What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (2 Viewers)

ICWT10 said:
Otis said:
Wingnut said:
Why did Paulie drive up near the car the Italians were in, have a quick look, then speed off like he was going somewhere?? (when the kid took Patsi outside to the car and said 'I just picked them up from the airport). At first I thought he was just making sure the Italians were really there since he pawned the responsibility off on Patsi...making sure it was all in place...but Im not so sure
I noticed and questioned this too. Was just a weird scene and weird reaction. Could be a setup for something bigger.
Paulie is in cahoots with Phil.First of all, Paulie has tried this in the past playing both sides of the fence with Johnny Sac and Carmine but just from last night's episode:

1. They (the writers) went out of their way to twice bring up Paulie's name amongst the NY crew and wondering why Paulie's name wasn't listed. See, Phil knows Paulie is in cahoots, but Phil's guys don't. So first when Phil says "the top 3," they assume Paulie, Sil, and Tony. Phil has to jump in and say, "No Bobby Baccala." Then later, the NY guys are hanging out again this time without Phil and one says, "I wonder why we're not going after Goiteire. I mean come on, Bobby Baccala? Wasn't he Junior Soprano's driver just last year?" So like I said, they went out of their way twice to bring up the fact that Paulie isn't part of it even though everyone in the NY thinks he should be. Phil and Paulie have a deal that not even the NY guys know about at this point.

2. When Paulie was told that the hit was called out on Phil he got very defensive saying, "Does the Boss know about this?" Then when they told him to calm down he said something to the effect of how he survived through the all the cross-family bloodshed of the 70's and he's not looking to try his luck again. This shows how Paulie would be much happier cutting a deal and living then looking over his shoulder, engaging in war and dying.

3. He was supposed to be in charge of the Phil hit and Phil just happens to not show up at his goumare's on Friday night? Hmmmmm. I wonder if he was tipped off.

4. This one here is the kicker. Bobby and Sil were both shot dead less then 3 hours before Tony and Paulie go to Tony's house to collect food and supplies. Tony is a nervous wreck packing some canned food in garbage bags and scurrying around. What is Paulie doing? Paulie is looking out the window as calm as could be laughing and checking out AJ's girlfriend saying, "Look at the stems on blondie."

Paulie is a nervous wreck about everything! He is far too calm and collected when at that point, he would have every reason to believe that his life was in serious danger. He wouldn't know that Phil only put a hit out on Bobby, Sil and Tony. Just like all the NY guys, Paulie would of had to assume he would have a hit on him also. We've seen Paulie and how he acts when he's stressed. He wasn't stressed at all. He knows he is safe. How does he know? Because he is in cahoots with Phil.

That's how this plot will play out. Where they go with that and what not I have no idea; but Paulie looked out for himself and himself only and Bobby, Sil, and maybe Tony are going to pay for it. :banned:
I watched it again, and caught another thing that could support this theory. When Pauly shows up to the Bing, and talks with Sil about Phil being killed. He mentioned something about his mom dieing all alone, and nobody going to her funeral. I think he is still bitter about that, and it could be a way he is justifying being a rat.If this is true, Tony should have gone with his gut and whacked him on the boat.

Also, I noticed from the scenes from the next episode that they kind of show Pauly for a second. Something about his expression, and the way they showed him kind of stuck out.

In slow motion it also looked like AJ was witnessing something blowing up. And, someone giving Meadow bad news. Maybe the house gets blown up with Carm in it...

If Paulie was really on NY's side, he could have easily taken Tony out when they were getting guns from Tony's house at the end of the episode last night (and many other times). Why take a chance on Tony getting some revenge before Paulie actually makes his move to turn on him?

Was watching "The Weight" today. The episode where Ralphie and Tony call John, and Tony tells Ralph not to apologize... but he ends up apologizing anyway. Well, in that scene right before Tony comes over, there are three guys in the room. Ralph, Vito and Eugene Pontecorvo.... now all of them are dead.

That's going to become increasingly common now when we watch old episodes. My new hobby will be to find the scene with the most characters who are now deceased. :banned: Gotta figure it would have to be the scene from Larry Boy's daughter's wedding, when they all had to take off immediately because of the impending indictments.

At that wedding, you had Silvio, Chris, Ade, Sal, Vito, Ray Curto, Jimmy Altieri, Mikey Palmice, Gene, Gigi Cestone, Bobby AND Karen Baccalieri... maybe **** Barone and Chucky Signore too, I dunno. I have to check the DVD. I would imagine that scene would be impossible to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
gump said:
Ghost Rider said:
gump said:
- Does Phil seem as weak a boss to everyone else as he does me? He talks about pretty silly things (finger #####), he lets emotions affect his business negotiations, he yells at T out of the window...I just don't see him making it out of next week alive (or his crew). C'mon...Phil, an old fat dude with glasses, and Butch running NY/NJ?? Too weak.
To a made guy, a finger ##### is not a silly thing. It is like a rite of passage.
Bad example, but I still think Phil and his two henchman are weak...not exactly Michael, Tom, Al Neri, etc. For all of the talk of Chase making Tony's crew look bad, they still seem stronger than Phil's to me.
I am pretty sure that NY has a lot more manpower than Tony's crew does, especially after what has happened to Chris, Bobby, and Sil.
WAAAAAAAAAY more. Five families vs. a "glorified crew"...

If Paulie was really on NY's side, he could have easily taken Tony out when they were getting guns from Tony's house at the end of the episode last night (and many other times). Why take a chance on Tony getting some revenge before Paulie actually makes his move to turn on him?
Cuz if Paulie does it at Tony's house, just like that, when they're the only two people in the house with all the other dudes waiting outside, he's dead. All of jersey would shoot on sight at him and he'd never be able to show his face there again.He either has to do it when nobody else would ever know it was him, or set Tony up to be somewhere so someone else could do it and Paulie could look like he escaped. :banned:

gump said:
Ghost Rider said:
gump said:
- Does Phil seem as weak a boss to everyone else as he does me? He talks about pretty silly things (finger #####), he lets emotions affect his business negotiations, he yells at T out of the window...I just don't see him making it out of next week alive (or his crew). C'mon...Phil, an old fat dude with glasses, and Butch running NY/NJ?? Too weak.
To a made guy, a finger ##### is not a silly thing. It is like a rite of passage.
Bad example, but I still think Phil and his two henchman are weak...not exactly Michael, Tom, Al Neri, etc. For all of the talk of Chase making Tony's crew look bad, they still seem stronger than Phil's to me.
I am pretty sure that NY has a lot more manpower than Tony's crew does, especially after what has happened to Chris, Bobby, and Sil.
That's very true...but not the point I was trying to make. I'm just talking about the "head", as Phil put it. When have they ever really shown any strength, or than recently wiping out the rest of their weak competitors for the throne? Can you imagine Tony doing things like Phil...yelling out of a window? Ripping his current boss (John) in front of everyone?I know he is the main character...but Tony seems twice the man, leader, and boss that Phil is.

ICWT10 said:
Otis said:
Wingnut said:
Why did Paulie drive up near the car the Italians were in, have a quick look, then speed off like he was going somewhere?? (when the kid took Patsi outside to the car and said 'I just picked them up from the airport). At first I thought he was just making sure the Italians were really there since he pawned the responsibility off on Patsi...making sure it was all in place...but Im not so sure
I noticed and questioned this too. Was just a weird scene and weird reaction. Could be a setup for something bigger.
Paulie is in cahoots with Phil.First of all, Paulie has tried this in the past playing both sides of the fence with Johnny Sac and Carmine but just from last night's episode:

1. They (the writers) went out of their way to twice bring up Paulie's name amongst the NY crew and wondering why Paulie's name wasn't listed. See, Phil knows Paulie is in cahoots, but Phil's guys don't. So first when Phil says "the top 3," they assume Paulie, Sil, and Tony. Phil has to jump in and say, "No Bobby Baccala." Then later, the NY guys are hanging out again this time without Phil and one says, "I wonder why we're not going after Goiteire. I mean come on, Bobby Baccala? Wasn't he Junior Soprano's driver just last year?" So like I said, they went out of their way twice to bring up the fact that Paulie isn't part of it even though everyone in the NY thinks he should be. Phil and Paulie have a deal that not even the NY guys know about at this point.

