Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Miracle Whip

munga30

Miracle Whip  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do not understand Miracle Whip whatsoever. If it only has certain uses* for you, please tell me what they are, specifically. What part of the country you're from may also be helpful.

I never use it. Ever. I would choose mayo every time. Hell, I've even confused it with Cool Whip. That's how foreign it is to me. I'm a Bostonian. Go.

*In food, you dirty bastards.

They're not the same thing? :goodposting: I thought Miracle Whip was just a brand of mayo. ;)

Miracle Whip tastes different. I use the fat free version in tuna casserole because I like the taste way more than mayo. Mayo is okay but I will take Miracle Whip over it everytime because of the taste.

I prefer the taste of Miracle Whip.I'd choose it over Mayo... But Mayo has it's place.I simply choose what tastes better to me.

Interesting. Isn't the difference that Miracle Whip adds high fructose corn syrup and extra sugar?Hellman's Real Mayo - never Miracle Whip.

They're not the same thing? :fishing: I thought Miracle Whip was just a brand of mayo. :shrug:

Miracle Whip tastes different. I use the fat free version in tuna casserole because I like the taste way more than mayo. Mayo is okay but I will take Miracle Whip over it everytime because of the taste.
I agree with this guy.

They're not the same thing? :thumbdown: I thought Miracle Whip was just a brand of mayo. :shrug:

I agree with this guy.
Word.

I am with the Mayo always - MW never. It tastes completely different to me and I almost puke everytime I get it on a sandwich at a restaurant. It has definite "tang" almost like it has sweet pickles in it --ewww.

BTW - try making your own mayo - I love Helmans but its a ton better. I grew in OH but had KY parents, grew up on great fried foods and gravy. I live in Little Rock, AR now.

As a kid, miracle whip. As an adult, mayo.

:confused: Every once in a while, I'll get a craving for a bologna and cheese sandwich on white bread and I'll throw a little Miracle Whip on it. But I think that comes more from remembering something from childhood.

MW mixed with ketchup and lemon pepper for dipping deepfried halibut in.

MW and Mayo for macaroni salad

Mayo for all other

You left out the preferred 'Mayo only; #### Miracle Whip" option.Seriously, MW is nothing but mayo with water, cornstarch and sugar.

Good post. If Miracle Whip is the only option, I'll take my sandwich dry. Hell, starvation is a better option.

Miracle Whip is the debil. It's mayo with sugar..

Is this true? It's mostly just sugar added to mayo?

Mayonnaise

Ingredients: EGG YOLKS, VEGETABLE OIL, MUSTARD, VINEGAR (OR LEMON JUICE).

Miracle Whip

Ingredients: WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, EGG YOLKS, SALT, MUSTARD FLOUR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE AS A PRESERVATIVE, SPICE, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR, DRIED GARLIC.

Miracle Whip is the Velveeta of condiments.

:( MW ruins any food it touches. //RANT//So does Light Mayo. Light Mayo is basically Miracle Whip - loaded with HFCS. Many "light" foods you find at the grocery store call themselves light because they remove or trim down the fat content. However, when they do this they need to make up for the taste the product loses (cause fat tastes good) by adding s***-tons of sugar or more often HFCS. HFCS is the devil.//RANT//

• 1 year later...

Just a friendly reminder to all FBGs that mayonaisse tends to "go bad" pretty quickly.If you're still using the same jar of mayo that you were when this thread began, it's time to get rid of it and treat yourself to a new jar.HTH

The importance of expiration dates is highly overestimated. Live on the edge, baby!

Archived