Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I don't know if this was posted before, but until this past weekend, I was wondering what Tony got when he said, "I get it" out in Vegas after killing Christopher. In talking to my father-in-law we concluded, that Tony finally understood why Christopher took drugs. He was high and feeling great, having a great time and then it dawned on him. Any other theories?

Ton had done drugs before. It's not like he's still forming an opinion about it. I think this statement had nothing to do with Christopher.
Right before Tony "got it", as the sun was rising, the sun flashed like the beacon he saw on the horizon when he was in a coma. Whatever he "got" must be related to that. Maybe life, the universe, and everything.
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony Soprano : [over the phone]  It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed! Paulie 'Walnuts' Gual

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me, I picked up the Sopranos in the middle of season 2. I'd just moved to LA and friends I hung out with used to have viewing parties so that was my introduction. It

Could have used more Furio before they wrote him out. His first scene in America collecting at the brothel was insane. up in the club cracks me up every time.

I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting.

What the hell is up with Kupferberg's water bottle? That thing is huge. And does he really need that mesh-netting around it? He's seeing patients in NJ not crossing the Sahara.

Not sure if this has been covered, but when did Tony's voice change? Watch an episode from the early seasons and then watch one of the new ones. His voice is more nasally now, and it is almost like he is talking with his tongue more, but not with a lisp, if that makes any sense. Imagine how your voice sounds when you say, "Shh!" to someone, like you are telling them to be quiet. His voice almost has that sort of sound to it. That is the best way I can describe it.

Not sure if this has been covered, but when did Tony's voice change? Watch an episode from the early seasons and then watch one of the new ones. His voice is more nasally now, and it is almost like he is talking with his tongue more, but not with a lisp, if that makes any sense. Imagine how your voice sounds when you say, "Shh!" to someone, like you are telling them to be quiet. His voice almost has that sort of sound to it. That is the best way I can describe it.

And if you watch the pilot episode, it was WAAAAAAAAY different.He wasn't yet talking like "Tony from Jersey"... he was talking like James Gandolfini.

I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting.What the hell is up with Kupferberg's water bottle? That thing is huge. And does he really need that mesh-netting around it? He's seeing patients in NJ not crossing the Sahara.

He used that before in an early episode. IIRC, Peter Bogdonovich (Elliot) spent some time with a real-life psychiatrist before he took this role, and that was one of that shrink's quirks. So they made it a part of Elliot.It suits his nerdy ways perfectly, does it not?

I thought a lot of it had to do with his fat.

And if you watch the pilot episode, it was WAAAAAAAAY different.He wasn't yet talking like "Tony from Jersey"... he was talking like James Gandolfini.
True, but he still sounded closer to "vintage" Tony in the pilot than he does now.

I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting.What the hell is up with Kupferberg's water bottle? That thing is huge. And does he really need that mesh-netting around it? He's seeing patients in NJ not crossing the Sahara.

He used that before in an early episode. IIRC, Peter Bogdonovich (Elliot) spent some time with a real-life psychiatrist before he took this role, and that was one of that shrink's quirks. So they made it a part of Elliot.It suits his nerdy ways perfectly, does it not?
Pretty much.

That is possible, although maybe the voice change happened after he got shot. Maybe the wound affected his voice. I am just spit-balling, though, as I cannot remember exactly when his voice changed.

I read somewhere (it may have been one of the links in this very thread) that there is a voice coach on the set every episode.They are really working hard to get him to sound this way, but I don't know why.

I read somewhere (it may have been one of the links in this very thread) that there is a voice coach on the set every episode.They are really working hard to get him to sound this way, but I don't know why.
Interesting.

I watched "Funhouse", the S2 finale, on A & E last week. When Tony awakes from his first food poison induced dream, he cries out "Its all a big nothing". Carmella says, " What?" Tony says, "Life". Is this phrase used in any other episodes?

I watched "Funhouse", the S2 finale, on A & E last week. When Tony awakes from his first food poison induced dream, he cries out "Its all a big nothing". Carmella says, " What?" Tony says, "Life". Is this phrase used in any other episodes?

AJ referred to Livia telling him that before she died. It was when he took Tony and Carm to therapy, earlier this season.

AJ referred to Livia telling him that before she died. It was when he took Tony and Carm to therapy, earlier this season.
Actually, it was the last episode. I am aware of that connection, as well as the episode AJ recalls. I was wondering if there were any more. TIA

:goodposting: to the the gold standard in TV...Changed it forever:

TONY: The morning of the day I got sick, I been thinking. It’s good to be in something from the ground floor. I came in too late for that, I know. But lately, I’m getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.DR. MELFI: Many Americans, I think, feel that way.TONY: I think about my father. He never reached the heights like me. But in a lotta ways he had it better. He had his people. They had their standards. They had pride. Today, whadda we got?

:excited:

I don't know if this was posted before, but until this past weekend, I was wondering what Tony got when he said, "I get it" out in Vegas after killing Christopher. In talking to my father-in-law we concluded, that Tony finally understood why Christopher took drugs. He was high and feeling great, having a great time and then it dawned on him. Any other theories?

Ton had done drugs before. It's not like he's still forming an opinion about it. I think this statement had nothing to do with Christopher.
Maybe Tony was simply realizing a new day was dawning for him.He slept with the hot chick, had ridiculous luck gambling, tripped his head off, fell down giggling in glee, had a perfect end of the night in the desert by seeing a beautiful sunrise.

When Pie-O-My was killed in the fire, Ralphie never admited he had something to do with it, Tony assumed and killed him.Did we ever learn the truth? Accident or Ralphie?

Ralphie - it seemed pretty obvious to me when Ralphie said "you got your cut" of the insurance $$

When Pie-O-My was killed in the fire, Ralphie never admited he had something to do with it, Tony assumed and killed him.

Did we ever learn the truth? Accident or Ralphie?

Did we learn 100%? No. But it certainly was implied that it was Ralph's doing.

He took out the extra insurance right before the fire, and his "SO WHAT?!?!?!.... It was a ####### horse!" diatribe would indicate that he did it. I seem to recall having this debate before, however, and I seem to remember that there are many who disagree with me.

When Pie-O-My was killed in the fire, Ralphie never admited he had something to do with it, Tony assumed and killed him.Did we ever learn the truth? Accident or Ralphie?

Ralphie - it seemed pretty obvious to me when Ralphie said "you got your cut" of the insurance $$
Yep. "When I hand you those fat envelopes, you don't ask where THAT comes from."And "You eat pork by the truckload" or something to that effect, questioning Tony's seemingly-odd love for Pie.

I'm in the process of making hotdogs for lunch today and I'm going to try and make one of those lincoln log things. I'm not sure if the filling is sour cream or cream cheese - gonna try both. :goodposting:

I'm in the process of making hotdogs for lunch today and I'm going to try and make one of those lincoln log things. I'm not sure if the filling is sour cream or cream cheese - gonna try both. :goodposting:

Pretty sure it was cream cheese..

So who gets whacked tonight???

Hard to believe there are only two episodes left. Seems like they have so much left to do. I still would not be surprised if FOOLIO shows up. The way they manufactured that argument between Carmella and Tony last week (Carm getting sick of Tony going to the "depression card" all the time, etc)... it just felt forced. So maybe they are going to break up for good, and Furio getting into the picture would make sense.

Or Vic the wallpaper guy. :shock:

So who gets whacked tonight???Hard to believe there are only two episodes left. Seems like they have so much left to do. I still would not be surprised if FOOLIO shows up. The way they manufactured that argument between Carmella and Tony last week (Carm getting sick of Tony going to the "depression card" all the time, etc)... it just felt forced. So maybe they are going to break up for good, and Furio getting into the picture would make sense.Or Vic the wallpaper guy. :goodposting:

I'm thinking Sil gets it tonight for some reason. Some NY guys too.

So who gets whacked tonight???

RAIDERNATION, which is your favorite Sorpanos whacking?My top 3 are: Adriana, Richie, and Big ##### (I would like to whack this stupid language filter!).
I was uncomfortable during the Ade scene. Made my skin crawl. I liked the Matthew Bevilaqua hit. "Cause that sugarless mother####er is the last ####### drink you're ever gonna have."MOMMY!!!

So who gets whacked tonight???Hard to believe there are only two episodes left. Seems like they have so much left to do. I still would not be surprised if FOOLIO shows up. The way they manufactured that argument between Carmella and Tony last week (Carm getting sick of Tony going to the "depression card" all the time, etc)... it just felt forced. So maybe they are going to break up for good, and Furio getting into the picture would make sense.Or Vic the wallpaper guy. :confused:

My money is on either Chris or Rusty Irish
Over/under on the number of people who know who Rusty Irish is without looking it up?

I don't care what happens as long as we get to see that gun Bobby B. gave Tony in the first episode of the season. There is no freakin way they could show that in the first episode, and not show it again.

It's very unlikely that Furio would come back, but it would be cool if Tony brought in the cavalry from the old country. NJ may need help since NY gang > NJ gang.

I agree, seems like way too much to wrap up in 2 episodes.

I don't care what happens as long as we get to see that gun Bobby B. gave Tony in the first episode of the season. There is no freakin way they could show that in the first episode, and not show it again.

20 bucks says we won't be seeing that again. It's not scarface.

wow,wow,wow,wow,wow

I haven't been the biggest fan of the last few seasons, but this is what all those like me have been clamoring for.

Imagine this whole last season with the tension of this episode. My stomach was in a knot from the start.

What the Sopranos should be!

20 bucks says we won't be seeing that again. It's not scarface.
Sorry. Wrong answer.