2. When Paulie was told that the hit was called out on Phil he got very defensive saying, "Does the Boss know about this?" Then when they told him to calm down he said something to the effect of how he survived through the all the cross-family bloodshed of the 70's and he's not looking to try his luck again. This shows how Paulie would be much happier cutting a deal and living then looking over his shoulder, engaging in war and dying.

3. He was supposed to be in charge of the Phil hit and Phil just happens to not show up at his goumare's on Friday night? Hmmmmm. I wonder if he was tipped off.

4. This one here is the kicker. Bobby and Sil were both shot dead less then 3 hours before Tony and Paulie go to Tony's house to collect food and supplies. Tony is a nervous wreck packing some canned food in garbage bags and scurrying around. What is Paulie doing? Paulie is looking out the window as calm as could be laughing and checking out AJ's girlfriend saying, "Look at the stems on blondie."

Paulie is a nervous wreck about everything! He is far too calm and collected when at that point, he would have every reason to believe that his life was in serious danger. He wouldn't know that Phil only put a hit out on Bobby, Sil and Tony. Just like all the NY guys, Paulie would of had to assume he would have a hit on him also. We've seen Paulie and how he acts when he's stressed. He wasn't stressed at all. He knows he is safe. How does he know? Because he is in cahoots with Phil.

That's how this plot will play out. Where they go with that and what not I have no idea; but Paulie looked out for himself and himself only and Bobby, Sil, and maybe Tony are going to pay for it. :hot:
I watched it again, and caught another thing that could support this theory. When Pauly shows up to the Bing, and talks with Sil about Phil being killed. He mentioned something about his mom dieing all alone, and nobody going to her funeral. I think he is still bitter about that, and it could be a way he is justifying being a rat.If this is true, Tony should have gone with his gut and whacked him on the boat.

Also, I noticed from the scenes from the next episode that they kind of show Pauly for a second. Something about his expression, and the way they showed him kind of stuck out.

In slow motion it also looked like AJ was witnessing something blowing up. And, someone giving Meadow bad news. Maybe the house gets blown up with Carm in it...
This makes sense, because Tony had the chance to eliminate him on the boat - asking him (Paulie) several times if he was the one who contacted Johnny Sac. I can totally see how Chase planned that as a foreshadowing event and now maybe next week we'll be looking back at it in retrospect. If Tony did take care of him there, he (Tony) wouldn't be in the predicament he's in now (that being whatever predicament he'll be in come next week).

tangent alert - HBO sure is pimping John From Cincinnati. I have seen the previews, read the previews and still have no real idea what this show is all about? What's so special about this John guy? Perhaps this deserves it's own thread, but everyone in here is likely aware of this show.

The story: John Monad is a mysterious young man who travels to Imperial Beach, California to take lessons from a surfing legend, Mitch Yost. John seems to have a strange effect on the community around him. :unsure:

tangent alert - HBO sure is pimping John From Cincinnati. I have seen the previews, read the previews and still have no real idea what this show is all about? What's so special about this John guy? Perhaps this deserves it's own thread, but everyone in here is likely aware of this show.

The story: John Monad is a mysterious young man who travels to Imperial Beach, California to take lessons from a surfing legend, Mitch Yost. John seems to have a strange effect on the community around him. :unsure:
I think he's an alien

Clipped this from the blog article Capella posted earlier

-Remember that baffling "Seven Souls" montage from the beginning of last season? Looks like it's bad luck to be a part of it -- at least, if you're in the Family instead of the family. Bacala (who was, of course, playing with his trains during that montage) joined Vito, Eugene and Ray Curto in the strip club in the sky, leaving Janice, Meadow, A.J. and Carmela alive -- for now

Interesting to say the least.

Was watching "The Weight" today.
Holy crap. You ever think about getting out more often? Your obsession with this show is scary.
:pickle: I was watching it while I was out. I have this in my car. Jensen's flip-up DVD screen. Best $$$ I ever spent.
If you were trying to dispel my belief that your obsession with the Sopranos is scary, this didn't help.
I don't actually lose sleep wondering what your beliefs are.Have a ball, my man. :lmao:

Holy crap. You ever think about getting out more often? Your obsession with this show is scary.
:ptts: I was watching it while I was out. I have this in my car. Jensen's flip-up DVD screen. Best $$$ I ever spent.
If you were trying to dispel my belief that your obsession with the Sopranos is scary, this didn't help.
I don't actually lose sleep wondering what your beliefs are.
No ####. You need all the sleep you can get with important stuff like memorizing Sopranos lines on your schedule.

:goodposting: I was watching it while I was out. I have this in my car. Jensen's flip-up DVD screen. Best $$$ I ever spent.
No ####. You need all the sleep you can get with important stuff like memorizing Sopranos lines on your schedule.
Girls, girls. You're both pretty.

Here's one guys theory for an ending.....I read this on a Sopranos blog today....pretty good I thought.

I have been trying to figure out what the title of the finale might refer to..."Made in America" I think "made" is the key word, someone is moving up on the mob food chain. But what we do know is that there is/was one member of Tony's crew who was not made, at least in America...Furio.

Here's what could happen...

Paulie could end up to have been working with NY throughout this whole war. NY wants Tony taken out, but Paulie still can't bring himself to do it. But Paulie does know someone who will, and gives the Phil the info needed to contact Furio. Furio comes back for a meeting with Phil, and Phil gives Furio the order to take out Tony. Furio, motivated by the fact that the death of Tony could finally give him what he wants (Carmella) agrees. If you remember, Furio always hated how Tony treated her. Phil promises Furio that if he does this, Furio will be "made in America" and become NY's number 2 guy. But...something goes wrong.

A car bomb is placed in Tony's vehicle, but Carmella has borrowed Tony's car. She drives to pick up AJ, and as he is coming out, Furio is in a car across the street. Thinking Tony is in the car, he detonates the bomb, killing Carmella with AJ witnessing the entire thing. AJ breaks the news to Tony and also tells him he thinks he saw Furio in a car across the street, and that the same car left when the bomb went off. Tony, in a rage, heads off to find Phil, with AJ in tow. He walks into a room and finds Phil sitting there...with Furio. AJ charges Furio but is shot by Phil (payback for his goomar) Tony screams and grabs Phil and literally beats him to death. Furio then comes after Tony and as Tony has the upper hand Paulie storms in with the machine gun Bobby gave Tony, as he is about to whack Tony, Aj turns out to be still alive and has Phil's gun and shoots Paulie, killing him. In a perfect way to avenge his wife death, Tony beats Furio into submission, but then grabs the machine gun and empties the clip on Furio. Probably the most violent shooting in Soprano history, given the circumstances. Tony runs to AJ, and cradles him. Agent Harris and The Feds show up, and see that Tony and AJ are the last ones standing. Tony, after almost getting his son killed, and losing his wife, tells Agent Harris

"Okay, we'll do it your way" In return for the info on the Arabs, Agent Harris tells the higher ups Tony acted in self-defense, and has agreed to enter witness protection. Final shot is inside the ice cream parlor, where AJ and Tony are enjoying a sundae. Tony pays with his debit card, and the camera zooms in on the name...Kevin Finnerty.

Here's one guys theory for an ending.....I read this on a Sopranos blog today....pretty good I thought.I have been trying to figure out what the title of the finale might refer to..."Made in America" I think "made" is the key word, someone is moving up on the mob food chain. But what we do know is that there is/was one member of Tony's crew who was not made, at least in America...Furio.Here's what could happen...Paulie could end up to have been working with NY throughout this whole war. NY wants Tony taken out, but Paulie still can't bring himself to do it. But Paulie does know someone who will, and gives the Phil the info needed to contact Furio. Furio comes back for a meeting with Phil, and Phil gives Furio the order to take out Tony. Furio, motivated by the fact that the death of Tony could finally give him what he wants (Carmella) agrees. If you remember, Furio always hated how Tony treated her. Phil promises Furio that if he does this, Furio will be "made in America" and become NY's number 2 guy. But...something goes wrong. A car bomb is placed in Tony's vehicle, but Carmella has borrowed Tony's car. She drives to pick up AJ, and as he is coming out, Furio is in a car across the street. Thinking Tony is in the car, he detonates the bomb, killing Carmella with AJ witnessing the entire thing. AJ breaks the news to Tony and also tells him he thinks he saw Furio in a car across the street, and that the same car left when the bomb went off. Tony, in a rage, heads off to find Phil, with AJ in tow. He walks into a room and finds Phil sitting there...with Furio. AJ charges Furio but is shot by Phil (payback for his goomar) Tony screams and grabs Phil and literally beats him to death. Furio then comes after Tony and as Tony has the upper hand Paulie storms in with the machine gun Bobby gave Tony, as he is about to whack Tony, Aj turns out to be still alive and has Phil's gun and shoots Paulie, killing him. In a perfect way to avenge his wife death, Tony beats Furio into submission, but then grabs the machine gun and empties the clip on Furio. Probably the most violent shooting in Soprano history, given the circumstances. Tony runs to AJ, and cradles him. Agent Harris and The Feds show up, and see that Tony and AJ are the last ones standing. Tony, after almost getting his son killed, and losing his wife, tells Agent Harris"Okay, we'll do it your way" In return for the info on the Arabs, Agent Harris tells the higher ups Tony acted in self-defense, and has agreed to enter witness protection. Final shot is inside the ice cream parlor, where AJ and Tony are enjoying a sundae. Tony pays with his debit card, and the camera zooms in on the name...Kevin Finnerty.
No mention of Meadow? And Furio is just going to sit there while Tony beats Phil to death? No way does this happen, especially since the actor who played Furio and David Chase hate each other now, so I really doubt Chase would make his character a focal point of the last episode of the series.

Arabs/terrorism stuff all just nothing? Chase just includes the characters/storyline as to make a statement about how Americans worry too much about it post 9/11? Tony glances at AJ's laptop as he's walking out of his room, sees the terrorism page. Melfi's note that the son who cared about nothing now cares about too much. What did Tony really see that day he thought he saw the Arab guys outside with congregating with the group? Was it even those guys?

People...FURIO IS NOT COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!! Chase said it himself.

I think that those who have hinted on the fact that the NJ mob is just a glorified crew are onto something. There's not going to be a "shootout at the OK Corral" or Tony doing his best Scarface impersonation at the top of the stairs. The Soprano crew is being shown as the ham'n'egger crew it has always been and that it is just a small cog in the wheels of the criminal underworld. Philly was onto something about the Soprano Family being Omertalite. This entire series we've been given this image as Tony as a mover and shaker in the Mob......but really he isn't much.

My take? Tony dies a lonely man as the rest of his crew listen to their criminal instincts and jump the Soprano ship like rats. It makes the most sense and it's what just about any smart mobster would do. I think that he'll be betrayed by one of his own (maybe Pauly). Nothing will happen to his family and that will be that.

