What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vegas (6 Viewers)

That sounds like a good idea. We've been to a Cirque show @ Disney World and really enjoyed it. Do you have a suggestion for one in Vegas? We like more action and acrobatics. 

I'm also going to keep checking the concerts going on during my stay. Who are some of the resident performers in Vegas currently?
We really liked O; very unique show with a giant pool/stage. 

That said, I'd listen to the VegasGuys around here who have been to multiple ones.  My wife really wanted to see one with water, so we were deciding between O and Le Reve.

I took my wife to see Le Reve 2 weeks ago for our anniversary. Amazing as always.

BLT Steak has a Travelzoo deal, $117 for $210 worth of restaurant credit. We ate and drank ourselves silly and still had leftovers.

Haven't been in 6 years, flying out Saturday.....couple nights of fun before conference Monday. Suggestions? Me and a buddy. Anything new?
Just found out I'm going out for a conference Monday too! Nothing else to add to your post, just that I'm pretty damn pumped and I wanted to say it out loud.

Mrs. Eephus and I are headed out Thurs-Mon for the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Festival at the Orleans.  Four days, 100+ bands, burlesque acts, custom cars, woot.  We're staying on-prem at the Orleans.  I've stayed there before; it's not the greatest but the convenience of being able to stumble to the elevator after the shows makes up for it.

There are bands playing 14-16 hrs per day on multiple stages so I don't know how much time we're going to spend on the Strip.  The only excursion planned right now is an early dinner Friday at the new Momofuku at the Cosmopolitan.  I don't think we're going to make it downtown or to the Pinball Museum this trip but to paraphrase Joaquin Andujar, there is one word that describes Vegas and that word is you never know.  Who knows where we'll end up. 

Yes, at the Cosmo. Sorry about that. I would actually prefer the Panoramic Suite at Vdara but my wife is a smoker and the balcony would keep her from having to make a long walk to go smoke. I can deal with the Cosmo. 

Thanks for responding. We aren't big party people so we probably won't hit any clubs but I'm sure we will be drinking. Not big gamblers ut we will gamble some. I should be ale to get some wagers in on football and basketball. I may play a poker tourney as well.
Since you're staying at Cosmo, remember that Secret Pizza is there:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/secret-pizza-las-vegas

Also I think the absinthe sold in the US (including at the show) is different from the absinthe of lore.  Doesn't have hallucinogenic effects or anything
Absinthe is just booze nowaday.  There's a lot of debate about whether 19th century absinthe contained any hallucinogens or opiates that are different from modern varieties.

nice writeup...what shuttle company did you guys use?  we'll have that big of a group in a few weeks
They're everywhere there. 

The hotel concierge is how we usually got ours.

$90 per trip

Music bumping, light show, one had stripper pole, ample seating for about 14 or so.

We paid $750 for six hours of party bus services ten years ago. If you collect from a large group it's quite reasonable. 

That sounds like a good idea. We've been to a Cirque show @ Disney World and really enjoyed it. Do you have a suggestion for one in Vegas? We like more action and acrobatics. 

I'm also going to keep checking the concerts going on during my stay. Who are some of the resident performers in Vegas currently?
I've seen a lot of Cirque shows and I thought "Ka" was about the worst. No offense. Still good vs. other mediums, but not the top of the Cirque list and definitely not the first Cirque show I'd see. 

If you only do one make it "O." "Mystere" is classic too. 

I've seen a lot of Cirque shows and I thought "Ka" was about the worst. No offense. Still good vs. other mediums, but not the top of the Cirque list and definitely not the first Cirque show I'd see. 

KA was the only one Ive seen and I looked at my watch a few times. 

Was in Vegas for the NCAA Sweet 16 and Great 8. Stayed at Treasure Island and watched the S16 at the Venetian SB, the G8 at Mirage and saw the Le Rev show at Wynn. It was a guys trip with my Dad and brother. Had a fantastic time and would love to do it again next year. Add in that I won $ (@ the SB and playing BJ) and that we went to Phx for some Spring Training baseball after Vegas and I don't think I could have ask for things work out better.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

My personal opinion...I agree.

But what he asked for sounded just like "Ka".

Absinthe is just booze nowaday.  There's a lot of debate about whether 19th century absinthe contained any hallucinogens or opiates that are different from modern varieties.
There are still legit absinthes with a high tujone (sp?) content which is the primary psychoactive ingredient, however it's generally not available in the US. I had ordered a couple bottles over a decade ago and gave it a try with some friends.

while it was hardly a full on "hallucinagenic" experience, there was a notable difference in the buzz. Much "clearer/cleaner" mentally and a bit of a head trip. Part of the issue is there's a smallish window where you've drank enough for the effect, but not so much that the high alcohol content washes over the Tujone and masks its effects. 

It was an intersting experience that left me with the opinion that proper absinthe is legit, and there is an "effect" if sorts, but it's a delicate balancing act and not really profound enough to be worth it. 

My personal opinion...I agree.

But what he asked for sounded just like "Ka".
I appreciate the suggestions guys. I'll probably wait until I get there to pick a show. I'm going at a slow time of year so I'm not sure what's gonna be happening. Some shows may be on break. We'll see. 

Well, it's official. My vacation is booked for 4 nights in a Wraparound Terrace at The Cosmopolitan in mid December. As of right now I don't think I have a fountain view but will probably try the $20 sandwich in hopes of an upgrade. We're flying out of Charlotte non-stop to Vegas and non-stop back. Can't wait.

I would appreciate any advice on a Vegas trip as this is our first time. We're not big drinkers but will probably have a cocktail or 2 walking around on the strip. Things we're looking to do so far are:

1. Well I may surprise the wife with a limo waiting for us at the airport waiting to take us to the Cosmo. Will the driver make a stop by the Vegas sign on the way in if asked?

2. Maybe a helicopter ride over the strip at night.

3. High Roller?

4. Slotzilla zip line downtown?

5. Ride ATVs  in the desert.

6. See some kind of show.

7. Walk around on the strip. 

Restaurants I may try are( some suggested in this thread). If anyone has tried one of these let me know how it was. 

1. Wicked Spoon, we have a free buffet included with our trip. We'll probably do dinner.

2. Holsteins. Also at the Cosmo

3. Secret Pizza, Cosmo

4. The Henry, Cosmo

5. GR Burgr

6. Earl of Sandwich

7. Shake Shack

8. HHAGG

9. In and Out

10. Giordano's

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well, it's official. My vacation is booked for 4 nights in a Wraparound Terrace at The Cosmopolitan in mid December. As of right now I don't think I have a fountain view but will probably try the $20 sandwich in hopes of an upgrade. We're flying out of Charlotte non-stop to Vegas and non-stop back. Can't wait.

I would appreciate any advice on a Vegas trip as this is our first time. We're not big drinkers but will probably have a cocktail or 2 walking around on the strip. Things we're looking to do so far are:

1. Well I may surprise the wife with a limo waiting for us at the airport waiting to take us to the Cosmo. Will the driver make a stop by the Vegas sign on the way in if asked?

3. High Roller?

Restaurants I may try are( some suggested in this thread). If anyone has tried one of these let me know how it was. 

1. Wicked Spoon, we have a free buffet included with our trip. We'll probably do dinner.

3. Secret Pizza, Cosmo

4. The Henry, Cosmo

5. GR Burgr

6. Earl of Sandwich

7. Shake Shack

8. HHAGG

9. In and Out

10. Giordano's

Dinner: Go to Yardbird at The Venetian.  Get the chicken and waffles.  One of the best meals of my life, not joking.

3. High Roller?

3. Secret Pizza, Cosmo

4. The Henry, Cosmo

5. GR Burgr

6. Earl of Sandwich

7. Shake Shack

8. HHAGG

9. In and Out

10. Giordano's

I'd probably skip shake shack, earl of sandwich, and the Henry.  Don't get me wrong--they are all pretty solid--but I don't think that they are like pillars to build your trip upon.  I do think that yardbird is a must. 

I'd probably recommend against doing the helicopter ride over the strip if you are already doing the high roller (which you should do at night by the way).   In regards to the limo at the airport--it's all about what your wife would appreciate.  I'd personally recommend saving the money you would spend on that--and use it to see a second show instead--maybe absinthe or Michael Jackson One.    I think the best way to see the strip is to actually experience it and walk it--so I'm not a big fan of spending lots of money for basic transportation in vegas (and this includes to and from the airport).  If you guys are into shopping---I'd also recommend checking out the Las Vegas premium outlets that are in close proximity to downtown.  You could do that before you go to do the zip lines at slotzilla. 

Thinking of driving out tomorrow night, completing a foursome at Lake Las Vegas for those inviting me, staying in the Westin there that night, then being free for the weekend. I feel too lazy for all that this morning. But that should be why I get off by butt and go. 

Dinner: Go to Yardbird at The Venetian.  Get the chicken and waffles.  One of the best meals of my life, not joking.
You know, when I read this I recalled the first time someone suggested it to me.  I kind of blew off the suggestion because hey, I've had chicken before.  I've had waffles before.  So what.  But wow, what a treat.  Worth every penny (and then some)

Osaurus said:
Nice.  PM me if you want to grab a drink.  Staying at Vdara and will be around the Strip starting Friday afternoon (Death Valley on Wednesday and Red Rock Canyon part of Friday)
No idea what our plans are.  If I sense any downtime, I'll let you know

I actually did that when I was out last September. Also no such thing as too much food
We were just too full and tired to do anything else that night afterwards.  Since we flew out from Charlotte that morning and had no plans, that is OK.  Eat that meal and go to a show and you may pass out.

We were just too full and tired to do anything else that night afterwards.  Since we flew out from Charlotte that morning and had no plans, that is OK.  Eat that meal and go to a show and you may pass out.
Roughly, what kind of price tag are we looking at here. Seems like an awesome night to combine this with a show.

Users who are viewing this thread