What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (1 Viewer)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :lmao:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
How many anecdotes from FBG's do you need that it's not creepy?Unless you're talking about posting profiles here for comments and keeping public score of your conquests. That's still creepy.
Yeah, I'm confused on if just the competition is being called off, or the whole online dating concept...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :bag:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
How many anecdotes from FBG's do you need that it's not creepy?Unless you're talking about posting profiles here for comments and keeping public score of your conquests. That's still creepy.
See for me it'd be less creepy if I was just doing it for a light joke on here where we nonchalantly kept tallies. It would justify the whole "you gotta go online to get dates, you loser!?" thought I'd constantly be having.The creepy part for me is having my picture and location posted on a site which can appear to reek of desparation and there are members on there of girls who I KNOW in real life.
You need to re-evaluate if you consider online dating to be more creepy than sending long letters to your ex-girlfriend's parents. Seriously.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :lol: Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis.

Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
See for me it'd be less creepy if I was just doing it for a light joke on here where we nonchalantly kept tallies. It would justify the whole "you gotta go online to get dates, you loser!?" thought I'd constantly be having.The creepy part for me is having my picture and location posted on a site which can appear to reek of desparation and there are members on there of girls who I KNOW in real life.
pssstt... The girls are on there too. :bag:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :bag:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
Yeah, I'm confused on if just the competition is being called off, or the whole online dating concept...
The concept. The competition was really the incentive for me. I get the impression from Otis it's the same way for him (but he could answer that if he wants). It hasn't officially been called off yet, but Otis said he's got a busy week with work so we'll see.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You need to re-evaluate if you consider online dating to be more creepy than sending long letters to your ex-girlfriend's parents. Seriously.
Never did that man. Sent a long letter to them about an issue which came up when wer were dating if that's what you're referring to. I stated in my original post that this stuff is viewed differently in different demographics and social circles. Not knocking it as I know it was very successful for you. But I can't help that I just "feel" weirded out by it. :lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :shrug: Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis.

Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
pssstt... The girls are on there too. :unsure:
:goodposting: So you're worried that chicks who are on match.com will think you're desperate for being on match.com? Even though they're doing the exact same thing? :loco:

If you're really that worried about it, just set up a "nonsearchable" profile. Only girls that you contact will be able to see you. (I'm assuming all personals sites have this, I know yahoo does..)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :goodposting:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
Never did that man. Sent a long letter to them about an issue which came up when wer were dating if that's what you're referring to.
Yeah, you're right. That's perfectly normal.

MF'ing :shrug:Has anyone looked at plentyoffish.com? its free, and a LOT of dirties on there.
This is where I roll.For 1......it's free. I agree about the lurkers. The best thing is they contact me.....I literally do nothing but answer mail.*IF* you are half decent looking and can type a decent profile it is :unsure:I was getting 10-15 new contacts a day. Should be called shootingfishinabarrell.com
:goodposting: At one point I thought about sprucing up this thread with some pics of the hotties I have found on there...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :shrug:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
Never did that man. Sent a long letter to them about an issue which came up when wer were dating if that's what you're referring to.
Yeah, you're right. That's perfectly normal.
As opposed to an actual full blown argument with them? Yeah, I made the right choice and it actually worked out fine on that issue. :shrug:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. ;) Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis.

pssstt... The girls are on there too. :shrug:
:shrug: So you're worried that chicks who are on match.com will think you're desperate for being on match.com? Even though they're doing the exact same thing? ;)

If you're really that worried about it, just set up a "nonsearchable" profile. Only girls that you contact will be able to see you. (I'm assuming all personals sites have this, I know yahoo does..)
No, no. You're missing it. I did a search for my Cities area code and recognized at least three of the girls there as people I see/hang out with on a semi-regular basis. I did a male search to see where I'd wind up, and sure enough I'm sitting there on page one. That freaked me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. ;) Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis.

:shrug: So you're worried that chicks who are on match.com will think you're desperate for being on match.com? Even though they're doing the exact same thing? ;)

No, no. You're missing it. I did a search for my Cities area code and recognized at least three of the girls there as people I see/hang out with on a semi-regular basis. I think did a male search to see where I'd wind up, and sure enough I'm sitting there on page one. That freaked me out.
Newer profiles show up at the top of searches.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No, no. You're missing it. I did a search for my Cities area code and recognized at least three of the girls there as people I see/hang out with on a semi-regular basis. I think did a male search to see where I'd wind up, and sure enough I'm sitting there on page one. That freaked me out.
of course you did.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :shrug:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
How many anecdotes from FBG's do you need that it's not creepy?
I don't find it "creepy" at all, and I'm sure it's more acceptable than woz believes. That said, speaking for myself, I am somewhat concerned about having a profile on a dating website. I've met up with people through Friendster/myspace, but having a profile there is par for the course -- those are more for networking with friends, and I have no problem with someone finding me on there. However, if a girl I were dating happened to find me on match.com (either herself or if a friend stumbled across it and told her), I would be nothing short of embarassed. Yes, in part because I guess even in my head there is still some stigma that, if I'm on there, I must not be able to meet girls on my own normally, and also in part because that same stigma would likely make you at least somewhat less desireable in the eyes of a brick and mortar girl you are courting. I would think that has relationship-sinking potential to some.In any event, I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I'm definitely very hesitant.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The concept. The competition was really the incentive for me. I get the impression from Otis it's the same way for him (but he could answer that if he wants). It hasn't officially been called off yet, but Otis said he's got a busy week with work so we'll see.
I'm traveling again starting this weekend, so I am in no dire need to rush into this.The competition wasn't really incentive to me. I have a legitimate curiosity about this based on all the good things I've heard about it. I also have legitimate concerns.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :hot:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
I don't find it "creepy" at all, and I'm sure it's more acceptable than woz believes. That said, speaking for myself, I am somewhat concerned about having a profile on a dating website. I've met up with people through Friendster/myspace, but having a profile there is par for the course -- those are more for networking with friends, and I have no problem with someone finding me on there. However, if a girl I were dating happened to find me on match.com (either herself or if a friend stumbled across it and told her), I would be nothing short of embarassed. Yes, in part because I guess even in my head there is still some stigma that, if I'm on there, I must not be able to meet girls on my own normally, and also in part because that same stigma would likely make you at least somewhat less desireable in the eyes of a brick and mortar girl you are courting. I would think that has relationship-sinking potential to some.In any event, I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I'm definitely very hesitant.
Pretty much what you said is what I meant with my whole "creepy" comment. I know my ex once said she almost tried match.com and I laughed at her for it. Had she been on there when we started dating I'd have definitely been a little weirded out by it and thought her to be desparate and therefore less apealing. I don't want that to happen to me nor do I want friends seeing me on there. What could ease me from thinking this would be the incentive of a fun little competition and success. After all a lot is cured if your sex life is doing well. Otis, you'll have to let me know if you want to do this. I'm game, but for now I'm going to go hide my profile or whatever. Still haven't officially joined (although I have received an e-mail already).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :D Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis.

pssstt... The girls are on there too. :lmao:
:hot: So you're worried that chicks who are on match.com will think you're desperate for being on match.com? Even though they're doing the exact same thing? :thumbup:

No, no. You're missing it. I did a search for my Cities area code and recognized at least three of the girls there as people I see/hang out with on a semi-regular basis. I did a male search to see where I'd wind up, and sure enough I'm sitting there on page one. That freaked me out.
What am I missing? Yes, there are girls there that you know. Yes, they may see you on there. Why is this a problem? What makes you think they'll think something negative about you, when they're doing exactly the same thing? ;) This seems like a completely irrational fear...

Woz> how bout a contest. Who can meet up with the most match iChicks. We could keep a running tally/scoreboard here.
I want in on this action too. Don't have a match account but will sign up today.There has to be some way to make this a little more fair as NYC has a lot more options than Des Moines (51031)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sounded fun in theory. :football:Give me a week. Got a couple of things lined up. If they don't work out maybe I'll plow ahead with this without Otis. Or I suppose I'd be up for someone else doing it with me? It just seems so creepy still to me.
As woz has pointed out (to make a different point), you'd be surprised how many of those girls have match.com profiles already. eHarmony is a LOT more private if that's your major concern. It also requires a greater time investment to actually get to the communication phase, so depending how you're planning to use it, it may not be as useful.Also, as someone mentioned, you should be able to make your match.com profile private, where only those you contact are able to see you.

For the record, I did notice at least two girls on there who I previously dated when I was browsing, and both are somewhat less attractive to me now as a result. Not sure what that means, other than I guess I still am part of the stigma at least to some extent.

Woz> how bout a contest. Who can meet up with the most match iChicks. We could keep a running tally/scoreboard here.
I want in on this action too. Don't have a match account but will sign up today.There has to be some way to make this a little more fair as NYC has a lot more options than Des Moines (51031)
Looks like it may just be me and you. And I'm guessing Des Moines = central Minnesota.

I don't really see the stigma of internet dating, although I acknowledge some feel this way. Some people at work know I do this, I see nothing wrong with it???

Personally, I am a busy single person with not a lot of free time to meet new people. Not soing the bar scene anymore.....been there, done it , got the T-shirt thanks. Not to say I couldn't do it, just not a fan anymore. Most of the woman I talk to feel the same way. With the volumes of people you can quickly scan and get to know. I haven't found the down side yet. As long as you are careful.

I also find the net a neutralizer to girls being "defensive". Like in a bar for instance. Often attractive woman have had 12 jerks already that night try a stupid assed line.

The contest idea was bad...... imo. No way to control or prove who is scoring what. Not to mention the potential of other people creating profiles to tell these woman what is going on (Or even creating female profiles to mess with the contestants). I would not be a fan of people being hurt or felt preyed upon. Not cool. In general, it would be a fun idea maybe between two or three close buddies, but not something to be done on FBG's for many reasons.

Just my 0.02.

The contest idea was bad...... imo. No way to control or prove who is scoring what. Not to mention the potential of other people creating profiles to tell these woman what is going on (Or even creating female profiles to mess with the contestants). I would not be a fan of people being hurt or felt preyed upon. Not cool. In general, it would be a fun idea maybe between two or three close buddies, but not something to be done on FBG's for many reasons.
This is the point I've been trying to make with several flippant posts.

Neither me or Otis would fudge results. That was never a worry. and it was just a contest to see who could get the most dates. I went overboard with the scoring and I realized that. Other than that it seems pretty harmless. Not sure how we're "preying" on girls here - I'm sure if either Otis or I enjoyed our dates enough we'd take them out again and would never say "I'm only dating this chick to win a contest."

' date='Jun 4 2007, 11:47 AM' post='6837152']This thread has underacheived on a pretty ####### epic scale thus far.....
If you want, I'm pretty sure someone started a great thread on a new form of Texas Hole Em that limits bad beats. That seems like a good time.
:thumbup: Does this system offer a bonus for pocket 3's? Everyone knows pocket 3's kick ###. :shock:

Neither me or Otis would fudge results. That was never a worry. and it was just a contest to see who could get the most dates. I went overboard with the scoring and I realized that. Other than that it seems pretty harmless. Not sure how we're "preying" on girls here - I'm sure if either Otis or I enjoyed our dates enough we'd take them out again and would never say "I'm only dating this chick to win a contest."
OK...well if based on the honor system and no gets hurt. I am game. I have nothing to lie about nor would I try to "make myself look cool/uncool" just for the amusement of FBG's. Does it matter I use a different site than Match.com?

no not yet. Have met quite a few girls from myspace though. Ive never tried a pay site. btw im a 25 year old from chicago (work dtown, live in suburbs)

no not yet. Have met quite a few girls from myspace though. Ive never tried a pay site. btw im a 25 year old from chicago (work dtown, live in suburbs)
cool, so here's a list of possible guys:Woz (central MN)ditka... mike ditka (chicago)Limp Dogg Bizzkits (Des Moines)Otis (NY - wherever his firm flies him to)bankerguy (London, Ontario)This could be fun :confused:

London, ON, Canada- Right half way between Detroit and Toronto.

Population around 400 000.

OK...well if based on the honor system and no gets hurt. I am game. I have nothing to lie about nor would I try to "make myself look cool/uncool" just for the amusement of FBG's. Does it matter I use a different site than Match.com?
You'd have a headstart on us but whatever. The idea here is to have some fun and meet cool chicks. We're not trying to "hurt" or "use" anyone here. Just trying to do a little social experiment on this new online dating trend.

The creepy part for me is having my picture and location posted on a site which can appear to reek of desparation and there are members on there of girls who I KNOW in real life.
What can they say? How can they say you are desperate when they have profiles on there? :bag: down??ETA: Whoops, should have finished reading the whole thread before posting. But like several of us, Woz's statement here just smacked logic in the face. On the plus side, at least this way, I won't have to black dot this thread.

You'd have a headstart on us but whatever. The idea here is to have some fun and meet cool chicks. We're not trying to "hurt" or "use" anyone here. Just trying to do a little social experiment on this new online dating trend.
Well...like I said as long as no one gets hurt or messes with me or the people I contact.....then game on. I am happy to share my stories of sucess/or lack thereof. Should be fun. I have a head start in that I just hooked up with my first. However, we are long distance and I don't see it going anywhere. We shared a very cool fantasy and weekend together. That might be it with her though. I have some old contacts of girls I had contact in the past, so not really a huge head start anyway.What is everyone else's goal?Sleep with the most or meet someone to date?I am not looking to rack up "scores", but at the same time, I won't be passing up any solid "freebies".I'd rather land a hottie to date.

MF'ing :bowtie:Has anyone looked at plentyoffish.com? its free, and a LOT of dirties on there.
I just looked at some pics there, damn a lot of these woman look older that they say they areYou can really pick out the smokers too, we should make a game of it post 10 pics and pick the smokers
It would be easier to pick out the smokers if you could hear their voices. As teh years go buy, those butts play havoc on the chicks' throats. Eventually they sound like Lauren Bacall or late Lucille Ball.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Really depends on what you are looking for. I'd prefer to date someone who's into fitness. Last time I checked, most girls at bars are drinking and usually smoking. The 20 somethings can pull it off, but the 30 somethings seriously degrade in that scene. I can say for certain that the net quality >>> bar quality once you start talking late 20's and older.

London, ON, Canada- Right half way between Detroit and Toronto. Population around 400 000.
Des Moines and the surrounding burbs are around 400k as well. I would imagine that Bankerguy, Woz, and I are all on an even playing field.Ditka and Otis have a 10-1 advantage on potential prospects. If we are going to do this for $$$ then we have to level the playing field somehow.Ditka and Otis' chicks have to be 8.5 or better and we can slum for 6.5 or better?

I'll be happy to provide updates on online dating results but wouldn't be in for any type of bet/contest. With a son staying with me over half the nights, I'd be at a serious free time disadvantage (for example, I have him 11 of the next 12 nights... doesn't leave much time to squeeze in dates).

Not to mention, I'm just not real comfortable with the idea of a dating competition... :lmao:

London, ON, Canada- Right half way between Detroit and Toronto. Population around 400 000.
Des Moines and the surrounding burbs are around 400k as well. I would imagine that Bankerguy, Woz, and I are all on an even playing field.Ditka and Otis have a 10-1 advantage on potential prospects. If we are going to do this for $$$ then we have to level the playing field somehow.Ditka and Otis' chicks have to be 8.5 or better and we can slum for 6.5 or better?
Fair enough, but this assumes we're all about the same level of attraction.... are we? I suppose that may be the point of this whole exercise, but the reality is a guy like Otis would be more appealing to say a late 20s professional where I'm more appealing to a girl fresh out of college. I say we just have some fun and shares the handles of chicks we're going on dates with amongst ourselves and be reasonable with it. It can be unfair for sure considering there's only about 4 chicks in my area I'd even want to take out and it may be the same for you and bankerguy, but we just have to deal I guess. There's also going to be many more guys too in the Otis and ditka areas, so it should work out being that their competition level should be higher.

Fair enough, but this assumes we're all about the same level of attraction.... are we? I suppose that may be the point of this whole exercise, but the reality is a guy like Otis would be more appealing to say a late 20s professional where I'm more appealing to a girl fresh out of college. I say we just have some fun and shares the handles of chicks we're going on dates with amongst ourselves and be reasonable with it. It can be unfair for sure considering there's only about 4 chicks in my area I'd even want to take out and it may be the same for you and bankerguy, but we just have to deal I guess. There's also going to be many more guys too in the Otis and ditka areas, so it should work out being that their competition level should be higher.
Nope....honestly had no trouble finding decent girls to date. I was actually having to not talk to some of the decent girls based on the volume of interest I was getting. Happy to share my experiences here. Similiar to Stu, I have a son I have 50% of the time. This would be my only handicap or excuse...neither of which I will use. I am not making this up.....if you are half decent looking and can write an intelligent and witty profile you are gold.Well I will start things off starting later tonight.I will provide frequent updates on how things are going.

So is this thread going to include links to pics? I was thinking it can't hurt, as long as we load them to imageshack and don't include names. Thoughts? :goodposting:

So is this thread going to include links to pics? I was thinking it can't hurt, as long as we load them to imageshack and don't include names. Thoughts? :rolleyes:
works for me. Or we can privately e-mail one another to avoid any crazy lurkers or posters on here who may interfere. Obviously we don't want to be screwing with either our lives or the girls' lives. I'm stuck in my office all night tonight so I may join as a break - esp. if bankerguy is kicking it off.

So is this thread going to include links to pics? I was thinking it can't hurt, as long as we load them to imageshack and don't include names. Thoughts? :lol:
works for me. Or we can privately e-mail one another to avoid any crazy lurkers or posters on here who may interfere. Obviously we don't want to be screwing with either our lives or the girls' lives. I'm stuck in my office all night tonight so I may join as a break - esp. if bankerguy is kicking it off.
If the trust level builds.....I will share a pic with Woz/Otis on the girl I just hooked up. We will see.My update will be done before 9pm tonight.

well first of all i live an hour outside of the city..just take the train down into the loop everyday (most the girls my age live up north, so im not in the prime area here). Either way, there are girls around to be had, I just think you guys would be overestimating the amt especially considering the travel time/money i would have to put in to date some girls on the north side.With that said, i like the idea better of just sharing expeirences. I think the best thing to do would be to start a seperate thread with the people joining. We can all sign up, help each other out with profiles etc...Im a very competitive person (play in 4 basketball leagues during winter and fall/currently in 3 softball leagues) but girls isnt somthing im willing to bet on because i dont think thats appropriate. We could all imageshack (someone will have to tell me how) a couple of pictures for the thread to be put in the original post and whoever starts it can add them. It would be fun, plus give us some motivation.

well first of all i live an hour outside of the city..just take the train down into the loop everyday (most the girls my age live up north, so im not in the prime area here). Either way, there are girls around to be had, I just think you guys would be overestimating the amt especially considering the travel time/money i would have to put in to date some girls on the north side.With that said, i like the idea better of just sharing expeirences. I think the best thing to do would be to start a seperate thread with the people joining. We can all sign up, help each other out with profiles etc...Im a very competitive person (play in 4 basketball leagues during winter and fall/currently in 3 softball leagues) but girls isnt somthing im willing to bet on because i dont think thats appropriate. We could all imageshack (someone will have to tell me how) a couple of pictures for the thread to be put in the original post and whoever starts it can add them. It would be fun, plus give us some motivation.
Works for me. Gonna maybe join tonight or at least tweak my profile. When do you plan on joining? And do you want to start that other thread?

Pretty much what you said is what I meant with my whole "creepy" comment. I know my ex once said she almost tried match.com and I laughed at her for it. Had she been on there when we started dating I'd have definitely been a little weirded out by it and thought her to be desparate and therefore less apealing. I don't want that to happen to me nor do I want friends seeing me on there. What could ease me from thinking this would be the incentive of a fun little competition and success. After all a lot is cured if your sex life is doing well.
Yeah, I used to ridicule people based on stereotypes too. :angry:

Hey hey hey, you sign up that mf'er and get this thing rolling there little Mikey. You're initial bet was with Disco Stu and I. No backing out now because you've suddenly realized you're on the sucker end of it. You back out now, you can just send the cash.

Users who are viewing this thread