What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thing #373 to never say to your wife (1 Viewer)

Hoh

Eater of cereal
So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"

Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"

Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :wall: :wall:

Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot:

:thumbup:

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :wall: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :thumbup:
Still doesn't beat the stupidest thing you ever said to her... "I do."

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :wall: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :thumbup:
Hoh is no longer the HOH.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :thumbup: :angry: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :IBTL: :shock:
Hoh is no longer the HOH.
When DOES Big Brother start anyway?

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :wall: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :lmao:
If I was your wife I wouldn't be mad at you...mainly because I don't get the joke.

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :wall: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :shrug:
If I was your wife I wouldn't be mad at you...mainly because I don't get the joke.
:rolleyes:

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :shrug: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :wall: :rolleyes:
Don't take the literal meanings of the words "construction" and "destruction". HTH.

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :lmao: :bye: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :mellow:
Wow.. fantastic shtick.. even more harsh than nomarriage.com

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :lmao: :bye: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :mellow:
Don't take the literal meanings of the words "construction" and "destruction". HTH.
What meaning are we using then?

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :lmao: :hot: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :no: :(
Whatever meaning you want.........

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"

:lmao:
Oh, now I get it... :lmao: ... :lmao: :lmao:

:bye:
OK, I don't get it.

:bye:
OK, I don't get it.
Yeah, me neither. I was just trying to fit in.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Wife is probably mad at you because she thinks you purposefully made a joke that went over her head. When in fact you made a joke that really doesn't make any sense.

Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :lmao: :wall:

:goodposting:
Oh, now I get it... :lmao: ... :confused: :popcorn:
OK, I don't get it.
Construction would indicate building her up.Destruction would indicate that there is something that they need to get rid of.

Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :hot: :wall:

Oh, now I get it... :wall: ... :popcorn: :lmao:
OK, I don't get it.
Construction would indicate building her up.Destruction would indicate that there is something that they need to get rid of.
This guy gets it :confused: . Didn't think I'd be in the minority here :lmao:

Construction would indicate building her up.

Destruction would indicate that there is something that they need to get rid of.
Construction would indicate making her better.Destruction would indicate making her worse.

the problem is that he should have said deconstruction, not destruction....

you can deconstruct something without destroying it, or making it worse. The act of deconstructing does not necessarily mean annihilation or destruction. YHowever, your brain's inability to "get" this joke is something you may want to deconstruct on your own.

:IBTL:
Oh, now I get it... :lmao: ... :shock: :lmao:
OK, I don't get it.
Yeah, ok.Things that you could have said that would have been funnier AND gotten you in Dutch with the wife:

"Under construction would explain why your butt looks like 2 bags of Quik-crete."

"Well your backyard is big enough for a pool."

So we just joined a Gold's Gym that is due to open in a matter of days. We signed my wife up to work with a personal trainer. As a result, they gave some nice T-shirts. My wife says "Look, on the back it says 'I'm under construction'...isnt that cool?"Me at event horizon: "Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?"Me at event horizon + 0.001 seconds: :bye: :wall: Wife at event horizon + 0.002 seconds: :hot: :lmao:
:useless:

Destruction would indicate that there is something that they need to get rid of.
Not really. That's more like "reduction." "It's a smart joke, and I'm not dumbing it down for some mass audience."
How was it a smart joke? I saw it as a dumb joke. I got what he meant. What I didn't get was how he could be so stupid. Destruction doesn't even come close. You may be tearing down fat, but you are building confidence, self-esteem, energy, and health.Again, how was it smart?

Not really. That's more like "reduction." "It's a smart joke, and I'm not dumbing it down for some mass audience."
How was it a smart joke? I saw it as a dumb joke. I got what he meant. What I didn't get was how he could be so stupid. Destruction doesn't even come close. You may be tearing down fat, but you are building confidence, self-esteem, energy, and health.Again, how was it smart?
This was the part the original poster was referring to with his use of "destruction". Nothing smart about it but still kind of funny......

Recognizing seinfeld quotes down? [proninja] you're a smart guy [/proninja], you'll figure it out.

Wow. The gist of it was....

The wife thinks I'm taking a shot at her because she needs to drop more than her fair share of ell-bees.

I suppose I was, but it was all in good fun. Unfortunately I tend to forget women have NO sense of humor regarding that topic.

I asked my wife:

"Let's say you joined and gym and they gave you a t-shirt that said 'under construction'. Then I said to you 'Wouldn't under DEstruction be more appropriate?'. How would you react to that?"

She said "I'd probably just ingore you because that's a really lame joke...you're funnier than that."

Then we made love for 5 hours.

Wow.. fantastic shtick.. even more harsh than nomarriage.com
:hot:

I'm confused by all of this. I put a girl I'm dating on a scale last week. There's nothing wrong with a good weigh-in.

:kicksrock:

I mentioned this to my wife and her response was "What the f*** does that even mean?"

gotta love a woman who curses like a sailor. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread