Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread

Michael Imperioli is about to be on Letterman

108 year-old, incredibly-unfunny Don Rickles gets top billing over him? :confused:
That interview with Michael Imperioli was the suck. :own3d: Pretty much a waste of time. The midnight cowboy part was the best, but that was all there was. A big :lmao: by Letterman's producers/CBS IMO. Rickles was funny and all, but everyone wanted to see Imperioli.

Rickles was funny and all, but everyone wanted to see Imperioli.

Yeah, what the hell were they thinking making people wait until later in the show. What are they after, ratings?

I am in :mellow: with AJ's Lit teacher.Here is to hoping that we see more of her.

Funny you mention that. As soon as she came on the screen, my initial thought was, "AJ will be hitting that in about 1 minute".
:unsure: I am nearly certain we will see her again and something naughty is going to happen whether it be sex or violence.

:lmao: Awesome. I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but it looks great.

Another new episode tonight. Can't wait! :banned:

The question is, who is going to die tonight? Someone, regardless of how well we know the character, has died in every episode of Season 6B, so it goes without saying that at least one person will bite the dust tonight. But who?

am i the only one who thought tony said "I DID IT" at the end of the episode? Could have sworn that was what he yelled

me too..i was trying to figure out if he was admitting guilt or yelling in ecstasy
a bit of both i believe.

Tonight's episode is titled - The Second Coming. One has to believe that this has to do with Tony's rebirth of being a ruthless, mobster he was in the past. At least that's my interpretation/guess. Sometimes David Chase has something hidden in his episode titles. Are there any songs called "The Second Coming" that might foreshadow some events? :tinfoilhat:

Jumping ahead here... Some of these episode descriptions are interesting. (putting these comments in a spoiler format)

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

The Blue Comet -Sunday, June 3rd, 2007. (Episode # 85)

Tony contemplates a difficult choice given by Carmella. AJ inquires about going back to school. Agent Harris prepares for "Plan B." Silvio is demanding answers to a family crisis, but nobody in New York is in the mood for apologizing. The allegiance of those closest to Tony is put to the test; a case of mistaken identity has serious ramifications - Written by Terence Winter; directed by Tim Van Patten.

Wow. Lots of interesting storylines here. I wonder who the mistaken identity will be?

Made In America - Sunday, June 10th, 2007. (Episode # 86) Series Finale.

Tony thinks back to his first meeting with Dr. Melfi. Christopher and Meadow get offers from the west coast. Artie Bucco ponders a problem from his past. Some unexpected visitors arrive at the Soprano household. The final chapter in the saga of The Sopranos. Written & Directed by David Chase.

Christopher? Is this a typo or flashback? Dream?

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Edited by Wheelhouse

Tonight's episode is titled - The Second Coming. One has to believe that this has to do with Tony's rebirth of being a ruthless, mobster he was in the past. At least that's my interpretation/guess. Sometimes David Chase has something hidden in his episode titles. Are there any songs called "The Second Coming" that might foreshadow some events? :popcorn:

Doesn't the "second coming" have to do with the end of days and the dead rising from their graves? Interesting possibilities if the title means anything.

Tonight's episode is titled - The Second Coming. One has to believe that this has to do with Tony's rebirth of being a ruthless, mobster he was in the past. At least that's my interpretation/guess. Sometimes David Chase has something hidden in his episode titles. Are there any songs called "The Second Coming" that might foreshadow some events? :popcorn:

Doesn't the "second coming" have to do with the end of days and the dead rising from their graves? Interesting possibilities if the title means anything.
Not a lot you can take out of it. Lots of times the titles are just phrases that are used in the show while the characters are talking. Last week it was as innocent as the names of the two girls involved in the accident with Chris.

After doing a google search I found this on Wikipedia...A poem called The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again; but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

The link from Wikipedia further paraphrases the poem. What do you think? Any relation to the show at all? There's a few instances where I can see a correlation. :blackdot:

After doing a google search I found this on Wikipedia...A poem called The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Joan Didion already did this shtick.
Interesting? Who is that and what did she say about it?

It wouldn't surprise me if "The Second Coming" wasn't a major step forward for AJ into the mob life. Just throwing it out there. It has been mentioned on this board that he might start to get involved and then end up dead. It would be interesting to see if Iler can emulate Gandolfini as an actor to in affect create AJ's transforming into Tony. I didn't think he could, but he has been money in the last two episodes IMO.

The water is beginning to boil here.... :confused: Things definitely heating up. Did anyone slow down the preview of next week to get a glimpse of the scenes? I tried and could not come up with much.

LOL at Tony finding a tooth in his pant cuff.

AJ get kidnapped by NY guys in the next episode? looked like he was crying in a trunk or something.

Hmmmmm...maybe so. :confused: It was too difficult to tell in the preview.

seriously, I know I'm a big :confused: of this show, but to me, this series is as good as it'll ever get. I'm really going to enjoy these last two episodes, I don't think I'll be seeing anything like this again anytime soon.

:confused: I think I'm more sad that we're nearing the end than excited to see what happens. Just an amazing ensemble of actors and writers that have all gotten even better and better as the series has gone on.The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.

seriously, I know I'm a big :confused: of this show, but to me, this series is as good as it'll ever get. I'm really going to enjoy these last two episodes, I don't think I'll be seeing anything like this again anytime soon.

:confused: I think I'm more sad that we're nearing the end than excited to see what happens. Just an amazing ensemble of actors and writers that have all gotten even better and better as the series has gone on.The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.
that was great, as was the rage you could see building in tony when meadow was describing what happened at the deli. that guy can act just a little bit. Edited by Capella

This looks like a New York-New Jersey all out battle

This is a battle Tony doesn't want. New York has too much manpower. Either Tony finds a way to appease Phil, or this series will fade to black with T in the funeral parlor. Either way, the odds are a million-to-one that both Phil and Tony are still alive after the final episode.

Also agree with Cappy that this is great TV this season!