What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (1 Viewer)

I still feel like it's hard to wrap this thing up in a 1 hour show. They'll leave a lot of open questions.
Hopefully it does. Not everything always needs a perfect bow on top of it.

ETA: Breaking Bad had a relatively tidy ending, but what happened to Jesse? Did Walt Jr still love breakfast? Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still feel like it's hard to wrap this thing up in a 1 hour show. They'll leave a lot of open questions.

ETA: Breaking Bad had a relatively tidy ending, but what happened to Jesse? Did Walt Jr still love breakfast? Who knows.
Huell still waiting too

The trick is to pick the right things to close out and keep open. BB did it right because we all want Jesse to have a life of possibilities ahead of him.

Huell still waiting too

The trick is to pick the right things to close out and keep open. BB did it right because we all want Jesse to have a life of possibilities ahead of him.
The one unanswered question that nags me to this day: did Skylar and her sister turn to each other for sexual comfort after each lost her husband?

Like what?

Pete, Peggy, Joan, Betty, Ken, Harry... they're all done. Most of them have long lives ahead of them, so they can't be definitively closed. And they left them all in a decent spot (save Betty, of course).

All they have left is Don, and maybe Roger. But it's also perfectly fine to assume that Roger takes on the old Bert Cooper role for his final years on the job: old, wise, there-but-irrelevant.

Like what?

Pete, Peggy, Joan, Betty, Ken, Harry... they're all done. Most of them have long lives ahead of them, so they can't be definitively closed. And they left them all in a decent spot (save Betty, of course).

All they have left is Don, and maybe Roger. But it's also perfectly fine to assume that Roger takes on the old Bert Cooper role for his final years on the job: old, wise, there-but-irrelevant.
Yup. Not sure what people are looking for here. 75 minutes is plenty of time to wrap up Don and Roger, with a small sprinkling of Peggy and Sally (tied into Don I assume).

Like what?

Yup. Not sure what people are looking for here. 75 minutes is plenty of time to wrap up Don and Roger, with a small sprinkling of Peggy and Sally (tied into Don I assume).
I would NOT mess with another Peggy scene after she walked into McCann like she owned the place.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think the office stuff is over.

Like what?

I would NOT mess with another Peggy scene after she walked into McCann like she owned the place.

That really was the perfect way to end Peggy's storyline on the show. However, I still think she is so closely tied to Don (in many ways the show is about Don and her) that I'll be surprised if she's not connected to Don in some fashion in the finale.

Like what?

That really was the perfect way to end Peggy's storyline on the show. However, I still think she is so closely tied to Don (in many ways the show is about Don and her) that I'll be surprised if she's not connected to Don in some fashion in the finale.
Good points, guys. Peggy has definitely been the co-star of the show. We shall see!

Like what?

Guess I'm just not satisfied with how the final season has played out. All of these characters have been filled with so much ambition over the years and for most of them it feels like their lives are just gliding to a soft landing.

I don't think they would show her in the office. More of a seeing Don outside of work type of thing.
All of them together again for once last time at Betty's funeral could be a fitting closing scene
Would not watch.

Weddings and funerals in TV shows are horrible. There are no exceptions outside of Game of Thrones. Even Jim & Pam's wedding was boring as hell. The closest thing to a decent TV funeral involved a procession in Treme, but Mad Men would not be able to pull it off.

Did he really officially leave McCann Erickson though?

Funny they made this whole dog and pony show about bringing these guys to Mccan and they basically all left right away.

Funny they made this whole dog and pony show about bringing these guys to Mccan and they basically all left right away.
Officially? I doubt he turned the paperwork into HR. But he's not going back there.

Officially? I doubt he turned the paperwork into HR. But he's not going back there.
i know that but that article made it sound like it was official. I just was making sure I didnt miss something.

4th episode of the series, in Bert's office, giant octopus eating out a woman painting.

The detail on this show is downright stupid.

I had forgotten one of the guys Don had served in the military with identified **** on the train.

Pete's "ending" with Trudy also seems a heck of a lot more believable after watching those first shows. He was so smitten with the idealized view of the new married life that he would still have this idealized view in his head after all this time.

I'm taping and going to watch every episode before Sunday. the first few season one episodes have revealed a few things going on now and all of it makes more sense. All the Roger lines will make this well worth the effort.

I'm taping and going to watch every episode before Sunday. the first few season one episodes have revealed a few things going on now and all of it makes more sense. All the Roger lines will make this well worth the effort.
Wait . . . you're going to watch almost 70 hours of Mad Men between now and Sunday night?

I don't think they would show her in the office. More of a seeing Don outside of work type of thing.
All of them together again for once last time at Betty's funeral could be a fitting closing scene
That would be so horrible.
Please don't do this. Showing each face one by one while Betty is lowered in would be terrible.

I would rather have no funeral. Just show Don and Sally after the funeral.

Wait . . . you're going to watch almost 70 hours of Mad Men between now and Sunday night?
how many hours is it minus the commercials?
If you figure each episode is 45 minutes and there's 91 episodes, that's 4095 minutes or 68.25 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread