Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Jorts: Reloaded

BGP

And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.

X
:banned:
I don't make the trends, but college aged people have already jumped on it. 20 and 30 somethings will be soon to follow.
Unfortunately, he's not lying. These are all the rage on the insanely preppy SMU campus.
I'm keeping my eye on this look.
I definitely should have mentioned it's mainly for the preppy crowd right now.

It will soon get to everybody (I'm sure it has out West and in bigger cities), but for now it's usually the Sperry and Ralph Lauren Polo wearing crowd.

"In" and "college" aren't exactly two words that I think of as being mutually inclusive, IMO... unless you're a college student. Mass-market, maybe, but not In. :banned:

Now lets get back to some Jorts, dammit.

Just built a picnic table from scratch with my bare hands caulked some trim boards so the wife could paint and went to the gym to work out all while wearing a pair of what you people call jorts. What have you manly non jort wearers done this memorial day?

You cannot be serious. If people are older (married, etc.) then they can pretty much wear whatever they want in my eyes. But if you go to the gym and work out in jorts, khaki shorts, or pretty much anything besides athletic shorts, then you are beyond help.

And as for what's "in." Khaki shorts without cargo pockets that hit right at the knee (think the kind that your dad or grandad might wear on the golf course they look decent with Sperry's) are either already in or coming back depending on where you live.

I usually wear athletic shorts to the gym. In this case the gym was closing early for memorial day and I stopped in on the way home from the lumber yard. Why am I explaining this to you all? I'm 45 years old and I can do whaterver the #### I want.
Can we get a pic of these jorts? Seriously.
Here ya go..

http://web.ivenue.com/bellsalesco/images/Dcs13.jpg

Holy. Crap.
Now we're talking. :banned:

THOSE are some jorts, by gum.

X
:thumbdown:
I don't make the trends, but college aged people have already jumped on it. 20 and 30 somethings will be soon to follow.
Unfortunately, he's not lying. These are all the rage on the insanely preppy SMU campus.

It will soon get to everybody (I'm sure it has out West and in bigger cities), but for now it's usually the Sperry and Ralph Lauren Polo wearing crowd.

"In" and "college" aren't exactly two words that I think of as being mutually inclusive, IMO... unless you're a college student. Mass-market, maybe, but not In. :potkettle:

It's no secret that 18-25 year old folks dictate much of what goes on in the fashion and entertainment world. Don't worry, everyone else will catch up (God, that sounds like something lhucks would say).

Even Joe had a thread about wearing topsiders (Sperry's) awhile back which are part of this overall style. And the no pockets khaki shorts are just the next progression in what we've seen over the past decade: cargo shorts with large pockets, then a couple of years ago the more streamlined look came in (which has been alluded to in this thread), and now the extra pockets aren't there anymore and the shorts themselves aren't as baggy.

Well, it seemed most jort wearers were in hibernation yesterday. Not much subject matter to shoot. :lmao: And there were a few that "got away", some real HOF contenders of the 350 lbs. variety that I was unable to take pix of. However, I did snap 3. Enjoy.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Sorry guys. Links fixed.

Edited by ditka85

Just built a picnic table from scratch with my bare hands caulked some trim boards so the wife could paint and went to the gym to work out all while wearing a pair of what you people call jorts. What have you manly non jort wearers done this memorial day?

You cannot be serious. If people are older (married, etc.) then they can pretty much wear whatever they want in my eyes. But if you go to the gym and work out in jorts, khaki shorts, or pretty much anything besides athletic shorts, then you are beyond help.

I usually wear athletic shorts to the gym. In this case the gym was closing early for memorial day and I stopped in on the way home from the lumber yard. Why am I explaining this to you all? I'm 45 years old and I can do whaterver the #### I want.
Can we get a pic of these jorts? Seriously.
Here ya go..

http://web.ivenue.com/bellsalesco/images/Dcs13.jpg

And they're "Dickie's" brand to top it off - solid :wall:

X
:scared:

"In" and "college" aren't exactly two words that I think of as being mutually inclusive, IMO... unless you're a college student. Mass-market, maybe, but not In. :yes:

It's no secret that 18-25 year old folks dictate much of what goes on in the fashion and entertainment world. Don't worry, everyone else will catch up (God, that sounds like something lhucks would say).

Even Joe had a thread about wearing topsiders (Sperry's) awhile back which are part of this overall style. And the no pockets khaki shorts are just the next progression in what we've seen over the past decade: cargo shorts with large pockets, then a couple of years ago the more streamlined look came in (which has been alluded to in this thread), and now the extra pockets aren't there anymore and the shorts themselves aren't as baggy.

Again- saying that college kids en masse are wearing something and so that makes it "in" is a different definition of "in" than what I think of.... thus the mass-market comment I made earlier.

X
:tinfoilhat:

"In" and "college" aren't exactly two words that I think of as being mutually inclusive, IMO... unless you're a college student. Mass-market, maybe, but not In. :shrug:

Again- saying that college kids en masse are wearing something and so that makes it "in" is a different definition of "in" than what I think of.... thus the mass-market comment I made earlier.
Sorry but that argument doesn't even hold up anymore. I've been paying attention to this since it got warmer. Last week I was in the fashion forward city of Little Rock ( :lmao: ) and with the under 30 crowd it's about 50/50 in terms of cargo and no-cargo (with almost no jorts mixed in). I don't care what you wear and your cargo shorts aren't "out," but they've probably got one or two summers at most.

And new fashions are dictated (or better yet marketed to earlier) younger people. Flip flops, boot cut jeans (I don't think you can buy anything besides these now), etc. were all popularized by the under 25 demo in recent years.

You can have whatever definition of "in" you want. Some people have shown us in this thread that they see jorts as still "in." ;)

Until next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but that argument doesn't even hold up anymore. I've been paying attention to this since it got warmer. Last week I was in the fashion forward city of Little Rock ( :lmao: ) and with the under 30 crowd it's about 50/50 in terms of cargo and no-cargo (with almost no jorts mixed in). I don't care what you wear and your cargo shorts aren't "out," but they've probably got one or two summers at most.And new fashions are dictated (or better yet marketed to earlier) younger people. Flip flops, boot cut jeans (I don't think you can buy anything besides these now), etc. were all popularized by the under 25 demo in recent years.You can have whatever definition of "in" you want. Some people have shown us in this thread that they see jorts as still "in." :goodposting:Until next week.

Missed this reply... not sure what argument you're talking about that doesn't hold up?Maybe I'm myopic with this thing... but the wife's a fashion designer and I'm in a design field (architecture) in NYC, so I think of "in" as soemthing maybe a little more fashion-forward rather than the massmarket you're talking about- the things that are being fed to the college students, not what they're dictating. Having watched my wife and the companies she's worked for (some of them in the college-student mass-market realm), I can tell you college age kids don't dictate much of anything other than how things are marketed. Are you talking about another argument?Bring on the jorts, dammit!

jortsaplenty here in NE WIlotta jerseys too

Will be in Eagle River over the 4th.
tell Scooper hey
That's NW WI.
Eagle River <> Mellyhole?beautiful country up there. send me a postcard.
No, that's not Mellyhole.My aunt and uncle own an island or something. :lmao:

jortsaplenty here in NE WI

lotta jerseys too

tell Scooper hey
That's NW WI.
Eagle River <> Mellyhole?

beautiful country up there. send me a postcard.

No, that's not Mellyhole.

My aunt and uncle own an island or something. :goodposting:

wait a second. i might know these people.

,s

• 3 weeks later...

I was golfing yesterday with a friend of a friend who I have met on six or seven occasions prior to golfing with him. Prior to golfing together, I felt like he was fairly cool, but the sum total of my conversations with him probably added to 30 minutes.

He shows up on the course yesterday, collared Polo shirt, stone washed knee length jorts, super white sneakers, socks to the lower calf. Is this guy by definition a dork?

And the worst part about it is that I discussed it with my wife, and said "Could you believe he had jorts on?" To which she responded, "What are jorts?"

Edited by tikitime

jortsaplenty here in NE WI

lotta jerseys too

tell Scooper hey
That's NW WI.
Eagle River <> Mellyhole?

beautiful country up there. send me a postcard.

No, that's not Mellyhole.

My aunt and uncle own an island or something. :moneybag:

wait a second. i might know these people.

,s

Deerskin Lake?

Captured a rare double jorts last night at Buffalo Wild Wings.

First, dude in the foreground. Second, the girl in the background. I was fine with hers as she wore them well. The guy, however, I wanted to intervene with, but left him out there for the rest of the world to deal with.

Double jorts captured in the wild

Nicely done. :goodposting:

I was golfing yesterday with a friend of a friend who I have met on six or seven occasions prior to golfing with him. Prior to golfing together, I felt like he was fairly cool, but the sum total of my conversations with him probably added to 30 minutes. He shows up on the course yesterday, collared Polo shirt, stone washed knee length jorts, super white sneakers, socks to the lower calf. Is this guy by definition a dork?And the worst part about it is that I discussed it with my wife, and said "Could you believe he had jorts on?" To which she responded, "What are jorts?"

A black guy I grew up with only wears jorts, he subbed in my golf league two weeks ago..85 degrees and he was on dark blue denim jorts, ankle socks and a Kanye West pop up pink polo.

I was at Walmart in West Monroe, Louisiana last Sunday. I'm fairly confident in saying that West Monroe is the Jort Mecca. Overwhelming majority of men were sporting them. Crocs with socks were also a big player.

Crocs AND Jorts together? I'm getting dooshe chills picturing it in my head.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I made Jorts this weekend!!!! :doh:

Needed to do work around the house and didn't feel like ruining some shorts - Had some ripped jeans and.... Presto...

My wife couldn't breathe she laughed so hard when I came outside... The white socks and shoes didn't help...

But, I'd have to say for work around the house, they are perfect.