What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (3 Viewers)

All signed up. Damn that took awhile. Got 7 initial matches, only one of them is of any interest. can't find the damn guided communication option so since she is a fellow attorney I sent a message poking fun at her for being work and explaining why two attorneys could either work really well or not at all.

Dr. Awesome, your pm box is full. Send me a message when you clear it.
Look at this guy. The Man is right - no matter what your approach (and I think the nice guy/romantic is your wheelhouse), having a bit more of this attitude will go a long ways. :thumbup: PM sent. In your pictures be sure to show a wide range of activities. Softball is okay. Or at least one other type of outdoorsy activity. Have one or two with you in casual clothes with friends (look how popular I am!). Make sure you post a picture of you in a suit. If you have hot chicks on your arms in one or two pictures that doesn't hurt (but not all as you'll look too much like a player). And include one totally goofy picture (most of my pictures are of the goofy type - I'm shocked how much attention they get but ladies apparently love us funny men as long as we're not totally hideous). Between all that you're casting a wide net that will capture all but the chicks who jump your bones if you have a shirtless pic of you next to a Mercedes.

All three told me in person I come across as a bit of an ##### via texts/email but am a totally nice guy in person.
Pretty much the ideal vibe for iDating. :thumbup:
Thanks krista. I'm blessed as I seem to have a good balance here. As far as the communication...well, that varies. The biggest thing too few people understand is there is NO one solution for everyone. Aside from confidence (though there are chicks who like a pushover), you can go with just about any routine and you'll be set. I sometimes take a few weeks of slow emails back and forth through the site with some chick. Other times I've met the chick that night. As long as you're not too pushy you'll be fine. What I usually write is something along these lines:So...we've gone past the whole standard line of questioning and made sure the other isn't too creepy/weird/clingy to meet for coffee. Instead of wasting our talking points via email how about we continue this conversation over some drinks?I don't understand the guys who want to get her to email asap. What's the point? Is the chick so dumb she's going to stop going to whatever dating site you found her simply because you two are exchanging emails? I not only recognize there are other dudes in my way, I will sometimes openly mock the competition. Hell, I'll even ask about a guy I'm up against. If he's so great she wouldn't be flirting with me. I'm fairly certain Stu says to NEVER ask about any other dates. It's a big part of my style. :shrug:

Is the same advice being really being given out on page 137 that was given out on page 37?
It's dating. It's not that hard. It's the same advice that was given out every dozen or so pages. Sometimes you just need to say it over and over again until it sinks in. It's the same advice that will be given out 5 years from now.

All signed up. Damn that took awhile. Got 7 initial matches, only one of them is of any interest. can't find the damn guided communication option so since she is a fellow attorney I sent a message poking fun at her for being work and explaining why two attorneys could either work really well or not at all.
Go for the 6 that you have limited interest in. Think of them as training wheels. I hope your explanation came with a powerpoint presentation. THAT would be good shtick.

Dr. Awesome, your pm box is full. Send me a message when you clear it.
Look at this guy. The Man is right - no matter what your approach (and I think the nice guy/romantic is your wheelhouse), having a bit more of this attitude will go a long ways. :thumbup: PM sent. In your pictures be sure to show a wide range of activities. Softball is okay. Or at least one other type of outdoorsy activity. Have one or two with you in casual clothes with friends (look how popular I am!). Make sure you post a picture of you in a suit. If you have hot chicks on your arms in one or two pictures that doesn't hurt (but not all as you'll look too much like a player). And include one totally goofy picture (most of my pictures are of the goofy type - I'm shocked how much attention they get but ladies apparently love us funny men as long as we're not totally hideous). Between all that you're casting a wide net that will capture all but the chicks who jump your bones if you have a shirtless pic of you next to a Mercedes.
Dude, for whatever reason it just won't let me send you a pm. Is your inbox full?

Is the same advice being really being given out on page 137 that was given out on page 37?
It's dating. It's not that hard. It's the same advice that was given out every dozen or so pages. Sometimes you just need to say it over and over again until it sinks in. It's the same advice that will be given out 5 years from now.
I know....just busting woz's balls since he started this thread :thumbup:

I don't understand the guys who want to get her to email asap. What's the point? Is the chick so dumb she's going to stop going to whatever dating site you found her simply because you two are exchanging emails? I not only recognize there are other dudes in my way, I will sometimes openly mock the competition. Hell, I'll even ask about a guy I'm up against. If he's so great she wouldn't be flirting with me. I'm fairly certain Stu says to NEVER ask about any other dates. It's a big part of my style. :shrug:
I don't think I've ever said this. :shrug: I might go there if the girl is playful enough.I think the email thing is for people who have the dating sites blocked at work. Other than that, there's no reason to ask for her email prior to meeting. Phone number, yes... but only after the first meet is set. And preferably only for a "on my way" or "running late" type of text.

After the first meeting, I'd suggest texting instead of going back to the dating site communications.

Update: Going to be starting a plentyoffish profile and looking to give the reins to Dr. Awesome (and Stu to if interested but i'm trying not to dry up that well). did this with keys myaths a few years ago and it was great shtick - he set me up on like three dates.

ETA: Dr. Awesome is in. This could be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got four invites for communications all this morning from girls. Gotta be a good sign and start. Don't think I've heard anything though from the girls who I fired messages off to last night.

Also, apparently some "dating coach" will be calling me at some point. This will be good!

'Zow said:
Please post that message. I put the over/under on word count at 400.
Don't think I've heard anything though from the girls who I fired messages off to last night.
Shocking. Guess it turned out that more than one of the 7 initial matches was of any interest.I like the studied casualness of "Don't think I've heard anything...." Yeah, I don't think so either, because you would have been in here asking Dr. Awesome to write your reply the second one of them wrote you.

Why are you guys doing eHarmony? I was under the impression that eHarmony was for super serious, find your soul mate relationships?

Any thoughts on Match.com?

'Zow said:
Update: Going to be starting a plentyoffish profile and looking to give the reins to Dr. Awesome (and Stu to if interested but i'm trying not to dry up that well). did this with keys myaths a few years ago and it was great shtick - he set me up on like three dates.ETA: Dr. Awesome is in. This could be good.
:lmao:Totally forgot about that.

'Zow said:
Don't think I've heard anything though from the girls who I fired messages off to last night.
Shocking. Guess it turned out that more than one of the 7 initial matches was of any interest.I like the studied casualness of "Don't think I've heard anything...." Yeah, I don't think so either, because you would have been in here asking Dr. Awesome to write your reply the second one of them wrote you.
If you're getting a response from every chick you're either dropping too few lines or George Clooney.

Why are you guys doing eHarmony? I was under the impression that eHarmony was for super serious, find your soul mate relationships? Any thoughts on Match.com?
For me I like the fact that eharmony is more anonymous and discrete. I am an attorney in my town and don't want my picture plastered all over the Internet on the match dating site for anyone that wants to do a search. Anyone can find you on match whereas on eharmony I like the fact that only your matches are able to see your profile. Also, I am actually looking for someone to ultimately settle down with so I would prefer to be communicating with someone that has some compatability with me. I also thought match had far more guys to girls whereas the ratio of guys to girls is far more favorable for guys on eharmony.

Why are you guys doing eHarmony? I was under the impression that eHarmony was for super serious, find your soul mate relationships? Any thoughts on Match.com?
For me I like the fact that eharmony is more anonymous and discrete. I am an attorney in my town and don't want my picture plastered all over the Internet on the match dating site for anyone that wants to do a search. Anyone can find you on match whereas on eharmony I like the fact that only your matches are able to see your profile. Also, I am actually looking for someone to ultimately settle down with so I would prefer to be communicating with someone that has some compatability with me. I also thought match had far more guys to girls whereas the ratio of guys to girls is far more favorable for guys on eharmony.
I'm looking for all the wrong guys so which site does that?

I have only read the first 85 pages of this thread so far...is there still an underground railroad of sorts that I can join in on? :bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:
'Zow said:
:rolleyes:1. I think the message was two lines. Something like, "Do you think two attorneys could actually work? Sounds scary to me." It's short, points out the fact that we arevery similar people seemingly compatible, yet poses a challenge to her. If she is as stubborn and competitive as most female attorneys, and if she likes what she sees in my pictures, she'll want to prove me wrong. 2. I'm not accessing the site at work. I said I don't think because I haven't received an e-mail notification - but I'm not positive they send one if someone replies. I also send the messages last night at like midnight so they'd have to have instantlyreplied or be vampires to have gotten back to me in time for that post.

Plentyoffish is used mostly for hooking up I think. However, I'd say the first date put-out rate has been about equal across all sites. As Dr. Awesome said if you want to get laid just show up and make sure to suggest drinks, lots of drinks, then a cab to your place ( except not driven by your now ex? if so, sorry to hear about that).

1. I think the message was two lines. Something like, "Do you think two attorneys could actually work? Sounds scary to me." It's short, points out the fact that we arevery similar people seemingly compatible, yet poses a challenge to her. If she is as stubborn and competitive as most female attorneys, and if she likes what she sees in my pictures, she'll want to prove me wrong.
You're overthinking this. If she finds you attractive and you don't say anything too creepy in your profile/initial greeting you're set. If she doesn't think you're cute and have a decent job you're screwed no matter what you say. It's not a matter of appealing to her competitive nature. Your line wasn't anything I'd use but it's not horrible.

Oh, I listed "intimacy" as one of my "Top 5 Things I can't Live Without." Good call or no?

This one.

1. I think the message was two lines. Something like, "Do you think two attorneys could actually work? Sounds scary to me." It's short, points out the fact that we arevery similar people seemingly compatible, yet poses a challenge to her. If she is as stubborn and competitive as most female attorneys, and if she likes what she sees in my pictures, she'll want to prove me wrong.
You're overthinking this. If she finds you attractive and you don't say anything too creepy in your profile/initial greeting you're set. If she doesn't think you're cute and have a decent job you're screwed no matter what you say. It's not a matter of appealing to her competitive nature. Your line wasn't anything I'd use but it's not horrible.
i read "do you think two attorneys could actually work" as some sorta fishing line for a long-term relationship :shrug: and it's way over-thought at any rate

Bad call imo. Everybody wants sex/intimacy.
yeah, it seemed like the cocky/forward thing to do when I did it last night but now that Im thinking about it, it looks pretty dumb. Especially when squished between "baseball" and "warm weather"

Plentyoffish is used mostly for hooking up I think. However, I'd say the first date put-out rate has been about equal across all sites. As Dr. Awesome said if you want to get laid just show up and make sure to suggest drinks, lots of drinks, then a cab to your place ( except not driven by your now ex? if so, sorry to hear about that).
He's my ex in all ways but the formality of divorce. Too many kids at my place, cab to his place? Then I get to leave when I want. Isn't that the shark move?

This one.
:lmao: Despite some crazy accusations, I don't think this is the place to find a fbuddy.

This one.
:lmao:

Update: just 24 hrs. in I think I have a date already set up on eharmony. Just created a plentyoffish account and, before I relinquish control to Dr. Awesome, sent out some sarcastic messages to the hottest chicks I could find out there. Bit disappointed POF doesn't permit more photos because I think I actually have some good ones this time around. Will let Dr. Awesome comment on my work so far though.

Update: just 24 hrs. in I think I have a date already set up on eharmony. Just created a plentyoffish account and, before I relinquish control to Dr. Awesome, sent out some sarcastic messages to the hottest chicks I could find out there. Bit disappointed POF doesn't permit more photos because I think I actually have some good ones this time around. Will let Dr. Awesome comment on my work so far though.
:lmao: Why would you do this? If you're really giving him control you shouldn't have even made your profile viewable on your own, much less fire off messages.IIRC, POF allows five pictures. That's plenty.

Update: two dates set up. Really kinda like the one too - she works for major league baseball!

Figure I'll set up at least two more tonight :coffee:

Oh, and is there some program where if you are >22 with a decent job and are attractive you are given a free dog or something?

I swear EVERY girl on these sites has a damn dog, most of them huge.

Oh, and is there some program where if you are >22 with a decent job and are attractive you are given a free dog or something?I swear EVERY girl on these sites has a damn dog, most of them huge.
So true and many own multiple labs.Woz are you already pulling dates off of eharmony by going straight to email, or are you getting the dates off of your POF profile? (b/c that is some speedy work)

Oh, and is there some program where if you are >22 with a decent job and are attractive you are given a free dog or something?I swear EVERY girl on these sites has a damn dog, most of them huge.
So true and many own multiple labs.Woz are you already pulling dates off of eharmony by going straight to email, or are you getting the dates off of your POF profile? (b/c that is some speedy work)
Eharmony. got three in the communication stages already and have dates Friday, saturday, and next Tuesday. My phone was buzzing all days with e-mails from both sites too. About to dive into them now..

Users who are viewing this thread