What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

Capella, what happened to your post? You're a ******* for making me scan the whole episode for it. I saw nothing.

anybody notice on the Bing marquee, they were promoting the Holyfield/Lewis PPV fight?

Capella, what happened to your post? You're a ******* for making me scan the whole episode for it. I saw nothing.

anybody notice on the Bing marquee, they were promoting the Holyfield/Lewis PPV fight?
I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :loco:

I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :loco:
It's there.Look approx. 8:43 in.

Last edited by a moderator:

I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :crazy:
It's there.
What are you guys watching tv on?
58" HDTV :loco:

I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :crazy:
It's there.
58" HDTV :loco:
Sniff. Only a 46" LCD HDTV over here.

I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :shrug:
It's there.
58" HDTV :bowtie:
Appreciate you saving my sanity.

My prediction is that Sil isn't dead, and in order to save what's left of Tony's family he turns witness for the Feds.

The last scene in the previews, where Tony's in the SUV with one of his guys, looks like he's waiting to waylay somebody. Like Phil. That would be cool. Tony and Paulie taking out half a N.Y. family would be awesome. Not that that will happen, but I can dream.
This is what it looked like to me as well. I assume somebody, maybe the FBI tipped Tony off to where they are hiding. Then again, we have seen how the previews can be misleading.

Right now, I am thinking that Tony will get to Phil first, but then Butchie and the remaining NY capos somehow get to Tony's real family, Carmela, for sure. Tony, having seen his whole crew and all or much of his real family wiped out, kills himself. The series will end with Dr. Melfi finding out about Tony's suicide. That is my prediction.
I like this prediction for the ending of the show...except Phil and NY won't kill Carm. Families are safe. It's a mob code that all sides never breach. Tony even mentioned it to her when he was trying to get her to leave the house.

Do the white shoes Syl wore (took) have any connection to the shoes at Johnny Sacs bedside when he died. Is there some mob movie reference that I don't get or was it just a pair of shoes he stole off a dead guy.
Fredo wore 'em.Richie wore 'em.

Paulie wears 'em.

What'ya gonna do? :drive:
From the NJ TV guy:
White shoes equal death? Moments before Johnny Sack passed, Ginny finished cleaning up his favorite pair of white slippers. Doc Santoro was sporting a pair when he got the Moe Greene Special. Burt Gervasi was wearing a pair of white shoes when Sil took him out, and Sil was buffing his own white shoes when Tony gave his orders to reach out to the "cousins" in Naples. On the other hand, Paulie is still vertical, and "Remember When" showed us just how many pairs he has.

I scanned it again, didn't see it. Maybe I was high. I asked my friend while we watched it and he said he saw it too. :shrug:
It's there.
58" HDTV :bowtie:
Appreciate you saving my sanity.
65" here, rookies. (sig) ;) Buddy o' mine rocks a 100 incher! :hot:

Finless said:
Cheap tactic having Sil saying in last weeks preview, "you've been playing both sides of the fence", but in the actual episode he says "he's been playing both sides of the fence".Shame on you David Chase, I'll never watch a preview for a new episode again. I ask that all of you join this protest.
I heard "He's..." in the previews. At least that's what I thought I heard.
That was his mom's house they went to at the end, right?
I thought it was Junior's place.Didn't they sell his mom's house?
I thought so? Am I crazy or was there a lifesize cardboard cutout of Sil in that house???
Is this a joke? I didn't notice anyone carry it in.
not a joke. who has this thing Tivo'd? Check the scene when they are in the livingroom.
definitely something there
It was, yes. It was a cardboard cutout of Sil doing his Michael Corleone impression.They brought it from the Bing as a tribute, I suppose.
Just re-watched it. It is 100% Sil doing the tribute. They didnt bring it in though. It was already there.
So you are 100% certain that none of them had been there earlier in the day???
Whose house is this???
Looked like one of the #### holes they bought up in the HUD scam, but it's probably just "some house." Remember in Goodfellas, Henry's told us that he could get anything he wanted? Coke, money to gamble, keys to a dozen hideout flats in the city...... I'm sure these guys had a million places they could go.

I'll see if I can get a screencap, but I do believe that it is a cutout of Sil in the living room. It's not as cool as Big #####'s ghost in the hallway at Livia's funeral. Can't remember where that cutout came from, if it was mentioned.
No clear focus shot of the face, but here's 2 caps:Screencap 1

Screencap 2

Looks like Sil to me.
What's the mystery? It's definitely Sil.
this is going to lead to one of those Three Men and a Baby deals

good point RN.. I don't think that Tony and the crew would go to such an obvious spot as Uncle Junior's or Livia's house.

although I did thing it looked like Uncle Junior's place

who was the guy who Sil killed? he was the one playing both sides with NY and NJ right, have we seen that actual character before, what is his story?

This is one of those episodes where I wish I actually took notes. So much to comment on. Stomach-tightening drama, as has been pointed out. Television rarely gets better than this, and if next week is even better, it'll be nuts.

- I'm assuming that the zips actually had the right house, and that Phil's goomah lives with her father who came home at an unfortunate time. Also assuming that Phil wisely changed up his routine, which had been visiting her every Friday. Am I wrong here? Did they flat out have the wrong address?

- Wouldn't a gun with a silencer have been a lot easier for Sil rather than garroting Bert?

- 2 GRAND A DAY for the looney bin??? :drive:

- Is there still any question that Agent Harris has developed a fondness for Tony? Sharing that information about the possible hit was more than just a payback for the terror-related information.

- Wish I could get an invite to that monthly "Dorky Shrinks" dinner party.

- Janice + High Definition = :X :X :X

- Agree completely that T's final session with Melfi was terrific.

- Carm hides AJ's belts and Tony drains the pool. :lmao:

- Paulie: "Look at the stems on blondie" as Tony is literally running for his life. :lol: ;)

- Tony hands Janice $5 towards Uncle June's housing fund. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

- If anyone was wondering, the title of this episode was "Blue Comet".... which was the name of the train set Bobby was about to purchase. Once again, Chase's titles mean absolutely nothing if you're seeking clues.

- Bing patrons and topless strippers fleeing the shooting was hilarious.
Some good stuff here! Even funnier were the "oohs"and "ahhs" from the crowd watching the motorcycle guy wipe out.

Finless said:
Cheap tactic having Sil saying in last weeks preview, "you've been playing both sides of the fence", but in the actual episode he says "he's been playing both sides of the fence".

Shame on you David Chase, I'll never watch a preview for a new episode again. I ask that all of you join this protest.
I heard "He's..." in the previews. At least that's what I thought I heard.

That was his mom's house they went to at the end, right?
I thought it was Junior's place.

Didn't they sell his mom's house?
I thought so?

Am I crazy or was there a lifesize cardboard cutout of Sil in that house???
Is this a joke? I didn't notice anyone carry it in.
not a joke. who has this thing Tivo'd? Check the scene when they are in the livingroom.
definitely something there
It was, yes. It was a cardboard cutout of Sil doing his Michael Corleone impression.

They brought it from the Bing as a tribute, I suppose.
Just re-watched it. It is 100% Sil doing the tribute. They didnt bring it in though. It was already there.
So you are 100% certain that none of them had been there earlier in the day???

Whose house is this???
Looked like one of the #### holes they bought up in the HUD scam, but it's probably just "some house." Remember in Goodfellas, Henry's told us that he could get anything he wanted? Coke, money to gamble, keys to a dozen hideout flats in the city...... I'm sure these guys had a million places they could go.
Looked like Paulies mothers house to me. I think they stopped their last year before they burried a body, and she cooked them Spaghetti. :no:

I didn't care for last nights episode, although it was interesting to see the ball get rolling here. I guess with only 2 episodes left it had to happen sooner or later. Of course, I hate any episode where Melfi gets more than 3 minutes of screen time. I get it, he's a mobster seeing a shrink. Melfi is annoying. There are tons of more interesting characters I'd like to see storylines about.

I'll be there for the ending. But at this point, not much left. Christopher/Adrianna gone, Bobby gone, Junior out of his mind, Sil and Paulie are about all that's left, and Sil's halfway gone.

Of course, I hate any episode where Melfi gets more than 3 minutes of screen time. I get it, he's a mobster seeing a shrink. Melfi is annoying. There are tons of more interesting characters I'd like to see storylines about.
The Melfi scenes have never been about her character.

Right now, I am thinking that Tony will get to Phil first, but then Butchie and the remaining NY capos somehow get to Tony's real family, Carmela, for sure. Tony, having seen his whole crew and all or much of his real family wiped out, kills himself. The series will end with Dr. Melfi finding out about Tony's suicide. That is my prediction.
I like this prediction for the ending of the show...except Phil and NY won't kill Carm. Families are safe. It's a mob code that all sides never breach. Tony even mentioned it to her when he was trying to get her to leave the house.
It would also be poor writing, as Phil has gone out of his way to express that he's disappointed things aren't done the old school way. In this episode, for example, he decrys the way Tony's crew "makes" their guys "there wasn't any finger prickin, no sword and gun on the table, nothin. Either it means something or it don't".

It would also be poor writing, as Phil has gone out of his way to express that he's disappointed things aren't done the old school way. In this episode, for example, he decrys the way Tony's crew "makes" their guys "there wasn't any finger prickin, no sword and gun on the table, nothin. Either it means something or it don't".
Didn't Tony say "families are off limits" last night? I don't think Carm (or the kids) will get capped. I really hope Tony gets Phil next week. I hate that #####.

Why on earth do they know they've had the targets placed on their backs and it takes so long to get out of town....even after they've made the decision to go after Phil. Goofing around at Tony's house, at the Bing, the train store. I'd have been a hell of a lot more careful.

Why on earth do they know they've had the targets placed on their backs and it takes so long to get out of town....even after they've made the decision to go after Phil. Goofing around at Tony's house, at the Bing, the train store. I'd have been a hell of a lot more careful.
I think things like that, and especially Sil being half-assed about it leaving the Bing after Tony telling him to have eyes in the back of his head, were to show just how “small-time” the NJ family is, compared to the NY families. It just drives home the whole point of what Phil was saying about them being a glorified crew. So not only are they the underdogs, a majority of the audience is now “rooting” for Tony, who is in reality a horrible and despicable person. We all want the “bad guy” to win.

Random thoughts . . .

Tony and Sil were slow boxing because the overture for Cavalera Rusticana was playing, which is used under the slow motion beginning in the film Raging Bull.

Nice song appearance by Metallica during the toy train seen. "No Leaf Clover" was playing as the trains lights were going through the tunnel.

Bobby B getting whacked in Trainland which is in Lynbrook L.I - On Sunrise highway.

:hey: As soon as Tony got the inside scoop from the FBI he should have sent out the call for everyone to lay low.

Random thought: Why would Phil and his crew pick Bobby as the #3 instead of Paulie. They even mentioned he once was Junior's driver, how could he be #3.

No mention of Paulie at all at that conversation.

I believe Paulie has been playing both sides for a long time.

Paulie will wack Tony, or attempt to.

Random thought: Why would Phil and his crew pick Bobby as the #3 instead of Paulie. They even mentioned he once was Junior's driver, how could he be #3.No mention of Paulie at all at that conversation. I believe Paulie has been playing both sides for a long time.Paulie will wack Tony, or attempt to.
During the NY meeting they specifically asked about Paulie Walnuts. His response was only upper management dies - which I'm guessing Paulie's not a part of.I'm also guessing Paulie Walnuts has a lot to do with the upcoming demise of Tony Sorprano.

Random thought: Why would Phil and his crew pick Bobby as the #3 instead of Paulie. They even mentioned he once was Junior's driver, how could he be #3.No mention of Paulie at all at that conversation. I believe Paulie has been playing both sides for a long time.Paulie will wack Tony, or attempt to.
NO WAY....

Random thought: Why would Phil and his crew pick Bobby as the #3 instead of Paulie. They even mentioned he once was Junior's driver, how could he be #3.No mention of Paulie at all at that conversation.
His name was brought up but it was rejected in favor of Bobby. Maybe that means something; maybe it doesn't. I'm betting on the latter.

They did mentuion Paulie and then Butchie said "No we want to go after managment", which means in their eyes he's pretty much just a soldier(i.e. low hanging fruit).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread