Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

On 8/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, PlayaHata said:

I'll be be in Vegas October 8-10.  My wife will be there for a work conference and we're going a few days early since it's been a good 10 years since we've been there.  We're staying at Caesars.  Planning to eat at Yardbird for a lunch or dinner and Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast at a minimum.  Since we're staying at Caesars, we'll probably see Absinthe as well.

Any other recommendations of things to do at Caesars or close by there?

The Bacchannal buffet at caesars is the best on the strip. A little pricy at $50/person but damn well worth it IMO.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

98000 after 14 levels.  in the 

Made day 2.  Started with 10k. Ended with 29.5k.    373 left.  I'm 104th.  128 get paid.  Grinded like a mf with 4800 to 8 k chips levels 2 to 7.   

I don't have an AJ offsuit busted on the turning river lingo to share, but took the fam to Vegas for the first time this week (their first time, not mine).  Had a great time despite the 115 degree hea

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

This place is more upscale and opened in Charlotte back in Jan:  http://haberdish.com/

Probably my favorite place all around due to great sides/cocktails while being a short walk from my house.

Thanks. And I should rephrase "legit". I've no doubt it'll be good at what it's doing. I'm not a fan of taking humble type food of the people and turning it into expensive "kicked up" versions. BBQing Wagyu brisket for example is counter to the soul of BBQ. Or street tacos that cost $5 each. I see restaurants do the same with Collards or Fried Chicken. We'll see. Not saying it's not good quality. As for some, it'll be exactly what they want. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. And I should rephrase "legit". I've no doubt it'll be good at what it's doing. I'm not a fan of taking humble type food of the people and turning it into expensive "kicked up" versions. BBQing Wagyu brisket for example is counter to the soul of BBQ. Or street tacos that cost $5 each. I see restaurants do the same with Collards or Fried Chicken. We'll see. Not saying it's not good quality. As for some, it'll be exactly what they want. 

Gotcha.  A place like this for instance.

For me, as long as restaurant does what it tries to do well without way overcharging, I am happy.  Guess I don't have that same hangup with some foods.  I've had great fried chicken at higher-end places, even if it is a different experience. 

On the other hand, I would never order pulled pork or brisket at a place like this.  Just not possible to do it as well in a standard kitchen.

Yardbird does a lot of things well though.  Short ribs and fried green tomatoes BLT are other highlights.  Along with the bourbon menu.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slapdash said:

Gotcha.  A place like this for instance.

For me, as long as restaurant does what it tries to do well without way overcharging, I am happy.  Guess I don't have that same hangup with some foods.  I've had great fried chicken at higher-end places, even if it is a different experience. 

On the other hand, I would never order pulled pork or brisket at a place like this.  Just not possible to do it as well in a standard kitchen.

Yardbird does a lot of things well though.  Short ribs and fried green tomatoes BLT are other highlights.  Along with the bourbon menu.

Exactly @Slapdash. Price's is a perfect example of what I love. I have a passion for that type of food done that way. It's honest and soulful and authentic and real. All those things come through in the food and the people behind it. 

What I find fascinating is a place like Yardbird might have some of the same items, but it feels on the other end of the spectrum of soulful, authentic and real. 

The very essence of Southern rustic and authentic food is that it's not overly slick and polished. I'm going to guess Price's spent zero dollars on their logo. And the owners likely can't have a detailed strategic discussion on "branding". My guess is Yardbird's primary focus to start was a logo and branding. My guess also is as a business, Yardbird is wildly profitable making a ton of money compared to Prices. On the typical "scorecard of business", I'm going to guess Yardbird is the avalanche winner over Price's. 

If you let me choose which spot I'd rather go though, FOR ME, it's Prices 10 to 1. Maybe it's 100 to 1. 

But I also fully accept I'm not normal. 

20 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Exactly @Slapdash. Price's is a perfect example of what I love. I have a passion for that type of food done that way. It's honest and soulful and authentic and real. All those things come through in the food and the people behind it. 

What I find fascinating is a place like Yardbird might have some of the same items, but it feels on the other end of the spectrum of soulful, authentic and real. 

