What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (3 Viewers)

My all time fave character was Tony B--it's a shame he had to go so young.
Ralph Cifaretto was the best, even though he was an a**hole psycho, he was still fun to watch. Pantoliano is great in everything he does.
:goodposting: I actually thought Buscemi was underused a bit in his role. His character was never worthy of being really liked or really hated, I thought. To each their own, though.

I don't remember if the actor that plays Furio was aound during 6B's shooting but is it possible Tony call in the cavalry from Italy for help with a possible NY/NJ war? Also, Where's Artie? I can't help but think he has a role in the last 2 episodes also.

Also, Where's Artie? I can't help but think he has a role in the last 2 episodes also.
I meant to post the same thing. He's been noticeably absent this season - it could be an issue with John Ventamiglia (sp?) or he's just not an important character anymore, but I also expect him to make an appearance before the show ends.

Righetti said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Righetti said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
Finless said:
chet said:
Ralphie...hands down.
Richie was damn good too.
;) Makes you wish there would have been a Jackie Sr. character.
He died from cancer Season 1. That's when Junior/Tony took over NJ family.
haven't seen the early episodes in a while. I hardly remember the character at all...
Tony getting him a "pro" to impersonate a nurse when Jackie was sick = GB :bag:

Also, Where's Artie? I can't help but think he has a role in the last 2 episodes also.
I meant to post the same thing. He's been noticeably absent this season - it could be an issue with John Ventamiglia (sp?) or he's just not an important character anymore, but I also expect him to make an appearance before the show ends.
according to the list in the first post, he is in the finale

according to the list in the first post, he is in the finale
The list in the first post also says that Christopher gets an offer from the West Coast.

there is a 0% chance i can tell anyone.i saw it with 14 other people at a small theatre in nyc and we all had to sign paperwork basically saying if we are responsible for leaking the finale to the media or any other form of mass media (posting on blogs, message boards, radio shows etc..) they can legally sue us for $450,000
So have you got the $450,000 check ready, or is HBO gonna have to add attorney fees to the suit? If what you say is true, you are probably already in breach of the confidentiality contract. I, however, think this is :bye: .

of course it's fishing. HBO isn't showing that #### to anybody. if somebody has told you they've seen it, they're lying.

the finale is going to be better protected than bagger's virginity.

So I'm guessing you saw the other 2 that have yet to come out as well? or did they just show the finale without letting you know what led up to it?

Righetti said:
WJH said:
Anyone know where I can find a Soprano family tree?
google down?its the first hit if you google it
Thanks... but was looking for the NY / NJ family trees. Bosses, captains, etc.Not Tony and Carm's family. Google doesnt seem to be helping with that.

chet said:
He literally HAD to go. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I heard David Chase speaking about this. He loved Buschemi and had planned on keeping him around, but he wrote himself into a corner. One of the "technical advisors" (read: wiseguys) on the show in whom Chase confides informed him that what Tony B. did - shooting at Phil and Billy, killing the latter - would never be tolerated. He had to be kilt.

Finless said:
I have a sneaky feeling we haven't seen the last of Leotardo. On another note, is their really a movie slated?
stop :hot: :hot: No crap we haven't seen the last of Phil Leotardo, he is the head of freaking NY, and plays an integral role in the last 2 episodes. :wall:

Finless said:
Finless said:
I have a sneaky feeling we haven't seen the last of Leotardo. On another note, is their really a movie slated?
stop :rolleyes: :shock: No crap we haven't seen the last of Phil Leotardo, he is the head of freaking NY, and plays an integral role in the last 2 episodes. :shock:
Is there a movie slated?
Oh, I thought you meant the next 2 episodes. Not sure if there is a movie planned or not. many are speculating it since that's where the big $$$ is. I do remember during season 5 they were considering making another season after 6. For this to happen, they wouldn't be able to kill off too many of the main characters.

Finless said:
Yes. In the movie, Phil Leotardo and the crew break into some shmuck's bedroom while he's out of town and steal $75 and a bucket of loose change.

So has season 6 surpassed all the other seasons as being the best? :popcorn:
probably will have, in three weeks.
just do not see how this season is the best, i think it is the worst. it just sucks
uh-huh
it has sucked the past 3 to 4 years. I watch to get a laugh at the writing and plots
Then I can see why it sucks FOR YOU. And, you simply don't "get" the show.For your criteria, seasons 1-3 are all that matters.

The writing has been superb this year and in S-5, and the plots in Seasons 4, 5, and 6b are off the charts compared to the relatively simplistic plots of S1-3.

The show just isn't for you - and that's OK.

So has season 6 surpassed all the other seasons as being the best? :lmao:
probably will have, in three weeks.
just do not see how this season is the best, i think it is the worst. it just sucks
uh-huh
it has sucked the past 3 to 4 years. I watch to get a laugh at the writing and plots
:goodposting: just boring
i got you cap,uh-huh

Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today? Pretty cool interview. The idea for the "Pine Barrens" episode came out of Van Patten's dad driving the kids to Atlantic City when they were young, and the dad telling them about people going into the Pine Barrens and never coming out... talking about devils in New Jersey -- and I don't mean the hockey team.

So Rome asks him "Did you and your dad get lost and eat ketchup packets?"

:goodposting:

ETA the episodes he directed:

* episode 1.08 "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti"

* episode 2.04 "Commendatori"

* episode 2.05 "Big Girls Don't Cry"

* episode 2.11 "House Arrest"

* episode 3.02 "Proshai, Livushka

* episode 3.07 "Second Opinion"

* episode 3.11 "Amour Fou"

* episode 4.03 "Christopher"

* episode 4.09 "Whoever Did This

* episode 4.11 "Calling All Cars"

* episode 5.01 "Two Tonys"

* episode 5.09 "Unidentified Black Males"

* episode 5.12 "Long Term Parking"

* episode 6.01 "Members Only"

* episode 6.06 "Live Free or Die"

* episode 6.08 "Johnny Cakes"

* episode 6.11 "Cold Stones"

* episode 6.13 "Soprano Home Movies"

* episode 6.16 "Chasing It"

* episode 6.19 "The Second Coming"

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today? Pretty cool interview. The idea for the "Pine Barrens" episode came out of Van Patten's dad driving the kids to Atlantic City when they were young, and the dad telling them about people going into the Pine Barrens and never coming out... talking about devils in New Jersey -- and I don't mean the hockey team.So Rome asks him "Did you and your dad get lost and eat ketchup packets?" :goodposting:ETA the episodes he directed: * episode 1.08 "The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti" * episode 2.04 "Commendatori" * episode 2.05 "Big Girls Don't Cry" * episode 2.11 "House Arrest" * episode 3.02 "Proshai, Livushka * episode 3.07 "Second Opinion" * episode 3.11 "Amour Fou" * episode 4.03 "Christopher" * episode 4.09 "Whoever Did This * episode 4.11 "Calling All Cars" * episode 5.01 "Two Tonys" * episode 5.09 "Unidentified Black Males" * episode 5.12 "Long Term Parking" * episode 6.01 "Members Only" * episode 6.06 "Live Free or Die" * episode 6.08 "Johnny Cakes" * episode 6.11 "Cold Stones" * episode 6.13 "Soprano Home Movies" * episode 6.16 "Chasing It" * episode 6.19 "The Second Coming"
Good variation in these episodes. Amour Fou, Whoever Did This, and Long Term Parking are off the charts good IMO, but Commendatori, Unidentified Black Males and Christopher aren't far behind.

N.Y. Shreks said:
RAIDERNATION said:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today? Pretty cool interview. The idea for the "Pine Barrens" episode came out of Van Patten's dad driving the kids to Atlantic City when they were young, and the dad telling them about people going into the Pine Barrens and never coming out... talking about devils in New Jersey -- and I don't mean the hockey team.

:lmao:

Good variation in these episodes. Amour Fou, Whoever Did This, and Long Term Parking are off the charts good IMO, but Commendatori, Unidentified Black Males and Christopher aren't far behind.
Really? Christopher?IMO, that is THE worst episode in the show's run. The whole Columbus Day propaganda they force-fed us was almost impossible to sit through. To this day, it's the one episode I rarely re-watch.

Not that any of it was Salami's fault, for the record. He didn't write that crap.

Did Van Patten have anything to say about the final two?
Rome asked him, but didn't expect an answer. Good thing, since he didn't get one.TVP also directed the episode where Chris died, and he said that someone on the set got caught taking pictures of Chris sitting in the car after Tony killed him. Van Patten said they confronted the person and "took care of him." Rome then asked if they "took CARE of him" Sopranos-style... LOL.

I got the impression they just took the camera.

RAIDERNATION said:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today?
In addition to his excellent directing skills (and of course as his Emmy worthy role of Salami) he was once married to one of the most underrated 80's teen movie hotties: Betsy Russell.I think she was naked in every film she was in. Remember her Lady Godiva act in Private School? The sponge bath scene in Tomboy.

ETA: RAIDERNATION's correction of Salami's lineage.

Last edited by a moderator:
N.Y. Shreks said:
RAIDERNATION said:

:thumbdown:

Really? Christopher?IMO, that is THE worst episode in the show's run. The whole Columbus Day propaganda they force-fed us was almost impossible to sit through. To this day, it's the one episode I rarely re-watch.

Not that any of it was Salami's fault, for the record. He didn't write that crap.
I personally enjoyed seeing Silvio and Patsy getting all worked up. But to each his own.

RAIDERNATION said:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today?
In addition to his excellent directing skills (and of course as his Emmy worthy role of Salami) he was once married to one of the most underrated 80's teen movie hotties: Betsy Russell.I think she was naked in every film she was in. Remember her Lady Godiva act in Private School? The sponge bath scene in Tomboy.

And an odd bit of trivia: we all know who his old man is, but his aunt (DVP's sister) was the woman who was the commisioner of the Little League in "Bad News Bears".
**** Van Patten is not Tim's father.

Happened to be looking at the credits for "Goodfellas" at IMDB.com, and saw this:

Joseph R. Gannascoli ... Guy who walks downstairs at Paulie's house (uncredited)

Joe Gannascoli is Vito, for those who don't know. I never noticed him in GF before,

but I believe he was thin in 1990, so why would I? I'll have to check the DVD in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread