Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Vegas


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CR69 said:
3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I'm supposed to be there right now. :kicksrock:

Right now, the dream is to get there in time to enter the Circa Million, and back in December for the opening of the Circa resort.  Hope is all I got right now.

I feel you. We were scheduled to leave in three weeks and that's not happening. I was planning on entering the Circa contest this year too. 😭

Circa is literally the dream right now.  I think I might rather enter the Circa Survivor, if it happens.  I've won a couple of those over the years.  Circa Million/Supercontest seem impossible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, facook said:

Circa is literally the dream right now.  I think I might rather enter the Circa Survivor, if it happens.  I've won a couple of those over the years.  Circa Million/Supercontest seem impossible.

Yeah I was basically hoping to get super lucky and hit a quarterly prize but really I just like to gamble lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I'm supposed to be there right now. :kicksrock:

Right now, the dream is to get there in time to enter the Circa Million, and back in December for the opening of the Circa resort.  Hope is all I got right now.

Let me know when you book for December.  I think I need another trip out there. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

I got some free room offers for July and August at Golden Gate and The D.

I'm not going but those places are pretty run down, right?  

Definitely not The D... Arguably the best place to stay downtown. It's a bit loud, but nice rooms and fun casino.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

I got some free room offers for July and August at Golden Gate and The D.

I'm not going but those places are pretty run down, right?  

Not anymore.  Owned by Derek Stevens, who is the guy building Circa.  His influence has really increased the quality of both of those places.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

4 players to a poker table?  Really?  Looks like I won't be going to Vegas any time soon.

Yup F that.  I’m a decent, winning poker player but I’m not good enough to win 4 handed.  Nice knowing you, poker!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, Drunken Cowboy said:

I am starting to worry about my annual trip for FFPC in September. 

Even before Covid, we were talking about moving the trip to New Orleans.  Now we are not sure what we all want to do.  Most are west coast with one in DC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Haven't read the details.  Wouldn't the next phase be eight players?

hope so.  I just saw an article on Yahoo the other day saying that Vegas initial plans to reopen include 3 players max per blackjack table, 6 per craps table and 4 per poker table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Almost tempted to start researching buying a retirement home there. 

That's our plan due to the weather and no state income tax. If the Veer towers allowed Airbnb we'd already own a unit lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drunken knight said:

Even before Covid, we were talking about moving the trip to New Orleans.  Now we are not sure what we all want to do.  Most are west coast with one in DC

I have never done an online main event team. I may skip this year. Even a shortened season would reck the format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

I have never done an online main event team. I may skip this year. Even a shortened season would reck the format.

we started doing online (vs live) about 4-5 years ago an love it....still do the trip to vegas and draft in someone's room instead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

:lmao:  pathetic.

https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1261048907880181761

They are all touching the same cards. What a desperation attempt to have poker rooms.

The stupid corrupt US govt needs to reinstate on line poker. I would have thought Adelson would be dead by now and we could get going again.

 

Just add water and fish 

Edited by Osaurus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, facook said:

Derek Stevens bought airline tickets for 1000 people in the next 2 weeks.  Reservations all taken within like 2 hours.

And then did it again, three hours later. Gotta love the guy. I guess I better look to booking my free nights at El Cortez and Golden Gate. Although I'll probably wait a few weeks, just to see if there's a hotspot or anything. :oldunsure:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

And then did it again, three hours later. Gotta love the guy. I guess I better look to booking my free nights at El Cortez and Golden Gate. Although I'll probably wait a few weeks, just to see if there's a hotspot or anything. :oldunsure:

Honestly don't think I'm ready to party in Vegas yet (and I'm on the more skeptical end of the covid thing), but if I'd heard about the offer in time I'd have definitely been tempted to try to get on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, facook said:

Honestly don't think I'm ready to party in Vegas yet (and I'm on the more skeptical end of the covid thing), but if I'd heard about the offer in time I'd have definitely been tempted to try to get on board.

Not saying I'm entirely comfortable either, but if we get to the end of June and the 'rona hasn't blossomed like wildfire, I'll go. I want to enter the Circa Millions with my stimulus check.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Not saying I'm entirely comfortable either, but if we get to the end of June and the 'rona hasn't blossomed like wildfire, I'll go. I want to enter the Circa Millions with my stimulus check.

Jealous, I'd love to do that contest too.  I'm assuming you're doing the pick 5 and not the survivor?  I'm super intrigued by the survivor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, facook said:

Jealous, I'd love to do that contest too.  I'm assuming you're doing the pick 5 and not the survivor?  I'm super intrigued by the survivor.

Yeah, the pick 5. He doubled the total prize pool, which means he needs 3000 entries. There were 1800 last year, and now...the possibility exists of a fat overlay. And I'm telling myself that CV is leveling the playing field versus the pros. :whistle: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, facook said:

Pretty good interview with owner of The D and Golden Nugget and Circa.  There's probably more in there on sports betting than most are interested in, but I think he's a fascinating and good dude. Skip to 2:02 for the hour with Stevens. @kevzilla

Derek Stevens

 

what's the timestamp to listen to Musburger talking about shaving his balls

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tiger Fan said:

what's the timestamp to listen to Musburger talking about shaving his balls

1:32 of every "My Guys in the Desert" whenever he actually start broadcasting again.  Man it's not a comfortable read.  Maybe the least comfortable ever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting dynamic. Apparently some eateries in Vegas are charging a voluntary "Covid surcharge".   The "voluntary" part is kinda weird in that it's an awkward "voluntary".  They essentually add the surcharge on your tab and it is up to you to ask them to remove it if you don't want to "volunteer it". Lol. 

https://www.casino.org/news/voluntary-covid-19-fee-now-charged-at-few-eateries-on-las-vegas-strip/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

Interesting dynamic. Apparently some eateries in Vegas are charging a voluntary "Covid surcharge".   The "voluntary" part is kinda weird in that it's an awkward "voluntary".  They essentually add the surcharge on your tab and it is up to you to ask them to remove it if you don't want to "volunteer it". Lol. 

https://www.casino.org/news/voluntary-covid-19-fee-now-charged-at-few-eateries-on-las-vegas-strip/

Vital Vegas is saying they pulled the fee today.

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1271557358460661760

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Casinos around San Diego reopened a few weeks ago.  I went to Barona casino anf it was pretty packed.  Over 80 percent of their slot machines were on and the table games were limited to three people.  Masks required at all times unless esting/drinking.  At the table games, they did touchless betting.  Only dealer allowed to touch cards or chips.  I actually liked only having three people at a blackjack table.  

Edited by jon_mx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, kevzilla said:

Vital Vegas is saying they pulled the fee today.

https://twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1271557358460661760

All of the restaurants that were charging them are?  Your link seemed to indicate that only one restaurant has pulled them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Most of those changes are improvements for me. Can’t stand valets, and always decline housekeeping during hotel stays. Hope these become permanent adjustments to post-COVID life.

Yeah but how am I supposed to bring home a dozen bottles of shampoo now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...