Here's one guys theory for an ending.....I read this on a Sopranos blog today....pretty good I thought.I have been trying to figure out what the title of the finale might refer to..."Made in America" I think "made" is the key word, someone is moving up on the mob food chain. But what we do know is that there is/was one member of Tony's crew who was not made, at least in America...Furio.Here's what could happen...Paulie could end up to have been working with NY throughout this whole war. NY wants Tony taken out, but Paulie still can't bring himself to do it. But Paulie does know someone who will, and gives the Phil the info needed to contact Furio. Furio comes back for a meeting with Phil, and Phil gives Furio the order to take out Tony. Furio, motivated by the fact that the death of Tony could finally give him what he wants (Carmella) agrees. If you remember, Furio always hated how Tony treated her. Phil promises Furio that if he does this, Furio will be "made in America" and become NY's number 2 guy. But...something goes wrong. A car bomb is placed in Tony's vehicle, but Carmella has borrowed Tony's car. She drives to pick up AJ, and as he is coming out, Furio is in a car across the street. Thinking Tony is in the car, he detonates the bomb, killing Carmella with AJ witnessing the entire thing. AJ breaks the news to Tony and also tells him he thinks he saw Furio in a car across the street, and that the same car left when the bomb went off. Tony, in a rage, heads off to find Phil, with AJ in tow. He walks into a room and finds Phil sitting there...with Furio. AJ charges Furio but is shot by Phil (payback for his goomar) Tony screams and grabs Phil and literally beats him to death. Furio then comes after Tony and as Tony has the upper hand Paulie storms in with the machine gun Bobby gave Tony, as he is about to whack Tony, Aj turns out to be still alive and has Phil's gun and shoots Paulie, killing him. In a perfect way to avenge his wife death, Tony beats Furio into submission, but then grabs the machine gun and empties the clip on Furio. Probably the most violent shooting in Soprano history, given the circumstances. Tony runs to AJ, and cradles him. Agent Harris and The Feds show up, and see that Tony and AJ are the last ones standing. Tony, after almost getting his son killed, and losing his wife, tells Agent Harris"Okay, we'll do it your way" In return for the info on the Arabs, Agent Harris tells the higher ups Tony acted in self-defense, and has agreed to enter witness protection. Final shot is inside the ice cream parlor, where AJ and Tony are enjoying a sundae. Tony pays with his debit card, and the camera zooms in on the name...Kevin Finnerty.
:lmao:

Don't people realize the titles never have to do anything with the actual storyline of the episode? "Made in America" could as simple as the saying on the back of something that Tony purchases in a store.

People...FURIO IS NOT COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!! Chase said it himself. I think that those who have hinted on the fact that the NJ mob is just a glorified crew are onto something. There's not going to be a "shootout at the OK Corral" or Tony doing his best Scarface impersonation at the top of the stairs.
Thank you.

Can someone fill me in on the ice cream parlor referrence? Where did this come from?
Apparently the last scene they shot was in an ice cream parlor. Doesn't mean the last scene of the actual show will be there, or that it will even be used. Just the last day of filming.

:hot: I was watching it while I was out. I have this in my car. Jensen's flip-up DVD screen. Best $$$ I ever spent.
Girls, girls. You're both pretty.
Christo and I are going to be pals one day. I can feel it.

This entire series we've been given this image as Tony as a mover and shaker in the Mob......but really he isn't much.
This is an interesting thought, b/c it is the opposite of what I think...maybe someone who watches more than me can expand on either side.To me, Tony is the "golden child" of the NY/NJ mob scene...he came in young, he TOOK the throne instead of having it handed to him, and he seems to have the upmost respect of the bosses we've seen.- Obviously, Jackie Sr loved him.- Who is the highest ranking person we've gotten to know? Carmine Sr, right?- Who did Carmine respect the most of John, Phil, or Tony? Tony, right?It seems to me that Phil and others are jealous of Tony's quick path to the top...and will look at anything, no matter how small, to justify their thought that he doesn't deserve his power...b/c he didn't "pay the price".IMO...Tony is very "much". He's more of a legit boss than anyone else in the show now. If it came down to what the other 4 families thought...why would they agree to get rid of someone with so much potential?

No mention of Meadow? And Furio is just going to sit there while Tony beats Phil to death? No way does this happen, especially since the actor who played Furio and David Chase hate each other now, so I really doubt Chase would make his character a focal point of the last episode of the series.
Meadow is staying with her bf. She probably won't play a big role, but they did show her in the previews. JMHO, but it appears she is sitting on a couch, and someone comes in and gives her bad news. Maybe news that a family member dies?

If (and it's a big IF) Paulie does turn on Tony in the final episode, there will be a lot of people eating humble pie after complaining about the episode with Paulie and Tony on the boat and how it was a waste because "they knew" Tony wasn't going to kill Paulie.

If (and it's a big IF) Paulie does turn on Tony in the final episode, there will be a lot of people eating humble pie after complaining about the episode with Paulie and Tony on the boat and how it was a waste because "they knew" Tony wasn't going to kill Paulie.
Pauly is one of the most like able guys on the show, so it would truely be shocking for him to betray all of his friends. If he happens to be playing both sides I would expect him to have a change of heart halfway through. He will probably admit to Tony what he has done, and then commit suicide.

BTW, is Pauly Walnuts name Italian? I didn't know Walnut was an italian name?
His last name is Gaultieri, or something like that.
Peter Paul Gualtieri (or Paulie Walnuts), played by Tony Sirico, is a fictional character on the HBO TV series The Sopranos. He is a DiMeo/Soprano crime family Capo. Paulie Walnuts' birth name is Peter Paul Gualtieri. He earned the nickname "Paulie Walnuts" when he hijacked a truck which he thought was loaded with high-end electronics only to discover that it was a truckload of walnuts.
:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, is Pauly Walnuts name Italian? I didn't know Walnut was an italian name?
His last name is Gaultieri, or something like that.
Peter Paul Gualtieri (or Paulie Walnuts), played by Tony Sirico, is a fictional character on the HBO TV series The Sopranos. He is a DiMeo/Soprano crime family Capo. Paulie Walnuts' birth name is Peter Paul Gualtieri. He earned the nickname "Paulie Walnuts" when he hijacked a truck which he thought was loaded with high-end electronics only to discover that it was a truckload of walnuts.
:goodposting:
:goodposting:That makes sense. I thought remembered him being refered to as "Pauly Gaultieri."

Daywalker said:
Daywalker said:
Anyone think the last episode will have some sort of terrorism connection? That keep going back to that well either with the FBI or just "random" instances like when Tony eyed the labtop to see the terrorism headline.
Anyone? They kind of are beating us over the head with this.
I dont think so, IMO Chase put this out there simply for the fact that Tony has something to give to the feds

People...FURIO IS NOT COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!! Chase said it himself.
:goodposting: I so wish Tony had killed Furio way back when so that we'd never have to read or listen to all of this. I don't get it either. Sure, he was a badass for awhile, but then Chase turned him into a ##### with that damn Carmela storyline. Good riddance.

Just to reiterate what I said more clearly in today's print edition of Rewind than I did in the blog version I posted early Monday morning, I've been told by one of the writers that the safehouse is not Junior's, nor Livia's, nor the Kinderhook farm where Tony B. died (which bears no resemblance to the safehouse that I could see), nor any other house we've seen before. It's just a dilapidated house that the Family keeps for occasions such as this, and also for storage of odd knick-knacks like the Silvio cut-out -- the writers wanted Silvio to have some kind of presence in the scene even though he was in a coma, and they decided the Bing once made those cut-outs as a promotional item. (This of course raises the question, all due respect to Mr. Dante, of who on earth would want to go to a strip club after seeing that picture.)

The story: John Monad is a mysterious young man who travels to Imperial Beach, California to take lessons from a surfing legend, Mitch Yost. John seems to have a strange effect on the community around him. :shrug:
I think he's an alien
I really hope it's not some "death takes a holiday" thing.

Pauly is one of the most like able guys on the show, so it would truely be shocking for him to betray all of his friends. If he happens to be playing both sides I would expect him to have a change of heart halfway through. He will probably admit to Tony what he has done, and then commit suicide.
FWIW, I remember hearing that Tony Sirico's lone demand of the character Paulie Walnuts was that he would not be/become a rat. Whether this means rat only to the Feds or rat out his Family I do not know.

This entire series we've been given this image as Tony as a mover and shaker in the Mob......but really he isn't much.
This is an interesting thought, b/c it is the opposite of what I think...maybe someone who watches more than me can expand on either side.To me, Tony is the "golden child" of the NY/NJ mob scene...he came in young, he TOOK the throne instead of having it handed to him, and he seems to have the upmost respect of the bosses we've seen.- Obviously, Jackie Sr loved him.- Who is the highest ranking person we've gotten to know? Carmine Sr, right?- Who did Carmine respect the most of John, Phil, or Tony? Tony, right?It seems to me that Phil and others are jealous of Tony's quick path to the top...and will look at anything, no matter how small, to justify their thought that he doesn't deserve his power...b/c he didn't "pay the price".IMO...Tony is very "much". He's more of a legit boss than anyone else in the show now. If it came down to what the other 4 families thought...why would they agree to get rid of someone with so much potential?
Because he doesn't follow the code of Omerta that has been set forth. Think about it what he has done that has gone against the code:-slapped Ralphie over a whore.-killed Ralphie over a horse.-didn't turn over Tony Blundetto.-wouldn't turn over Vito the Fanooch.-He didn't press the Fat Ginny Sach joke.-Although he didn't do it, he was ready to bang Adrianna. (thus fooling with another man's woman).- Although approved of by Carmine, I'm sure that going to a shrink doesn't sit well with some of the other old "Moustache Petes".I like the character of Tony and think he will go down in television history right up there with Archie Bunker....but he's a horrible person; almost animalistic at times with his appetites and he's psychopathic in the way he flies off the handle towards people. The genius of Chase is that he has crafted this situation with the New York guys hunting him down where you actually feel bad for him.

David Chase is getting a whole lot of respect, admiration and seemingly endless accolades for creating the brilliance that is The Sopranos, but is it all due to Chase's efforts? Is he the main writer of each episode? Are there others that we should be paying equal if not greater respect to, other than the great David Chase? Surely he's not the sole contributor to the greatness we see each episode. Or is he? :unsure:

ICWT10 said:
Paulie is in cahoots with Phil.

First of all, Paulie has tried this in the past playing both sides of the fence with Johnny Sac and Carmine but just from last night's episode:
As others have said, I'm not sure how relevant this is anymore - Paulie's ties with NY were with Johnny Sac and Johnny Sac and what he did or thought or knew has pretty much nothing to do with Phil.
ICWT10 said:
I believe this happened within the confines of ONE conversation - not two seperate occassions. And the fact is, they are correct in concluding that Paulie is not management. So I don't see how this is a red flag about them specifically going out of their way to not clip Paulie.
ICWT10 said:
I think this was just him being cautious. I agree he has a hesitence to get into another family war, but that is not evidence that he chose to betray Tony, Silvio, and everyone else. That's a pretty steep price to pay just because he'd rather not get into another war.
ICWT10 said:
I don't think he was tipped off. I think Phil is just smart. Sil said that nobody knew where Phil was and hasn't known "for four or five days." Now the timing of the show is a little ambiguous, but I'm pretty sure that it can be strongly inferred that Phil skipped town after he gave the order to get things in motion. Which, when you think about it, makes a lot of sense. Phil doesn't need an informant to tell him that his life might be in danger after what he said/did to Tony in the previous week's episode.
ICWT10 said:
I think you're seeing what you want to see here - you could read into this many different ways, or not read into it at all beyond it just being a funny moment showing how Paulie is kinda quirky. Characterizing Tony as being a "nervous wreck" and "scurrying around" also suggests that you're interpreting things that are not there - Tony was simply packing supplies, not being a nervous wreck.
ICWT10 said:
I pretty much disagree with everything here. Can you cite some examples as to when Paulie acts like a "nervous wreck"? I happen to think that he usually has balls of steel.

Users who are viewing this thread