Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tony Soprano : [over the phone]  It's a bad connection, so I'm gonna talk fast! The guy you're looking for is an ex-commando! He killed sixteen Chechen rebels single-handed! Paulie 'Walnuts' Gual

Sopranos movie prequel in the works according to David Chase

Could have used more Furio before they wrote him out. His first scene in America collecting at the brothel was insane. up in the club cracks me up every time.

Has anyone tried the tequila that Imperioli shills for?I see the commercials on ESPN and MLB Network all the time, yet I do not know anyone who has tried the brand.

Ya. I liked it. When we were getting a bottle at the liquor store I said to my girlfriend, "If it's good enough for Chrissy Moltisanti, it's good enough for us".
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought this was the best show ever when it was on. But I think I let my general love of mob-themed stories cloud my judgement a bit. Granted, we tend to forget how great a product was as time passes. (Can't believe the show ended over five years ago!) That said, The Wire is a better show, and Breaking Bad is a better show.

I'm not entirely sure how many other dramas have been better, but The Sopranos is comfortably in the top 6-8.

I thought this was the best show ever when it was on. But I think I let my general love of mob-themed stories cloud my judgement a bit. Granted, we tend to forget how great a product was as time passes. (Can't believe the show ended over five years ago!) That said, The Wire is a better show, and Breaking Bad is a better show.

I'm not entirely sure how many other dramas have been better, but The Sopranos is comfortably in the top 6-8.

I liked Sopranos better than the Wire, but like Mad Men better than both.

Sopranos had too many lulls. Season 4 and 6A in particular.

I liked Sopranos better than the Wire, but like Mad Men better than both.

Sopranos had too many lulls. Season 4 and 6A in particular.

Mad Men is a great show, obviously. I just can't (personally) put it ahead of The Sopranos right now. The content alone is more enjoyable in The Sopranos. Mad Men is filled with so much darkness and anguish. So is Breaking Bad, BTW, but that show just seems like more of a fun ride.

Deadwood and NYPD Blue are the only ones for me.

I would say that if I could only watch 1 episode of any show, there's a good chance that it would be from The Sopranos. I'd have a hard time selecting 1 from BB or The Wire, as they are tied into such a long arc. Mad Men, maybe. The Sopranos was so good at having individual episodes that were great stories in and or themselves, but also fit into a bigger picture. Tony is also the most compelling character ever in a drama, I think. (Though Walt and Don are getting up there. Maybe more Walt, as he is much worse of a person than Don. But I don't know that there is a more horrible protagonist that viewers actually root for than Tony.) The Sopranos also has to be given a little additional credit for the time when it was done, I think.

I don't know that any of those things necessarily make The Sopranos better, but I would hesitate to put anything above it right now. I do agree that there were certainly lulls in The Sopranos.

• 4 weeks later...

Check this out ... 12 deleted scenes

I'm assuming this came with the box set of all 6 seasons? I bought each season individually and there are no deleted scenes.

Pretty cool if you haven't seen these yet.

1 - bad and glad they axed it

2 - typical Tony/Melfi interaction scene

3 - more Paulie is never bad. They should've kept this and cut 2 minutes of Janice somewhere

4 - yeah good cut

5 - I'm the only person I know who liked the Vito storyline. This was a good scene but it didn't fit the narrative so good cut

6 - good scene. A window into the transformation of Vito jr from innocent child to shower turding freako

7 - it expands on the Janice story arc so good riddance

8 - looks like a screen test from before the show was greenlighted

9 - liked it but something was off

10 - good scene

11 - hate Janice but love Livia so its a wash

12- good scene

Edited by Teumessian Fox

1343542971' post='14584449']

1343542825' post='14584447']You're link didn't work

Weird. Anyone else have this problem? I even logged out of my YouTube account and the link still worked.
Seems to be an iPad problem. It works on my laptop.
Works fine on my iPad. You just need to hit the down arrow icon when you get to the User's YouTube page and then hit "show more". They are down a ways in the guys library.
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite Tony/Richie exchange:

Tony: What do you want to talk about?

Richie: ####### Dick Barone!

Tony: Well, as long as the two of you are happy..

Richie: I'm in no ####### mood!

:lmao:

:thumbup:

"I'm walking TRU the food court, and this f--kin kid spilled fried rice all over me!!!"

"If there's ever anything you can do for me, let me know."

:lmao: Love that. And whats the line right before that about "slip n fall school" or something like that?
Ummmm... I can't really type the whole line here. :unsure:
Ha ok I think I know what you mean.

I also love when talking about Ricky coming to the wedding."You kiddin....he wouldnt turn down the chance to sashay across the dance floor....friggin disgraciad"

Foxtrot and tango, but yeah.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuGf7EGOxA&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s :lmao:

:lmao: Love that. And whats the line right before that about "slip n fall school" or something like that?
The slang for the word he used rhymes with the last name of one of the Redskins tight ends.

The slang for the word he used rhymes with the last name of one of the Redskins tight ends.
Yup I remember now.

Eggplant parm for dinner tonight.

I also love when talking about Ricky coming to the wedding."You kiddin....he wouldnt turn down the chance to sashay across the dance floor....friggin disgraciad"

Foxtrot and tango, but yeah.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwuGf7EGOxA&feature=player_detailpage#t=45s :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: So greatI butchered that

"Oh, Ritchie, you're here. I was wondering why the squirrels went silent."

How about when Richie shows up with flowers and Tony says "Didn't I see those at the wake the other day?"I still haven't gotten over them killing him off.

"Oh, Ritchie, you're here. I was wondering why the squirrels went silent."

How about when Richie shows up with flowers and Tony says "Didn't I see those at the wake the other day?"I still haven't gotten over them killing him off.
Ritchie should have lasted two more seasons.
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...