What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****MLBTV THREAD***** (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
MLB TV at mlb.com offers a number of levels this year. I signed up for the Premium package and cancelled DirecTV Extra Innings. I did this because they claimed a 700KB broadcast of the games and a new Mosaic feature to watch six games at one. THey also offer a Player Tracker where I cna enter 30 players and they automatically display whenever they are at bat.

Sounded great, but its not working worth a #### so far. The streaming video is poor quality and sound is really bad. I hope they get it together soon, as this was a great concept, but so far I am really regretting the purchase.

Anyone else dealing with this this morning, trying to get it all configured and working correctly in time for the games?

Signed up for the Premium Package only b/c Comcast kicked in $90 since I subscribed to Extra Innings last season. I got the link for the mosaic download this morning and will probably check it out tonight ad give some feedback.

The only game I saw was Saturday night's Angels game and it seemed just fine for what it was. Obviously I'd rather have it on TV but I can rig a laptop up and it's not all that much worse than the analog transmission of games I got last season.

MLB.TV Audio = the sound of a cheap speaker swirling around the drain of a toilet in a all tile bathroom.

The MLB Mosaic is awful, but there's a disclaimer there that the 700k stream is available to single games and that improvements are coming. Looks awful.

Still kicking around the Directv thing, but for now this will do.

Signed up for the Premium Package only b/c Comcast kicked in $90 since I subscribed to Extra Innings last season. I got the link for the mosaic download this morning and will probably check it out tonight ad give some feedback.The only game I saw was Saturday night's Angels game and it seemed just fine for what it was. Obviously I'd rather have it on TV but I can rig a laptop up and it's not all that much worse than the analog transmission of games I got last season.
I hadn't heard about Comcast paying for $90. I was an extra innings subscriber through Comcast last year. How do you redeem that?

Trying it for 5 days. Downloaded the Mosaic. Absolutely sucks. Horrible. My internet is very fast - comcast broadband - frequently see download speeds between 500K and 1000K. Definitely not my internet. Mosaic just flat out sucks.

Signed up for the Premium Package only b/c Comcast kicked in $90 since I subscribed to Extra Innings last season. I got the link for the mosaic download this morning and will probably check it out tonight ad give some feedback.The only game I saw was Saturday night's Angels game and it seemed just fine for what it was. Obviously I'd rather have it on TV but I can rig a laptop up and it's not all that much worse than the analog transmission of games I got last season.
I hadn't heard about Comcast paying for $90. I was an extra innings subscriber through Comcast last year. How do you redeem that?
I got a coupon and a letter in the mail on Friday. However - GREAT NEWS! The tools at MLB reached an agreement with InDemand!

OK first would like to add my warnings against trying this load of crap they call MLBTV. I have a fast internet connection as well.

1. The games come in and out.. yesterday watching the Reds-Cubs, DeRosa hit the homerun and the screen froze 9 times just in his trips around the bases.. btw.. that was on an archive.

2. And this one really ticked me off. I decided to give it a trial run during spring training.... watched a Reds game... wasn't too bad, but not great.. paid $20 for the month on the 21st or so.. thinking it would renew 21st of this month. HELL NO it didn't... they go by calendar month, so I had to fork over another $20 to get this load of crap.

3. The only redeeming quality of this is that it also allows you the option of listening to the radio broadcast, which is what I have been doing now, because the TV is beyond annoying.

SCREW MLB.TV and MLB.com

DON'T DO IT.

bump

I curious for those that have this in 09 whats the pro's and con's.

Thinking about getting this today so I can watch the games on my computer. Its half the price of MLB innings and being a Marlins fan in PA im considering this.

any helf greatly appreciated....

bumpI curious for those that have this in 09 whats the pro's and con's.Thinking about getting this today so I can watch the games on my computer. Its half the price of MLB innings and being a Marlins fan in PA im considering this.any helf greatly appreciated....
This is the third year I have ordered it and the first year I have not demanded and received a refund. They finally got it down. The pic is clear and high quality as long as your equipentt is up to snuff to handle it (particlarly your cable modem). I always loved the concept and now I actually love the service. The delay is a minor irritation and about once a day I need to re-start my browser, but I run it all day and usually ahve at least 8-10 other browsers and several programs running simultaneously.

didn't want to start a whole new thread, so bumping a really old one...

enjoying two new shows on the network:

1. Clubhouse Confidential - Brian Kenny hosts a daily show going more in-depth from a statistical viewpoint

2. Baseball IQ - trivia tournament
Different things. One is a rebroadcast of mlb games over the internet, the other is a cable network.I agree on Club Con- I watch it all the time. Have not watched the IQ

mlb.tv is sweet. My buddy uses it at his apartment and this past season it worked flawlessly. If you have an out of area team I would recommend it. Plus xbox has added it this year to their live service.

OK, so I'm thinking about getting this. Just moved to Fort Worth area (from Japan). Thinking of not getting ANY TV and watching regular TV shows on Hulu and baseball on mlb.tv.

Question: Will I get Rangers games on it? Or is there a blackout thingy?

OK, so I'm thinking about getting this. Just moved to Fort Worth area (from Japan). Thinking of not getting ANY TV and watching regular TV shows on Hulu and baseball on mlb.tv. Question: Will I get Rangers games on it? Or is there a blackout thingy?
There are blackout restrictions. You'll have the same issue with MLB Extra Innings. Only way to get your local team games is through their local telecasts, unfortunately.

'dynomitejd said:
mlb.tv is sweet. My buddy uses it at his apartment and this past season it worked flawlessly. If you have an out of area team I would recommend it. Plus xbox has added it this year to their live service.
Had no idea. This is awesome. Last year my only complaint was not being able to watch the game on tv through IPAD 1.0 when we had friends over.

'RnR said:
'Berserker said:
OK, so I'm thinking about getting this. Just moved to Fort Worth area (from Japan). Thinking of not getting ANY TV and watching regular TV shows on Hulu and baseball on mlb.tv. Question: Will I get Rangers games on it? Or is there a blackout thingy?
There are blackout restrictions. You'll have the same issue with MLB Extra Innings. Only way to get your local team games is through their local telecasts, unfortunately.
I just wished they'd come up with a pricetag to have no blackout restrictions. What is the barrier to this?

'RnR said:
'Berserker said:
I just wished they'd come up with a pricetag to have no blackout restrictions. What is the barrier to this?
I'd sign up in a second if I could just stream right to my phone in-market. The whole blackout thing is just dumb.

I'd sign up in a second if I could just stream right to my phone in-market. The whole blackout thing is just dumb.
THe teams individually make a ton more money selling local broadcast rights than they get from their share of the Extra Inning package. So they won't let Extra innings include their games, since it would really decrease their overall revenue.

Had no idea. This is awesome. Last year my only complaint was not being able to watch the game on tv through IPAD 1.0 when we had friends over.
Yeah, I think I'm in for MLBtv Premium. Iphone, Laptop, Xbox, etc. $125 :boner:Edit: You also get 150 Spring Training games

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think I'm in for MLBtv Premium. Iphone, Laptop, Xbox, etc. $125 :boner:Edit: You also get 150 Spring Training games
I was looking last night and Premium streams to iphone/ipad/kindle fire , xbox/ps3 /apple tv/ roku

I was looking last night and Premium streams to iphone/ipad/kindle fire , xbox/ps3 /apple tv/ roku
Yep, beautiful.

I do believe I will be getting this for the 1st time. Im going to run it through the PS3. I would assume if I have 2 PS3's under the same account I could watch it on both depending on which room Im in.

'HoosFirst said:
I do believe I will be getting this for the 1st time. Im going to run it through the PS3. I would assume if I have 2 PS3's under the same account I could watch it on both depending on which room Im in.
I'm strongly considering this option as well. The only thing that sucks is I'm a Yankees fan in Upstate NY, but can't get Time-Warner. I'm roped into a DISH deal until August...that doesn't carry the YES Network (it's my wife's fault; don't get me started).

YES used to offer a streaming net option for a hundred bucks or so but I haven't seen it available for 2 seasons now. :(

If I can't watch the Yankees I might be forced to go the MLB.com route and at least watch the Dodgers.

Question: if the team is not your local market, you can watch every game, right? So I won't be stuck watching the Brewers fall apart one night (unless LA is on ESPN)?

ETA -- blackout games are archived for Premium viewers 90 minutes after they're done. So I could watch Yankees games the next morning.

If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber within either Club's home television territory or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game. Archived games are not available through MLB.com At Bat
SWEET.

'HoosFirst said:
I'm strongly considering this option as well. The only thing that sucks is I'm a Yankees fan in Upstate NY, but can't get Time-Warner. I'm roped into a DISH deal until August...that doesn't carry the YES Network (it's my wife's fault; don't get me started).

YES used to offer a streaming net option for a hundred bucks or so but I haven't seen it available for 2 seasons now. :(

If I can't watch the Yankees I might be forced to go the MLB.com route and at least watch the Dodgers.

Question: if the team is not your local market, you can watch every game, right? So I won't be stuck watching the Brewers fall apart one night (unless LA is on ESPN)?

ETA -- blackout games are archived for Premium viewers 90 minutes after they're done. So I could watch Yankees games the next morning.

If you are an MLB.TV Premium subscriber within either Club's home television territory or an MLB.TV subscriber in any territory, the applicable game will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the game. Archived games are not available through MLB.com At Bat
SWEET.
To answer your question as long as their not playing any team in your local market you can watch the game.

and Yes, I'll have to sign up for the pre account. It's a sweet deal for 125 bucks and now I can run it through the xbox live account and pretty much have HDTV baseball streamed to my tv. Plus last time I checked extra innings is like 180 bucks and doesn't include all the extra features that mlb.tv provides

I signed up today. Just an FYI, for Xbox 360 they say ST game will be available "mid-March"...I couldn't even see where to download the app for my xbox yet. For PS3, it says March 20th. Not sure how you get "up to 200 games" that way, unless they're showing you old games or something.

Either way, the ST part was icing on the cake for me, but I thought I'd let you guys know.

You can get around this on a PC with some trickeration. First, download CC cleaner. Then find a free vpn service (I used freeusvpn last year) and add it to your network connections. Before loading up MLB.TV, run CC cleaner to remove all traces of your location (e.g. cookies). Connect to the vpn then load up the game. Once it begins buffering, you can disconnect from the VPN and use your own connection for maximum speed. Profit.

I signed up today. Just an FYI, for Xbox 360 they say ST game will be available "mid-March"...I couldn't even see where to download the app for my xbox yet. For PS3, it says March 20th. Not sure how you get "up to 200 games" that way, unless they're showing you old games or something.Either way, the ST part was icing on the cake for me, but I thought I'd let you guys know.
Do you even have XBL?

'Giant Wooden Badger said:
I signed up today. Just an FYI, for Xbox 360 they say ST game will be available "mid-March"...I couldn't even see where to download the app for my xbox yet. For PS3, it says March 20th. Not sure how you get "up to 200 games" that way, unless they're showing you old games or something.Either way, the ST part was icing on the cake for me, but I thought I'd let you guys know.
Do you even have XBL?
:lmao:

Do you even have XBL?
I'll take that as a no.

Do you even have XBL?
I'll take that as a no.
Of course I do, uniballer.

Has anyone been able to see live games thru their XBOX yet? I got my LIVE account all set up but it does not seem like it is rolled out yet on the XBOX. Has anyone seen or heard anything different? I know they said Late March......getting antsy here!

Has anyone been able to see live games thru their XBOX yet? I got my LIVE account all set up but it does not seem like it is rolled out yet on the XBOX. Has anyone seen or heard anything different? I know they said Late March......getting antsy here!
I've been following the drama on the MLBtv help forums (it's hilarious). The consensus seems to be that it's working in beta and could be available tomorrow. I spent a good portion of Sunday flipping around between games on my PS3...it's glorious.

If you didn't already know it is available now.

Anybody have experience with sharing an account? Me and my friend want to split a premium subscription and we were wondering if we can both be watching a game at the same time.

I have MLB.TV and I stream it through my XBOX. Over the last week or so, the voice commands through the Kinect have been active. I hate them. I'll say something to my girlfriend or my dogs or I'll clap and then the menu will pop up. I want to turn them off but I can't seem to find out how to do it. Has anyone else done this?

Bumping this as I heard they just announced 2013 pricing.I have always gotten MLB extra innings through DTV, but I am considering switching now....I have a PS3, but will spend most of time watching on my iphone and ipad...The question is...is it worth it? Can I watch on both at the same time? Stoked about the option to watch day games while at work in the office

Bumping this as I heard they just announced 2013 pricing.I have always gotten MLB extra innings through DTV, but I am considering switching now....I have a PS3, but will spend most of time watching on my iphone and ipad...The question is...is it worth it? Can I watch on both at the same time? Stoked about the option to watch day games while at work in the office
Unless they changed the blackout rules, you can't watch an inmarket team using MLBTV. Which sucks because I basically want to do the same thing as you but I cant.

I am a Braves fan living in Cincinnati....so I am goodAll reds games are on anyway, and when they play in the afternoon we always have it on in the office...so no worries there.

I'll be buying this again. It's definitely worth the money.

Trying to decide if I should go mlbtv or MLB radio. $129.99 vs $19.99

Users who are viewing this thread