What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (5 Viewers)

Did anyone else get that VERY brief inkling that Tony might off himself with the assault rifle when he sat down on the bed, holding the rifle in a very precarious position? Mama Mia, what an episode.

My heart was in my throat the whole episode, but especially when the italians for hire got out of the car, headed towards the house to supposedly take care of Phil. Not a care in the world - absolute ruthless intentions with no regard for remose. Amazing drama. :jawdrop:

Did anyone else get that VERY brief inkling that Tony might off himself with the assault rifle when he sat down on the bed, holding the rifle in a very precarious position? Mama Mia, what an episode.

My heart was in my throat the whole episode, but especially when the italians for hire got out of the car, headed towards the house to supposedly take care of Phil. Not a care in the world - absolute ruthless intentions with no regard for remose. Amazing drama. :banned:
I did. For a brief second it looked like he was going to eat the end of that rifle.

I don't care what happens as long as we get to see that gun Bobby B. gave Tony in the first episode of the season. There is no freakin way they could show that in the first episode, and not show it again.
20 bucks says we won't be seeing that again. It's not scarface.
Sorry. Wrong answer.
I'm thinking Sil gets it tonight for some reason. Some NY guys too.
right answer. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finless said:
Is there any chance we see AJ taking on a larger role in the family?
I think Tony dies in the first couple of minutes next week. Fast forward SEVERAL years to AJ in his "gangsta prime". He puts his family back in order takes out anybody that had anything to do with the death of his father. :banned:

Finless said:
I think Tony dies in the first couple of minutes next week. Fast forward SEVERAL years to AJ in his "gangsta prime". He puts his family back in order takes out anybody that had anything to do with the death of his father. :eek:
I don't think Tony will die. This should be a poll. I also have no idea how everything is going to end. Will things end with any kind of closure of Tony and family separating themselves from the lifestyle? Will Tony rise to the occasion and take down Phil and New York and that's the climax? Will everyone die (bloodbath) and there is no more organized crime in NY/NJ? Who knows?!? :banned:

Finless said:
I think Tony dies in the first couple of minutes next week. Fast forward SEVERAL years to AJ in his "gangsta prime". He puts his family back in order takes out anybody that had anything to do with the death of his father. :eek:
I don't think Tony will die. This should be a poll. I also have no idea how everything is going to end. Will things end with any kind of closure of Tony and family separating themselves from the lifestyle? Will Tony rise to the occasion and take down Phil and New York and that's the climax? Will everyone die (bloodbath) and there is no more organized crime in NY/NJ? Who knows?!? :banned:
If Tony doesn't die, Chase isn't serious about ending the show.

I have a feeling after the dust settles after the initial viewing, people will pan this episode in here. And rightly so in my opinion. Where was this intensity 20 episodes ago?

The train cutaways with Bobby were horrible.

at least Bobby died in his personal heaven - a toy train store. Nice camera work in that scene. VERY nicely done.
Loved the end to the Tony/Melfi scene as well.What a great episode.fwiw, I don't think it'll be as easy as Tony getting clipped by some low-level NY slob. Not sure what's going to happen, just not thinking that'll be it.

Finless said:
I think Tony dies in the first couple of minutes next week. Fast forward SEVERAL years to AJ in his "gangsta prime". He puts his family back in order takes out anybody that had anything to do with the death of his father. :lmao:
What?!? :eek: He's killed Chris, Bobby and probably Silvio. Show is done next week.

For those that have praised the past few seasons. I agree it's been thought provoking, but when was the last time you had the gut-wrentching tightness in your gut that this episode provided.

That's the Sopranos that we have been hoping for this season.

Too bad there's only one episode left.

My heart was in my throat the whole episode, but especially when the italians for hire got out of the car, headed towards the house to supposedly take care of Phil. Not a care in the world - absolute ruthless intentions with no regard for remose. Amazing drama. :goodposting:
I did. For a brief second it looked like he was going to eat the end of that rifle.
I did think the same thing. But after he had the flashback I got that he was getting nostalgic. It was the gun Bobby gave him.

Finless said:
I think Tony dies in the first couple of minutes next week. Fast forward SEVERAL years to AJ in his "gangsta prime". He puts his family back in order takes out anybody that had anything to do with the death of his father. :lmao:
I don't think Tony will die. This should be a poll. I also have no idea how everything is going to end. Will things end with any kind of closure of Tony and family separating themselves from the lifestyle? Will Tony rise to the occasion and take down Phil and New York and that's the climax? Will everyone die (bloodbath) and there is no more organized crime in NY/NJ? Who knows?!? :goodposting:
What?!? :shock: He's killed Chris, Bobby and probably Silvio. Show is done next week.
The show isn't truly over unless Tony dies.

For those that have praised the past few seasons. I agree it's been thought provoking, but when was the last time you had the gut-wrentching tightness in your gut that this episode provided. That's the Sopranos that we have been hoping for this season. Too bad there's only one episode left.
You can't have gut-wrenching tightness every episode. Doesn't make sense. There's only so many people in the show you feel that "close" too.This year has been amazing, seriously.

Finless said:
I don't think Tony will die. This should be a poll. I also have no idea how everything is going to end. Will things end with any kind of closure of Tony and family separating themselves from the lifestyle? Will Tony rise to the occasion and take down Phil and New York and that's the climax? Will everyone die (bloodbath) and there is no more organized crime in NY/NJ? Who knows?!? :goodposting:
What?!? :shock: He's killed Chris, Bobby and probably Silvio. Show is done next week.
The show isn't truly over unless Tony dies.
It's over.

For those that have praised the past few seasons. I agree it's been thought provoking, but when was the last time you had the gut-wrentching tightness in your gut that this episode provided. That's the Sopranos that we have been hoping for this season. Too bad there's only one episode left.
You can't have gut-wrenching tightness every episode. Doesn't make sense. There's only so many people in the show you feel that "close" too.This year has been amazing, seriously.
I agree it's been amazing. I've liked every episode. But I think they should have fleshed out the NY/NJ war much more.

I agree it's been amazing. I've liked every episode. But I think they should have fleshed out the NY/NJ war much more.
What's to flesh out? New York is rolling over Jersey. There's nothing they can do about it. If you'd want to see more of Janice or Carm's reactions, I can buy that...but this 'war' is going to be a rout.

Was hoping the last scene of the episode was going to be the pizza delivery. Paulie opens the door to the pizza guy's back, the delivery guy turns around and it's ....the TB guy!! Imagine the tension!! How long can the crew last until the killer TB spreads?? Is the pizza infected?? Will anyone recognize the man as the carrier of the rare form of the virus?? Did Phil put the guy up to this?? Has Tony had his shots?? Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion!

Was hoping the last scene of the episode was going to be the pizza delivery. Paulie opens the door to the pizza guy's back, the delivery guy turns around and it's ....the TB guy!! Imagine the tension!! How long can the crew last until the killer TB spreads?? Is the pizza infected?? Will anyone recognize the man as the carrier of the rare form of the virus?? Did Phil put the guy up to this?? Has Tony had his shots?? Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion!
:goodposting:

"When the Music's Over" by The Doors playing at the Bing. I love it.
I think that was actually "The End." Awesome.
Could've sworn it was the other one but I'll have to re-watch. Either way it was a nice touch with everything happening at that moment and on the heels of Tony's Peyote Expedition. They've definitely always done a nice job with the music on this show. Good stuff...

my freaking satelite crapped out from when tony pulls AJ off the bed to when they show up at Junior's house. Unreal. great episode though

"When the Music's Over" by The Doors playing at the Bing. I love it.
I think that was actually "The End." Awesome.
Could've sworn it was the other one but I'll have to re-watch. Either way it was a nice touch with everything happening at that moment and on the heels of Tony's Peyote Expedition. They've definitely always done a nice job with the music on this show. Good stuff...
You were right, no need to re-watch (for that reason anyway). Btw I loved the look on Carms face when AJ said he couldnt find his belt. :thumbup:

What's to flesh out? New York is rolling over Jersey. There's nothing they can do about it. If you'd want to see more of Janice or Carm's reactions, I can buy that...but this 'war' is going to be a rout.
Lets just hope Tony = Frank Reich

Microcosm of AJ's life -

AJ: "You didn't even knock. I could've been doing anything".

Tony: "Yeah, but you were doing nothing".

Anyone think the last episode will have some sort of terrorism connection? That keep going back to that well either with the FBI or just "random" instances like when Tony eyed the labtop to see the terrorism headline.

I give full credit for the last half of this final season and I can't wait till next week. But for every part of me that is happy about the fact this ending is going to be very good, I have a part of me that is upset that the past few seasons could have been this good.

Users who are viewing this thread