What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (1 Viewer)

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
:lmao:
:bag: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
For fighters of the same skill level.
Yeah untrained, I don't care if you're Yao Ming, you may survive unscathed but you ain't "wooping" ####.The body shots he'd take would make you hate life for two weeks.
Fair enough.. but why is everyone assuming thisd is a boxing match? Of course I would't sit there and try to box him. I doubt I would swing once.
Because the OP stated the following:
What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer?
And I clarified my statements with the following:
I understood you to be asking who would win a fight not a boxing match.

matuski, I'm confused....are you saying you'd stand a chance against a boxer the size of Mayweather?
What lead you to this leap?Featherweight: a weight class of 118-126 lbs for boxers.I appologize for confusing people and myself.... I have been talking about a straight up fight. Of course I would get beat down if I tried to "box" with any pro boxer.

matuski, I'm confused....

are you saying you'd stand a chance against a boxer the size of Mayweather?
What lead you to this leap?

Featherweight: a weight class of 118-126 lbs for boxers.

I appologize for confusing people and myself.... I have been talking about a straight up fight. Of course I would get beat down if I tried to "box" with any pro boxer.
I'm wondering what makes you think a regular fight would be any different. What are you going to do, grab him? Do you really think you'd be able to close in on the guy without him snapping your head back four or five times? Are you going to swing a chair at him? Someone with the dexterity and speed of a boxer - a featherweight boxer - wouldn't let it get within four feet of them. So what advantage would you have? You'd probably be better of going up against a straight heavyweight and praying that you can land in a shot with a beer bottle or something. Unless you're talking about pulling a gun this is a loss no matter how you look at it, man. I don't think you fully appreciate the amount of physical destruction one of these people have at their disposal. I'm guessing Barrera could take you at age 50 with a wooden leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
He would hit you 5 times before you you even got your arm cocked. By the time you were ready to punch him, it would be pointless as you would not be able to see him with all the blood in your eye. Hopefully you pass out before he finishes you...
:lmao: :towelwave: :thumbup: POTD

:doh:
:hifive: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
For fighters of the same skill level.
Yeah untrained, I don't care if you're Yao Ming, you may survive unscathed but you ain't "wooping" ####.The body shots he'd take would make you hate life for two weeks.
Fair enough.. but why is everyone assuming thisd is a boxing match? Of course I would't sit there and try to box him. I doubt I would swing once.
Because the OP stated the following:
What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer?
And I clarified my statements with the following:
I understood you to be asking who would win a fight not a boxing match.
You asked why everyone else was assuming we were discussing a boxing match, not what you were assuming.

You asked why everyone else was assuming we were discussing a boxing match, not what you were assuming.
The boxing posts were made LONG after I qualified what I was saying... so you aren't reading the thread just pulling out of context individual posts? I didn't say it once but a few times what I was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I gotta take matuski in a street fight, unless he gets kicked in the nuts. Those guys are pretty weak.

I appologize for confusing people and myself.... I have been talking about a straight up fight. Of course I would get beat down if I tried to "box" with any pro boxer.
I'm wondering what makes you think a regular fight would be any different. What are you going to do, grab him? Do you really think you'd be able to close in on the guy without him snapping your head back four or five times? Are you going to swing a chair at him? Someone with the dexterity and speed of a boxer - a featherweight boxer - wouldn't let it get within four feet of them. So what advantage would you have? You'd probably be better of going up against a straight heavyweight and praying that you can land in a shot with a beer bottle or something. Unless you're talking about pulling a gun this is a loss no matter how you look at it, man. I don't think you fully appreciate the amount of physical destruction one of these people have at their disposal. I'm guessing Barrera could take you at age 50 with a wooden leg.
You could be right... but I disagree.I not too far back watched a featherweight bout where neither guy's head cleared the ropes. Guys that size would need a step ladder to reach my head.

remember when the Japanese chick beat the crap out of Ryan Dunn in Jackass? you'd be Dunn in that scenario. even with headgear and boxing gloves on, his mouth was still bloody after about 1 round.

You could be right... but I disagree.I not too far back watched a featherweight bout where neither guy's head cleared the ropes. Guys that size would need a step ladder to reach my head.
And you'd be pissing blood for a month.

Me and my friends were discussing this last night during the fight. I have absolutely no boxing training but I weight lift and am pretty strong. What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer? Would he still kick my ### due to his boxing skills? Would his punches hurt me? Would I actually be able to hurt him? Will my size be too much for him? Just curious.
b/c the original poster asked what would happen if he "got in the ring" with a featherweight. I don't know many street fights that happen in a boxing ring. do you?

Me and my friends were discussing this last night during the fight. I have absolutely no boxing training but I weight lift and am pretty strong. What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer? Would he still kick my ### due to his boxing skills? Would his punches hurt me? Would I actually be able to hurt him? Will my size be too much for him? Just curious.
b/c the original poster asked what would happen if he "got in the ring" with a featherweight. I don't know many street fights that happen in a boxing ring. do you?
:thumbup: :X are people not reading this thread?this would be about the 4th time I addressed this.... or 5th?

OK.

It is clear everyone dismisses 6-10 inches and 100lbs as being no advantage.

I don't get it but fine.

At what point is size/weight/strength an advantage?

What if it is 16 inches and 150lbs?

:thumbup: :X are people not reading this thread?this would be about the 4th time I addressed this.... or 5th?
sorry, I posted before I saw the other responses. but regardless, you're the only person in this thread who thought we were talking about something other than a boxing match.

OK.It is clear everyone dismisses 6-10 inches and 100lbs as being no advantage.I don't get it but fine.At what point is size/weight/strength an advantage?What if it is 16 inches and 150lbs?
I bet you'd clean up at a pre-school. Go for it big guy!

sorry, I posted before I saw the other responses. but regardless, you're the only person in this thread who thought we were talking about something other than a boxing match.
I know and I appologized for this as well. All a misunderstanding from the get go.It would seem though that I unintentionally hijacked the thread and it has now become a matuski vs everyone deal hehe.

OK.It is clear everyone dismisses 6-10 inches and 100lbs as being no advantage.I don't get it but fine.At what point is size/weight/strength an advantage?What if it is 16 inches and 150lbs?
:thumbup:I have done everything I can to portray I am not trying to be macho about this.Do you have any imput on the question?

how do you think you'd do against a professional woman boxer?

:wall: :wall: are people not reading this thread?this would be about the 4th time I addressed this.... or 5th?
I know and I appologized for this as well. All a misunderstanding from the get go.It would seem though that I unintentionally hijacked the thread and it has now become a matuski vs everyone deal hehe.
Personally, I'd probably just kick you in the nuts.

In the ring, in the ring. Tommy Gunn only fights in the ring.

:wall:I have done everything I can to portray I am not trying to be macho about this.Do you have any imput on the question?
Are we talking about a boxing match? If so, I think it's been pretty well discussed in this thread. When you put those gloves on and weigh the difference in skill level it just about wipes out any size advantage. If we're talking about a street fight, the ability to grab and hold would negate some of the skill, but the smaller guy's speed makes it a lot different fight than just two average joes going after it.

Boxing - medics carry outBar Fight - you have a better chance as the lack of manuvering room and your size negates his speed. But still most likely that the pro takes you out.Out in the street with some room - medics carry you off.
This is the correct answer...if any of the fighters listed in this thread hit you with a single clean uppercut that was barefisted you'd be absolutely rocked. There's a reason professional fighters can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon when they get into street fights and really hurt someone.

I'm not saying it is no advantage. What I am saying is that you probably don't punch people a regular basis, are not as fast a boxer regardless of his size, and you don't regularly get struck in the head. I think you'd lose to pro boxer 5'4 and up. Again the beating would unreal. You'd be down in minutes. Like someone earlier mentioned you'd be better off against a heavy weight who is a tad bit slower and you may be able to tackle him to the ground. You are ####ed either way.

Boxing - medics carry outBar Fight - you have a better chance as the lack of manuvering room and your size negates his speed. But still most likely that the pro takes you out.Out in the street with some room - medics carry you off.
This is the correct answer...if any of the fighters listed in this thread hit you with a single clean uppercut that was barefisted you'd be absolutely rocked. There's a reason professional fighters can be charged with assault with a deadly weapon when they get into street fights and really hurt someone.
I can't agree with this. We're talking about a featherweight. 125 pounds or less. :wall: Outside a ring, against a 6', 200 lbs or more opponent.. :wall: In a ring, win by decision due to technical skill, obviously. No holds barred... featherweight has no chance. Too weak. Sorry. I've watched these guys box and it's like a slapfight.

Boxing - medics carry out

Bar Fight - you have a better chance as the lack of manuvering room and your size negates his speed. But still most likely that the pro takes you out.

Out in the street with some room - medics carry you off.
I can't agree with this. We're talking about a featherweight. 125 pounds or less. :wall: Outside a ring, against a 6', 200 lbs or more opponent.. :wall: In a ring, win by decision due to technical skill, obviously. No holds barred... featherweight has no chance. Too weak. Sorry. I've watched these guys box and it's like a slapfight.
Jzilla you know stuff but you are waaaay off on this ....

Bar Fight - you have a better chance as the lack of manuvering room and your size negates his speed. But still most likely that the pro takes you out.

I can't agree with this. We're talking about a featherweight. 125 pounds or less. :no: Outside a ring, against a 6', 200 lbs or more opponent.. :no: In a ring, win by decision due to technical skill, obviously. No holds barred... featherweight has no chance. Too weak. Sorry. I've watched these guys box and it's like a slapfight.
Are you a featherweight boxer? If so, I apologize.But seriously. Those guys are basically jockeys.

if we assume the 200 pound amateur has no idea how to defend himself, wouldn't the boxing match just be the 125 pound boxer hitting him over and over and over and over again?

even if they don't have much punching power, if someone hits you 300 times or whatever, I'm sure there would be a cumulative effect.

I can't agree with this. We're talking about a featherweight. 125 pounds or less. :no: Outside a ring, against a 6', 200 lbs or more opponent.. :no: In a ring, win by decision due to technical skill, obviously. No holds barred... featherweight has no chance. Too weak. Sorry. I've watched these guys box and it's like a slapfight.
Are you a featherweight boxer? If so, I apologize.But seriously. Those guys are basically jockeys.
:no: but still :no: Jockey's who'll lay you out w/ one shot

I'm willing to bet that a 125 pound professional boxer can generate more punching power than the average 200 pound man.
Take it down to a 20-35 year old 200 pound man and you've got a bet.Those guys don't even hurt each other. It's all technical. Seriously. They are too small. This is not an ego thing with me. I'll easily admit most males will beat my ###. But these dudes are like 12-year-old girl small. No way.

I'm willing to bet that a 125 pound professional boxer can generate more punching power than the average 200 pound man.
Take it down to a 20-35 year old 200 pound man and you've got a bet.Those guys don't even hurt each other. It's all technical. Seriously. They are too small. This is not an ego thing with me. I'll easily admit most males will beat my ###. But these dudes are like 12-year-old girl small. No way.
:no: All I'm saying is right here.

if we assume the 200 pound amateur has no idea how to defend himself, wouldn't the boxing match just be the 125 pound boxer hitting him over and over and over and over again?
OK so now the 200 lb amateur is a giant clam who's been yanked from a shell.Obviously, we're talking a reasonably healthy man in his 20's or 30's. Is everyone here completely unable to defend himself against a scrappy midget?

I think you only feel this way because you are watching them box/fight other qualified people who don't take many clean shots right to the kisser. Even last night Mayweather who I think is one of the weaker boxers had damaged De La Hoya's eye in the 1st few rounds. These guys look like they may be slapping at each other but sub yourself for the other dude and you are bleeding like a stuck pig because you have no clue how to move or defend your face. Don't mean this directly at you zilla, just in general. Most people suck at fighting, hence a pro is gonna bust you up 10 out of 10 times.

OK so now the 200 lb amateur is a giant clam who's been yanked from a shell.Obviously, we're talking a reasonably healthy man in his 20's or 30's. Is everyone here completely unable to defend himself against a scrappy midget?
:no:

I think you only feel this way because you are watching them box/fight other qualified people who don't take many clean shots right to the kisser. Even last night Mayweather who I think is one of the weaker boxers had damaged De La Hoya's eye in the 1st few rounds. These guys look like they may be slapping at each other but sub yourself for the other dude and you are bleeding like a stuck pig because you have no clue how to move or defend your face. Don't mean this directly at you zilla, just in general. Most people suck at fighting, hence a pro is gonna bust you up 10 out of 10 times.
OK I've admitted in a ring any of us would lose (by decision and with a considerable amount of long-term body soreness). But we're talking street fight, where you can grab this ewok and put him on the wall. No chance? I don't think so.

I'm not saying it is no advantage. What I am saying is that you probably don't punch people a regular basis, are not as fast a boxer regardless of his size, and you don't regularly get struck in the head. I think you'd lose to pro boxer 5'4 and up. Again the beating would unreal. You'd be down in minutes. Like someone earlier mentioned you'd be better off against a heavy weight who is a tad bit slower and you may be able to tackle him to the ground. You are ####ed either way.
You are making this sound like I have no ability to defend or fight back.In your head I must be the midget?

Users who are viewing this thread