What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (8 Viewers)

Reality Football said:
I often wonder what online dating sites say about our culture. Based on anecdotes I've heard, they seem to be remarkably efficient (relative to traditional "singles bar" type scenes) in getting folks together. But a lot of the "scientific" personality profiling and the fact that one basically sifts through data to find a mate seems contrary to the pleasantness of serendipity. I don't know if it indicates that we're too busy, or too consumed with work, to put time into these things....or if Americans just dig the convenience factor, or what.Of course, like Andy Dufresne, I'm one of those that lucked out and married the girl next door in my college dorm. Bless you magnificent bastards who have to navigate that crazy dating environment.
You don't think serendipity can account for online dating systems? It doesn't boil down to sifting through data to select your wife. The matching system simply reduces who you're introduced to. After that, you still have to do all the same things you'd do in a normal dating situation. Liken it more to having a co-worker set you up with his wife's co-worker, except doing a much better job in determining whether you're compatible before you exchange digits or email addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reality Football said:
I often wonder what online dating sites say about our culture. Based on anecdotes I've heard, they seem to be remarkably efficient (relative to traditional "singles bar" type scenes) in getting folks together. But a lot of the "scientific" personality profiling and the fact that one basically sifts through data to find a mate seems contrary to the pleasantness of serendipity. I don't know if it indicates that we're too busy, or too consumed with work, to put time into these things....or if Americans just dig the convenience factor, or what.Of course, like Andy Dufresne, I'm one of those that lucked out and married the girl next door in my college dorm. Bless you magnificent bastards who have to navigate that crazy dating environment.
You don't think serendipity can account for online dating systems? It doesn't boil down to sifting through data to select your wife. The matching system simply reduces who you're introduced to. After that, you still have to do all the same things you'd do in a normal dating situation. Liken it more to having a co-worker set you up with his wife's co-worker, except doing a much better job in determining whether you're compatible before you exchange digits or email addresses.
This seems right to me. It's just a culling out of the general population so you end up with a pool of more likely matches. A little filtering isn't a bad thing I guess.

This is something I started a month or so ago up here in Canada. I had really mixed results to start. Then out of the blue I get messaged by an absolute hottie. We have really hit it off in every possible way.

We have talked on MSN and the phone for a while now. To make a long story shorter and hopefully more interesting, we are meeting in about 2 hours. She lives about 6 hours away, just the fact she is willing to come this far to meet me says a lot.

OK...here is the twist:

In the course of our converstaion we have jointly discussed the following fantasy together. Here is how our meeting is going to go.

She calls me once she arrives. I live in an apartment......btw.

So, I take the elevator ride down and meet her at the front doors.

However, we have agreed to NO talking or touching other than I can hold her hand.

We then have to look at each other the whole ride up to my apartment. This is going to be absolute torture.

As soon as we get into my apartment........IT's ON!!!!

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :bag: ;) :D

Updates to follow tomorrow night.

Hope she isn't pyscho and kills me.

This is something I started a month or so ago up here in Canada. I had really mixed results to start. Then out of the blue I get messaged by an absolute hottie. We have really hit it off in every possible way.

We have talked on MSN and the phone for a while now. To make a long story shorter and hopefully more interesting, we are meeting in about 2 hours. She lives about 6 hours away, just the fact she is willing to come this far to meet me says a lot.

OK...here is the twist:

In the course of our converstaion we have jointly discussed the following fantasy together. Here is how our meeting is going to go.

However, we have agreed to NO talking or touching other than I can hold her hand.

We then have to look at each other the whole ride up to my apartment. This is going to be absolute torture.

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hopie she isn't pyscho and kills me.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: You've never met before, but the plan is to say nothing to each other, go up to your place, shag, and then make the formal introductions?

Interesting.

Worth a :popcorn:

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: You've never met before, but the plan is to say nothing to each other, go up to your place, shag, and then make the formal introductions?

Interesting.

Kind of cool I think!Yes, that is the plan.

OK...here is the twist:

Interesting.

Interesting.Now, if she weighs 100 pounds more than in her picture, do you still follow through here?

Nobody likes a welcher.

OK...here is the twist:

Interesting.

Interesting.Now, if she weighs 100 pounds more than in her picture, do you still follow through here?

Nobody likes a welcher.
We both have seen very recent pics of each other.Otis...it's all good.

OH...and she has 38 D's

I promise a full update Sunday after she leaves.

OK...here is the twist:

:unsure: :shrug: :wall: :blackdot: You've never met before, but the plan is to say nothing to each other, go up to your place, shag, and then make the formal introductions?

Interesting.

Nobody likes a welcher.
We both have seen very recent pics of each other.Otis...it's all good.

OH...and she has 38 D's

I promise a full update Sunday after she leaves.
38 is a fairly large woman

Steve in Minneapolis said:
:mellow:This should be phenomenal... And for Woz' benefit, if he needed to widen the pool of girls, he could include Minneapolis, which is only 45 minutes away... I did a search there of 20-30 with slender/athletic builds and came back with 32 pages...Fish in a barrell....
Already thought of that... but yeah there's some not too bad ones. Sad thing is I know like 3 of them from my school and I DO NOT want them to see me on there. :bag:

I came to my office to see if Otis is ready... didn't get the green light though so I'll check back tomorrow night.

Also, I drunkenly set up a hotornot profile with my buddies last night. :mellow: Gonna check that and report back if anything good happened.

This online #### gives me the willies.

Steve in Minneapolis said:
:banned:This should be phenomenal... And for Woz' benefit, if he needed to widen the pool of girls, he could include Minneapolis, which is only 45 minutes away... I did a search there of 20-30 with slender/athletic builds and came back with 32 pages...Fish in a barrell....
Already thought of that... but yeah there's some not too bad ones. Sad thing is I know like 3 of them from my school and I DO NOT want them to see me on there. :wall:
I saw a few on there that I recognize from work/school as well...I actually saw one on there that I think is definitely marriage material and I can't for the life of me figure out how she made it to 30 as a single chick...

I came to my office to see if Otis is ready... didn't get the green light though so I'll check back tomorrow night. Also, I drunkenly set up a hotornot profile with my buddies last night. :lmao: Gonna check that and report back if anything good happened. This online #### gives me the willies.
Three days in, and hotornot gets a preliminary :blackdot: from me. Best features...1. Free.2. You know a chick is interested before sending the first message, since you both have to select "meet" first.3. Easy for anyone to reply... sending messages isn't a "subscriber only" feature.Negatives...1. Very little in the way of organization/filters to make browsing easier.2. No way (that I can find) of seeing who you've already chosen to "meet".So do any dates from that site count in your contest with Otis?

I just got to my office and should be here for several hours... waiting for Otis on the green light.

Dumb idea

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :boxing: :lmao: :lmao:

update?she/he gentle?

I just got to my office and should be here for several hours... waiting for Otis on the green light. Also, I was thinking, should there be a scoring system? Say like bonus points for how "far" we get or should we just score them by dates? I'm up for a little variance on the scoring since a purely date-total scoring system favors the one of us with more time (me) or more money (you). Granted, I've never really done stuff with a chick for "points" or any reason other than I really liked them though so there may be some moral hesitation on my part. But that's part of the game I guess. Thinking maybe 5 points for a first date, +2 for some action (say second base), +4 for some form of penetration (I likely won't do this otherwise on a first date), and +3 if she agrees to go out with either of us again.
This sounds like a wonderful idea... :jawdrop: +10 for anal+25 if you knock baby up in her:shock:

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :banned: :eek: :lmao:

update?she/he gentle?
I love the subtle humor and jab. It was all good. Everything went as planned. It was a long elevator ride to my apartment, that is for sure.

Like I said, it was quite funny introducing yourself officially after doing it for a couple of hours.

OH...and the boobs. Very fake.

OK...here is the twist:

update?she/he gentle?
I love the subtle humor and jab. It was all good. Everything went as planned. It was a long elevator ride to my apartment, that is for sure.

Like I said, it was quite funny introducing yourself officially after doing it for a couple of hours.

aww, take it as humor. not a jab, man. :banned: it was the obvious joke. :eek:

OK...here is the twist:

update?she/he gentle?

aww, take it as humor. not a jab, man. :banned: it was the obvious joke. :eek:
No worries Furley. I was being truthful...I liked the humor.No penis, I checked very thoroughly.... ;)

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :lmao: :lmao: ;)

update?she/he gentle?

aww, take it as humor. not a jab, man. :banned: it was the obvious joke. :lmao:
No worries Furley. I was being truthful...I liked the humor.No #####, I checked very thoroughly.... ;)
:lmao: :eek:

Out of respect for the people on the other side of this, I don't think I could stomach making this into a point/scoring system type contest. I've been challenged to those before but it just doesn't sit well with me. It's not cool to the wimmens involved.

It's probably harmless enough to do this as a little social experiment about getting people to meet up through the internet, but once that happens I think it has to end there.

My two cents.

Out of respect for the people on the other side of this, I don't think I could stomach making this into a point/scoring system type contest. I've been challenged to those before but it just doesn't sit well with me. It's not cool to the wimmens involved. It's probably harmless enough to do this as a little social experiment about getting people to meet up through the internet, but once that happens I think it has to end there.My two cents.
Fair enough, but didn't you suggest the idea of having a contest in the first place?

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :thumbup: :banned: :lmao:

update?she/he gentle?

That's your update?

Out of respect for the people on the other side of this, I don't think I could stomach making this into a point/scoring system type contest. I've been challenged to those before but it just doesn't sit well with me. It's not cool to the wimmens involved. It's probably harmless enough to do this as a little social experiment about getting people to meet up through the internet, but once that happens I think it has to end there.My two cents.
Fair enough, but didn't you suggest the idea of having a contest in the first place?
The contest was about meeting up with people from the internet, not seeing how far you can "score" with certain girls. Big difference IMO.

The contest was about meeting up with people from the internet, not seeing how far you can "score" with certain girls. Big difference IMO.
Scratch that idea then. Didn't mean to start the newest rendition of the "Spur Possee." (sp?)

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

update?she/he gentle?

That's your update?
Well....the mods are pretty tight here.Happy to answer questions....LOL.

Not sure Penthouse letters will fly here Pickles.

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

update?she/he gentle?

That's your update?

Pretty much doubting the veracity of this one.

OK...here is the twist:

I can't wait to look over at her after we are "Finished" and say, "Hi, I am Bankerguy" :goodposting: :( :lmao:

update?she/he gentle?

That's your update?

Pretty much doubting the veracity of this one.
LOL...I expected some doubters....it's OK.I am sure there is nothing I could type to change your mind.

It did happen though.

Why is it so hard to believe?

' date='Jun 4 2007, 11:47 AM' post='6837152']This thread has underacheived on a pretty ####### epic scale thus far.....
If you want, I'm pretty sure someone started a great thread on a new form of Texas Hole Em that limits bad beats. That seems like a good time.

Talked to Otis and we both seem to agree this whole thing seems kind of loserish now. Some B&M implications too where we don't want people seeing us on there. So I'm pulling the "I'm only doing it if he does too" card - at least for now.

' date='Jun 4 2007, 11:47 AM' post='6837152']This thread has underacheived on a pretty ####### epic scale thus far.....
If you want, I'm pretty sure someone started a great thread on a new form of Texas Hole Em that limits bad beats. That seems like a good time.
Or Furley pimping Mexican Coke has a lot of entertainment value too. Or you can go ##### about plaid shorts.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :link:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :mellow:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
How many anecdotes from FBG's do you need that it's not creepy?Unless you're talking about posting profiles here for comments and keeping public score of your conquests. That's still creepy.

MF'ing :bag:Has anyone looked at plentyoffish.com? its free, and a LOT of dirties on there.
This is where I roll.For 1......it's free. I agree about the lurkers. The best thing is they contact me.....I literally do nothing but answer mail.*IF* you are half decent looking and can type a decent profile it is :lmao:I was getting 10-15 new contacts a day. Should be called shootingfishinabarrell.com

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :lmao:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
How many anecdotes from FBG's do you need that it's not creepy?Unless you're talking about posting profiles here for comments and keeping public score of your conquests. That's still creepy.
See for me it'd be less creepy if I was just doing it for a light joke on here where we nonchalantly kept tallies. It would justify the whole "you gotta go online to get dates, you loser!?" thought I'd constantly be having.The creepy part for me is having my picture and location posted on a site which can appear to reek of desparation and there are members on there of girls who I KNOW in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread