What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Pat the Bat be dealt? (1 Viewer)

Aerial Assault

Footballguy
I have extra pitching, and a guy is offering me Burrell for Arroyo in my NL-only. This is a keeper league but I don't think either one is at a keeper-level salary.

Anyone think Burrell is likely to be traded to the AL? If he goes, he seems like an AL player to me, with his horrible defense and lack of BA and speed (see also, Dunn, Adam). The word here in Philly is pretty mum; anyone have any guesses?

No Pat Burrell won't be traded. He has a no-trade clause and to this point won't accept a trade. It was rumored that the Phillies had worked out a trade last year (to Baltimore) and he wouldn't allow it. I can't imagine him accepting a trade unless he was sent to the Florida to play closer to home.

Add in his ridiculous salary compared to his output and he's nearly untradeable. Even if the Phils pick up a bulk of the payments, which I would be surprised they would do, even though they should, I don't see him being moved.

The fat pig stinks. He spends too much time out getting drunk in Olde City to ever be considered a serious ballplayer.

No Pat Burrell won't be traded. He has a no-trade clause and to this point won't accept a trade. It was rumored that the Phillies had worked out a trade last year (to Baltimore) and he wouldn't allow it. I can't imagine him accepting a trade unless he was sent to the Florida to play closer to home.
Thanks! I actually thought he had no-trade protection in his contract - - he's definitely not a 10-and-5 man - - but some yo-yo I work with said otherwise. I do remeber the Oriole situation last season. A trade to the Marlins wouldn't affect me at all and isn't going to happen, since if anything, they're going to be shedding Miggy and Willis, and he's certainly not going to Tampa, so that works for me.

Add in his ridiculous salary compared to his output and he's nearly untradeable. Even if the Phils pick up a bulk of the payments, which I would be surprised they would do, even though they should, I don't see him being moved. The fat pig stinks. He spends too much time out getting drunk in Olde City to ever be considered a serious ballplayer.
:unsure: Couldn't agree more about how bad he's been, but it's not like I'm giving anything up in Arroyo, who has been simply execrable. Is that true about him hanging in Olde City? I was just at Marmont the other night & will have to look out for him. Nice job on the correct spelling with the "e" at the end, BTW. Thanks for the response.

obviously if the phillies trade him, they're going to have to eat part of his salary - a big part. the pirates dumped kendall despite a huge contract a few years ago. if the phillies want to get rid of burrell badly enough, they can - provided he no longer has a no-trade clause, of course. didn't he nix a trade to the orioles last year or the year before?

Users who are viewing this thread