What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (2 Viewers)

Woz> how bout a contest. Who can meet up with the most match iChicks. We could keep a running tally/scoreboard here.
You're on. Brought my laptop to work today so when I'm in my office this afternoon I'll join. How many months we looking at here? Qualifier: We need to post the pics though of each girl we meet and they have to rate at least a "5" between me and you. Cause it'd be easy to take out some hogs and you have the financial means to rip me apart in the quantity department if we just took out girls for the sake of this bet.ETA: Thinking of joining for 3 months. 60 bucks sucks, but we'll see if it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woz> how bout a contest. Who can meet up with the most match iChicks. We could keep a running tally/scoreboard here.
You're on. Brought my laptop to work today so when I'm in my office this afternoon I'll join. How many months we looking at here? Qualifier: We need to post the pics though of each girl we meet and they have to rate at least a "5" between me and you. Cause it'd be easy to take out some hogs and you have the financial means to rip me apart in the quantity department if we just took out girls for the sake of this bet.ETA: Thinking of joining for 3 months. 60 bucks sucks, but we'll see if it's worth it.
:lmao: :lmao:

ETA: Thinking of joining for 3 months. 60 bucks sucks, but we'll see if it's worth it.
$60 is nothing in the grand scheme of dating though. I'm no big spender, but last night's dinner and drinks ran over $80. That's just one date.

3) E-harmony looks like a better route but it's a pain in the ###. They're matching up one to one in introductions so the ladies aren't being overwhelmed with crap. Also if you watch the commericials, they're obviously marketing to women.
I heard that the ratio at eharmony is 70% women/30% men, and I would not be surprised if that were true, given the sheer number of matches I was given when I was there. (You can't surf the entire pool of women at eharmony like you can at match and most other sites; they send you matches based on a questionnaire you fill out at the beginning. I was getting 12-20 matches a week, which is far more than my female friends who have been on it ever got.) This makes sense because eharmony targets people who are looking for marriage (or at the very least a long-term relationship), not hooking up or casual dating. Their whole concept is much more appealing to women. The pro is that you have lots of options. The con is that you'll rarely find women who will sleep with you before the third date, if that's what you're after.
Bingo...I'm getting precisely 7 matches a day that "meet 29 key matching criteria". It's been that way for about three weeks. They roll in at about 8am as sure as the sun comes up each day. If I use their search for matches feature at 7am, they will tell me that there are currently no people that meet the 29 criteria components. In other words they're blowing a bunch of smoke up people's asses.
Yep. I would get matches in bunches of 5 or 6, every two or three days. (It's been more than a year since I've been on, as I didn't need to be on it anymore after I met my girlfriend.) So their algorithm is weird -- it doesn't make the matches instantly, but puts them in clusters to be sent at regular intervals.They would fudge the geographical range too. I'm in Central NJ and chose the "state" (approx. 100 miles in any direction) range. Yet I would get matches as far north as Hartford (one even from western MA) and as far south as DC. But I met The Future Mrs. Pip there, so I can't complain.

We shooting for only a 5? Seems sort of like playing the game on low difficulty level. I think we should shoot for 6 or better at a minimum, but that's cool with me. We'll need someone to lay down the official ground rules. I think all disputes need to be settled by OFFICIAL FFA polls. In fact, maybe the FFA should have to rate each of the chicks after we take them out to ensure they are sufficiently attractive.3 months? Ok, you're on. I should have time to set up a profile this weekend.I want one disclaimer though -- if either of us gets into a relationship, the bet has to end with that chick. It really wouldn't be fair for one of us to have a girlfriend and not be able to continue racking up numbers while the other just languishes out in girlfriend land. Here's another potential catch> Otis is at a huge disadvantage with time in that I am probably traveling a lot more than you. In the next month I'll be spending a week on the west coast, a week in the far east, and at least a few other days scattered across the U.S. of A. Those are weeks where I could potentially be meeting up with 1-4 new people, but I wouldn't be able to as a result of my travels.That makes it tricky.Also, I assume the bet counts only as to match iChicks -- if I meet some girl out at happy hour and end up on a date with her, that doesn't count for the bet. I'm sure there are other loopholes here that others can dream up. In any event, I'm game.

Is otis seriously throwing out qualifiers to level the playing field against Woz in the dating dept?

What is the world coming to?

Oh... and Otis..... NOT HARD to line up dates while on the road :no:

' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:25 AM' post='6827112']Oh... and Otis..... NOT HARD to line up dates while on the road :no:
via match? These chicks can see my location -- why do they wanna meet up with a guy who lives on the other side of the country?I guess I could be wrong since I've never tried this thing before, but it sounds like it would be near impossible to work something with a girl on the west coast and then line up something for the week I happen to be there.And don't get me started on Japan...

We shooting for only a 5? Seems sort of like playing the game on low difficulty level. I think we should shoot for 6 or better at a minimum, but that's cool with me. We'll need someone to lay down the official ground rules. I think all disputes need to be settled by OFFICIAL FFA polls. In fact, maybe the FFA should have to rate each of the chicks after we take them out to ensure they are sufficiently attractive.3 months? Ok, you're on. I should have time to set up a profile this weekend.I want one disclaimer though -- if either of us gets into a relationship, the bet has to end with that chick. It really wouldn't be fair for one of us to have a girlfriend and not be able to continue racking up numbers while the other just languishes out in girlfriend land. Here's another potential catch> Otis is at a huge disadvantage with time in that I am probably traveling a lot more than you. In the next month I'll be spending a week on the west coast, a week in the far east, and at least a few other days scattered across the U.S. of A. Those are weeks where I could potentially be meeting up with 1-4 new people, but I wouldn't be able to as a result of my travels.That makes it tricky.Also, I assume the bet counts only as to match iChicks -- if I meet some girl out at happy hour and end up on a date with her, that doesn't count for the bet. I'm sure there are other loopholes here that others can dream up. In any event, I'm game.
Otis, you should be able to set up dates with girls while you are on your trips!And i agree a 5 is to low. I would think more like 7. I wouldnt want to waste my time going on a date with someone lower than a 7. of course, that would be 7 for what normal people think, not what FBGuys think, so maybe a 5 is right?

You're on. Brought my laptop to work today so when I'm in my office this afternoon I'll join. How many months we looking at here? Qualifier: We need to post the pics though of each girl we meet and they have to rate at least a "5" between me and you. Cause it'd be easy to take out some hogs and you have the financial means to rip me apart in the quantity department if we just took out girls for the sake of this bet.

ETA: Thinking of joining for 3 months. 60 bucks sucks, but we'll see if it's worth it.
We shooting for only a 5? Seems sort of like playing the game on low difficulty level. I think we should shoot for 6 or better at a minimum, but that's cool with me. We'll need someone to lay down the official ground rules. I think all disputes need to be settled by OFFICIAL FFA polls. In fact, maybe the FFA should have to rate each of the chicks after we take them out to ensure they are sufficiently attractive.3 months? Ok, you're on. I should have time to set up a profile this weekend.

I want one disclaimer though -- if either of us gets into a relationship, the bet has to end with that chick. It really wouldn't be fair for one of us to have a girlfriend and not be able to continue racking up numbers while the other just languishes out in girlfriend land.

Here's another potential catch> Otis is at a huge disadvantage with time in that I am probably traveling a lot more than you. In the next month I'll be spending a week on the west coast, a week in the far east, and at least a few other days scattered across the U.S. of A. Those are weeks where I could potentially be meeting up with 1-4 new people, but I wouldn't be able to as a result of my travels.

That makes it tricky.

Also, I assume the bet counts only as to match iChicks -- if I meet some girl out at happy hour and end up on a date with her, that doesn't count for the bet.

I'm sure there are other loopholes here that others can dream up. In any event, I'm game.
You could be traveling 25 days a month and you'd still have the big advantage here good buddy...1. You're Otis. He's Woz.

2. lawyer >>>>>>> potential lawyer

3. NYC chick quantity >>>>>>>>>>> BFE Minnesota chick quantity

4. Otis $ >>>>>>>>>>> Woz $

5. If Woz does manage to meet a girl on this he will get into a relationship, because he's Woz and that's what he does.

Blowout city.

I think woz is gonna be underestimated here. He's a good sleeper pick.

That said, if we go forward with this, I am absolutely going to tear up match.com.

Otis - you're girlfriend clause is murky. Doing the match thing will have those 2-6 weeks pseudo-relationships. During those periods, I could see you continuing to play the field, but Woz tends to play these things differently. I could see him going monogamous after 2 or 3 dates. Does that end the contest?

How about if someone calls "girlfriend" and ends the contest, if they are still not with that person in say, 10 weeks, they automatically lose the bet for premature monogamation.

Otis - you're girlfriend clause is murky. Doing the match thing will have those 2-6 weeks pseudo-relationships. During those periods, I could see you continuing to play the field, but Woz tends to play these things differently. I could see him going monogamous after 2 or 3 dates. Does that end the contest?How about if someone calls "girlfriend" and ends the contest, if they are still not with that person in say, 10 weeks, they automatically lose the bet for premature monogamation.
Interesting workaround.I'm not looking for welch reasons here, by the way. Just trying to anticipate the sorts of issues that could arise in this kind of bet.Or maybe we just do it for a limited time (2 months?) and leave it at that. You get into a relationship in that short amount of time at your own peril. Then we can avoid it. :banned:

You could be traveling 25 days a month and you'd still have the big advantage here good buddy...

1. You're Otis. He's Woz.

5. If Woz does manage to meet a girl on this he will get into a relationship, because he's Woz and that's what he does.

Blowout city.
:bs: :scared:

Otis - you're girlfriend clause is murky. Doing the match thing will have those 2-6 weeks pseudo-relationships. During those periods, I could see you continuing to play the field, but Woz tends to play these things differently. I could see him going monogamous after 2 or 3 dates. Does that end the contest?How about if someone calls "girlfriend" and ends the contest, if they are still not with that person in say, 10 weeks, they automatically lose the bet for premature monogamation.
Interesting workaround.I'm not looking for welch reasons here, by the way. Just trying to anticipate the sorts of issues that could arise in this kind of bet.Or maybe we just do it for a limited time (2 months?) and leave it at that. You get into a relationship in that short amount of time at your own peril. Then we can avoid it. :bs:
I dont think you guys should even have a girlfriend clause. Think about it. You generally sign up for a site like this to find a girlfriend. So, if you lose this bet because you meet a girlfriend out of the match.com girls you go out with, you are actually winning the bet (que corny music)

Interesting workaround.I'm not looking for welch reasons here, by the way. Just trying to anticipate the sorts of issues that could arise in this kind of bet.Or maybe we just do it for a limited time (2 months?) and leave it at that. You get into a relationship in that short amount of time at your own peril. Then we can avoid it. :bs:
I dont think you guys should even have a girlfriend clause. Think about it. You generally sign up for a site like this to find a girlfriend. So, if you lose this bet because you meet a girlfriend out of the match.com girls you go out with, you are actually winning the bet (que corny music)
THAT NOT WHY WERE HERE. GLLLLL PEACE.

MF'ing :blackdot:Has anyone looked at plentyoffish.com? its free, and a LOT of dirties on there.
My friend banged a girl that looks like Prince Vigo from Ghostbusters 2 from there. Then he met another one who he took home and apparently she hasnt left his apartment yet (I havent seen what this one looks like though).You get what you pay for I guess.

Has anyone contacted the girls woz intends to contact and sent them a link to this thread? :mellow:

I had a friend that was phone-stalked and harrassed by some perv a week into her match.com membership. She quit and got a refund, swearing off online dating forever. :moneybag:
Wonder if you can get a refund from a bar when you give out your phone # to a stalker.

MF'ing :moneybag:Has anyone looked at plentyoffish.com? its free, and a LOT of dirties on there.
I just looked at some pics there, damn a lot of these woman look older that they say they areYou can really pick out the smokers too, we should make a game of it post 10 pics and pick the smokers

Otis has to be at least a 50 to 1 favorite...and that's before we consider that he'll be working NY instead of BFE.

Otis said:
Woz said:
Everything sounds fine with me. I said "5" because I was shooting low... there's an obvious difference in quality from central MN to NY city. An "8" out here would be at best a "6" out there. I was more just afraid of getting ridiculed for taking out say the 4th best looking chick in my area code where she wouldn't even be a blip on the NY radar screen and claims being made that Woz is dipping down just to win the contest. There's also the age issue where I could plausibly take out a 19 year old farm girl or something like that where you probably can't and I probably can't get the Chanel dressed 30 year old professional you could. But I suppose a "vote" could be in order so long as it seems people are reasonable and consider these factors and that we're picking from entirely two distinct demographics of girls/women.But yeah, I'm down. I'll wait for you for confirmation on when to start. I'm coming back to my office Sunday evening to work on some stuff - does say 9:00 PM EST work for you?

the rover said:
Dragons said:
Has anyone contacted the girls woz intends to contact and sent them a link to this thread? :unsure:
no, we emailed the list to his ex girlfriend instead.
Trust me, I'm sure she knows. I gave up trying to duck my ispy. And you guys gotta play fair here. No hijacking or anything. I wouldn't do it to you.

Otis said:
Drifter said:
Interesting workaround.I'm not looking for welch reasons here, by the way. Just trying to anticipate the sorts of issues that could arise in this kind of bet.Or maybe we just do it for a limited time (2 months?) and leave it at that. You get into a relationship in that short amount of time at your own peril. Then we can avoid it. :banned:
I'd be down with that. Can;t imagine starting a relationship in a two month period anyways. I should clarify now that I have been seeing some chick I met elsewhere, but that's moving very slow and shouldn't affect this at all and if it does it's at my own peril. Other issues that could possibly arise are:time restraints - I have family visiting me a week but that's no big deal. My work also shouldn't infringe and should only help because it's located next to the only acceptable bar in town. I don't foresee anything else I know you travel a lot, so you'd have to stipulate that can't be an excuse. FFA members screwing with girls contacted - This would be tough to police, but it can't happen. I'm a big enough dog here that chicks receiving odds e-mails from people with nothing better to do could affect the outcome. Not sure though how to prevent this. Clarification: Should we give each other access to each other's accounts to verify? Pictures? Just our typed word? What? One of us meets a psycho - I'll be honest, I meet a crazy and I'll be pretty damned discouraged. This online avenue weirds me out enough already.

Disco Stu said:
Otis said:
Woz said:
You're on. Brought my laptop to work today so when I'm in my office this afternoon I'll join. How many months we looking at here? Qualifier: We need to post the pics though of each girl we meet and they have to rate at least a "5" between me and you. Cause it'd be easy to take out some hogs and you have the financial means to rip me apart in the quantity department if we just took out girls for the sake of this bet.

We shooting for only a 5? Seems sort of like playing the game on low difficulty level. I think we should shoot for 6 or better at a minimum, but that's cool with me. We'll need someone to lay down the official ground rules. I think all disputes need to be settled by OFFICIAL FFA polls. In fact, maybe the FFA should have to rate each of the chicks after we take them out to ensure they are sufficiently attractive.3 months? Ok, you're on. I should have time to set up a profile this weekend.

I want one disclaimer though -- if either of us gets into a relationship, the bet has to end with that chick. It really wouldn't be fair for one of us to have a girlfriend and not be able to continue racking up numbers while the other just languishes out in girlfriend land.

Here's another potential catch> Otis is at a huge disadvantage with time in that I am probably traveling a lot more than you. In the next month I'll be spending a week on the west coast, a week in the far east, and at least a few other days scattered across the U.S. of A. Those are weeks where I could potentially be meeting up with 1-4 new people, but I wouldn't be able to as a result of my travels.

That makes it tricky.

Also, I assume the bet counts only as to match iChicks -- if I meet some girl out at happy hour and end up on a date with her, that doesn't count for the bet.

I'm sure there are other loopholes here that others can dream up. In any event, I'm game.
You could be traveling 25 days a month and you'd still have the big advantage here good buddy...1. You're Otis. He's Woz.

Blowout city.
Solid points, but everything is relative. A potential lawyer from the "Cities" who is in shape and who can appear like he has dough makes a pretty decent impression from a small town farmgirl type chick between the ages of 20-23 who was previously impressed at most by guys who actually showered. There's a few diamonds in the rough out there. Just saying since this is in contrast to NYC where there are a lot of very successful, young lawyers with plenty of cash. Girls in each demographic have different expectations. But the BFE (what does that mean?) quantity in central MN definitely = :goodposting: .

Otis said:
Drifter said:
I'd be down with that. Can;t imagine starting a relationship in a two month period anyways. I should clarify now that I have been seeing some chick I met elsewhere, but that's moving very slow and shouldn't affect this at all and if it does it's at my own peril. Other issues that could possibly arise are:time restraints - I have family visiting me a week but that's no big deal. My work also shouldn't infringe and should only help because it's located next to the only acceptable bar in town. I don't foresee anything else I know you travel a lot, so you'd have to stipulate that can't be an excuse. FFA members screwing with girls contacted - This would be tough to police, but it can't happen. I'm a big enough dog here that chicks receiving odds e-mails from people with nothing better to do could affect the outcome. Not sure though how to prevent this. Clarification: Should we give each other access to each other's accounts to verify? Pictures? Just our typed word? What? One of us meets a psycho - I'll be honest, I meet a crazy and I'll be pretty damned discouraged. This online avenue weirds me out enough already.
I don't think we should be posting the girls' usernames here. There should be no connection to the real world, and as much as I trust MOST of the people around here, I don't necessarily trust all (the lurkers scare me the most). If anything, we post the pics AFTER the date, and only when a dispute arises. Perhaps we share the pics with each other and, if the other wants to challenge it, we post a pic of our choice to the FFA.Access to each others' accounts could be interesting, but that would let woz in on Otis Trade Secrets of Dating, and I wouldn't want to compromise those. If you started implementing my tactics, this could quickly turn into Spidey vs. Venom, or Superman against Superman with the darker suit on, and I'd rather not face those odds.If there are any connections made by FFAers to the real world here, contest over. We both have careers that we don't need to jeopardize. Again, I'm all about good shtick, but there are lines. I also think there are lines for these girls -- the good ones don't deserve grief from the FFA.In any event, I have your PM, and we'll discuss over the weekend. I'm at LAX now but should have some more time to consider all of this when I get back to the better of the big coastal cities.

Disco Stu said:
Otis said:
Woz said:

That makes it tricky.

Blowout city.
Thank you Disco Stu. I couldn't have said it better myself. Otis>You should spot Woz a couple of weeks anyway.

One of us meets a psycho - I'll be honest, I meet a crazy and I'll be pretty damned discouraged. This online avenue weirds me out enough already.
Prepare to be discouraged, but you shouldn't be. There are tons of nut jobs out there - just roll with it and move on. You're working the online dating assembly line now - if one doesn't work out, they'll make more.Here's other pieces of advice in addition to the good ones you've already received here:If they don't post any pictures showing their full body or at least most of it, I guarantee you they're fat. I've got nothing against fat people, but I'm not attracted to them. If you're similarly inclined take this advice to heart and don't wast your time (and her time).Not all pictures are accurate. Some will be purposefully deceptive.Three emails maximum, less if you can get away with it. If email acceptable -> one phone conversation. If one phone conversation acceptable -> meet for casual drink/coffee/other non-committal activity. If no sparks -> exit meeting any time after 1/2 hour, not much longer than that if possible. Trust me, keep it to this and you'll make the most of your experience.Good luck.

Otis said:
Here's another potential catch> Otis is at a huge disadvantage with time in that I am probably traveling a lot more than you. In the next month I'll be spending a week on the west coast, a week in the far east, and at least a few other days scattered across the U.S. of A. Those are weeks where I could potentially be meeting up with 1-4 new people, but I wouldn't be able to as a result of my travels.That makes it tricky.
Sounds more like a handicap that evens up the betting lines some. :thumbdown:

Otis said:
Drifter said:
Interesting workaround.I'm not looking for welch reasons here, by the way. Just trying to anticipate the sorts of issues that could arise in this kind of bet.Or maybe we just do it for a limited time (2 months?) and leave it at that. You get into a relationship in that short amount of time at your own peril. Then we can avoid it. :X
I don't think we should be posting the girls' usernames here. There should be no connection to the real world, and as much as I trust MOST of the people around here, I don't necessarily trust all (the lurkers scare me the most). If anything, we post the pics AFTER the date, and only when a dispute arises. Perhaps we share the pics with each other and, if the other wants to challenge it, we post a pic of our choice to the FFA.Access to each others' accounts could be interesting, but that would let woz in on Otis Trade Secrets of Dating, and I wouldn't want to compromise those. If you started implementing my tactics, this could quickly turn into Spidey vs. Venom, or Superman against Superman with the darker suit on, and I'd rather not face those odds.If there are any connections made by FFAers to the real world here, contest over. We both have careers that we don't need to jeopardize. Again, I'm all about good shtick, but there are lines. I also think there are lines for these girls -- the good ones don't deserve grief from the FFA.In any event, I have your PM, and we'll discuss over the weekend. I'm at LAX now but should have some more time to consider all of this when I get back to the better of the big coastal cities.
Agreed. Perhaps just some e-mails (this is an issue for me, but I'll create another account) or PMs back and forth with links would suffice. I trust you won't cheat and I won't cheat as well. We'll just keep a tally on here with unspecific outcomes and then only post a pic if one of us complains. I completely agree that anything which comes up in real life with either of these girls or work or whatever the game is over and we'll take each other's word. I am really in fear of my ispy here (got a questionable phone call tonight - not getting into it). And no girl deserves #### from some of the clowns on here. I have ball and work today over the weekend and no connection at my place but I'll check in now and then. Sunday night should work, or I may join tonight since I'm at a place w/ connection and then wait for you to send e-mails (although in my non-paid account) and I'm drinking with my buddies so we'll see what happens here.

I often wonder what online dating sites say about our culture.

Based on anecdotes I've heard, they seem to be remarkably efficient (relative to traditional "singles bar" type scenes) in getting folks together. But a lot of the "scientific" personality profiling and the fact that one basically sifts through data to find a mate seems contrary to the pleasantness of serendipity. I don't know if it indicates that we're too busy, or too consumed with work, to put time into these things....or if Americans just dig the convenience factor, or what.

Of course, like Andy Dufresne, I'm one of those that lucked out and married the girl next door in my college dorm. Bless you magnificent bastards who have to navigate that crazy dating environment.

:thumbup:

This should be phenomenal... And for Woz' benefit, if he needed to widen the pool of girls, he could include Minneapolis, which is only 45 minutes away... I did a search there of 20-30 with slender/athletic builds and came back with 32 pages...

Fish in a barrell....

Reality Football said:
I don't know if it indicates that we're too busy, or too consumed with work, to put time into these things....or if Americans just dig the convenience factor, or what.
All of the above, plus some folks' dislike of the singles-bar scene.

Users who are viewing this thread