What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (2 Viewers)

Nice to see Pete back in an episode where he does more than provide background filler.
He didn't have much to do last week but I thought the look on his face when Mathis tried to pull a Don was one of the highlights of the episode.

Speaking of Pete, one of the things I find most interesting with how his character has evolved is his relationship with Don. The two aren't close by any means but Pete's come a long way from being the underling gunning for Don's job. It seems now he holds him (or at least his talent) in high esteem and considers it a key to any success he and the firm may hope to have.

Nice to see Pete back in an episode where he does more than provide background filler.
He didn't have much to do last week but I thought the look on his face when Mathis tried to pull a Don was one of the highlights of the episode.

Speaking of Pete, one of the things I find most interesting with how his character has evolved is his relationship with Don. The two aren't close by any means but Pete's come a long way from being the underling gunning for Don's job. It seems now he holds him (or at least his talent) in high esteem and considers it a key to any success he and the firm may hope to have.
"One never knows how loyalty is born" --Bert Cooper

BTW: The pharmaceutical company that Hobart says they're getting, Ortho, dealt mostly with birth control...IUDs, the Pill, and spermicidal jelly.

Interesting considering one of the major themes of this episode.
Also Coke has some major iconic ads come out in late 70/71. The real thing and another one I can't recall. Interesting that the show liens draper up on that.
FWIW, I believe the tagline "The real thing" can out in '69, so I doubt they're try to credit Don/Peggy with coming up with that...

I won't be shocked if that TV commercial is worked into the ending of the series somehow. Whether it's Don/Peggy coming up with it or everyone leaving in '70 before it's made...it just seems to close to the timeline now to not be involved somehow since it's so iconic.

Sammy3469 said:
Capella said:
badmojo1006 said:
BTW: The pharmaceutical company that Hobart says they're getting, Ortho, dealt mostly with birth control...IUDs, the Pill, and spermicidal jelly.

Also Coke has some major iconic ads come out in late 70/71. The real thing and another one I can't recall. Interesting that the show liens draper up on that.
So far, they've really resisted associating Don or Peggy with an existing iconic campaign. There was a time when it seemed like they were going to have Peggy launch the Virginia Slims campaign (Ted asks her to study up on a cigarette marketed to women shortly before the merger), but they never followed through and the "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" tag was introduced with the brand in 1968, so its too late now.

AMC's gonna live and die with two spinoffs: Better Call Saul and Scout's Dishonor, the story of an aspiring cartoonist in early 70's Tokyo who finds himself alone in Tokyo, with a disintegrating career and an inadvertantly-dead hooker in his apartment.

Pete's Pals: After retiring from the advertising agency, disillusioned and bitter, aspiring educator Pete Campbell opens his own WASP-y private school in Greenwich CT. But a nemesis lurks on the other side of town...

The Ghost and Miss Olsen

When an advertising executive moves into the residence formerly occupied by one of her former bosses, she finds that the ghost of Bert Cooper still occupies it. His sage wisdom, hilarious sense of humor and occasional soft shoe brings the hilarity into her otherwise dismal existence...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sammy3469 said:
Capella said:

Don and the Kodak Carousel

Watched it again. Really really felt like a finale. Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, they brought a lot to close last night.

Watched it again. Really really felt like a finale. Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, they brought a lot to close last night.
I think now we see what don wants to do with his life. There's been so many comments etc regarding how he's lived his life and his choices "enjoy the rest of your miserable life" etc moments. The best things in life are free ....

Sammy3469 said:

Which was the season finale of Season 1 which is also the episode he promotes Peggy, she learns she is pregnant, and Pete is basically resigned to being a account gladhandler. It would circle up a bunch of things to have one of the two pitch Coke the ad to end the show.

Even dressed down in that 60s style, you can still see that Abigail Spencer is a smoke show.

Also, there are a few unbelievable videos of her which came out during The Fappening. Must-see.
Hottest of Don's conquests.
Her character wasn't all that hot.

If we're just going by how they looked on the show I would go with Bethany Van Nuys.*

*although it was just a hummer.
She's hot.

But like Don, I'm partial to brunettes.

Last 2 episodes have been fantastic. I feel like I've been suffering through the last couple seasons but it's getting really good. I've rewatched the "you passed the test" scene 4 times. So awesome.

Saw the actors talking around the table on HBO before the show starts. Elizabeth Moss is smokin hot IRL vs. how she appears as Peggy. Way hotter than Christina Hendricks.

Users who are viewing this thread