What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (3 Viewers)

There was an article posted last week about how the second-to-last episode each season was always far superior to the final one and the final one was often a letdown. I'd say that held true again for this season.

Unfortunately, that shouldn't have happened given how this season's ending was just a bit different than the previous five.

Wow, did he die or didnt he...

It will be discussed forever..

and what was up/ meadows parking?

and the journey song? Dont stop beleiving?

Pasted below...

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world

She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit

He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smokey room

A smell of wine and cheap perfume

For a smile they can share the night

It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard

Their shadows searching in the night

Streetlights people, living just to find emotion

Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,

everybody wants a thrill

Payin' anything to roll the dice,

just one more time

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh, the movie never ends

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to the feelin'

Streetlight people

Why not this:Same ending until the guy goes to the bathroom. We see him reach into his pocket in the can and take out a gun. Tony is suspicious and watches the door. He puts his hand in his pocket on his own gun. He alternates watching the bathroom door and the front door. He sees the black guys come through. Looks back to the bathroom. Finally, Meadow barges through. Tony looks at the door, then back at the bathroom. Now cut to black.
Or how about the guy goes into the bathroom and when he comes out he's changed into ...Al Pacino.

Hated it.

Thought the feud with NY wrapped up a little too easy.

WAY too much AJ in this episode. Cant stomach the kid.

For a final episode, I was very dissapointed.

Only good thing about the pathetic "ending" is that it is not the end. I can't wait to get line up at the box-office and get owned again.

I've said all along that if Chase really wanted to end the show, Tony would die.

Now it's very clear that The Sopranos isn't over.

Yo, people, Cheers had a really good last episode. As for tonight, I will have to rewatch it again, but the whole thing was pretty underwhelming, and the ending, which I sort of get, just wasn't satisfying.
Same here. definitely need to re-watch as always, but it's not that I didn't get it. It just doesn't strike me a subtle ending - it strikes me as a lame and cheesy one. :shrug:

Perfect ending. Chase ended it exactly they way he drived the entire series, without selling out and without predictability.

I loved the finale.
sorta what i expected from the finale.all the people expecting a bloody shootout must not have been paying attention for the past few years. :shrug:
I wasn't expecting bloodshed, just a solid finish to one of TV's great series.
just curious what you were hoping for from it? what ending woulda satisfied you? and for that matter anyone else?serious question
What ending would have been satisfying? Any ending.
:shrug: that was an ending. :coffee:
No, it wasn't. That was Chase holding up a mirror and saying "#### you, America". Not only does he piss off the simpletons, he pisses off the people who actually enjoyed the show. Or are we the one in same same? Wait? Wow! What a great ending! Damn you David Chase! You sneaky, cheeky *******!

everybody wants a thrill

just one more time

Oh, the movie never ends

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to the feelin'

Streetlight people

everybody wants a thrill

just one more time

Oh, the movie never ends

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to the feelin'

Streetlight people
:shrug:

I've said all along that if Chase really wanted to end the show, Tony would die.Now it's very clear that The Sopranos isn't over.
I've said all along it would be too predictable if he were dead or in jail. I don't think that was ever going to happen regardless of whether it was "over".

If the people who watch lets Twin Peaks or Lost or one of those dramas where if you don't open your mind for a minute you are lost watch this; they would call this the greatest ending ever. Because it made you think and contemplate and wonder.

Unfortunately I believe most Soprano fans want to see blood and violence and racism and naked chicks and the general Goodfellas like mob mentality.

Ive been trying to tell people that this balloon's been all hot air and hype for years now - a shame it took the end for so many to recognize it.

Yall been played.

Bring back Greg the Bunny. Now THAT was a good show.

:moneybag:

Perfect ending. Chase ended it exactly they way he drived the entire series, without selling out and without predictability.

I loved the finale.
sorta what i expected from the finale.all the people expecting a bloody shootout must not have been paying attention for the past few years. :shrug:
just curious what you were hoping for from it? what ending woulda satisfied you? and for that matter anyone else?serious question
:moneybag: that was an ending. :shrug:
No, it wasn't. That was Chase holding up a mirror and saying "#### you, America". Not only does he piss off the simpletons, he pisses off the people who actually enjoyed the show. Or are we the one in same same? Wait? Wow! What a great ending! Damn you David Chase! You sneaky, cheeky *******!
don't understand why the guy would basically bury his career that way. :shrug:

I'm not a Saprano watcher -- this was the first episode I've watched in years.

Having said that, I was surprised at how choppy the episode was. It kept bouncing around trying to wrap up a bunch of stuff and not really getting into anything.

Ive been trying to tell people that this balloon's been all hot air and hype for years now - a shame it took the end for so many to recognize it.Yall been played. Bring back Greg the Bunny. Now THAT was a good show. :moneybag:
You know it really sucked when someone says "bring back Greg The Bunny".

If the people who watch lets Twin Peaks or Lost or one of those dramas where if you don't open your mind for a minute you are lost watch this; they would call this the greatest ending ever. Because it made you think and contemplate and wonder. Unfortunately I believe most Soprano fans want to see blood and violence and racism and naked chicks and the general Goodfellas like mob mentality.
I hated everything about the "Twin Peaks" ending with the exception of the final scene. Cooper being possessed by Bob and smashing his head into the mirror and growling "How's Annie? How's Annie?" was pretty damn creepy. Everything that led up to it, though, in the Black Lodge was pointless and stupid.

Raidernation being very quiet. Is he watching it again, or crying in his milk.

That finale was ###.

I loved the finale.
Bury his career? The guy is 61, and is getting over 2 million dollars per episode from A&E for them to be shown in syndication. If he never works another day in his life, I think he will do okay.

I loved the finale.
Impossible for him to bury his career unless he said "#### you, Jesus" on FoxNews.

If the people who watch lets Twin Peaks or Lost or one of those dramas where if you don't open your mind for a minute you are lost watch this; they would call this the greatest ending ever. Because it made you think and contemplate and wonder. Unfortunately I believe most Soprano fans want to see blood and violence and racism and naked chicks and the general Goodfellas like mob mentality.
that's just stupid. People wanted a resolution. Even if Tony flipped to the Feds, at least it would be something.

it's good to have an uncle as a higher up at hbo.i won't ruin the end for anyone but let me just tell you, you will be floored at how it ends. i NEVER thought that the producers would have that go down on the show (the way it ends--very un-sopranos and instead 24 like). i was also happy that the big bang happened only halfway through the finale and they still had about 20 minutes of followup following the plot ending.let me say i think this season has been up and down but i can guarantee nobody who has been a fan of the sopranos will be let down...at all.it's a very "holy sh%t" ending.
Looks like he wasn't lying. "24 like = silent clock"Part about being let down is open for discussion though

everybody wants a thrill

just one more time

Oh, the movie never ends

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to the feelin'

Streetlight people
:shrug:
:moneybag:

Perfect ending. Chase ended it exactly they way he drived the entire seies, without selling out and without predictability.

I loved the finale.
Bury his career? The guy is 61, and is getting over 2 million dollars per episode from A&E for them to be shown in syndication. If he never works another day in his life, I think he will do okay.
:shrug: sure, he has more money than god by now... but what the hell does that have to do with his integrity and reputation?

sheesh people.. David Chase didn't make this show to be predictable and crowd-pleasing. watch network TV if that's what you're after. everything gets wrapped up exactly as you expect every episode in about 60 minutes. :shrug:

Ive been trying to tell people that this balloon's been all hot air and hype for years now - a shame it took the end for so many to recognize it.Yall been played. Bring back Greg the Bunny. Now THAT was a good show. :moneybag:
but played brilliantly. That ending was nothing short of genius. Seriously.

Perfect ending. Chase ended it exactly they way he drived the entire seies, without selling out and without predictability.

I loved the finale.
:confused: that was an ending. :shrug:
:confused: sure, he has more money than god by now... but what the hell does that have to do with his integrity and reputation?

sheesh people.. David Chase didn't make this show to be predictable and crowd-pleasing. watch network TV if that's what you're after. everything gets wrapped up exactly as you expect every episode in about 60 minutes. :thumbup:
can it at least get wrapped up in a series finale?

I'm not a Saprano watcher -- this was the first episode I've watched in years.

Having said that, I was surprised at how choppy the episode was. It kept bouncing around trying to wrap up a bunch of stuff and not really getting into anything.
From where you're coming from, you wouldnt' get it. Every moment of that shot had everybody thinking something was abou/ to happen. Ultimately the show has always been a confrontation between those that thought that "nothing every really hapens in the Soranos" and those that argued that it was really most about family relationships. ...oh and those that thoght it was a Mob show.

Last edited by a moderator:
im sorry, but that is BS. Im not that upset, because i wasnt a massive fan. I was a little too young to get into it at the start, and have watched it off and on. That was a cop out, plain and simple. Im sure some will come in here and say "The ending is open to interpretation, bla, bla, bla" but thats plain garbage. The guy gave us nothing. To me, that just screams "I couldnt figure out a way to end this" I wasnt expecting some massive shootout or anything, but that sucked.

:confused:

sure, he has more money than god by now... but what the hell does that have to do with his integrity and reputation?

sheesh people.. David Chase didn't make this show to be predictable and crowd-pleasing. watch network TV if that's what you're after. everything gets wrapped up exactly as you expect every episode in about 60 minutes. :confused:
can it at least get wrapped up in a series finale?
have yah been watching the series these last few years?? i went in to it expecting no resolution or grand finale. since that's pretty much how it has always been written.

Users who are viewing this thread