What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (4 Viewers)

Woz

Footballguy
I mentioned in the other thread that I'm bored out of my ####### mind where I'm living now and the two or so dates in the last couple months isn't cutting it. Never considered joining some online dating site because I've (and people in my social circles) have always considered it pretty damn ridiculous. But Drifter claims to have met his wife there, and he seems like a cool dude, and this #### is getting very popular, so I figure it might be more effective than simply heading out to the bars here in small town MN or hoping the alcoholics I live with bring home some friend under 150 lbs. Thinking if I did this I may as well have some fun with it and get some input on here... I just checked the site quickly and did the temp join and I see they do searches by area code so the two areas I'd look for are 56301 (within prob 40 miles or so - not much around here) and 55418 (prob within like 20 miles).

Think this is worth a shot? Anyone have any positive or negative experiences specifically with match.com?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usual21 said:
Drifter said:
I met my bride to be on Match. I also met a few dozen nut bags, sluts, #####es and borderline psychopaths. It's all about volume.
My nieghbor said the same thing. I used to see his dates do the walk of shame at least twice a month.
This looks promising...

My BIL used it for awhile and met some seriously crazy women (not in a good way). He went on three dates with three different women and got lucky once (with a Chinese immigrant who he could only understand about 1/2 of what she was saying.)

Good Luck and be sure to put in the profile under body type slim or skinny.

Best friend met his fiance on match.com.

Business partner met his wife on match.com

I met Mrs. Code on eHarmony.com.

More broadly the consensus seems to be, match.com is stronger for the socially-minded (read: more hooking up) while eHarmony is stronger for the wedlock-minded (read: more talking about your feelings)...

More broadly the consensus seems to be, match.com is stronger for the socially-minded (read: more hooking up) while eHarmony is stronger for the wedlock-minded (read: more talking about your feelings)...
Agreed. I did eHarmony and almost every girl I went out with was looking for a long-term relationship. None were nutty sluts -- though some had issues with commitment and communication. I met my girlfriend there and we will probably get engaged this summer. I never did Match but I've heard stories to confirm it's more of a hookup place (though not as much as Craigslist.) However, one of my college friends met her husband on there.

I have a good friend that's marrying a gal that he met on Match.com.
Same here. Guy that was the best man in my wedding is engaged to a really great woman he met on Match. He is really picky about his women, but found a good one. He did date a number that just didn't work out, but as someone posted earlier, like traditional dating it is a numbers game

My BIL used it for awhile and met some seriously crazy women (not in a good way). He went on three dates with three different women and got lucky once (with a Chinese immigrant who he could only understand about 1/2 of what she was saying.) Good Luck and be sure to put in the profile under body type slim or skinny.
So he might not have understood her saying no....good strategy. :thumbup:

oh boy do I have stories... :bye:
Let's hear some! :wall:
one chick sent me a pic that obviously wasn't her and then admitted (on the first date no less) that she slept with over 36 dudes (she was 22 years old) AND was :bag: by a pair of brothers. To this day, I don't know if she meant actual brothers or black guys.
Well did she ask about your family or friends?
No, she pretty much had food in her mouth the whole time.

Let's hear some! :wall:
one chick sent me a pic that obviously wasn't her and then admitted (on the first date no less) that she slept with over 36 dudes (she was 22 years old) AND was :bag: by a pair of brothers. To this day, I don't know if she meant actual brothers or black guys.
Was she hot?

Let's hear some! :lmao:
one chick sent me a pic that obviously wasn't her and then admitted (on the first date no less) that she slept with over 36 dudes (she was 22 years old) AND was :lmao: by a pair of brothers. To this day, I don't know if she meant actual brothers or black guys.
Was she hot?
5'2, 160 lbs, slept with 30+ guys in a little over 22 years and looked like a bush baby.Not hot.

Let's hear some! :lmao:
one chick sent me a pic that obviously wasn't her and then admitted (on the first date no less) that she slept with over 36 dudes (she was 22 years old) AND was :lmao: by a pair of brothers. To this day, I don't know if she meant actual brothers or black guys.
Was she hot?
5'2, 160 lbs, slept with 30+ guys in a little over 22 years and looked like a bush baby.Not hot.
What is a bush baby?

Let's hear some! :unsure:
one chick sent me a pic that obviously wasn't her and then admitted (on the first date no less) that she slept with over 36 dudes (she was 22 years old) AND was :blackdot: by a pair of brothers. To this day, I don't know if she meant actual brothers or black guys.
Was she hot?
Whooooaa, little mister. Sounds like somebody is being just a *little* bit picky, aren't they?

Woz - My tips on online dating:

1. Beware of chicks that don't have pictures or won't send you some immdiately. I'd say stay away entirely but my fiance dind't have a pic but in her first email to me (she contacted me), she said she had one and would send it.

2. Put some effort into your profile. It's not just a summary of who you are, it's an advertisement. Think of it that way and you'll have success with women contacting you (at least half my dates were with chicks that liked my profile and contacted me first). Be witty, be as honest as possible and be different

3. When you contact women do not use a form email. Like your profile, you need to be witty and different. These women (especially the hot ones) are getting dozens of emails per day. Why does yours stand out? Make sure you mention something about their profile or interests or they will assume you just liked the picture.

4. Slim and skinny are good. Athletic is mostly good. Average is sketchy territory as a woman's definition of average can vary wildly. Don't write it off entirely, but be wary.

5. Do not email for weeks before meeting. Meet as early as possible. Email chemistry does not equal face to face chemistry. Nothing is worse than emailing someone dozens of times only to find out there's nothing there when you're face to face. Also, women tend to develop a picture in their head when they email a guy for a while. They build him up to such a degree that it's hard to live up to the idea when you meet face to face.

6. Keep the first date simple - coffee, drinks, a walk in the park. Stay away from a planned dinner or a complex date. I once spent the day at the zoo with a girl that I had no attraction to whatsoever.

7. Be prepared to be rejected and be prepared to date a woman who is undoubtedly dating other guys at first. As mentioned, it's a numbers game - for both sides.

8. I know you're normally opposed to it, but there's nothing wrong with a casual fling to make sure the plumbing is working. Some of those will definitely come your way - go with the flow.

9. Change your profile occasionally. This will re-sort your profile in the searches. Both my fiance and I had been on for a few months but had never seen each other's profiles (hers mainly because she didn't have a picture up). One day, after I had changed mine, it finally came up in one of her searches.

10. Do the personality and physical compatibility profiles. They will turn up different searches than you would normally get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :thumbup: Is it really worth this cost?

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :thumbup: Is it really worth this cost?
if you want to get laid, yes. you could pretty easily have a date set up for every night of the week.

Woz - My tips on online dating:5. Do not email for weeks before meeting. 6. Keep the first date simple - coffee, drinks, a walk in the park. Stay away from a planned dinner or a complex date. I once spent the day at the zoo with a girl that I had no attraction to whatsoever.
These two are where I predict Woz will blow it.

Woz - My tips on online dating:5. Do not email for weeks before meeting. 6. Keep the first date simple - coffee, drinks, a walk in the park. Stay away from a planned dinner or a complex date. I once spent the day at the zoo with a girl that I had no attraction to whatsoever.
I can handle myself at the start of dating just fine. Why the #### would I want to be constantly e-mailing some girl? Also, I'm way too cheap to pay for a nice dinner right off the bat.

I can handle myself at the start of dating just fine. Why the #### would I want to be constantly e-mailing some girl? Also, I'm way too cheap to pay for a nice dinner right off the bat.
Why the #### would you constantly be talking to your ex-girl? That's the same reason I predict you will be constantly emailing e-girls.

boy, I can't stress drifter's point of not emailing for weeks enough. get a nice chat going, talk to her for a while and then get the meeting out of the way. a week tops.

This thread is creepier than the Lord of the Rings thread.nomarriage.com
why? I'm not looking to marry these girls, I'm just bored. BTW I have a dental question for you about teeth grindng... would you mind a pm?

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :goodposting: Is it really worth this cost?
Don't they have a 60 day guarantee or something now?
Gotta been 6 months at 17 a pop then if nothing happens they give you six more. Not too enticing. Just checking out the profiles on this site is almost embarassing.

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :hot: Is it really worth this cost?
Gotta been 6 months at 17 a pop then if nothing happens they give you six more. Not too enticing. Just checking out the profiles on this site is almost embarassing.
Where are you? Minnesota? I can see that. It might vary wildly from market to market. Denver was stock full of choices (along with a lot of awful ones).You also need to narrow the search by body type.

Well I got the account set up, but 35 bucks a month seems a bit steep (I'm pretty poor). :lmao: Is it really worth this cost?
Where are you? Minnesota? I can see that. It might vary wildly from market to market. Denver was stock full of choices (along with a lot of awful ones).You also need to narrow the search by body type.
That helped somewhat. Of the girls now listed http://www.match.com/search/searchSubmit.a...amp;lid=1000005 I'd be interested in about three of them. Pixie2010 is about the only one I'd really be interested in but AMBO and pilatequeen could be wortwhile... so ten bucks a piece to send them an e-mail?

Users who are viewing this thread