What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jorts: Reloaded (1 Viewer)

BGP

Indians Fever
I have now seen two men (late 20s-early 30s) wearing jorts in the past two days. Just saw one at the pump this afternoon. Nuttin like a nice pair of faded jorts on a light sunny day. Yup, jorts are still IN. Opinion of some in the FFA? Not so much.

no pics!

By jorts you mean jean shorts? Pretty much everyone wears them in the summer over here. What other kind of shorts are there besides kacky shorts.

Do mean shorts or jean boardshorts that go down to the knee?

I dont see anyone wearing jean shorts (jorts)... but lots of jean boardshorts in Cali.

I have now seen two men (late 20s-early 30s) wearing jorts in the past two days. Just saw one at the pump this afternoon. Nuttin like a nice pair of faded jorts on a light sunny day. Yup, jorts are still IN. Opinion of some in the FFA? Not so much.

no pics!
Very nice work on the faded look of your post. I thought something was wrong with my monitor for a second. A lot of work went into that. Props.

It seems to me that the older people (over 40?) on this board think jean shorts are a no no. :shock:

But like I said most younger people in NY wear jean shorts. But they gotta be a little big and baggy. Tucking in your shirt is gay and above the knee is also teh gay. I suppose maybe Ill change my mind when Im not in my 20s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a guy (mid 40s) walk down the street with jorts, sport socks pulled up to the knees, white sneakers and a short sleeve jean shirt. Pointed him out to the girlfriend and she was close to tears from laughing.

Everyone here keeps saying they are out but I was in downtown Chicago last weekened and saw a ton of jorts.

OK I just did a little informal survey when I went food shopping. I counted all the types of shorts worn by males of any age group. Here are the results and age breakdown.

Jean shorts 9 (3 men over 50, 3 men in their 20s/30s, 3 boys in their teens)

Khaki shorts 7 (6 men over 50, 1 man in his 20s/30s)

Basketball shorts 6 (1 man in his 30s, 1 man in his 50s, 1 boy in his teens, 3 children under 10)

Out of all the people the men wearing the basketball shorts looked the most ridiculous. The men with the short shorts (1 had on jean shorts another khakis) looked ridiculous as well. And the men with the shirts tucked into their shorts (4 in khakis) wouldve looked better if they just untucked their shirts.

There is nothing wrong with denim shorts. Anyone that says otherwise simply lacks fashion sense. That said, the cut, wash, and fit can certainly make any fabric look bad.

My guess is that the haters are thinking back to the days of cut off frayed shorts. Those are no longer in style.

Flaming Moe said:
OK I just did a little informal survey when I went food shopping. I counted all the types of shorts worn by males of any age group. Here are the results and age breakdown.Jean shorts 9 (3 men over 50, 3 men in their 20s/30s, 3 boys in their teens)Khaki shorts 7 (6 men over 50, 1 man in his 20s/30s)Basketball shorts 6 (1 man in his 30s, 1 man in his 50s, 1 boy in his teens, 3 children under 10)
shadyrider, counting the teanagers is already stretching it but children under 10?!
Basketball shorts are fashionable for children. Seems to make a point.

Flaming Moe said:
OK I just did a little informal survey when I went food shopping. I counted all the types of shorts worn by males of any age group. Here are the results and age breakdown.Jean shorts 9 (3 men over 50, 3 men in their 20s/30s, 3 boys in their teens)Khaki shorts 7 (6 men over 50, 1 man in his 20s/30s)Basketball shorts 6 (1 man in his 30s, 1 man in his 50s, 1 boy in his teens, 3 children under 10)
shadyrider, counting the teanagers is already stretching it but children under 10?! Why don't you have a diaper category for babies?
:confused: I broke down the survey into age group. You can do whatever you want with the numbers.

There is nothing wrong with denim shorts. Anyone that says otherwise simply lacks fashion sense. That said, the cut, wash, and fit can certainly make any fabric look bad. My guess is that the haters are thinking back to the days of cut off frayed shorts. Those are no longer in style.
:confused: Thats what I think as well. Cuz as long as Ive been on this earth jean shorts have been normal to wear at least here in NYC for all age groups. But like I said above they gotta be loose fitting and below the knee. Oh and also light ones like teh gay also. Darker jean shorts are very fashionable.

I've heard that 35-year olds wearing jorts while playing WoW in public are complete babe magnets.

I've heard that 35-year olds wearing jorts while playing WoW in public are complete babe magnets.
So much so that they could just go up to a cute girl they just met and kiss her. They don't mind at all. I think the babes wouldn't initiate such activity on a first meeting, but it can be incredibly romantic to them if you do it.

There is nothing wrong with denim shorts. Anyone that says otherwise simply lacks fashion sense. That said, the cut, wash, and fit can certainly make any fabric look bad. My guess is that the haters are thinking back to the days of cut off frayed shorts. Those are no longer in style.
:thumbup: Thats what I think as well. Cuz as long as Ive been on this earth jean shorts have been normal to wear at least here in NYC for all age groups. But like I said above they gotta be loose fitting and below the knee. Oh and also light ones like teh gay also. Darker jean shorts are very fashionable.
:lmao:

Definition of jorts in the urban dictionary.

Jean shorts. Worn mostly by children and douchebags. Jorts are perhaps the easiest way to recognize people you will not like. If you wear jorts, you probably don't talk to girls. The term "jorts" does not apply to jean shorts worn by black people, as those are entirely acceptable.

:bye: Thats what I think as well. Cuz as long as Ive been on this earth jean shorts have been normal to wear at least here in NYC for all age groups. But like I said above they gotta be loose fitting and below the knee. Oh and also light ones like teh gay also. Darker jean shorts are very fashionable.
:P
Is it?

Jean shorts. Worn mostly by children and douchebags. Jorts are perhaps the easiest way to recognize people you will not like. If you wear jorts, you probably don't talk to girls. The term "jorts" does not apply to jean shorts worn by black people, as those are entirely acceptable.
Horrible definition. Jorts are classic and will never go out of style.

I bet Pickles is a closet jorts wearer. :yes: Thou dost protest too much.
Sure thing, Auric.
...o.........o....._......oooo888888o_

..`88.......d8P..o88p....;8P""'''''`88b.........,o..........._

....88L.....d8P.Y8b88.....88.........`88..._.....Y8L........88.

.....Y8b....88'.`88Y8b....`88.........88'.d8L.....Y8b.......88'

......`88o.d8F...88[Y8b....Y8b......,88P...Y8b.....`Y8b_...J88

........YPd88'..,88..Y8b....88oo.,8888'....`88.......`88b..d8P

.........,88....d8booo88L...Y88Y8888b.......Y8b........`Y8888'

........,88'....d88PPPPP88..Y8b....Y8b......]88..........;88

.......d88......88[.....`88.`88.....Y88.....]88_____,....d8P

.......Y8'......YP.......Y88.Y8b.....`Y88...`88888888P..d8P

..........................`'.`88'......`YP..............88[

...............................'........................88[

........................................................`'

I thought only chicks really cared about what everbody else is wearing. I'd be hard pressed to tell you what kind of shirt any of the guys in my home game wore last night. Forget about the pants or shoes.

ever think its pretty lame to be grown men and criticize others on what they wear?

Fall into the gap I guess. Who cares about wearing what ya want, when ya want.

More jort observations:

Just got back from picking up my mom at the airport and saw four jort-wearing men.

One was with a woman.

One had a mullet.

One had a skullet.

One was wearing a t-shirt with a donkey on it that read "I'm a smart one."

Do mean shorts or jean boardshorts that go down to the knee?I dont see anyone wearing jean shorts (jorts)... but lots of jean boardshorts in Cali.
All my shorts go to my knee. :confused:Also, what the #### is up with the plaid shorts? I saw 4 pairs today at least.
what kinda shorts are you wearing??plaid have been "in" for a couple summers now at least.
I hate them though and seemed to see more today than on the average.I usually am only wearing a khaki cargo short when I actually care about what I look like. I do own jorts and probably wore them last summer at some point, but more when I am semi-bummin it.

Jorts are classic and will never go out of style.....
for people who live in trailer parks.

no jorts for the white man...i think it's ok for the black man to wear black or dark colored jorts, though i'm still not sure.

It seems to me that the older people (over 40?) on this board think jean shorts are a no no. :boxing:But like I said most younger people in NY wear jean shorts. But they gotta be a little big and baggy. Tucking in your shirt is gay and above the knee is also teh gay. I suppose maybe Ill change my mind when Im not in my 20s.
:lmao: Where in NY exactly? Lake Geneva?NYC, I've seen some jorts lately- on late, middle-aged Eastern European guys with moustaches and on thuggish guys in their mid 20s from PR and DR wearing mesh tank tops. I'd assume if either of those were your fashion role-models, jorts are WAY in.

Users who are viewing this thread