What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rich "Goose" Gossage Interview (1 Viewer)

Chris Yandek

Footballguy
Hey everyone! Hope you are all well.

Former MLB player Rich "Goose" Gossage was unaware of a record he held till his interview with me. Gossage was informed of holding the career ERA record for the Yankees. After the interview, the Yankees informed me that Gossage indeed held the record for career ERA record for a minimum of 500 innings pitched. Gossage also discussed why he isn't in the Baseball Hall of Fame, what he contributed to the closer role, why the Yankees have gotten off to a slow start this year, and much more.

You can read and listen to the interview at the following link:

http://www.thesportsinterview.com/richgossage.htm

Good stuff. Still think he is the best closer of all-time because of his trailblazing ways and the fact he was just plain nasty in the early 80's. That 1981 season is one of the best of all-time as far as closers go.

His omission from the Hall of Fame is a travesty and shows you how ####### asinine sports writers can be. Hopefully he gets in next year.

Did you find him engaging and intelligent? I've heard several interviews with him and the one done by Sports by-line America and Ron Barr was great. Gossage seems like a pretty cool guy.

He knows the sport of baseball and is a very humble guy. He really enjoyed being there and his knowledge was appreciated.

You should take a listen for yourself. You can make your own judgements. I enjoy talking to the older guys before my time. I always learn something.

Thanks for checking it out.

Chris

Nice job! Goose was awesome!! I'm lucky to have witnessed 2 of the greatest closers of all time play for my team (Goose and Mo). He was lights out.

I happen to agree with him about Nettles too. If Brooks Robinson was the best defensive 3rd baseman of all time, Nettles was 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread