What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Audible Interview - The O.F.F.E.R. System (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Pasquino

Footballguy
http://podcast.footballguys.com/2007/Footb...007-Vol117a.mp3

In This Episode: Cecil Lammey and Jeff Pasquino introduce and break down the newest innovation in Fantasy Football, the O.F.F.E.R. System.

What is it exactly?

The O.F.F.E.R. System is an independent method for rating Fantasy Football players, made available to websites, players, magazines, and leagues for advertising, ranking and seeding purposes.

O.F.F.E.R. will measure the performance of thousands of fantasy players in multiple leagues with different structures and prizes and create a Top 100 Fantasy Football Player list.

It also provides each contest with a method to spread out the talent level across multiple leagues to promote the best competition, as well as create Invitational Tournaments for the best players in the world.

Listen here for the unveiling in The Audible of this revolutionary method of ranking Fantasy Football players - a BCS Formula for Fantasy Football players - the game will never be the same....

I tried to join and you are asking for link to our leagues website. Can't do that with CBS. :wub:
Isn't there a way to "see" CBS leagues if you're not in it?
No,all leagues are for members only.
That's terrible - so you can't have others see your league just to view standings?
I don't think you can view RTSports leagues either.
RTS did when I was in FFWebmastersthe easiest avenue would be if RTS and CBS offer RSS feeds like MFL does. Easy for the member and XML/RSS feeds are so easy to parse and enter into a DB(which is what I imagine Jeff is doing) it really would just be perfect here.

I tried to join and you are asking for link to our leagues website. Can't do that with CBS. :wub:
That's terrible - so you can't have others see your league just to view standings?
RTS did when I was in FFWebmastersthe easiest avenue would be if RTS and CBS offer RSS feeds like MFL does. Easy for the member and XML/RSS feeds are so easy to parse and enter into a DB(which is what I imagine Jeff is doing) it really would just be perfect here.
This is where I pretend to know what that means :) .

I tried to join and you are asking for link to our leagues website. Can't do that with CBS. :goodposting:
This is where I pretend to know what that means :hangover: .
click on RSS feed in a league you're in at MFL(Reports/League/rss feed)

I tried to join and you are asking for link to our leagues website. Can't do that with CBS. :eek:
This is where I pretend to know what that means ;) .
click on RSS feed in a league you're in at MFL(Reports/League/rss feed)
I was kidding. Sort of. :thumbup:

Jeff,

Is this system going to incorporate any past performance or data? Or is it only going to include 2007 data and beyond? Example, I'm sure Emil at the WCOFF can provide data for every year that the league has been in existence. Will you go back that far or not?

Jeff,

Is this system going to incorporate any past performance or data? Or is it only going to include 2007 data and beyond? Example, I'm sure Emil at the WCOFF can provide data for every year that the league has been in existence. Will you go back that far or not?
Hi Radballs,Great question. I think I mentioned this on the podcast, but it was towards the end of it.

I know that you've done well in that contest, so I can appreciate your question.

We're going to go back in time as far as we can to get historical information covered.

I'll be adding a FAQ to The O.F.F.E.R. System's page as soon as I can, but yes we will be covering the history.

The prizes will be based on "going forward" - i.e. crowning whomever is #1 in 2007 - but absolutely the intention is to get as much historical perspective as possible.

Good luck for 2007 and I hope to see you on the Top 100 list!

-Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread