Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Mad Men on AMC

Speaking of Sal, I binged watched the show so I didn't see it when it first aired but for those who have watched since the beginning everyone knew Sal was gay the second he was introduced, right? That had to be one of the worst-kept secrets in TV show history.

Edited by packersfan

Speaking of crazy theories, a friend of mine thinks it'll end with a fast-forward of Don and Peggy meeting up at Windows on the World in the World Trade Center on 9/11 and that Don will be one of the people forced to jump.

Speaking of Sal, I binged watched the show so I didn't see it when it first aired but for those who have watched since the beginning everyone knew Sal was gay the second he was introduced, right? That had to be one of the worst-kept secrets in TV show history.

:confused:

Are you asking if there were any 2007 views that didn't know Sal was gay?

Car crash on the highway, he joins Anna. fade to black

Or he pulls up to an apartment in Malibu...Opens the door and there is Sal...Fade to black

That would have been great if one of the guys in Diana's old apartment was Sal.

Better if it had been Sal AND Lee Garner, Jr.

Or he pulls up to an apartment in Malibu...Opens the door and there is Sal...Fade to black

This would be awesome.

How many ghosts has Don seen? Anna. Bert. Anyone else? Maybe he'll see them all at the end and nod knowingly like Luke did at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Then Don pulls at his face, removing a high quality latex mask(made by Dow Chemical), revealing he's been Hayden Christiansen all along. Jar-Jar Binks stumbles onto screen, says something that is completely racist to Jamaicans then farts before tripping over an old Kodak Carousel slide projector.

Credits.

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

I recently re-watched the pilot and he seemed even more gay than I remembered. I'm assuming nobody was surprised when it was later revealed he was gay but since I wasn't watching the show at the time I'm not sure which is why I asked.

Speaking of crazy theories, a friend of mine thinks it'll end with a fast-forward of Don and Peggy meeting up at Windows on the World in the World Trade Center on 9/11 and that Don will be one of the people forced to jump.

First of all, that's not going to happen.

Secondly, I'd be shocked it Weiner kills Don. The story is going to end with him making a big change in his life, but for the better.

Secondly, I'd be shocked it Weiner kills Don. The story is going to end with him making a big change in his life, but for the better.

Weiner originally was going to end Season 1 with Don going to Thanksgiving with Betty and the kids. A happy ending. He was asked to change the ending to better set up Season 2. He initially refused but then said it was the right decision. He said his original idea was because he loved his characters so much. So it wouldn't be a surprise if Don had some form of a happy ending.

That is probably the worst ending theory I've ever heard for any show.

That is probably the worst ending theory I've ever heard for any show.

:goodposting:

I busted out laughing when he told me.

Me too - I think we'll be left with a somewhat positive vibe.

I also don't think we're done with the waitress. I could see it ending with him and her somewhere, and him telling her his name is Dick Whitman.

I also don't think we're done with the waitress. I could see it ending with him and her somewhere, and him telling her his name is Dick Whitman.

Disagree about the waitress. Even Don was ready to let that go when he got told off by her ex-husband.

Disagree about the waitress. Even Don was ready to let that go when he got told off by her ex-husband.

Not sure they leave him single - at the least, I'd see them leaving him at the beginning of a relationship, and there's really little time to introduce someone new.

She was in the first five minutes of this half-season, and he drove halfway across the country looking for her this past episode - she could be more important to his series ending story than we're thinking.

Then again, he did change course for the hitchhiker, so who knows where he ends up? Maybe he realizes she's the female version of what he was/is - damage others, run, do more damage, rinse, repeat.

It's a testament to the brilliance of this show - the ideas and theories are really all over the place.

Yeah he lays it on pretty thick if you watch again, and in the burlesque club he makes a comment that only one of their female companions catches and she gives him an eyebrow, but that's it.

I don't remember realizing it, but it's been awhile. There was a lot of machismo going around amongst Harry, Pete, Ken, etc. to begin with.

I recently re-watched the pilot and he seemed even more gay than I remembered. I'm assuming nobody was surprised when it was later revealed he was gay but since I wasn't watching the show at the time I'm not sure which is why I asked.

The only person that didn't realize Sal was gay within the first 30 seconds of his appearance in the pilot was Michele Bachmann.

• Like 1

It's a testament to the brilliance of this show - the ideas and theories are really all over the place.

Definitely.

It's like in the BCS thread, people trying to predict what would happen, as if they could outsmart Gilligan.

I'd pay good money to see Don & Betty & Pete & Trudy play a little 'Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%26_Carol_%26_Ted_%26_Alice

Love the chemistry between Don and Betty. Don is badly in need of some psychoanalysis. Hello, Betty. Have to wonder if there's any long-term scenario with Don and Betty coming full circle. They've certainly both grown enough over the life of the series.

I'd pay good money to see Don & Betty & Pete & Trudy play a little 'Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice'...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%26_Carol_%26_Ted_%26_Alice

Love the chemistry between Don and Betty. Don is badly in need of some psychoanalysis. Hello, Betty. Have to wonder if there's any long-term scenario with Don and Betty coming full circle. They've certainly both grown enough over the life of the series.

I've been predicting that for a few years now.

Which is reason enough why it won't happen.

maybe he needed the husband to tell him what an idiot he was for wasting his time on Diana to realize that's not how he should be spending the final moments of the series.

So you're saying that Don Draper will realize that he's a character in a popular tv series with only a couple of episodes left before it ends!?! Wow. So "meta".

Here's another theory...Don ends up at a gas station with the hitchhiker, lights up when filling the tank, accidentally drops his lighter, blows up the gas station and most of his face in the process, and dies instantly. The hitchhiker is shaken but survives, goes through Don's pockets, takes his wallet and belonging and then assumes the identity of Don Draper.

• Like 1

S1 Ep9 is a really good episode to go back and watch. Hobart (same actor) runs into Don and Betty, and tries to get him to McCann. Gives Betty the modeling deal with Coca-Cola.

"If I ever leave this place, it won't be for more advertising."

Nice...puts Dons understanding of his worth and savy in perspective.

There was one transition in the episode which seemed odd. Don was driving and kind of dozing off and all of a sudden they cut to Joan in sack with the old guy and then back to Don driving. Almost felt like don had gone off into some kind of dream sequence but it wasn't. Not sure if it was bad editing or meant to be feel a bit disjointed

Vulture.com

With due respect to the singing communist ghost of Bert Cooper, money is a nice thing to have. After last night's mid-season finale of Mad Men, with the expected sale of the firm to McCann, the partners at SC&P Don Draper, Roger Sterling, Joan Harris, Pete Campbell, Jim Cutler, Ted Chaough, plus whoever Bert's beneficiary is stand to make a load of it. If, like Roger says, McCann values Sterling Cooper & Partners at $65 million and buys 51 percent of the company, that would put the total sale price at $33,150,000. With the caveat that math is not our first language, here is our best estimate for how that would be split up.

Joan: We know she owns 5 percent of SC&P, which by Roger's calculation would net her "a little over one and a half million." Or, more specifically, $1,657,500, which in today's dollars is about $10.4 million.

Pete: He owns 10 percent of the company, which makes his take $3,315,000 or about $20.8 million today.

Ted and Jim: According to Pete, Ted owns 20 percent of SC&P, which means Jim probably does, too. So they each made $6,630,000 in the sale. Adjusted for inflation, this is approximately $41.6 million.

Related Stories

The Stars Belong to Everyone: Mad Mens Best Song and Dance Moments

Mad Men Mid-Season Finale Recap: The Moon Belongs to Everyone

Roger, Don, and Bert's estate: Let's assume for our purposes that Roger, Don, and Bert owned equal parts of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce when the firm merged with Cutler, Gleason, and Chaough last season (and that Bert's ownership has not yet been redistributed). That would mean each owns 15 percent of SC&P, which would make their takes $4,972,500 each. Or, in 2014, $31.2 million.

Harry: Since he didn't complete his paperwork in time, he owns a 0 percent stake in SC&P, which makes his share of the sale $0. (Adjusted for inflation: $0.)

• Like 1

There was one transition in the episode which seemed odd. Don was driving and kind of dozing off and all of a sudden they cut to Joan in sack with the old guy and then back to Don driving. Almost felt like don had gone off into some kind of dream sequence but it wasn't. Not sure if it was bad editing or meant to be feel a bit disjointed

There's another one where Don pulls off the road to take a leak then it cuts to Roger pouring vermouth into a glass.

If last week was one of the bests then this weeks was one of the worst. Absolutely terrible. What are they doing here?

You're a lunatic.

No way it can be near the bottom because it had Bert in it and Roger on the organ. And an added bonus of Peggy rollerskating

And the walk through the hallway with the octopus pleasuring the woman.

Fantastic episode

The only person that didn't realize Sal was gay within the first 30 seconds of his appearance in the pilot was Michele Bachmann.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/072fb3a326ef190883224175a0f02fc7/tumblr_myhuwuY05A1qdbluio1_1280.jpg

The Mrs is out of town this weekend, returns Wednesday as I head off to LA for 2 days. We said we wouldn't watch it separately (and I'm whipped enough to stand by my word on this one) so I won't see this next episode until Friday night! Crap. :(

:pointatthecollaredshirt:

With almost any other show, the penultimate episode is where all the action is. With this show, we'll probably get an hour of Don having coffee with some broad we haven't seen in six years with insomnia. I WANT FIREWORKS AND CLOSURE, dammit!

Oh, and I won't be in the US next Sunday for the finale.

:hot:

With almost any other show, the penultimate episode is where all the action is. With this show, we'll probably get an hour of Don having coffee with some broad we haven't seen in six years. I WANT FIREWORKS AND CLOSURE, dammit!

That's the penultimate episode of a season, not the series.

With almost any other show, the penultimate episode is where all the action is. With this show, we'll probably get an hour of Don having coffee with some broad we haven't seen in six years. I WANT FIREWORKS AND CLOSURE, dammit!

That's the penultimate episode of a season, not the series.

Someone should have informed David Chase.

The penultimate episode of Breaking Bad was OK, but the antepenultimate episode, now that is where the action was

• Like 1