Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Jorts: Reloaded

BGP

Another sighting tonight. There was a minor fire in our building after a pump seized up. One of the "officials" on the scene was sporting jorts, a cell phone clip, and a fanny pack. That's a look that never goes out of style.

A bluetooth would really complete that look.
He had a walkie talkie.Funny thing about this incident, there was no alarm sounded, nor was the building evacuated. The "evacuation" process encompassed people milling around wondering what the smell was and eventually running into frantic fire fighters with hoses. It's not like we were gonna die or anything, but jeebus..
I'll be rocking my Jorts and Crocs at mhII to prove that the look can be pulled off, if I feel crazy enough I may throw the bluetooth in.
Oh it'll prove it alright..

Another sighting tonight. There was a minor fire in our building after a pump seized up. One of the "officials" on the scene was sporting jorts, a cell phone clip, and a fanny pack. That's a look that never goes out of style.

I thought I posted this a while back. It might have been accidentally deleted.

On the last day of school the kids spend the last hour or so just hanging out and signing yearbooks. We have to supervise them. This guy I work with says "I'm going to go put on my shorts."

Guy comes back wearing a sweet pair of jorts...with his polo tucked in...and a nice big belt...with his cell phone/holster clipped on. To round out the ensemble he also has those big, spongy leash things on his sunglasses.

I snapped this a while back. I thought it was a special moment. Oh, and this kid has no chance.

Link.

:yes:

"Son, wearing jorts is a Torkelson family tradition. It started way back in 1776 when your great-great-great-great-great grandfather Elihu Torkelson wore a pair of canvas knee-breeches when he signed the Declaration of Independence..."

I thought I posted this a while back. It might have been accidentally deleted.

On the last day of school the kids spend the last hour or so just hanging out and signing yearbooks. We have to supervise them. This guy I work with says "I'm going to go put on my shorts."

Guy comes back wearing a sweet pair of jorts...with his polo tucked in...and a nice big belt...with his cell phone/holster clipped on. To round out the ensemble he also has those big, spongy leash things on his sunglasses.

:excited:

I don't have time to dice jorts up into little categories. I'm a busy man.

:nerd::bag: :lmao:Apparently I do. :no:
I also started taking pics of :jortwearers: on my cameraphone... only one has come out-I'll try and post when i remember to send the photo to myself. It doesn't even come close to the father and son combo however... :bag:FWIW- the cutoff thing seems to have made a big comeback this summer amongst the fashionable NYC gay crowd (the more femme of the gay crowd). I'm seeing them everywhere and wondering whether people are buying them pre-cut, or cutting them themselves. I wonder because the jeans are of the $200+, Otis variety.

Let's just be frank. If you are uncomfortable wearing jorts because you think they are out of fashion, and mock those who do, you're pretty much a weenie.

OK
Is that BGP? otherwise this photo doesn't make much sense as that guy is wearing jeans.

Let's just be frank. If you are uncomfortable wearing jorts because you think they are out of fashion, and mock those who do, you're pretty much a weenie.

OK
Is that BGP? otherwise this photo doesn't make much sense as that guy is wearing jeans.
No, they're jorts.

OK
:lmao:

How long was he doing that so that you actually had time to take a pic?!

:)

I got my camera out when he stood up. He just happened to start picking his ### when I took the pic.

I have now seen two men (late 20s-early 30s) wearing jorts in the past two days. Just saw one at the pump this afternoon. Nuttin like a nice pair of faded jorts on a light sunny day. Yup, jorts are still IN. Opinion of some in the FFA? Not so much.

no pics!

Very nice work on the faded look of your post. I thought something was wrong with my monitor for a second. A lot of work went into that. Props.
:goodposting:

Opened this thread for the first time, and I'm impressed already.

I had a few interesting observations to add to the "Jort Blog"...

High Volume Jort Area (HVJA) - I recently took the kids to get ice cream and noticed that there were LOTS of dudes wearing jorts. They were mostly middle-aged, overweight, caucasion jort wearers who were there with their families. I assume they either had no clue, or had just given up on life.

High Jort to Short Ratio Area (HJTSRA) - I recently went to the local park for a run. There is a dog-park there. There was an amazingly high jort-to-short ratio amongst the people there (men AND women). I'd say out of 30 people, at least 20 were wearing jorts. Does the crazy dog fanatic segment love jorts, or was this just a coincidence? There was also a high ratio of NASCAR hats if this means anything.

I had a few interesting observations to add to the "Jort Blog"...High Volume Jort Area (HVJA) - I recently took the kids to get ice cream and noticed that there were LOTS of dudes wearing jorts. They were mostly middle-aged, overweight, caucasion jort wearers who were there with their families. I assume they either had no clue, or had just given up on life. High Jort to Short Ratio Area (HJTSRA) - I recently went to the local park for a run. There is a dog-park there. There was an amazingly high jort-to-short ratio amongst the people there (men AND women). I'd say out of 30 people, at least 20 were wearing jorts. Does the crazy dog fanatic segment love jorts, or was this just a coincidence? There was also a high ratio of NASCAR hats if this means anything.

I wanna know whos behind the whole anti-jorts campaign and where it originated, because jorts seem to be ubiquitous. Everywhere I go is jorts central. Did the public just not get the memo?

I'd say out of 30 people, at least 20 were wearing jorts. Does the crazy dog fanatic segment love jorts, or was this just a coincidence? There was also a high ratio of NASCAR hats if this means anything.

Boadloads