Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Michael Vick Indicted

Chaka

Seems like a legit FFA thread to me.

As to Vick he has skated close to the edge many times, seems like this time he tipped over it a bit. But let's remember any reasonably competent DA can get an indictment on just about anyone from a Grand Jury. This doesn't mean Vick will be found guilty or even go to trial per se.

True but it will be interesting to see how Goodel handles it. Adam Jones was never indicted, so the whole"let the legal system take it's course" line doesn't seem to apply anymore.
Pacman ain't Vick. I am betting that everyone goes hands off until something more comes out.
With an athlete of Vicks marketability you are probably right, but with the water bottle incident earlier this year, missing the congressional meeting and the Ron Mexico incident we are not exactly talking about a choir boy either.

One thing is for sure, I am tuning into some Falcons games this year just to see him get brutalized by the crowds. Do the Falcons play in Cleveland? I hope so.

He was cleared in the water bottle thing and Ron Mexico didn't result in any criminal charges IIRC. Pacman would love to have Vicks record.
I dislike Pacman and his gang of thugs.. But has he been found guilty of anythin gyet?

I know Vick has yet to be convicted either, but both should be treated the same way. If Goodell lets Vick off easy he sets a Bad example just when he started to set a good example, ala Pacman.. :toilet:

Pacman has been arrested more than Vick has even been mentioned in trouble. I am no Vick fan personally. Just don't think he is in Pac land yet. Now more could come out and force Goodells hand but I am thinking the time isn't right yet. If he goes for it though he would have my full support. I am just cynical.

As to Vick he has skated close to the edge many times, seems like this time he tipped over it a bit. But let's remember any reasonably competent DA can get an indictment on just about anyone from a Grand Jury. This doesn't mean Vick will be found guilty or even go to trial per se.

True but it will be interesting to see how Goodel handles it. Adam Jones was never indicted, so the whole"let the legal system take it's course" line doesn't seem to apply anymore.
Pacman ain't Vick. I am betting that everyone goes hands off until something more comes out.
With an athlete of Vicks marketability you are probably right, but with the water bottle incident earlier this year, missing the congressional meeting and the Ron Mexico incident we are not exactly talking about a choir boy either.

One thing is for sure, I am tuning into some Falcons games this year just to see him get brutalized by the crowds. Do the Falcons play in Cleveland? I hope so.

He was cleared in the water bottle thing and Ron Mexico didn't result in any criminal charges IIRC. Pacman would love to have Vicks record.
I dislike Pacman and his gang of thugs.. But has he been found guilty of anythin gyet?

I know Vick has yet to be convicted either, but both should be treated the same way. If Goodell lets Vick off easy he sets a Bad example just when he started to set a good example, ala Pacman.. :goodposting:

Pacman has been arrested more than Vick has even been mentioned in trouble. I am no Vick fan personally. Just don't think he is in Pac land yet. Now more could come out and force Goodells hand but I am thinking the time isn't right yet. If he goes for it though he would have my full support. I am just cynical.
Me too, I think it's justified.

I know Vick has yet to be convicted either, but both should be treated the same way. If Goodell lets Vick off easy he sets a Bad example just when he started to set a good example, ala Pacman.. :goodposting:

As more and more evidence surfaces about what a "dooosh" Vick and his brother are, the more and more egg is thrown on the NFL's face. A message needs to be sent out to all that conduct of this nature cannot be allowed.

My main contention for years about my dislike for the NBA was that it was full of thugs.. They lost a lot of respectability with their fans during those years and are having a hell of a time trying to get them back.

The NFL & Goodell are starting to correct the problems, but they have to stay steadfast no matter who the player is..

(:thumbup:.. Please look the other way when it comes to the slightly invested reason behind my want for suspension.. My Vikings face them in the first game of the season and could use the help.. :lmao: ) :lmao:

*timely plug*

Did you see that you're on PFT?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I am 99.9% certain that Bigbottom's link was posted here before it was on PFT. I posted the indictment link from PFT and this wasn't up there yet.

Perhaps one of our FBG brethren sent the link to PFT

With all of the hubbub regarding the Mike Vick indictment, we've received from a reader a creative Vick video.

Shark Pook melting down right now.

Worth checking out?ETA: It's funny to me but when I started here, and prior to that when I was a lowly lurker, I was exclusively a Shark Pool guy. Now it isn't even an afterthought.

OK, really not good for Vick, the indictment has tons of stuff about him:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...17072vick1.html

If true, what a thug, and an idiot.

Countdown to an "Ookie" alias in 3.....2.....1.....
It sounds like more than one cooperating witness saw Ookie at dog fights, with animals from Bad Newz Kennels.

No mention of Uncle RICO though, but with all the traveling between states with dogs I don't see how that cannot be at least a future possibility.

ETA: I might be wrong about Uncle RICO, I am not a lawyer but a web search said RICO violations are covered by Title 18, US Code, section 1961 through 1968, but the first violation is Title 18, US Code, section 1952 which is Interstate and foreign travel or transportation in aid of racketeering enterprises. Sounds like a RICO violation to this non lawyer. Any pros want to clear this up for me?

TIA

Where there's smoke...If any of this is true, he's a dispicable human being. How someone could do that to dogs blows my mind.Say goodbye to the NFL, dirtbag, and good riddance.

:cry:

I'm going to assume that this dirtbag Vick also didn't report the income from his dog fighting wins, which are detailed in the indictment. Hope they get him on that, too.

Outside of a crime against a child, I can't think of too much I'd personally find as reprehensible. Innocent animals bred to fight and tortured and raped to make some idiots feel more powerful. Unfathomable. What bad, bad people.

OK, really not good for Vick, the indictment has tons of stuff about him:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...17072vick1.html

If true, what a thug, and an idiot.

Countdown to an "Ookie" alias in 3.....2.....1.....
It sounds like more than one cooperating witness saw Ookie at dog fights, with animals from Bad Newz Kennels.

No mention of Uncle RICO though, but with all the traveling between states with dogs I don't see how that cannot be at least a future possibility.

ETA: I might be wrong about Uncle RICO, I am not a lawyer but a web search said RICO violations are covered by Title 18, US Code, section 1961 through 1968, but the first violation is Title 18, US Code, section 1952 which is Interstate and foreign travel or transportation in aid of racketeering enterprises. Sounds like a RICO violation to this non lawyer. Any pros want to clear this up for me?

TIA

Vick would have to have committed two predicate offenses within the last ten years to be considered for RICO. My understanding is that Vick's record is pretty clean, so I think no RICO charges are possible.

Actually, this forum may be a better place to discuss the larger ramifications of the NFL disciplinary policy. You can't do that amidst the shouting inherent to the Pool.

Is Mr. Goodell's severe stance a good one in the long run? Is there really any possibility of alienating the league's fan base by taking a lighter hand? Are you personally alienated when a player gets into legal trouble? If so, why?

I think it'd be a lot more fun to let the bad boys play and bust their balls. Who wants a league full of good guys?

I love the new personal conduct policy. I think Goodell runs the risk of losing the league if he applies a double standard to a recidivist superstar. It does bother me when I see teams populated by thugs who would be in jail if they weren't athletes.

Do you really mean that you prefer watching criminals play the game or is that a joke of some sort? I absolutely want a league full of people who are not criminals, which does not necessarily mean that they are good guys just smart enough not to break the law (or at least not get caught).

I'm dead serious in that I don't care much about the man in the uniform. Watching great football, whether it be played by "Catholics" or "convicts," is all I really care about. Maybe I was joking a little about it being "fun" to watch the thugs. But I was reminded of some old ACC basketball games, when one of the visiting players had been involved in a minor transgression involving the unauthorized use of an automobile -- and all the students in the stands would jangle their car keys at him whenever he went to the free throw line. Great fun, indeed. The NFL could stand a little of that.

But I understand that most people feel like you said you do in the part I bolded. What I don't understand is why you feel that way.

What I don't understand is why you would need an explanation for that which is intuitively obvious?

The short answer is I agree with NCCommish. (that statement applies to a lot actually).

For me, I guess it's not intuitive. When a player has off-field troubles and many on this bored immediately call for his suspension from the game, my first thought is "why?" NCCommish's statement was typically elegant, but it has no relation to the way I feel about these issues. If you think about this unemotionally, maybe my logic would make a little more sense. But I suspect this is inherently an emotional issue where my thoughts are gonna have little effect.

Where there's smoke...If any of this is true, he's a dispicable human being. How someone could do that to dogs blows my mind.Say goodbye to the NFL, dirtbag, and good riddance.

:lol:
:):goodposting: I usually don't dislike professional athletes for the people they are. I don't hate Pacman for pulling guns and screwing dancers or Owens for being nuts or Barry Bonds for just being a ####. I draw the line with something like fighting dogs and murdering injured animals because they are no longer capable of earning you a few thousand dollars when a few thousand dollars to Michael Vick is like $10 to me. I don't like how he addressed it, how he said defiantly that he was innocent, or just what a slime ball of a human being he is. I’ve always thought him to be an ignorant man of below average intelligence anyway making him extremely hard to root for, but now I think he’s no better than a crack addict who robs and beats elderly folks to get his high; about the same tier of human.

Please do not piss in the FFA

Ya think?My bad but I consider this to be a crossover topic and I never go to the SP anymore. I am probably not alone in that one.
Maybe you should attend the SP and contribute there too.
You might be alone in this one
No he isn't. I joined for the non-football discussion personally. But lots of posters here started in the pool, got sucked into the FFA and never looked back.

I'm going to assume that this dirtbag Vick also didn't report the income from his dog fighting wins, which are detailed in the indictment. Hope they get him on that, too.Outside of a crime against a child, I can't think of too much I'd personally find as reprehensible. Innocent animals bred to fight and tortured and raped to make some idiots feel more powerful. Unfathomable. What bad, bad people.

Not that it matters, but since he's an idiot, he may not have any winnings.

Doesn't sound good for scum boy:

"Where (Vick) is in the most trouble is that he lied to the commissioner," a league source said. "He told (Goodell) in April that he didn't know anything about this. The commissioner gave (Vick) every chance to come clean, be straight about what was going on. Instead, he just kept denying it."

Other NFL teams are eager to see how Goodell will react to the news on Vick. A Titans source said in May that Tennessee management was watchful of how Vick might be treated in relation to how Jones was punished.

"There's a lot riding on this one," a league source said. "Perception is really important right now for the entire league and (Goodell) has set the bar pretty high. I think the one thing going for (Goodell) if he's going to suspend Vick is that he gave Vick a chance to tell the truth."

Vick met with Goodell in New York, shortly after the raid on Vick's property, before the NFL draft in April. Vick told Goodell and said publicly that he never went to the house and that he was unaware of what his family and friends were doing there.

Reports by media outlets in Virginia disputed Vick's story. Witnesses said that Vick had been seen there many times. The federal indictment also lays out a much different story, saying that Vick participated in the commerce of dog fighting. The indictment said that dogs and participants were brought in from as far away as New York and Texas for fights.

Have a nice season, guy :bag:

:thumbup:
:mellow:

:thumbup:
:mellow::mellow: I usually don't dislike professional athletes for the people they are. I don't hate Pacman for pulling guns and screwing dancers or Owens for being nuts or Barry Bonds for just being a ####. I draw the line with something like fighting dogs and murdering injured animals because they are no longer capable of earning you a few thousand dollars when a few thousand dollars to Michael Vick is like $10 to me. I don't like how he addressed it, how he said defiantly that he was innocent, or just what a slime ball of a human being he is. I’ve always thought him to be an ignorant man of below average intelligence anyway making him extremely hard to root for, but now I think he’s no better than a crack addict who robs and beats elderly folks to get his high; about the same tier of human.
Amen brothaETA: If they do find out for sure that Vick actually did this, they should throw him in the ring with about 10 of these dogs and not let him out.

Ya think?My bad but I consider this to be a crossover topic and I never go to the SP anymore. I am probably not alone in that one.
No he isn't. I joined for the non-football discussion personally. But lots of posters here started in the pool, got sucked into the FFA and never looked back.
:goodposting:

Actually, this forum may be a better place to discuss the larger ramifications of the NFL disciplinary policy. You can't do that amidst the shouting inherent to the Pool.

Is Mr. Goodell's severe stance a good one in the long run? Is there really any possibility of alienating the league's fan base by taking a lighter hand? Are you personally alienated when a player gets into legal trouble? If so, why?

I think it'd be a lot more fun to let the bad boys play and bust their balls. Who wants a league full of good guys?

I love the new personal conduct policy. I think Goodell runs the risk of losing the league if he applies a double standard to a recidivist superstar. It does bother me when I see teams populated by thugs who would be in jail if they weren't athletes.

Do you really mean that you prefer watching criminals play the game or is that a joke of some sort? I absolutely want a league full of people who are not criminals, which does not necessarily mean that they are good guys just smart enough not to break the law (or at least not get caught).

I'm dead serious in that I don't care much about the man in the uniform. Watching great football, whether it be played by "Catholics" or "convicts," is all I really care about. Maybe I was joking a little about it being "fun" to watch the thugs. But I was reminded of some old ACC basketball games, when one of the visiting players had been involved in a minor transgression involving the unauthorized use of an automobile -- and all the students in the stands would jangle their car keys at him whenever he went to the free throw line. Great fun, indeed. The NFL could stand a little of that.

But I understand that most people feel like you said you do in the part I bolded. What I don't understand is why you feel that way.

What I don't understand is why you would need an explanation for that which is intuitively obvious?

The short answer is I agree with NCCommish. (that statement applies to a lot actually).

For me, I guess it's not intuitive. When a player has off-field troubles and many on this bored immediately call for his suspension from the game, my first thought is "why?" NCCommish's statement was typically elegant, but it has no relation to the way I feel about these issues. If you think about this unemotionally, maybe my logic would make a little more sense. But I suspect this is inherently an emotional issue where my thoughts are gonna have little effect.
There is nothing emotional about not wanting to subsidize the lifestyle of criminals.

I used to contribute to the SP big time. I even penned a few articles, I also thought the FFA was a joke at the time. But after awhile I just got bored with all the speculation and rumors "Player X might be traded to Team Y" yet very little of substance was provided there (FOR ME). Also there is really very little that another poster can tell me about fantasy football that is truly enlightening and it is not worth sifting through the chaff to find it. I imagine it has only gotten worse as the membership has increased. The maind FBG website has all the FF info I could possibly need.

Archived