The very essence of Southern rustic and authentic food is that it's not overly slick and polished. I'm going to guess Price's spent zero dollars on their logo. And the owners likely can't have a detailed strategic discussion on "branding". My guess is Yardbird's primary focus to start was a logo and branding. My guess also is as a business, Yardbird is wildly profitable making a ton of money compared to Prices. On the typical "scorecard of business", I'm going to guess Yardbird is the avalanche winner over Price's. 

If you let me choose which spot I'd rather go though, FOR ME, it's Prices 10 to 1. Maybe it's 100 to 1. 

Well, did you get the fried chicken for lunch? How was it?

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

I had lunch there today. 

My bad...missed that update.  Saw where you said you'd try it...but didn't see the review.

I guess your choosing Prices over it by 100 to 1 is your review.

Just now, tdoss said:

My bad...missed that update.  Saw where you said you'd try it...but didn't see the review.

I guess your choosing Prices over it by 100 to 1 is your review.

No worries @tdoss. I know I was rambling. I'll get something in a minute. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Sorry. Hang on @kutta  It's kind of complicated and I want to be fair. Let me finish up some FBG stuff. Back in a minute.

Finish FBG stuff? What could possibly be more important than posting in the Vegas thread in the FFA?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

I get your mindset here.  You've owned at least two businesses and obviously care about doing things the right way. 

But it is worthwhile to remember that Vegas really isn't a place for the Price's of the world.  When I've been places there I'm more interested in well-prepared unique and/or creative cuisine.  Yardbird delivers on that (IMO).  While they care about marketing, they also care about delivering a very good product.

• Like 1

Ok. Long review. Done with FBG work for the day.

TLDR version:  Yardbird in Las Vegas is a very polished modern restaurant serving relatively expensive Southern inspired food. I ate there. It was good. I'd probably go back.

Long version:

There for lunch. Busy and buzzing.

Zero southern vibe. You can't put a whisky barrel up and a picture of Elvis and make it "Southern". (And for the record, I can't describe in words how one "does" make it Southern but we know it when we see it). But no Southern vibe is not necessarily a bad thing. The hostess was nice and friendly. Like many new restaurants, it's open and very loud. No quiet conversations here. It's high energy and noisy with folks forced to talk loud to be heard. Again, not a bad thing. I'm certain it's intentional. But it is a thing.

The server seemed attentive and enthusiastically recommended the fried chicken. Said very confidently it was brined for 27 hours (as if that was some sort of secret time). I asked him what it was brined in. He said "vegetable oil". I said, no what is it brined in, not cooked in". (to be fair, it was loud enough it was easy for him not to have heard it right). He then said with much less confidence it was brined in salt and water and spices. All good.

My wife ordered the $15 Blue Plate Special that was 2 pieces of fried chicken and 4 small pieces of watermelon and a biscuit. We asked for a leg and a thigh and the server said he'd ask the chef. 

I got the BLT Chicken Sandwich for $16 that was grilled chicken and a fried green tomato and bacon. With Fries.

For sides, I ordered Collard Greens ($10 for bowl - about 2 servings)  and Mac and Cheese $10 for small cast iron dish. Enough for 2 servings. 

Fried Chicken: 6 out of 10. The fried chicken was good. Normal size pieces (which is a good thing). But not special at all. But good. Comes with their "honey hot sauce" that is good but not special. It tasted like franks hot sauce and honey and maybe butter. 

The watermelon was fine. A bit of spice on it. 4 small 1" cubes. It was watermelon.

Biscuit. 5 out of 10. The biscuit was fine. Small but not bad. Not special at all. 

Collard Greens 8 out of 10. Collards were excellent. The menu says they come with "cracklins". This is one of those things where I do the southern food snob thing. What they came with were regular pork rinds from a plastic bag like every gas station in the south has. Cracklins are different and much better with greens. Pork rinds are fine too. But these were from a bag. The greens had lots of meat shredded and lots of onion. They had a great flavor. Lots of places mail in the Collards and they did not. By far the best thing I had.

Mac and Cheese 6 out of 10. This was ok. Bright orange and I don't mean this in a bad way but sort of better version of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Shells instead of elbow pasta which is not good or bad, but different. Breadcrumbs on top. I'd say 6 out of 10. Not special. 

Grilled Chicken BLT. 7 out of 10.  On Texas Toast. Extra thick sliced bacon and pimento cheese with fried green tomato. All good. 

Fries were standard frozen fries. Zero special. Below average. 

Butterscotch Cake 6 out of 10. I was full but wanted to try the dessert. They had Peach Cobbler on the menu that they say they bake on order. They must do something else to it as it cost $25. I went with the Butterscotch Cake. Mostly because it said it has "bacon frosting". It was $12. But you did a golfball size scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was good. Like most cake is. Regular size piece of cake. The frosting didn't have any bacon pieces or dusting or anything. It didn't taste much like bacon but was good. More of a buttercream which went fine with the cake. Good but not wow.  Coffee to drink.

Basically, it was just about what I thought it'd be. $75 for lunch without a bar tab is not a cheap lunch. But it's not out of line for other spots in the same class. I'd say it's competitive with other restaurants here doing similar things. 

I fully admit I'm somewhat biased against $15 for two pieces of chicken and a small biscuit. But that's not the restaurant's fault. They offer what they offer and deliver it. I wasn't tricked and given something different than what I ordered. 

But to be clear, it's not as much that as it's about the lack of soulfulness. There's a pretty big element to the "fabricated" part of it for me. If you told me there were 200 of these across the country, I wouldn't be surprised at all. It has that kind of lack of soulfulness. For instance. Sean Brock's HUSK is the same type of expensive working class food and it pegs the meter for soulfulness. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the owners didn't care at all about this type of food. Where for Brock, this type of food is an integral part of who he is. 

I'd go back probably. But I wouldn't run back.

17 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

I get your mindset here.  You've owned at least two businesses and obviously care about doing things the right way. 

But it is worthwhile to remember that Vegas really isn't a place for the Price's of the world.  When I've been places there I'm more interested in well-prepared unique and/or creative cuisine.  Yardbird delivers on that (IMO).  While they care about marketing, they also care about delivering a very good product.

Absolutely @Slapdash  I mean it when I say it's more about me than the restaurant. 

12 minutes ago, lakerstan said:

I live in Vegas and have never even heard of Yardbird.  I need to go down to the strip more often.

Though it was pretty cool driving 20 minutes to Caesars Friday night to see The Who....

I don't know @lakerstan  If I lived here, I don't think I'd be on the strip too much. What are the local restaurants you like?

8 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Fried Chicken: 6 out of 10. The fried chicken was good. Normal size pieces (which is a good thing). But not special at all. But good. Comes with their "honey hot sauce" that is good but not special. It tasted like franks hot sauce and honey and maybe butter. 

I'm going to have to come eat fried chicken with you because Yardbird fried chicken is the best I've ever had. I love the chicken, love the hot sauce, and love that I can get an awesome rye whiskey to top it all off. Yardbird is my one must-eat at place in Vegas, and I usually go twice.

What place(s) warrant a 10 out of 10 for you for fried chicken?

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'm going to have to come eat fried chicken with you because Yardbird fried chicken is the best I've ever had. I love the chicken, love the hot sauce, and love that I can get an awesome rye whiskey to top it all off. Yardbird is my one must-eat at place in Vegas, and I usually go twice.

What place(s) warrant a 10 out of 10 for you for fried chicken?

I don't know I give anywhere a 10. But in the last year I've had Gus' (Memphis, Knoxville and other places), Princes in Nashville, Hattie B's in Nashville, Pepperfire in Nashville, Boltons in Nashville, Wright's Cafeteria in Knoxville, Husk in Nashville / Charleston, Jackie's Dream in Knoxville, Chandlers Deli in Knoxville that were all way better than what I had today at Yardbird. For half the price. (except for HUSK)

But it's different too. None of those places are places, save for HUSK, are where you get an awesome rye whiskey. So if we want to talk the actual chicken (which I am) Yardbird isn't special. If it's fried Chicken and a great whiskey, Yardbird wins there. 

Edit to add, I haven't had it yet, but I'd bet my last dollar @tipsy mcstagger 's fried chicken is way better than this. And I know for a fact it has more soul. ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

Yeah, I'd agree.  My goal for Vegas is focused on quality and non-chains.  I don't expect mom and pop (although I'm sure some exist).

50 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Ok. Long review. Done with FBG work for the day.

TLDR version:  Yardbird in Las Vegas is a very polished modern restaurant serving relatively expensive Southern inspired food. I ate there. It was good. I'd probably go back.

Appreciate the review...if you get a chance, post some of your vegas food highlights for those of us returning in the fall :thumbup:

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

And you're more than welcome to join me @kutta !  We should do a FBG  BBQ/Chicken Tour.

I just may take you up on that...

I live in the SW, in Phoenix. So I'm probably the same way about Mexican food and finding a good taco that you are about fried chicken.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kutta said:

I live in the SW, in Phoenix. So I'm probably the same way about Mexican food and finding a good taco that you are about fried chicken.

And where do you go for those?

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

I don't know @lakerstan  If I lived here, I don't think I'd be on the strip too much. What are the local restaurants you like?

There is such a great variety here, but it also allows people to be a bit picky.  Most of the steakhouses named previously will get you a great steak for a slightly elevated price.  

Someone talked about Mexican and the best I've had is a place called El Dorado, which is right behind the strip.  It is right next door to a strip club, but they have separate entrances and I'm comfortable taking visitors there.  This isn't your Taco Bell Mexican.  

http://www.eldoradovegas.com/

Someone also mentioned Mon Ami Gabi, which I think is nicer for breakfast, especially if you can sit outside and it isn't too hot because it's across from the Bellagio fountains.

I'm not a sushi fan, but I've heard Kabuto is about the best you can get.  Only 22 people allowed per service.

GOOD BBQ is unfortunately almost non-existent, but the best in town is probably a place called Rollin' Smoke.  If you've had great Texas BBQ, you can probably skip it.  

The best pricey meat is at Bazaar Meat where they'll gladly serve you REAL A5 Kobe beef for 50 bucks an ounce.  One of only 8 places in America that is CERTIFIED to do so.  2 of the others are in Vegas.... Althogh local favorite dive Herbs and Rye has great 1/2 price steaks during happy hour.  

Most Italian places in town will bury your local Olive Garden (the city was built by the mob, after all).  I've had good experiences at Nora's.

Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by lakerstan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kutta said:

Best Mexican food I've ever had is at Elote right up the road in Sedona...

Edited by lakerstan
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, kutta said:

I bet you're absolutely right, @kutta  Much of it's a regional thing. Sushi for example. Knoxville has a couple of Sushi places thought to be good. But I bet someone from California would laugh at them. And likely rightly so. 

Southwest flies into Nashville from Phoenix I think, we  should do a tour. Or better yet, you can show me the legit Mexican spots in Phoenix.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lakerstan said:

There is such a great variety here, but it also allows people to be a bit picky.  Most of the steakhouses named previously will get you a great steak for a slightly elevated price.  

Someone talked about Mexican and the best I've had is a place called El Dorado, which is right behind the strip.  It is right next door to a strip club, but they have separate entrances and I'm comfortable taking visitors there.  This isn't your Taco Bell Mexican.  

http://www.eldoradovegas.com/

Someone also mentioned Mon Ami Gabi, which I think is nicer for breakfast, especially if you can sit outside and it isn't too hot because it's across from the Bellagio fountains.

I'm not a sushi fan, but I've heard Kabuto is about the best you can get.  Only 22 people allowed per service.

GOOD BBQ is unfortunately almost non-existent, but the best in town is probably a place called Rollin' Smoke.  If you've had great Texas BBQ, you can probably skip it.  

The best pricey meat is at Bazaar Meat where they'll gladly serve you REAL A5 Kobe beef for 50 bucks an ounce.  One of only 8 places in America that is CERTIFIED to do so.  2 of the others are in Vegas.... Althogh local favorite dive Herbs and Rye has great 1/2 price steaks during happy hour.  

Most Italian places in town will bury your local Olive Garden (the city was built by the mob, after all).  I've had good experiences at Nora's.

Good luck and enjoy!

This is the GOLD that comes from threads like this. Thanks @lakerstan

• Like 2
7 hours ago, kutta said:

Kutta...I can attest to Gus' (Memphis) being a tad better...especially factoring price.  You're close enough to L.A...ever been to Roscoe's?

I've had some of the best BBQ ever (and pecan pie) in Phoenix...ever been to "Little Miss BBQ"?

10 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And where do you go for those?

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/location/el-rinconcito-del-df-6493835

http://www.losreyesdelatortaphx.com/index.php

https://www.barriocafe.com/

Three of my favs, but you can pretty much throw a rock and hit a Fileberto's or similar type place that serves pretty darn good Mexican food.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tdoss said:

Kutta...I can attest to Gus' (Memphis) being a tad better...especially factoring price.  You're close enough to L.A...ever been to Roscoe's?

I've had some of the best BBQ ever (and pecan pie) in Phoenix...ever been to "Little Miss BBQ"?

I've never been there, but it's on the list now. I like Pork on a Fork for BBQ here.

8 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

I bet you're absolutely right, @kutta  Much of it's a regional thing. Sushi for example. Knoxville has a couple of Sushi places thought to be good. But I bet someone from California would laugh at them. And likely rightly so. 

Southwest flies into Nashville from Phoenix I think, we  should do a tour. Or better yet, you can show me the legit Mexican spots in Phoenix.

I actually get to Huntsville quite often for work, and fly through Nashville sometimes. I'll hit you up next time I'm out that way.

37 minutes ago, kutta said:

I've never been there, but it's on the list now. I like Pork on a Fork for BBQ here.

Little Miss BBQ destroys Pork on a Fork.  You have to get there around 10:00 to get in line for the 11am open, but order the fatty brisket.  Best brisket and best beans I've ever had. No, I've never done the Texas BBQ circuit.  But I cant fathom meat better than theirs. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, kutta said:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/location/el-rinconcito-del-df-6493835

http://www.losreyesdelatortaphx.com/index.php

https://www.barriocafe.com/

Three of my favs, but you can pretty much throw a rock and hit a Fileberto's or similar type place that serves pretty darn good Mexican food.

Good choices.  Never been to El Rinconcito.  Will have to check it out. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Good choices.  Never been to El Rinconcito.  Will have to check it out. 

It's pretty awesome.

Sorry for the hijack, but are you in Phoenix too? Where do you like to go?

Back to Vegas in just a sec...

13 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Basically, it was just about what I thought it'd be. $75 for lunch without a bar tab is not a cheap lunch. But it's not out of line for other spots in the same class. I'd say it's competitive with other restaurants here doing similar things. 

This is insane - back in the day you could have gone to Peppermill and spent $20 - and probably had a similar meal.

• Like 2

@kuttaYep. 

My wife's preference would rarely be to go for Mexican, so I don't get it often.  Barrio Café is probably my favorite. Carolina's (The original. The other two are NOT as good) is also pretty fantastic.  We hit Taco Guild on occasion for happy hour, but it's not the same as the old school mom and pop places.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Basically, it was just about what I thought it'd be. $75 for lunch without a bar tab is not a cheap lunch. But it's not out of line for other spots in the same class.

I don't understand.

• Like 3

I don't know I give anywhere a 10. But in the last year I've had Gus' (Memphis, Knoxville and other places), Princes in Nashville, Hattie B's in Nashville, Pepperfire in Nashville, Boltons in Nashville, Wright's Cafeteria in Knoxville, Husk in Nashville / Charleston, Jackie's Dream in Knoxville, Chandlers Deli in Knoxville that were all way better than what I had today at Yardbird. For half the price. (except for HUSK)

But it's different too. None of those places are places, save for HUSK, are where you get an awesome rye whiskey. So if we want to talk the actual chicken (which I am) Yardbird isn't special. If it's fried Chicken and a great whiskey, Yardbird wins there. 

Edit to add, I haven't had it yet, but I'd bet my last dollar @tipsy mcstagger 's fried chicken is way better than this. And I know for a fact it has more soul. ;)

Your review for Yardbird was kinda what I was worried about. I was excited from the reviews about the idea of epic fried chicken in vegas, but am not surprised to find out it falls a bit flat when compared to the real juggernauts. 

Gus's Downtown Memphis is pretty "authentic" to me... bare bones / no frills with a fantastic juke and 40oz beers. It's very BYOB friendly as I've brought in wine before and they'd not bat an eye to bringing a bottle of whiskey from my collection. There's a liquor store not far from there as well. 

I'm with Joe on the sticker shock... though I get that it's Vegas. Talk about incredible margins though. Two piece with two sides and white bread at Gus's is $5.50-$6.00 depending on white/dark meat. :lol:

@tipsy mcstagger has touted Gus' as among the, if not the, best he's had... beating out even NOLA staple Fannie Mae's scotch house. My buddy Michael Callaghan, pitmaster for the Canadian national BBQ team (and frequent world food championship finalist) has said it's the best he's had, and it's one of the highlights of his annual BBQfest trip to Memphis. 

I've tried Hattie B's and was kinda unimpressed. Huge fan of that hot chicken sauce flavor profile, but the chicken itself was greasy and not cooked nearly as well as what we get at Gus's... but I may have had a bad batch. 

Kutta I definitely suggest tagging along with Joe if you get the chance. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

@kuttaYep. 

My wife's preference would rarely be to go for Mexican, so I don't get it often.  Barrio Café is probably my favorite. Carolina's (The original. The other two are NOT as good) is also pretty fantastic.  We hit Taco Guild on occasion for happy hour, but it's not the same as the old school mom and pop places.

Crud! I forgot about Carolina's. One of my all-time favs. 

1 hour ago, ffldrew said:

This is insane - back in the day you could have gone to Peppermill and spent $20 - and probably had a similar meal.

You still can. Then go into the lounge and order a drink the size of your head. :bowtie:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, [icon] said:

@tipsy mcstagger has touted Gus' as among the, if not the, best he's had... beating out even NOLA staple Fannie Mae's scotch house. My buddy Michael Callaghan, pitmaster for the Canadian national BBQ team (and frequent world food championship finalist) has said it's the best he's had, and it's one of the highlights of his annual BBQfest trip to Memphis. 

For the record you are referring to Willie Mae's Scotch House in NOLA - some great fried chicken. Just in case someone started looking for a Fannie Mae's there.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

You still can. Then go into the lounge and order a drink the size of your head. :bowtie:

The problem is price inflation has even hit Peppermill - the whole town got jacked up when all the overhyped/priced food places started up.But you can't beat the drinks at Peppermill at 3AM.

Edited by ffldrew
  • Like 1

For the record you are referring to Willie Mae's Scotch House in NOLA - some great fried chicken. Just in case someone started looking for a Fannie Mae's there.

Sorry, yeah… You're 100% correct… Fannie Mae is a damn mortgage program or something. Was very occupied this morning LOL

9 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Sorry, yeah… You're 100% correct… Fannie Mae is a damn mortgage program or something. Was very occupied this morning LOL

Icon - you are much younger than me - trust me it will get worse from here.

1 hour ago, [icon] said:

Your review for Yardbird was kinda what I was worried about. I was excited from the reviews about the idea of epic fried chicken in vegas, but am not surprised to find out it falls a bit flat when compared to the real juggernauts. 

Gus's Downtown Memphis is pretty "authentic" to me... bare bones / no frills with a fantastic juke and 40oz beers. It's very BYOB friendly as I've brought in wine before and they'd not bat an eye to bringing a bottle of whiskey from my collection. There's a liquor store not far from there as well. 

I'm with Joe on the sticker shock... though I get that it's Vegas. Talk about incredible margins though. Two piece with two sides and white bread at Gus's is $5.50-$6.00 depending on white/dark meat. :lol:

I've tried Hattie B's and was kinda unimpressed. Huge fan of that hot chicken sauce flavor profile, but the chicken itself was greasy and not cooked nearly as well as what we get at Gus's... but I may have had a bad batch. 

Kutta I definitely suggest tagging along with Joe if you get the chance. 

Fannie Mae's ....where you can get chicken and default on your mortgage.

It's Willie Maes dummy. :)

• Like 2