Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread

seriously, I know I'm a big :confused: of this show, but to me, this series is as good as it'll ever get. I'm really going to enjoy these last two episodes, I don't think I'll be seeing anything like this again anytime soon.

:confused: I think I'm more sad that we're nearing the end than excited to see what happens. Just an amazing ensemble of actors and writers that have all gotten even better and better as the series has gone on.The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.
Gandolfini's work on this show will be on the Rushmore of TV acting.

This looks like a New York-New Jersey all out battle

This is a battle Tony doesn't want. New York has too much manpower. Either Tony finds a way to appease Phil, or this series will fade to black with T in the funeral parlor. Either way, the odds are a million-to-one that both Phil and Tony are still alive after the final episode.

Also agree with Cappy that this is great TV this season!

I think NY is going to pick off one of Tony's boys in the next episode. Paulie, Sil, Bobby, one of them is going to be a message, imo. Edited by Capella

seriously, I know I'm a big :confused: of this show, but to me, this series is as good as it'll ever get. I'm really going to enjoy these last two episodes, I don't think I'll be seeing anything like this again anytime soon.

:confused: I think I'm more sad that we're nearing the end than excited to see what happens. Just an amazing ensemble of actors and writers that have all gotten even better and better as the series has gone on.The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.
Gandolfini's work on this show will be on the Rushmore of TV acting.
It would be hard to argue him off that list. Not to stray off topic, but who would join him on the rushmore list of TV acting? This topic deserves its own thread.

The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.

Robert Iler has really become a fine actor. I hate to say that, because personally I think the kid is a huge jerk in real life, but I give credit where it's due. Great comment by Melfi as well, regarding AJ subconsciously realizing that the length of the rope would leave his head above water. I hadn't thought about that until she mentioned it.

Awesome!

Does anyone know if the finale is two hours? You can kind of piece together what is possible to happen with just two episodes left. AJ will not play any role with the other "family" after what he did. Not sure what else they can do with his character after the position he is currently in.

Can't wait for June 3rd.

• Like 1

Awesome!Does anyone know if the finale is two hours? You can kind of piece together what is possible to happen with just two episodes left. AJ will not play any role with the other "family" after what he did. Not sure what else they can do with his character after the position he is currently in.Can't wait for June 3rd.

the HBO website has the show blocked off from 9-10:30 on June 10th. I'd guess 75 minutes or so.

This is a battle Tony doesn't want. New York has too much manpower. Either Tony finds a way to appease Phil, or this series will fade to black with T in the funeral parlor. Either way, the odds are a million-to-one that both Phil and Tony are still alive after the final episode.

I think NY is going to pick off one of Tony's boys in the next episode. Paulie, Sil, Bobby, one of them is going to be a message, imo.
Do you think Phil would have someone clip little Carmine? I don't think he's safe at all.

I think NY is going to pick off one of Tony's boys in the next episode. Paulie, Sil, Bobby, one of them is going to be a message, imo.
Do you think Phil would have someone clip little Carmine? I don't think he's safe at all.
maybe, but that's not really going to bother tony.

seriously, I know I'm a big :homer: of this show, but to me, this series is as good as it'll ever get. I'm really going to enjoy these last two episodes, I don't think I'll be seeing anything like this again anytime soon.

:X I think I'm more sad that we're nearing the end than excited to see what happens. Just an amazing ensemble of actors and writers that have all gotten even better and better as the series has gone on.The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.
:goodposting: Was very emotional scene. Great, great episode.

I thought he was the middle man and everything was cool with Phil until they actually saw Tony. I'm not sure what they can fault Carmine for in this situation. It's definitely Phil vs Tony.
  • Like 1

BTW, Meadow = :goodposting::homer::wub: :wub: :wub:

There were a couple of seasons there where she was starting look kind of 'meh'... but she has really become a beautiful young lady. Hopefully when her career inevitably hits the skids after this show ends, she'll go the gratuitous-nudity-in-B-movies route. :X

Did anyone slow down the preview of next week to get a glimpse of the scenes? I tried and could not come up with much.

Yeah. Couldn't see much, except for it looks like when Paulie stands up real quick it is to Tony.
It's because he gets exposed for playing both sides of the fence.
That's where I think it's going too. :X

Interesting to see all of the Soprano family progression. Tony saying "Poor you" just like Livia used to. And A.J. in the meeting with his parents and the therapist? in the hospital was acting so much like Tony. Like his dad, he never forgets anything. He was throwing up incidents from years ago.

Also, A.J.'s story about Livia saying that "life is all a big nothing. In the end, your friends and family let you down, and you die in your own arms." was especially interesting. Doesn't sound too good for Tony based on that.

I think it's more likely we see Carmine "step up" and take out Phil. You can tell he didn't like the way this was going down. He seems to be much more in line with Tony since Phil is being unreasonable. I could see a split in NY and Tony helping secure little Carmine.

Carmine is a joke. A peon. A punchline.

Everyone knows it. It serves no purpose to take him out.

Even if he is perceived to be "aligning himself" with Tony, who would really care?

Did anyone slow down the preview of next week to get a glimpse of the scenes? I tried and could not come up with much.

Yeah. Couldn't see much, except for it looks like when Paulie stands up real quick it is to Tony.
I thought this was Carmine they were talking about

I think it's more likely we see Carmine "step up" and take out Phil. You can tell he didn't like the way this was going down. He seems to be much more in line with Tony since Phil is being unreasonable. I could see a split in NY and Tony helping secure little Carmine.
Seems to me like all the NY guys are comfortably behind Phil now. Carmine kills him, he's a dead man himself.

I'd like to see Carmine standing until the end, just as an example of the sun shining on idiots.

Could be, but I think it has to do with Paulie.

FWIW, I thought that meant Carmine as well. Maybe that's why he gets clipped (speculating) - playing on both sides of the fence? Edited by Wheelhouse

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I've read where Little Carmine was seen on set on crutches or something along those lines. So, it would seem he's beaten up but not killed.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

The highlight for me tonight was Tony & A.J. after they're both out of the pool. Maybe I'm just a sentimental sap now that I've got a son of my own, but I could just feel Tony's pain and anguish. Amazing performance.

Robert Iler has really become a fine actor. I hate to say that, because personally I think the kid is a huge jerk in real life, but I give credit where it's due. Great comment by Melfi as well, regarding AJ subconsciously realizing that the length of the rope would leave his head above water. I hadn't thought about that until she mentioned it.
:lmao: You know him? Oh, right. You read about him getting arrested years ago.

Interesting to see all of the Soprano family progression. Tony saying "Poor you" just like Livia used to.

Chase likes to remind us of Livia in that fashion quite often. Gloria (the Mercedes saleswoman) said it to Tony, and Tony even said it to Carm when they were fighting in the Whitecaps episode.

Awesome!Does anyone know if the finale is two hours? You can kind of piece together what is possible to happen with just two episodes left. AJ will not play any role with the other "family" after what he did. Not sure what else they can do with his character after the position he is currently in.Can't wait for June 3rd.

the HBO website has the show blocked off from 9-10:30 on June 10th. I'd guess 75 minutes or so.
they might do a 15 minute wrap-up interview thing with the stars...

My bad. He sounds like a ####### SAINT, rolling innocent kids. :lmao:

On July 5, 2001, teen actor Robert Iler from the cable television show “The Sopranos” was arrested in New York and charged with robbery (mugging two teenagers of $40) and possession of drugs (marijuana). Iler reportedly told one of the cops, “Don’t you worry about me. I am a millionaire.” We know what you are thinking. Why in the world would a millionaire steal a measly $40?

Grab a clue when you get a chance.

That's where I think it's going too. :lmao:
FWIW, I thought that meant Carmine as well. Maybe that's why he gets clipped (speculating) - playing on both sides of the fence?
YEah, but I think it means a lot less if Carmine is playing both sides rather than Paulie. He's acting a middle man between the two families anyway.

On July 5, 2001, teen actor Robert Iler from the cable television show “The Sopranos” was arrested in New York and charged with robbery (mugging two teenagers of $40) and possession of drugs (marijuana). Iler reportedly told one of the cops, “Don’t you worry about me. I am a millionaire.” We know what you are thinking. Why in the world would a millionaire steal a measly $40?

:lmao: So I was right.

I linked you to an example of why he's a jerk.

If you can find time between your :lmao:'s, how about providing me with evidence that he's not?

No rush.

:shrug: You know him? Oh, right. You read about him getting arrested years ago.
My bad. He sounds like a ####### SAINT, rolling innocent kids. :goodposting:

I linked you to an example of why he's a jerk.

If you can find time between your :lmao:'s, how about providing me with evidence that he's not?

No rush.

He's a "huge jerk in real life" because as a kid he got arrested for weed, taking $40 from some other kid and a NY tabloid reported he made a silly statement to the cops who picked him up? The reality is you don't know anything about the guy in real life other than that. I'm not claiming to know him.

Carry on, Capella.

The latest in the "Things I Didn't Really Need to Know" category:

Phil...

...tissue

He's lying about that.
Exactly. What he really meant was "When I did 20 years, I wanted to bang a woman... but I compromised. I banged every guy in the joint instead." Hey, you saw him come out of the closet when Vito was killed...

;)

A huge series moment which will go overlooked because of the fireworks in the episode was Melfi's therapist basically discounting her work with the "sociopath" Tony. Tony's final scene with Melfi was brilliant. The parallels in both their lives, Tony trying to relate with his mother, Melfi trying to reach Tony, Tony needing to do peyote to relate, the bus driver shtick, brilliant. Tony's last line "You know, you have these thoughts and you almost grab it, and then..." Melfi's reaction. Genius.

The acting always gets the props in a great episode like this but in the Sopranos, the acting has never been lacking. The reason tonight's episode will resonate is because of the normal great writing of this show, but more importantly. the very skillful direction. This was a brilliantly directed episode.

The acting always gets the props in a great episode like this but in the Sopranos, the acting has never been lacking. The reason tonight's episode will resonate is because of the normal great writing of this show, but more importantly. the very skillful direction. This was a brilliantly directed episode.

People should expect nothing else from Salami. He is at the top of his game.