What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (2 Viewers)

How is Del Friscos? Does it rank up there with the other top steakhouses?
IMO Del Frisco's is one of, if not the best, steakhouse in the city. But it's a real "powerbroker" kind of place. I've been there twice -- the crab cocktail is amazing. Only Sparks is comparable.
Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :shrug:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :)
Sparks was good but wouldn't go back. Loyal Wollensky Grill and Palm (West) fan.Uncle Jacks is also top notch.Still have to try Del Frisco's
Anyone try Peter Luger's? How does it compare?
Luger's rocks, I go there a few times a year with friends. Really cool atmosphere, the waiters are a riot and apparently make boatloads. I never had a bad time at PL's. Just make sure you make reservations WELL in advance and bring cash, they don't take credit unless you have a PL "membership" card.
Lugers is definitely something worth checking out. the bacon is a must get. Ive had better steaks. But they are still very good. oh and the creamed spinach is bomb!!
Agreed the best advice I can give someone going to PL's for the first time, is get the Bacon appetizer.

IMO Del Frisco's is one of, if not the best, steakhouse in the city. But it's a real "powerbroker" kind of place. I've been there twice -- the crab cocktail is amazing. Only Sparks is comparable.
Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :shrug:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :bag:
Sparks was good but wouldn't go back. Loyal Wollensky Grill and Palm (West) fan.Uncle Jacks is also top notch.Still have to try Del Frisco's
Luger's rocks, I go there a few times a year with friends. Really cool atmosphere, the waiters are a riot and apparently make boatloads. I never had a bad time at PL's. Just make sure you make reservations WELL in advance and bring cash, they don't take credit unless you have a PL "membership" card.
Lugers is definitely something worth checking out. the bacon is a must get. Ive had better steaks. But they are still very good. oh and the creamed spinach is bomb!!
Agreed the best advice I can give someone going to PL's for the first time, is get the Bacon appetizer.
I can say this - while I havent been to every good steak house, I have NEVER had a steak on par with Lugar. Now, on a rare occasion the cut of meat will not quite be AS good as usual, but no steak, in terms of the taste of the meat itself, has tasted as good as Lugar. And yeah, the bacon is sick - but the steak is heaven. Black and blue, so let that aged taste come on through, swimming in its own fat and blood. Mmmmm.

So I went to Mas (farmhouse) tonight on a first date. Would strongly recommend if you need something romantic. Bouley trained chef, great wine list, and a very intimate atmosphere (holds about 40 people). A bit on the pricey side but a good spot. Oh, and blind tiger is around the corner so fun for everyone.

So I went to Mas (farmhouse) tonight on a first date. Would strongly recommend if you need something romantic. Bouley trained chef, great wine list, and a very intimate atmosphere (holds about 40 people). A bit on the pricey side but a good spot. Oh, and blind tiger is around the corner so fun for everyone.
Bouley is one of our favorite spots (as is Bouley Upstairs... the much lower price, no reservation place across the street) so I am IN for Mas- never even heard of it. Thanks!

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :lmao:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :lmao:
I'll second the opinions on Del Frisco's. I work across the street and so it's a regular spot for client/applicant dinners. Probably the best steaks I've had, and the crab and sides are fantastic. It's one of those places that isn't commonly considered to be on par with the likes of Luger's, but I think it's every bit as good.Also tried Quality Meats this week, up on 58th street. Cool atmosphere and decent place, but both the crabcakes and steaks at Del Frisco's are, IMO, better.

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :thumbup:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :rolleyes:
I'll second the opinions on Del Frisco's. I work across the street and so it's a regular spot for client/applicant dinners. Probably the best steaks I've had, and the crab and sides are fantastic. It's one of those places that isn't commonly considered to be on par with the likes of Luger's, but I think it's every bit as good.Also tried Quality Meats this week, up on 58th street. Cool atmosphere and decent place, but both the crabcakes and steaks at Del Frisco's are, IMO, better.
quality meats! i like the sound of that.For the best meat in the city, im gonna have to say Porcao on park ave s and like 24th or 25th i think.

Went to Double Crown last night on the Bowery above Houston. Same people as Public in Nolita. English Colonial fusion- I really liked the flavors and menu. Had a thai inspired soup that was insanely good. A handful of aps- shrimp and duck dumplings were very good, but the pigs-int-the-blanket things were way too small. Wife had the sashimi which was insane. My tuna entree was quite good too... coupled with a nice drink menu (with lots of Pimms infused cocktails) and the requisite nice looking ladies that a recently opened place attracts, this was one of the better meals I've had lately.

eta: f-ing BRRRRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanilla Ice will be drinking, dancing, rapping, and partying the night away at Turtle Bay this Thursday, November 13th!

:lmao:

Ate at Southern Hospitality BBQ on 76th and 2nd yesterday.

Very good barbeque. Large front bar area, lots of TV, small room of tables in the back. Small stage for bands.

I had an excellent St.Louis Ribs plate (amazing cream corn) and my wife had a Pulled Pork sandwich.

Would definately go back.

Ate at Southern Hospitality BBQ on 76th and 2nd yesterday.Very good barbeque. Large front bar area, lots of TV, small room of tables in the back. Small stage for bands.I had an excellent St.Louis Ribs plate (amazing cream corn) and my wife had a Pulled Pork sandwich.Would definately go back.
:confused:

Ate at Southern Hospitality BBQ on 76th and 2nd yesterday.Very good barbeque. Large front bar area, lots of TV, small room of tables in the back. Small stage for bands.I had an excellent St.Louis Ribs plate (amazing cream corn) and my wife had a Pulled Pork sandwich.Would definately go back.
I had been meaning to check this place out, just went there. Good food, got the St. Louis Ribs w/ creamed corn and cajun red bliss potatoes. Biscuit it comes with is real good, ribs good, sides good. Bartender was cute but not very attentive. Waitstaff is a bunch of girls, average quality. No HD on the TV's :X I just don't get that, does it really cost more to show an HD signal? They invest in getting these large flat screens yet they don't take advantage of showing HD. absolutely mind boggling

I had been meaning to check this place out, just went there. Good food, got the St. Louis Ribs w/ creamed corn and cajun red bliss potatoes. Biscuit it comes with is real good, ribs good, sides good. Bartender was cute but not very attentive. Waitstaff is a bunch of girls, average quality. No HD on the TV's :thumbdown: I just don't get that, does it really cost more to show an HD signal? They invest in getting these large flat screens yet they don't take advantage of showing HD. absolutely mind boggling
I believe this place is owned by Justin Timberlake. For what its worth, he doent even watch the games at his place as he has been seen watching them at Wicker Park a few blocks uptown.

Thought I'd post in this thread, but I'm looking for some good sports bars...preferably around lower east side, hell's kitchen, or anywhere else in between that'll show the nfl network games on thursday?

also looking for a place showing the pacquaio - dela hoya fight.

prefer hole in the wall bars and cheap beers...is that possible?

not expecting much in the eye candy department. of course that would be nice, but i'm not expecting the impossible.

Thought I'd post in this thread, but I'm looking for some good sports bars...preferably around lower east side, hell's kitchen, or anywhere else in between that'll show the nfl network games on thursday?

not expecting much in the eye candy department. of course that would be nice, but i'm not expecting the impossible.
I usually go to Barfly on 20th and 3rd - they'll have the games...

On 19th closer to Park there's a Dukes' which is probably cheaper and more of a hole and across from there is The Watering Hole.....

DUKES

I've never gone but, i've walked past "The Pour House" on 3rd and 11th

Every time I walk by I'm like "Damn look at the size of those TV's"

Pour House

Looks like they have package deals for the fight

On 19th closer to Park there's a Dukes' which is probably cheaper and more of a hole and across from there is The Watering Hole.....

DUKES

Pour House

The Pour House does seem like it may be worth the effort.I'm always at Bar None on gamedays (13th and 3rd), so I usually walking right by the PH. Seems like a happenin' spot.

Any chance Pour House is from the same owners of the bar in Boston? I was a big fan of the Boston bar, good food too!

Thought I'd post in this thread, but I'm looking for some good sports bars...preferably around lower east side, hell's kitchen, or anywhere else in between that'll show the nfl network games on thursday?also looking for a place showing the pacquaio - dela hoya fight.prefer hole in the wall bars and cheap beers...is that possible?not expecting much in the eye candy department. of course that would be nice, but i'm not expecting the impossible.
There's a great sports bar in the LES called Blue Seats. It's on either Orchard or Stanton. It opened last year and is pretty pimped out with plenty of HD flatscreens. It's not a huge place so it gets crowded for big games but a good spot for those that live in the hood.

DUKES

Pour House

awesome...thanks guys. i'll check out blue seats also.

People that live in New York City actually order and eat Domino's Pizza?Mind-blowing.
Ditto that. Grew up in Sheepshead Bay -- now when I go back there most of my favorite pizza places are now Russian-owned. Oh, the humanity! Domino's? Only in college. Asinine.I went to a great restaurant last week -- Hill Country on 7th Ave and E 26th St. Great BBQ, great atmosphere. Highly recommended.
Gonna checkout Hill Country this weekend, I keep reading mixed reviews about it. My buddies highly recommend it to as well as Fette Sau in Brooklyn, supposed to have some sick bourbon options there including a bottle from the 1930's that costs like $75 a glass (will not be trying it, but thought that was pretty unique).

Pour house is solid

A bit narrow parallel to the bar b/c of the tables, but you can call ahead and actually reserve a table if you want (don't know how long out you need to do so though)

If you head to the back though they have an entire second room with wall to wall flat screens and great seating (4-5 person banquettes, a loungy type of area, etc

Can get crowded on Sundays or for a big fight/game, so go early

Good beer selection also, including CHimay on tap

People that live in New York City actually order and eat Domino's Pizza?Mind-blowing.
Ditto that. Grew up in Sheepshead Bay -- now when I go back there most of my favorite pizza places are now Russian-owned. Oh, the humanity! Domino's? Only in college. Asinine.I went to a great restaurant last week -- Hill Country on 7th Ave and E 26th St. Great BBQ, great atmosphere. Highly recommended.
Gonna checkout Hill Country this weekend, I keep reading mixed reviews about it. My buddies highly recommend it to as well as Fette Sau in Brooklyn, supposed to have some sick bourbon options there including a bottle from the 1930's that costs like $75 a glass (will not be trying it, but thought that was pretty unique).
The food is great and it's a fun place but be aware that you will stand on multiple lines for food and a line to pay at the end.

The food is great and it's a fun place but be aware that you will stand on multiple lines for food and a line to pay at the end.
Overpriced? Good Value? I hear a lot of the former and not so much of the latter.

Overpriced? Good Value? I hear a lot of the former and not so much of the latter.
Overpriced. I prefer RUB for barbacue in Manhattan.

I don't remember it being overpriced. You're going for the experience. It's a fun place for a big group to get loud and enjoy some music (if a band is playing). I haven't tried RUB yet, but I prefer Blue Smoke.and Virgils is still under-rated.

I don't remember it being overpriced. You're going for the experience. It's a fun place for a big group to get loud and enjoy some music (if a band is playing). I haven't tried RUB yet, but I prefer Blue Smoke.and Virgils is still under-rated.
I did enjoy it but seemed overpriced given the attomsphere and the fact you serve yourself. I do like Blue Smoke and also prefer it. I also always forget about Virgils since it has been around so long and it is solid.

:thumbup:I go there a couple times a month, I need to layoff the burnt ends though. I also wish RUB had more veggie options for sides, not a fan of their collard greens or whatever it is called - they need corn on the cob or something. I typically get the dirty fries and cornbread (treat it like dessert).

Alias said:
Redwes25 said:
Alias said:
jamny said:
:popcorn:I go there a couple times a month, I need to layoff the burnt ends though. I also wish RUB had more veggie options for sides, not a fan of their collard greens or whatever it is called - they need corn on the cob or something. I typically get the dirty fries and cornbread (treat it like dessert).
I'm kind of a BBQ snob being raised in Texas but Virgils, Blue Smoke (always make sure to snag a few bottles of their Magic Dust seasoning salt from the table) and Rub are all solid choices. BBQ has definitely gotten better the past 10 years in NYC. I wish I can say the same about Mexican which is still toilet in Manhattan unless you want to blow major coin at a spot like Rosa Mexicana, Dos Caminos or La Esquina (worth it for the bar scene).

I am working on my '09 budget and wanted to know if my numbers are out of whack. I am looking to save more money next year and at the same time be realistic with my projections. I live by myself, late 30's and these are the budgeted numbers I have so far:

Monthly numbers

$3,000 Rent (includes all utilities, including maid service, cable+internet, cell phone, etc...)

$1,250 Entertainment (includes all vacation expenses, summer beach house rental, transportation, dates and booze)

$800... Food (regrettably I eat out 90% of my meals)

$250... Misc (health, haircuts, bath & grooming items + miscellaneous expenses)

$1,292 401k contributions (max it out)

========

Net $2,365 (savings hopefully)

Between 401k and Net (savings) I would be saving 40% of my net income per month, good? can be better?

I probably could have done a separate thread, but was curious how this compares to bachelors in NYC. I could go the roommate route but honestly think I am beyond that being in my late 30's. Entertainment and Food could certainly be cut back on but I am also trying to be realistic living in nyc and both of these numbers are lower then what I spent in '08.

I am working on my '09 budget and wanted to know if my numbers are out of whack. I am looking to save more money next year and at the same time be realistic with my projections. I live by myself, late 30's and these are the budgeted numbers I have so far:Monthly numbers$3,000 Rent (includes all utilities, including maid service, cable+internet, cell phone, etc...)$1,250 Entertainment (includes all vacation expenses, summer beach house rental, transportation, dates and booze)$800... Food (regrettably I eat out 90% of my meals)$250... Misc (health, haircuts, bath & grooming items + miscellaneous expenses)$1,292 401k contributions (max it out)========Net $2,365 (savings hopefully)Between 401k and Net (savings) I would be saving 40% of my net income per month, good? can be better?I probably could have done a separate thread, but was curious how this compares to bachelors in NYC. I could go the roommate route but honestly think I am beyond that being in my late 30's. Entertainment and Food could certainly be cut back on but I am also trying to be realistic living in nyc and both of these numbers are lower then what I spent in '08.
Wow.. sounds nice... Don't get married BTW....I'd think for 3k in this market you can get a pretty sweet Apt in NYC....

I am working on my '09 budget and wanted to know if my numbers are out of whack. I am looking to save more money next year and at the same time be realistic with my projections. I live by myself, late 30's and these are the budgeted numbers I have so far:Monthly numbers$3,000 Rent (includes all utilities, including maid service, cable+internet, cell phone, etc...)$1,250 Entertainment (includes all vacation expenses, summer beach house rental, transportation, dates and booze)$800... Food (regrettably I eat out 90% of my meals)$250... Misc (health, haircuts, bath & grooming items + miscellaneous expenses)$1,292 401k contributions (max it out)========Net $2,365 (savings hopefully)Between 401k and Net (savings) I would be saving 40% of my net income per month, good? can be better?I probably could have done a separate thread, but was curious how this compares to bachelors in NYC. I could go the roommate route but honestly think I am beyond that being in my late 30's. Entertainment and Food could certainly be cut back on but I am also trying to be realistic living in nyc and both of these numbers are lower then what I spent in '08.
Wow.. sounds nice... Don't get married BTW....I'd think for 3k in this market you can get a pretty sweet Apt in NYC....
I haven't been following real estate in nyc much, I have some old IRS credit issues I am working out this winter and my credit is not in good shape until I clear that up.How do you equate monthly mortgage to the price of an apartment? I read an article in USAToday that says 20x monthly rent is a decent indicator of the price of the "home". So my real rent is $2350, if I was buying then I could set aside $3k (about a third of my monthly net income) without too much problem. 20x $3k = $600k, can I find good apartments in that range? Are we talking Brooklyn or other boroughs or within Manhattan itself (and not way uptown like North of Central Park).I'd also be leary for a few reasons, has the bubble burst in NYC and is it due to fall further?I have a buddy that is a finance wiz and his wife works for a hedge fund, they could easily afford a nice apt. in nyc yet they choose to rent. The way he phrased it was, "why would I want to invest so much of my money into 1 sector (real estate) let alone 1 property." It would be smarter to diversify across sectors.

I am working on my '09 budget and wanted to know if my numbers are out of whack. I am looking to save more money next year and at the same time be realistic with my projections. I live by myself, late 30's and these are the budgeted numbers I have so far:

Monthly numbers

$3,000 Rent (includes all utilities, including maid service, cable+internet, cell phone, etc...)

$1,250 Entertainment (includes all vacation expenses, summer beach house rental, transportation, dates and booze)

$800... Food (regrettably I eat out 90% of my meals)

$250... Misc (health, haircuts, bath & grooming items + miscellaneous expenses)

$1,292 401k contributions (max it out)

========

Net $2,365 (savings hopefully)

Between 401k and Net (savings) I would be saving 40% of my net income per month, good? can be better?

I probably could have done a separate thread, but was curious how this compares to bachelors in NYC. I could go the roommate route but honestly think I am beyond that being in my late 30's. Entertainment and Food could certainly be cut back on but I am also trying to be realistic living in nyc and both of these numbers are lower then what I spent in '08.
Wow.. sounds nice... Don't get married BTW....

I'd think for 3k in this market you can get a pretty sweet Apt in NYC....
I haven't been following real estate in nyc much, I have some old IRS credit issues I am working out this winter and my credit is not in good shape until I clear that up.How do you equate monthly mortgage to the price of an apartment? I read an article in USAToday that says 20x monthly rent is a decent indicator of the price of the "home". So my real rent is $2350, if I was buying then I could set aside $3k (about a third of my monthly net income) without too much problem. 20x $3k = $600k, can I find good apartments in that range? Are we talking Brooklyn or other boroughs or within Manhattan itself (and not way uptown like North of Central Park).

I'd also be leary for a few reasons, has the bubble burst in NYC and is it due to fall further?

I have a buddy that is a finance wiz and his wife works for a hedge fund, they could easily afford a nice apt. in nyc yet they choose to rent. The way he phrased it was, "why would I want to invest so much of my money into 1 sector (real estate) let alone 1 property." It would be smarter to diversify across sectors.
I think 600k right now will get you a 1 Bedroom in some areas...I've been watching the market and I'd say things have come down maybe 10-15% depending on the area and the price range... Bette area's are holding value - then again, finding buyers is also tough so, who knows what the real prices are.

This is a great site to play around with areas and prices to see what the #'s are like

STREETEASY

They show rents as well.

There's also a discussion board there where they talk about the ratio's you just mentioned - Seems to me there are a lot of people there that are bearish on the market but, then again, I think a lot of those people are hoping they can eventually get some great deals....

If I were looking, I'd take my time and figure things won't be jumping up for a few years now - I'd find the exact block I want to live in, possibly the exact building and apt and throw some low ball offers around.... To me, if you get That exact building and apt you want - possibly with a terrace or whatever is important to you, that's worth a little more than waiting another year and getting a little more of a steal on something you don't love as much.

But, yeah, who the hell knows where this market is going.

The wife and I are driving into the city from Jersey and we are looking for a great Indian joint on the Lower East side. Any recommendations. I know there is a lot of them up and down first ave, but does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks.

Cuisine: French, Thai
Thanks...but we are looking specifically for authentic Indian.
I think there are a ton of cheap Indian places in the teens on the east side. One right after the other. Maybe on 8th?

All the Indian spots in the East Village are on 6th street btw 1 and 2 ave. I like the one on the SW corner of 6th st and 1st ave. It's a nice place with good food.

I think there are a ton of cheap Indian places in the teens on the east side. One right after the other. Maybe on 8th?

Yeah. Not the Lower East Side, where he specified, but that little section of Indian joints in the East Village. Curry Row, or whatever they call it.Not the teens, too far north. It's on........6th, 7th or 8th.

I've eaten in several of them, and all I can say is, they all seemed to be the same to me.

:confused:I go there a couple times a month, I need to layoff the burnt ends though. I also wish RUB had more veggie options for sides, not a fan of their collard greens or whatever it is called - they need corn on the cob or something. I typically get the dirty fries and cornbread (treat it like dessert).
I'm kind of a BBQ snob being raised in Texas but Virgils, Blue Smoke (always make sure to snag a few bottles of their Magic Dust seasoning salt from the table) and Rub are all solid choices. BBQ has definitely gotten better the past 10 years in NYC. I wish I can say the same about Mexican which is still toilet in Manhattan unless you want to blow major coin at a spot like Rosa Mexicana, Dos Caminos or La Esquina (worth it for the bar scene).
best bbq in the city is Dinosaur BBQ IMO. Hill Country is pretty solid as well. havent been to rub yet. but a buddy of mine said dinosaur bbq blows it away.

:porked:
Yeah. Not the Lower East Side, where he specified, but that little section of Indian joints in the East Village. Curry Row, or whatever they call it.Not the teens, too far north. It's on........6th, 7th or 8th.

I've eaten in several of them, and all I can say is, they all seemed to be the same to me.
I went to one with my ex gf and ordered the 'hottest dish on the menu'.MISTAKE!

No amount of water or ice cream would stop the pain.

:porked:

Just arrived from 4 days in NYC was with my gf but met up with friends from T.O who were also in NYC. We went out on Sunday night and Monday night looking for cool bars in the meatpacking district and the village and were stumped when everything was closed?!? It was about 12:30 and nothing was open except one or two spots on west 14th. Is this the norm for the holidays or Sundays and Mondays? I was kind of disappointed at the fact that we couldn't find a nice lounge or bar.

The rest of NYC was great though, always a good time!

I went to Spanky's the other night. Quality was no where near the other BBQ options in NYC, but the food was not "bad", actually a good value. $22.50 gets you a "full house": pork ribs (3-4 bones), quarter chicken (dark meat), brisket, pulled pork and 2 hefty sides plus a small piece of cornbread. Nice selection of hot sauces too (like a dozen).

I need to check out Dinosaur & Virgil's and give Blue Smoke another try next year. I was pretty impressed with Hill Country, it was a little pricey but the moist brisket was very good.

right....i'm inquiring if anyone like El Floppo and his ilk has a favorite.
I've got ilk! Banjara, corner of 1st and 6th- it's nice.

eta:

All the Indian spots in the East Village are on 6th street btw 1 and 2 ave. I like the one on the SW corner of 6th st and 1st ave. It's a nice place with good food.
That's Banjara.6th street between 1st and 2nd aves is chock full o' "Indian" (actually Bangladeshi, not Indian) restaurants. I was never able to distinguish one from the other until Banjara.

re: BBQ... I'm not an expert at all, but avoid Georgia's on the LES at all costs. HORRIBLE.

Also, on the agonizingly bad tip, Neighburrito opened up maybe over the summer. Seemed to have all the makings of a great SF style burrito joint which the LES is kinda lacking (enough places, none of them that great). I've tried them four times- all delivery- and it's been uniformally terrible. No flavor and no texture; I've ordered 3 different things from them and they all taste and feel the same- nothing. I SO want them to be better than that.

On the opposite side, La Esquina (take-away) is amazing. Don't think they do burritos... more of a traditional mexi place with lots of soft tacos, all of which are very tasty. Tortilla soup is a winner too.

:thumbdown: Don't get married and don't get a girl friend. Barring that you should be good... but don't be suprised at how fast the money disappears.

Hill Country has the best Brisket in the city. I wouldn't say they are the best overall BBQ joint, but the Brisket is top notch. I go there about once a week for the moist Brisket with Mac & Cheese side. Also the PB&J cupcakes are good. Southern Hospitality on 76th/2nd is also good BBQ. But I wasn't super impressed with Blue Smoke after eating there a couple of times. Maybe I caught them on an off day.

Rents seem pretty reasonable all of a sudden, I am definitely paying too much where I am now ($2350 for a 1BR). I can get a 2BR w/ doorman and other nice amenities for about 2400-2600/mo. Looks like a lot of no fee listings and some even offering 1-2 months free.

People that live in New York City actually order and eat Domino's Pizza?

Mind-blowing.
:goodposting: Bourbon selection is amazing, beer selection is solid, and the BBQ was excellent. Same people also own Spuyten Duyvil across the street, a great beer bar to chill at after dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread