Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Heya Bruce, first off, top-notch tools- worth more than the price of admission all by themselves! Anyway, I had two functionality requests for you to consider adding this year.

First off, in the Projections Dominator, instead of just getting the stats for a specific player for the last 3 seasons, could we get the stats produced by that offensive unit and the breakdown of those stats? For instance, I'm thinking of Travis Henry in Denver. His stats from last year won't be meaningful... so could we get the stats for Denver's Rushing Game from the last 3 seasons, and then have the ability to adjust that projection from there (for instance, say that the unit will decline 10%, and that the individual player will get 40% of the points, or 70% of the points, or whatever?)

It would be incredibly useful for players switching teams (for instance, how Willis McGahee performed the last 3 seasons is nice, but I want to know how Baltimore's running game performed, too). It would also be a great way to make projections for teams with multiple players at a position (i.e. New Orleans with Bush and McAllister), since you could easily just make a projections pie and then divide it up between the players.

My other functionality request is for the PD and DD both- is there any way you could set it up so that we could store two (or, ideally, three) different sets of projections and then just toggle between them? Specifically, I'm thinking of floor and ceiling projections. A player who I project to 150 points with a ceiling of 180 and a floor of 120 is a lot different than a player I project to 150 points with a ceiling of 250 and a floor of 50 (I'd tend to lean towards the first player more early in the draft and the second player more late, for instance). It would be great if we could quickly and easily switch between our floor, ceiling, and average projections.

I completely understand if neither feature makes it into the tools (I understand this is probably a very busy time of the year for you :confused:), but it never hurts to ask, right? Thanks a bunch for your time, either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be a big deal to include QBs as potential flexed positions? I like to play around with the tool, but it never values QBs the way our league does, cause we can flex QBs (making even Alex Smith, Charlie Frye, and Losman valuable commodities!). When looking at the team strength comparisons, the flex strength is never right, cause even if you are stocked with a bunch of lesser QBs for your flex slots, they are not included in the calculation.

Would it be a big deal to include QBs as potential flexed positions? I like to play around with the tool, but it never values QBs the way our league does, cause we can flex QBs (making even Alex Smith, Charlie Frye, and Losman valuable commodities!). When looking at the team strength comparisons, the flex strength is never right, cause even if you are stocked with a bunch of lesser QBs for your flex slots, they are not included in the calculation.

There's actually an easy way to do this. On the lineup requirements, put 0 for the flex spot. Then you can simply enter decimals for each start requirement. For example, if you wanted QB/RB/WR/TE to be eligible flex players and all weighted equally, you would put in an additional .25 for each position. Assuming your starters are 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE you would put in the starters as :1.25QB2.25RB3.25WR1.25TEAnd to make it even better, you can tweak the decimals up or down a little in order to "weight" what position(s) you feel are more important. Personally, I would go with 1.3QB/2.5RB/3.2WR/1TEGL.

Archived