What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (3 Viewers)

Update: with these dates set and other plans, and an ex coming in to see me the following weekend, trying to figure out how I'm going to fit these new onesthat are in the communication stage in.

Gotta say though some really impressive options in this area.

How much does the eHarmony cost? Are these chicks with some sort of baggage (divorced once already or have kids)?

How much does the eHarmony cost? Are these chicks with some sort of baggage (divorced once already or have kids)?
i think i paid like 120 for six months? And nope, no baggage - i put both divorced and kids in as a deal-breaker.

Why are you guys doing eHarmony? I was under the impression that eHarmony was for super serious, find your soul mate relationships?
Bump... isn't eHarmony for the "gotta find a wife soon" crowd? Not so much the casual dating?
This is the impression they give, which is probably why the male/female ratio is good. No one says it has to work out.
Yeah, but it attracts a certain 'type' of female more than others...

Why are you guys doing eHarmony? I was under the impression that eHarmony was for super serious, find your soul mate relationships?
Bump... isn't eHarmony for the "gotta find a wife soon" crowd? Not so much the casual dating?
This is the impression they give, which is probably why the male/female ratio is good. No one says it has to work out.
The desperate type?

The desperate type?
:goodposting: On eharmony you're going to find more professional-type girls who come off as being there for noble reasons and/or don't want to go to the bars to meet guys because it appears slutty. Based on my experiences, though, they are just as open to hooking up as any of the girls on the other sites. Eharmony does a nice job of not marketing it to to appear that isn't the case, though.

i put both divorced and kids in as a deal-breaker.
You're missing out on a large gold-mine of short term fun here GB.
True, but I'm actually in the mood for something monogamous.
The minute you move to a city full of attractive girls? :doh:
No kidding. Basically it's the opposite of what you should be doing. You're in a new place, live it up, use these random girls to increase your pool of contacts/friends, live by the seat of your pants for a while and enjoy the ride.

No kidding. Basically it's the opposite of what you should be doing. You're in a new place, live it up, use these random girls to increase your pool of contacts/friends, live by the seat of your pants for a while and enjoy the ride.
Exactly. His social circle is going to be very small if he girlfriends-up too soon.

Eh, I have an opportunity at work right now where if I bust my ### I can really do well. I want to dedicate my time and stress to that so, knowing myself, it'll be easier to do when I'm not concerned where my next date or action is coming from. A girlfriend allows me to do that.

Crazy development: so I was casually checking out eharmony at some of my recent communication request and am looking at the photos of this one girl who requested we communicate. I nearly spit out my drink when from the second picture on she is a body double for the ex. I mean, even the smile is identical. same skin, hair, body type, it's uncanny. Needless to say I'm flying through this particular intro process.

this could be either really really awesome or a complete and utter trainwreck.

Update: first date last night. Cute little 4'11" red head hygienist. Date actually lasted 8 hours. Awesome conversation where she actually got more attractive to me as time went on. seeing her again on Wednesday. all the right signs were there, got the numerous compliments, she laughed at my sexual jokes, got the playful hand slaps and "accidental" touching. Good times.

Got another date tomorrow, but this was definitely a nice early kickstart to this idating thing. God bless my new area.

Crazy development: so I was casually checking out eharmony at some of my recent communication request and am looking at the photos of this one girl who requested we communicate. I nearly spit out my drink when from the second picture on she is a body double for the ex. I mean, even the smile is identical. same skin, hair, body type, it's uncanny. Needless to say I'm flying through this particular intro process.

On a sad note, haven't heard from this chick in about 24 hrs and the site tells me she's been online today :sadbanana:

On a sad note, haven't heard from this chick in about 24 hrs and the site tells me she's been online today :sadbanana:
Don't sweat it and it's probably just as well. You don't need someone that will keep reminding you of your ex.

Don't sweat it and it's probably just as well. You don't need someone that will keep reminding you of your ex.
ar you new to this site?

Mega-update:

After successful first Sunday date, went out on date number two last night. Give her ton of initial props because she basically pulled a capella on me. She texted me that she had beaten me to the restaurant and was "the girl in the hat." So, I go to where we agreed to meet up and notice a little bit older looking lady with a hat one having a drink with her friend. I slowly drudge over debating what to do. I about get to the lady when a young brunette is heard laughing hysterically. I look over and it is the girl in her pictures. immediate good sense of humor. I sit down with her and she seems totally normal and cool, but almost immediately when she turns her face it seems to morph into something weird looking. Best I could describe is a character from Dr. Seuss. I do my best to ignore it, which turned out to be a good thing as this girl reveals she works in major league baseball (how cool is that??). We talk baseball, she gives me insight into some of the lives and personalities of the top guys, and we have a good time. Still though there'd be points where she would just appear, well, odd. She wasn't in super tight shape, but wasn't fat either. Just weird. Great conversation though, but not certain I'll call her again. She tells me at the end of the date she has quit eharmony and is totally thankful because this was her tenth date, she had made a promise to quit at ten, and was the first good one she had. So, I consider it a success.

Went out again tonight with the little redhead. Enjoyable dinner. Got all the right signs. Invited her over and we drank some wine by my pool, I five-questioned gamed her and won a backrub, then got said backrub along with a good make-out session. she resisted a little and I let her. Great girl, just not sure I feel it all the way physically. I am learning I have a type and tiny isn't it. Will likely go out with her again though, and pretty certain she'd be my gf if I asked her.

got a date with a new girl tomorrow night, another on Friday, and, in the best of the updates, the ex dead look alike finally got back to me and wants to go out, amongst like 4 other girls down and several new messages I haven't even gotten to yet. racistEx is supposed to come and stay the weekend and i'm almost to the point she flakes. I could conceivably have a date every night for the next two weeks. Couldn't be happier with this site. It's like a menu of hot new chicks every day.

I've only skimmed the last two pages, but there is plenty of gold in here.

All the recent talk in the thread is over eHarmony and Plenty of Fish - is Match mostly just for loser dudes and chicks who are teachers/nurses? That's been my experience in perusing the site (and I count myself in the "loser dude category")...

:popcorn:

Mega-update:

After successful first Sunday date, went out on date number two last night. Give her ton of initial props because she basically pulled a capella on me. She texted me that she had beaten me to the restaurant and was "the girl in the hat." So, I go to where we agreed to meet up and notice a little bit older looking lady with a hat one having a drink with her friend. I slowly drudge over debating what to do. I about get to the lady when a young brunette is heard laughing hysterically. I look over and it is the girl in her pictures. immediate good sense of humor. I sit down with her and she seems totally normal and cool, but almost immediately when she turns her face it seems to morph into something weird looking. Best I could describe is a character from Dr. Seuss. I do my best to ignore it, which turned out to be a good thing as this girl reveals she works in major league baseball (how cool is that??). We talk baseball, she gives me insight into some of the lives and personalities of the top guys, and we have a good time. Still though there'd be points where she would just appear, well, odd. She wasn't in super tight shape, but wasn't fat either. Just weird. Great conversation though, but not certain I'll call her again. She tells me at the end of the date she has quit eharmony and is totally thankful because this was her tenth date, she had made a promise to quit at ten, and was the first good one she had. So, I consider it a success.

Went out again tonight with the little redhead. Enjoyable dinner. Got all the right signs. Invited her over and we drank some wine by my pool, I five-questioned gamed her and won a backrub, then got said backrub along with a good make-out session. she resisted a little and I let her. Great girl, just not sure I feel it all the way physically. I am learning I have a type and tiny isn't it. Will likely go out with her again though, and pretty certain she'd be my gf if I asked her.

got a date with a new girl tomorrow night, another on Friday, and, in the best of the updates, the ex dead look alike finally got back to me and wants to go out, amongst like 4 other girls down and several new messages I haven't even gotten to yet. racistEx is supposed to come and stay the weekend and i'm almost to the point she flakes. I could conceivably have a date every night for the next two weeks. Couldn't be happier with this site. It's like a menu of hot new chicks every day.
Good stuff. Be patient, man. Don't settle on the first chick with D's and half a brain.

Some of the most insane women/stories to have come out from internet dating from my friends are chicks from eHarmony.

Got to bang or at least go pretty far on the first date or she'll think you are either not that interested in her or aren't very masculine. You can think by not trying anything you are being a gent but she'll think you aren't that into her or you would have.

:goodposting: I never understood this way of thinking unless you are dead set on meeting someone to get married.
Because who wants to deal with any of that drama?
If you think women who have never been married/have kids don't have drama then you clearly don't date. In fact, many of those types of chicks have MORE drama in that they are desperate to get married/have kids because in their mind, time is quickly running out.

:goodposting: I never understood this way of thinking unless you are dead set on meeting someone to get married.
If you think women who have never been married/have kids don't have drama then you clearly don't date. In fact, many of those types of chicks have MORE drama in that they are desperate to get married/have kids because in their mind, time is quickly running out.
I know that all women have drama. If he's just looking to have fun then why would he want to deal with an ex-husband or an ex-husband and kids? How in the world is that any LESS drama? If anything those girls are MORE desperate because now they feel like they are damaged goods...

Generally the chicks I've met online or off with the least amount of issues/drama are:

1. Chicks 25 and under - most are still in the "I want to build my career" bs stage and while starting to think about getting married and have kids that's a long way off and most think they have many years and it can wait. Plus most of their friends aren't married or have kids so no pressure and the few that do are not happy.

2. Chicks who have been married and already have kids and it's clear they do not want to get married again. You'll know quickly if they fall into this type because chicks who are divorced with kids either want to get married and have more kids or they do not. They don't beat around the bush on that.

Worst drama/issues:

1. Never had kids and 27+ yrs old - could have been married or not it doesn't matter, they want kids..yesterday! If their sisters/brothers/friends are getting or just got married this ups the ante. Also many of their mother's are wondering why they aren't married and not a grandmother yet.

2. The more educated, the more insane. They have full control over their lives up to this point. Excelled all their life in school, have multiple or advanced degrees, great place to live, great job but can't land a great guy. This drives them insane because they think just because you are smart in school and have a great job, landing a great guy is no different. Out of all the girls I've ever dated the most insane chicks were a dentist, lawyer and doctor, all were smart and all were hot but all were way and beyond the normal insane stuff you see in women.

3. Divorced women with kids who had a bad marriage. Surprisingly many want to get married again to prove that they had nothing to do with their prior marriage failing and/or they realize now being single that money doesn't grow on trees and they need a man to support them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only skimmed the last two pages, but there is plenty of gold in here.All the recent talk in the thread is over eHarmony and Plenty of Fish - is Match mostly just for loser dudes and chicks who are teachers/nurses? That's been my experience in perusing the site (and I count myself in the "loser dude category")... :popcorn:
Here's my theory on that. These sites are a lot of work, so IMO it's best and most practical to do just one. In picking one, I'm going to go with the one with the better guy/girl ratio and where I don't have to open cold (because I'm an idiot when doing that, but can set up a pretty appealing profile). eharmony is also the most expensive so I think that helps weed out some of the weirdos. POF is almost always added though because, well, it's free and easy. I rarely check that site but in the past had some easy-hookup success when girls would message me. Sort of a nothing to lose approach there.

I know that all women have drama. If he's just looking to have fun then why would he want to deal with an ex-husband or an ex-husband and kids? How in the world is that any LESS drama? If anything those girls are MORE desperate because now they feel like they are damaged goods...
Most ex husbands are long gone from her and her kids lives. Sad but true. And the good moms aren't going to trot her kid around you. Also as I've just posted divorce with kids you know real quick if they are into having casual fun or looking to get married again.Another bonus is that she has a life and can't just come over whenever since she has a job and kid to take care of. This frees you up to date others easily. Single, never been married nor have kids pretty much guarantees you that they are looking to move FAST. Don't kid yourself when girls like this say they aren't looking to get serious or looking to speed things up. They are dating because they want to get married and have kids. Most men are dating to get laid.If you want to lower your chances of drama and the insane level you should date chicks in their mid 20's or younger or a woman who already has kids and has made it clear they don't want to get married again or date chicks who already have kids and too old to think about going through it again. The last recommendation is tougher to find.

Got to bang or at least go pretty far on the first date or she'll think you are either not that interested in her or aren't very masculine. You can think by not trying anything you are being a gent but she'll think you aren't that into her or you would have.
I think you quoted the wrong post, but I did give it a run the first time.

I've only skimmed the last two pages, but there is plenty of gold in here.

All the recent talk in the thread is over eHarmony and Plenty of Fish - is Match mostly just for loser dudes and chicks who are teachers/nurses? That's been my experience in perusing the site (and I count myself in the "loser dude category")...

:popcorn:
Here's my theory on that. These sites are a lot of work, so IMO it's best and most practical to do just one. In picking one, I'm going to go with the one with the better guy/girl ratio and where I don't have to open cold (because I'm an idiot when doing that, but can set up a pretty appealing profile). eharmony is also the most expensive so I think that helps weed out some of the weirdos. POF is almost always added though because, well, it's free and easy. I rarely check that site but in the past had some easy-hookup success when girls would message me. Sort of a nothing to lose approach there.
I have never set up a profil on eharmony but a number of friends of mine have. I think women who join think "I am taking the time and spending the money so of course I'm not some psycho chick!" Be careful here cause some of the most insane stories I've been told, bordering on Fatal Attraction kind of #### were women who were off that site. I am talking about women who are successful / has their own business and very hot and when you meet them you think "Why does this chick have a problem meeting a quality guy?" When you ask yourself that there's a clear cut reason why...because they have sever mental issues.

This was before I saw you went out with her a second time or that it seems like you want to find a serious chick to get married.

Most ex husbands are long gone from her and her kids lives. Sad but true. And the good moms aren't going to trot her kid around you. Also as I've just posted divorce with kids you know real quick if they are into having casual fun or looking to get married again.Another bonus is that she has a life and can't just come over whenever since she has a job and kid to take care of. This frees you up to date others easily. Single, never been married nor have kids pretty much guarantees you that they are looking to move FAST. Don't kid yourself when girls like this say they aren't looking to get serious or looking to speed things up. They are dating because they want to get married and have kids. Most men are dating to get laid.If you want to lower your chances of drama and the insane level you should date chicks in their mid 20's or younger or a woman who already has kids and has made it clear they don't want to get married again or date chicks who already have kids and too old to think about going through it again. The last recommendation is tougher to find.
I just don't like the practical hurdles of dating a girl with kids. I want to be able to do a weekend getaway the last minute, spend random nights at each other's house, etc. I don't think you can do that with a good mom. I don't really think single moms or divorced chicks are higher drama, just bring added hurdles I don't think I need to deal with.

This was before I saw you went out with her a second time or that it seems like you want to find a serious chick to get married.
Ohhh gotcha. Yeah I think the reason I didn't try much and gave in to her minimal resistance is I'm just not that physically attracted to her. For example, I've yet to picture her naked.

Most ex husbands are long gone from her and her kids lives. Sad but true. And the good moms aren't going to trot her kid around you. Also as I've just posted divorce with kids you know real quick if they are into having casual fun or looking to get married again.Another bonus is that she has a life and can't just come over whenever since she has a job and kid to take care of. This frees you up to date others easily.

Single, never been married nor have kids pretty much guarantees you that they are looking to move FAST. Don't kid yourself when girls like this say they aren't looking to get serious or looking to speed things up. They are dating because they want to get married and have kids. Most men are dating to get laid.

If you want to lower your chances of drama and the insane level you should date chicks in their mid 20's or younger or a woman who already has kids and has made it clear they don't want to get married again or date chicks who already have kids and too old to think about going through it again. The last recommendation is tougher to find.
I just don't like the practical hurdles of dating a girl with kids. I want to be able to do a weekend getaway the last minute, spend random nights at each other's house, etc. I don't think you can do that with a good mom. I don't really think single moms or divorced chicks are higher drama, just bring added hurdles I don't think I need to deal with.
I was going on the assumption that you have a job that can take up time, have friends and want to do stuff on your own or with your buddies but if you basically don't have then then yes this is not the type of woman you probably want to date. I like my freedom and free time as well as have kids so this type generally understands that or I have to make it clear to women who are much younger w/o kids and doesn't understand.

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah I think the reason I didn't try much and gave in to her minimal resistance is I'm just not that physically attracted to her. For example, I've yet to picture her naked.
Pretty much redheaded chicks fall into one of two categories: 1. Hot or 2. Not attractive....you rarely ever see one who is average looking. I am assuming she isn't attractive. Why did you go out with her on a second date? Don't waste your time on someone if you are looking to get a wife.

Pretty much redheaded chicks fall into one of two categories: 1. Hot or 2. Not attractive....you rarely ever see one who is average looking. I am assuming she isn't attractive. Why did you go out with her on a second date? Don't waste your time on someone if you are looking to get a wife.
She is 4'11" porportionate little body, cute enough. I'd say she be a 6-7 on the offdee scale. My type as I'm learning, however, is the big boobs, not overweight thicker-bodied girl (not fat obviously, but not super thin). She doesn't fit it and probably why I'm not trying too hard to get in her pants. I wasn't wasting my time at all though as she is cool and still attractive enough to be worth giving a chance. My stance could change quickly if it turns out she is great in bed.

Most ex husbands are long gone from her and her kids lives. Sad but true. And the good moms aren't going to trot her kid around you. Also as I've just posted divorce with kids you know real quick if they are into having casual fun or looking to get married again.Another bonus is that she has a life and can't just come over whenever since she has a job and kid to take care of. This frees you up to date others easily.

Single, never been married nor have kids pretty much guarantees you that they are looking to move FAST. Don't kid yourself when girls like this say they aren't looking to get serious or looking to speed things up. They are dating because they want to get married and have kids. Most men are dating to get laid.

If you want to lower your chances of drama and the insane level you should date chicks in their mid 20's or younger or a woman who already has kids and has made it clear they don't want to get married again or date chicks who already have kids and too old to think about going through it again. The last recommendation is tougher to find.
I was going on the assumption that you have a job that can take up time, have friends and want to do stuff on your own or with your buddies but if you basically don't have then then yes this is not the type of woman you probably want to date. I like my freedom and free time as well as have kids so this type generally understands that or I have to make it clear to women who are much younger w/o kids and doesn't understand.
I do have all that, which is why these chicks are tough. Just no flexibility. I tried to date one briefly in my old town, but she was so restricted with her time we could never figure out a good point to get together with all the crap I was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread