Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I feel that there are only two scenarios that this thing can end on that won't seem contrived or fake....

Tony getting whacked or him making peace with New York and the story not coming to a conlusion. That's it. To think that he's going to win a war against New York or step down is absurd...particularly the stepping down (if Eugene wasn't allowed how could a Boss do it?). Going to the Feds for safety in exchange for terrorist info is plausible but it's kind of cheap and resembles a "deus machinia" plot device that most fans don't like.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony Soprano : [over the phone]  It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed! Paulie 'Walnuts' Gual

Seeing this thread bumped reminded me, I picked up the Sopranos in the middle of season 2. I'd just moved to LA and friends I hung out with used to have viewing parties so that was my introduction. It

Could have used more Furio before they wrote him out. His first scene in America collecting at the brothel was insane. up in the club cracks me up every time.

I feel that there are only two scenarios that this thing can end on that won't seem contrived or fake....Tony getting whacked or him making peace with New York and the story not coming to a conlusion. That's it. To think that he's going to win a war against New York or step down is absurd...particularly the stepping down (if Eugene wasn't allowed how could a Boss do it?). Going to the Feds for safety in exchange for terrorist info is plausible but it's kind of cheap and resembles a "deus machinia" plot device that most fans don't like.

Phil and the gang could get arrested again, ala Johnnie Sack at the end of season 5 which would leave Tony to run Jersey while NY scrambles. They do have an informant in the NY family who reported a couple of guys were going to get clipped. :kicksrock:

particularly the stepping down (if Eugene wasn't allowed how could a Boss do it?).

Tony could absolutely step down and its because he is a boss. He would never be legitimate and would probably become an advisor, but he can definitely step down from day to day operations. I wouldnt be shocked if we saw that tonight.

In every season, at least two major characters have been killed off.

Season 1: Brendan Filone, Mikey Palmice

Hardly major characters, although both of their on-screen deaths were pretty good.
Jimmy Altieri could have been considered a major character (he was a captain in Tony's crew), despite never really getting a ton of screen time, and he was also killed in Season 1. Edited by Ghost Rider

I feel that there are only two scenarios that this thing can end on that won't seem contrived or fake....Tony getting whacked or him making peace with New York and the story not coming to a conlusion. That's it. To think that he's going to win a war against New York or step down is absurd...particularly the stepping down (if Eugene wasn't allowed how could a Boss do it?). Going to the Feds for safety in exchange for terrorist info is plausible but it's kind of cheap and resembles a "deus machinia" plot device that most fans don't like.

Phil and the gang could get arrested again, ala Johnnie Sack at the end of season 5 which would leave Tony to run Jersey while NY scrambles. They do have an informant in the NY family who reported a couple of guys were going to get clipped. :confused:
That's a good point. The NY informant isn't singing just to let Harris alert Tony.

anyone read a spoiler about Tony turning to the FBI and being a witness to save his ###

I've got one...Maybe Tony is actually an FBI agent who had plastic surgery to look like someone else, infultrated the mob scene years ago, rose to boss, and now has 40 years of info to turn over to the feds that will bring down the mob forever!
That's way out thereWhat are you smoking Aces? Edited by Jules Winnfield

:excited::eek: Made sure the wine for tonight was Italian.And yes...we got pizza

We went to the store and bought dinner for tonight and tomorrow...steak and spaghetti. Although I decided that I'll will grill the steak tonight and have the pasta tomorrow. Whatayagonnado?

going on record and saying Tony lives. I do no think they can resist a movie down the road and you cannot have a Sopranos movie without Tony

That's why I think Tony dies.Chase is done and this will prove it.

going on record and saying Tony lives. I do no think they can resist a movie down the road and you cannot have a Sopranos movie without Tony

I think he lives as well, but I'd be surprised if there is ever a movie.

For a really out there ending, what if Carmela turns on Tony? Now she is worried for her kids lives and could look to the feds for protection. Especially in light of the way Tony treayed AJ in the last episode. If Carmela found out about that she would be furious and maybe see him as part of the problem rather than the solution. I put the chance of this ending at .000001%, but it would be interesting.

For a really out there ending, what if Carmela turns on Tony? Now she is worried for her kids lives and could look to the feds for protection. Especially in light of the way Tony treayed AJ in the last episode. If Carmela found out about that she would be furious and maybe see him as part of the problem rather than the solution. I put the chance of this ending at .000001%, but it would be interesting.

I thought a story line this year would have been Carmela finding out Tony had Adriana killed and she would become a witness for the FBI

Stepping down doesn't mean he would leave the mafia. He could just let someone else take over as boss and become the new Sil. Yes it seems farfetched but making peace with NY doesn't make sense since they just killed his top 2 guys, one of which was his sister's husband. Phil also would never make peace with Tony. So Phil is likely going to die in this episode. I think Tony survives to the end, but it will be interesting to see if anything happens to his family.

How about it turns out Tony is really a clone and the real Tony is frozen in a block of carbonite. This was all part of a plot by gay Bigfoots to take over organized crime on the East Coast. Meadow marries Paulie, AJ morphs into a siamese kitten, and Uncle Junior gives birth to an entire slot-car set. That would be interesting too.
.00000099%

particularly the stepping down (if Eugene wasn't allowed how could a Boss do it?).

Tony could absolutely step down and its because he is a boss. He would never be legitimate and would probably become an advisor, but he can definitely step down from day to day operations. I wouldnt be shocked if we saw that tonight.
Who takes over though? Paulie? Paulie threw himself at New York and was rejected by Carmine and Sac, Sil is all but dead (and has shown in the past he can't handle it) Christopha....dead, Bobby......dead. New Jersey is in shambles and Tony is the only thing left. He is the NJ family.

Phil and the gang could get arrested again, ala Johnnie Sack at the end of season 5 which would leave Tony to run Jersey while NY scrambles. They do have an informant in the NY family who reported a couple of guys were going to get clipped. :shrug:
Then that more or less negates everything that has happened in the past few seasons and IMO would come off as a cheap ending. For the past two seasons..it's been heading towards Phil vs. Tony and they really need to deliver that.

A few of my thoughts, idea

1. Tony reaches out to Uncle Jr for advise.

2. AJ grows a pair, maybe gets some of his college buddies together to help out Tony...This is how the family will regain its strength.

3. The ending will be a cliff hanger, maybe Phil and Tony holding guns to each other and the screen goes blank.

The worst ending ever is that Tony is really not in the mafia and is that business guy who is in a coma and all of this was a dream.

A few of my thoughts, idea1. Tony reaches out to Uncle Jr for advise.2. AJ grows a pair, maybe gets some of his college buddies together to help out Tony...This is how the family will regain its strength.3. The ending will be a cliff hanger, maybe Phil and Tony holding guns to each other and the screen goes blank.

All three are incredibly unlikely, especially #1.

A few of my thoughts, idea1. Tony reaches out to Uncle Jr for advise.2. AJ grows a pair, maybe gets some of his college buddies together to help out Tony...This is how the family will regain its strength.3. The ending will be a cliff hanger, maybe Phil and Tony holding guns to each other and the screen goes blank.

All three are incredibly unlikely, especially #1.
I'm thinking number two...although I did see a storyline like that in the WWE once when Shane O' Mac reached out to the Greenwich Posse to help his father Mr. Vince McMahon with troublesome wrestlers.

If you watch the video clip on this page, Peter Bogdonovich (Elliot) reveals that he and Lorraine Bracco (Melfi) have filmed their last scene. This was prior to the finale. Unless I'm missing something, this makes it unlikely we'll see Melfi again.

Makes sense. Melfi literally closed the door on her relationship with Tony in the last episode. Both symbolically and literally that was a good way to bring it to a close.

If you watch the video clip on this page, Peter Bogdonovich (Elliot) reveals that he and Lorraine Bracco (Melfi) have filmed their last scene. This was prior to the finale. Unless I'm missing something, this makes it unlikely we'll see Melfi again.

Makes sense. Melfi literally closed the door on her relationship with Tony in the last episode. Both symbolically and literally that was a good way to bring it to a close.
Right, but this should put to bed the ridiculous "Melfi will shoot Tony" speculation.

Right, but this should put to bed the ridiculous "Melfi will shoot Tony" speculation.
I haven't checked the thread in the last few days for fear of reading a spoiler. Kinda glad I made that decision if that's what people were thinking. :popcorn:

Also had italian for dinner tonight in honor of episode "last". :popcorn: Will put the kid to sleep in 20 mins then it's peace and quiet til showtime.

Gonna miss this show. Farewell Sopranos :bye:

Oh by the way, my wife is 9 months pregnant with our 2nd child and is ready to burst. $50 says her water breaks at 8:57pm. :lmao:

'Wheelhouse' date='Jun 10 2007, 07:34 PM' post='6863054']Also had italian for dinner tonight in honor of episode "last". :popcorn: Will put the kid to sleep in 20 mins then it's peace and quiet til showtime. Gonna miss this show. Farewell Sopranos :bye:Oh by the way, my wife is 9 months pregnant with our 2nd child and is ready to burst. $50 says her water breaks at 8:57pm. :lmao:

Whomever kills Tony... that's what you have to name your kid!If Tony lives, you name the kid FURIO. Edited by RAIDERNATION
name='Wheelhouse' date='Jun 10 2007, 07:34 PM' post='6863054']Also had italian for dinner tonight in honor of episode "last". :popcorn: Will put the kid to sleep in 20 mins then it's peace and quiet til showtime.

Oh by the way, my wife is 9 months pregnant with our 2nd child and is ready to burst. $50 says her water breaks at 8:57pm. :lmao:

Whomever kills Tony... that's what you have to name your kid!

If Tony lives, you name the kid FURIO.

Baby is a girl... Girl names in remembrance of the show?

name='Wheelhouse' date='Jun 10 2007, 07:34 PM' post='6863054']Also had italian for dinner tonight in honor of episode "last". :popcorn: Will put the kid to sleep in 20 mins then it's peace and quiet til showtime.

How bout Janice? ;)

How bout Janice? ;)

Or Tracie, since she'll be a stripper anyway.

;)

Livia

:lmao:

I have to wait until midnight or so.

And based on the restaurant....this will be a top 10 watched finale....a first for cable. :banned:

Top 10

10. All in the family 40.2 million

9. Cosby show 44.4 million

8. The Tonight Show w/ J. Carson 50 million

7. Magnum PI 50.7 million

6. Survivor I 51.7 million

5. Friends 52.5 mil

4. Seinfeld 76.3 mil

3. Cheers 80.4 mil

2. Roots 36.38 million homes (85% that night)

1. MASH 50.51 million homes

I made some pasta and chicken parmigiana for the medigan wife and in laws, then we're all drinking some dego red and celebrating the end of a great run. The ending of this show is going to be sad any way you cut it.

BTW - The deli owner by me that had them filming a scene at his house. It was the house where the wrong hit on Phil took place.

He swears he knows the ending of the show tonight, but I doubt him.

BTW - The deli owner by me that had them filming a scene at his house. It was the house where the wrong hit on Phil took place.

Yeah.... I'm sure a deli owner knows what will happen. Even the CAST doesn't know. Chase filmed three different endings. The only people who know for sure are Chase, a producer and an editor.

Yeah.... I'm sure a deli owner knows what will happen. Even the CAST doesn't know. Chase filmed three different endings. The only people who know for sure are Chase, a producer and an editor.
exactly what I was thinking. Unless they filmed another scene at his house?

and if you listened to the Paulie interview I posted...he knows.

Anyone else watching tonight's episode alone?

I could have gone to two different places to watch it, but I wanted to be able to watch it with absolute quiet, and without anyone talking over what could be an important part, so I opted to stay home and watch it alone.

RIP Tony :ph34r:

It seems logical for the show's "end" to be the end of Tony. That said, that's far too predictable.
If you take Chase at his word that he has no intention of making a Sopranos movie......Tony's death would seem to be the inevitable conclusion. :(

Anyone else watching tonight's episode alone? I could have gone to two different places to watch it, but I wanted to be able to watch it with absolute quiet, and without anyone talking over what could be an important part, so I opted to stay home and watch it alone.

:ph34r: Mrs. Code is down in Florida visiting her sister, so I'm watching alone...