What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which non-starting (drafted) rookie RB has biggest impact? (1 Viewer)

Which one?

• Lorenzo Booker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Bush

• Kenneth Darby

• Chris Henry

• Tony Hunt

• Kenny Irons

• Antonio Pittman

• Kolby Smith

• Garrett Wolfe

• Other (name below)

• Total voters

-X-

Footballguy
Opinions and speculations wanted, as I'm looking to draft a third RB in a 16-team dynasty league.

Bah, this was supposed to be a poll, forgot to hit 'Close Poll' before I submitted the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Chris Henry was drafted to be a possible starter and has the best shot of any of these RB's to get the starting job.

This season, Hunt.
What's the thinking here jurb? Predicting injury for Westy, or lots of goaline touches for Hunt? Both?
Westy always gets hurt. There is really no prediction needed for that. I think he'll miss minimal time this year as he has pretty much his whole career. I just think Hunt is going to be a great fit for Philly. He runs hard inside and gets the tough yards. Pretty much exactly what Philly needs IMO. I'm not saying he will be a GL vulture because Philly likes to pass too much down there. Only that I think he will find himself on the field with a purpose. Which is more than I can say for pretty much everyone else on that list.

I think Hunt too. He'll take over the role Buckhalter enjoyed befoe his injury a few years ago and relieve Westbrook (who isn't getting any younger). And untimately, who knows? Eventual starter?

i think henry would have the best situation right now, but he is nothing but a workout warrior. so, i would have to go with booker. ronnie brown hasn't proven himself to be real durable. even if he does stay healthy, i see booker getting some decent use as a change of pace back.

I think the trend for this year is gonna be teams looking for the next Reggie Bush.

Teams are gonna be coming up with plays to get two tailbacks on the field at the same time so they can utilize these scat back types they've just drafted.

With that said, I think Booker, Hunt, Irons, and even Garrett Wolfe have the best chances of putting up decent RB3 type numbers.

Henry was drafted to motivate Fatdale, but as bad as his reviews have been, I think he could become the actual starter in TEN!

I jumped on the scat back train this year and drafted Irons. I don't really expect much from him this year, but I think they will certainly find ways to get him on the field and take advantage of his explosiveness...since explosive Rudi is not.

:rolleyes:

*eta*

I voted Hunt because I think Reid is the best offensive mind of all the coaches those RB's play for (with the exception of Payton maybe) and he'll find a way to utilize Hunt.

Now that Ricky is gone (for good), Booker actually looks like a decent option, I read the Dolphins will try to use him as the Saints use Reggie Bush. Chris Henry and M. Bush were recently taken near the bottom of round three (of seven), the rest of the guys on that list are still available (nine picks to go).

Hunt won't have an impact that much, if at all, this year.

Andy Reid's offense is complicated, and this kept Westy and Ryan Moats on the bench for the first half of their rookie years. Moats wasn't even active for 8-10 games IIRC.

Also, Hunt is the better understudy to C-Buck rather than Westy.

I believe the Bengals drafted Irons to be the replacement for the always I.R.'d C.Perry. Everybody was so high on Perry for the last couple years, but he's gotten hurt and has dissappointed and eventually forgotten. Go just beyond your short-term memory, and remember the kind of #s Perry was projected for, and how high he was being drafted. Now, remember two seasons ago at Auburn. Irons won the job from Lester and never looked back. He went into last year ranked as possibly the 2nd best back to AD. Irons was easily, pound-for-pound the toughest back in football. He's always falling forward, fighting for the extra yard and refusing to let the 1st guy bring him down. He lost some explosion last year after battling nagging injuries last year, including an early-season high-ankle sprain. By the last game of the season, and more so by the Senior Bowl, Irons looked to be regaining some of his burst. I expect the 1 year recovery of the high-ankle sprain is nearing 100% by now, and he will definately be seing the field at some point early in the season. Irons was an early draft pick for a reason, and he'll get his shot and, IMO he will excel. Possibly could even supplant Rudi in a couple years.

I was going "other" as a vote for Bradshaw, but then I realized starters were disqualified...

Bradshaw is a valid candidate for an 'other' vote, as he isn't projected to be a starter, like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and Brandon Jackson are.

Users who are viewing this thread