What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Deadliest Catch Thread! (1 Viewer)

DCThunder

Footballguy
Starting at 9:00 PM tonight, the Discovery Channel brings back "Deadliest Catch" about the workings of the crab fleet in the Bering Sea.

This is one of my favorite Discovery Channel shows and I can't wait for a new season of crabs to return.

Last edited by a moderator:
One boat down, looks from previews from upcoming shows maybe another one.

I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :bow:

Hey, what happened to the over-the-top Christian Captain who told his child (from the boat) that she was sinning by not obeying Mom?

That guy was way over the top with the God stuff...probably why he got canned.

One boat down, looks from previews from upcoming shows maybe another one.I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :unsure:
I'm actually watching a TIVO'd episode right now. The cocky rookie captain was given a gift of some information about a hotspot by another captain with the promise he wouldn't share the information. The captain who gave him the info heard him sharing that info not minutes later over the radio. So, he went out, found the rookie capt's pots and pulled one up. He then proceeded to weld the door shut and mess with all the rigging. Absolutely awesome! :mellow:

DaVinci said:
New season starts tonight. :lol:
:lol: Family watched the marathon over the weekend to "catch up". Now if we could just get Ice Road Truckers to start up things will be good. :lol:

One boat down, looks from previews from upcoming shows maybe another one.I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :lmao:
I'm actually watching a TIVO'd episode right now. The cocky rookie captain was given a gift of some information about a hotspot by another captain with the promise he wouldn't share the information. The captain who gave him the info heard him sharing that info not minutes later over the radio. So, he went out, found the rookie capt's pots and pulled one up. He then proceeded to weld the door shut and mess with all the rigging. Absolutely awesome! :o
I caught this on the "Best of Last Season" show other day. :lmao:

I loved that one episode where the weather didn't fully cooperate, the boat had a mechanical problem, and that one pot seemed to take on a life of it's own by swaying too much on the crane.

DaVinci said:
New season starts tonight. :lmao:
:thumbup: Family watched the marathon over the weekend to "catch up". Now if we could just get Ice Road Truckers to start up things will be good. :popcorn:
IRT will be back during the summer. IIRC it started in late June last year.I also think that tonight there's a Dirty Jobs set in Dutch Harbor where Mike Rowe does something with the fish that are used as bait for the crabs. Just remember that Mike is Dirty on Mondays and Deadly on Tuesdays. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have to remember to Tivo it.

Had it set last year...but now its on the HD channel have to reset it...went to do it the other day...when I hit enter to select the season settings...my box reset itself and was zapped for a while (everything on the guide said To Be Announced)...hopefully it won't do it again so I don't have to individually set it each week.

I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :cry:
I'm actually watching a TIVO'd episode right now. The cocky rookie captain was given a gift of some information about a hotspot by another captain with the promise he wouldn't share the information. The captain who gave him the info heard him sharing that info not minutes later over the radio. So, he went out, found the rookie capt's pots and pulled one up. He then proceeded to weld the door shut and mess with all the rigging. Absolutely awesome! :towelwave:
I caught this on the "Best of Last Season" show other day. :bag:
May have been 'staged' or created in editing for effect. At least that's the charge the fisherman lay against the producers.

I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :cry:
I'm actually watching a TIVO'd episode right now. The cocky rookie captain was given a gift of some information about a hotspot by another captain with the promise he wouldn't share the information. The captain who gave him the info heard him sharing that info not minutes later over the radio. So, he went out, found the rookie capt's pots and pulled one up. He then proceeded to weld the door shut and mess with all the rigging. Absolutely awesome! :blackdot:
I caught this on the "Best of Last Season" show other day. :coffee:
May have been 'staged' or created in editing for effect. At least that's the charge the fisherman lay against the producers.
I think Blake's just bitter for looking like a fool when he ended up being way light on crab last season.

I hate that new captain. Hated him last season. He's a big :bye:
I'm actually watching a TIVO'd episode right now. The cocky rookie captain was given a gift of some information about a hotspot by another captain with the promise he wouldn't share the information. The captain who gave him the info heard him sharing that info not minutes later over the radio. So, he went out, found the rookie capt's pots and pulled one up. He then proceeded to weld the door shut and mess with all the rigging. Absolutely awesome! :banned:
I caught this on the "Best of Last Season" show other day. :yes:
Who cares? The show is great entertainment. Same thing with Man vs. Wild. I don't care that he's got a huge crew there with him or that some shots may be staged. As I saw it stated elsewhere. Dude... bit... the head... off... a live... snake! :hophead:

You guys see the 10-11 pm show where the Time Bandit dropped an old F250 pick-up into the ocean tied to a Cornelia Marie buoy and the CM boys had to pull it up and deal with it? It may have all been staged, but it was :hophead: time.

I fell asleep and forgot to record it. I was watching Hockey and thought I made the midnight replay - didn't make it :shrug:

Anyone know when a replay is? I tried checking online but couldn't find it

I fell asleep and forgot to record it. I was watching Hockey and thought I made the midnight replay - didn't make it :shrug:

Anyone know when a replay is? I tried checking online but couldn't find it

[/quote

It will probably be re-run next Tuesday night at 9, with a new show at 10. Otherwise wait a few weeks and the marathons will start on the weekends. One thing about Discovery Channel shows, you can always catch a show you missed.

You guys see the 10-11 pm show where the Time Bandit dropped an old F250 pick-up into the ocean tied to a Cornelia Marie buoy and the CM boys had to pull it up and deal with it? It may have all been staged, but it was :thumbup: time.
Laughed my ### off during that scene.

Loved this season. :unsure:
Good final episode to the King Crab season. A few thoughts...The captain of the Early Dawn got seriously hosed by his own crew (particularly the owner's son/greenhorn) who #####ed about him behind his back to the owner. The crew's payout wasn't even that bad by the end of the season. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the Opelio season (the previews showed him coming back).It was nice to see the North American put together a nice little haul for only 2 weeks and being their first season in three years. Captain Skaar seemed like a good guy, but he needs to take control of the deck. Oh, it was also torture watching those guys sort without a sorting table. Buy a damn table for the Opelio seasons!Why did the 2nd Hildebrand brother leave the Time Bandit for the last leg of the trip only to return at the end of the season? They also really didn't explain/show how the son and dad made up after their big fight when the son initially left the boat early in the season.What are the odds of that greenhorn Moi coming back for Opelios? By the first day, that guy didn't know what hit him.

I like the episode where those guys dress up in costumes and put on a show for the Coast Guard inspection team (don't remember which boat and it was 2 seasons ago I believe). That was :kicksrock:

Love this show, and also like watching Ice Highway...those guys are seriously ####ed in the head!

I'm so glad this show i s back. But how did Phil not know he couldn't go crabbing until the day he was suppose to leave. There's like 7 months between Opelio and King Crab seasons. Doctors c ouldn't make this determination anytime between then?

I'm so glad this show i s back. But how did Phil not know he couldn't go crabbing until the day he was suppose to leave. There's like 7 months between Opelio and King Crab seasons. Doctors c ouldn't make this determination anytime between then?
And what did he suspect...I would think when you are still at the hospital after a blod clot passes from your leg, through your heart, and lands on your lungs...that sitting outside the hospital still in the gown having another smoke is probably not the best choice for your body.

Apparently a bunch of people died this season and lots of ships go down too with survivors.

The diving stunt was absurd. Looked staged and the guy ends up almost getting himself killed doing it. If he blacks out from that hit he's done right?

Two hundred and thirty miles northwest of Dutch Harbor.... :excited: :thumbup: :shrug:

I don't know if it was clever editing in the season preview, but it looks like the Wizard goes down this season. Episode 2 begins in 30 mins.

Two hundred and thirty miles northwest of Dutch Harbor.... :excited: :lmao: :bye: I don't know if it was clever editing in the season preview, but it looks like the Wizard goes down this season. Episode 2 begins in 30 mins.
I know my brothers up North were busy this winter and that is always a bad thing.

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

There's nothing to suggest that the Wizard goes down.

6 of the katami crew is eventually found in a life raft. The other 5 died.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

There's nothing to suggest that the Wizard goes down.

6 of the katami crew is eventually found in a life raft. The other 5 died.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Users who are viewing this thread