What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (2 Viewers)

I don't get how people didn't like the episode? What are you looking to happen? Some shootout? Explosions?

They're buttoning up all the characters and the firm while Don continues to disconnect from the world.

My issues are what really triggered Don to go down this path at this moment? The waitress? Seems weak. I also don't think Don would just leave his kids and daughter. If he doesn't call Sally and talk with her about Betty's cancer next week, I will be disappointed and think it is out or character. Don is a troubled guy but always was a good person when it came down to it.

I don't get how people didn't like the episode? What are you looking to happen? Some shootout? Explosions?

They're buttoning up all the characters and the firm while Don continues to disconnect from the world.

My issues are what really triggered Don to go down this path at this moment? The waitress? Seems weak. I also don't think Don would just leave his kids and daughter. If he doesn't call Sally and talk with her about Betty's cancer next week, I will be disappointed and think it is out or character. Don is a troubled guy but always was a good person when it came down to it.
He's been living in his sad cave of failure for months

He no longer loves his job

He has kids but no family life

He can't make any relationships work or find any emotional connections

For all of his financial success, he finds himself empty. He lost his family, his company, control of his destiny, his ability to connect.

He has connection to anything past or present and likely future. He's just lost.

Rog: "So you do want to be in advertising after all.."

Don: (Blank stare)
That is probably my favorite episode of the entire series. One of the best TV episodes of all time.

Peggy: If I say 'no' you'll never speak to me again.

Don: No. I will spend the rest of my life trying to hire you.

Harry walks in on Sterling, Cooper, and Pryce working on stealing everything for their new agency...

Harry: What's going on?

Bert: PPL has been sold to McCann, we're starting a new agency, we'd like you to join us as our new Head of Media.

Harry: Are you kidding?

Roger: Yes. Yes, we are. Happy birthday.

Bert: We need your answer.

Harry: I should really call my wife.

Bert: Mr. Crane, Harry, this matter is secret and time sensitive. If you turn us down and elect to be a mid-level cog at McCann Erickson, we'll have to lock you in the storeroom until morning. I'm sure you understand.

Thinking of calling out tomorrow just to sit around and watch these.

(I also own all the blu rays but that isn't as much fun)
I never understood why seeing something live on TV or listening live on radio is better than a recording, but it is.

loved the line from Alice Cooper.

"Let Roger Sterling have what he always wanted, to die in the arms of a twenty year-old."

When Don and Roger and Freddie go to the speakeasy for Freddie's send-off, they see Floyd Patterson there, one of them comments that they didn't think he'd ever lose or something to that effect. His next fight was against Sonny Liston (who was the favorite) in Comiskey Park. Liston had a massive weight and reach advantage, as the narrator mentions:

Here's an olde time video of said fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b-n0UuHpvA

The bosses wife brought in their daughter and Granddaughter to work today. The Granddaughter was wearing this cute shirt that had a funny octopus on it. All I could think of was Bert's painting :bag:

Another one of my favorite scenes is on right now. Don getting honored at the Cancer Society and Sally is Roger's "date". He gets off some of his best lines in this episode.

It's funny when you flip over to random moments

A few hours ago we saw Don throw some dollar bills at Peggy

"Here! You want to go to Paris?!" (Draper makes it rain)

A few hours later, she's working at Teds firm and he runs into her at the movies and mentions that they are flying her out to. Virginia for a cigarette account...

Don "Wow Virginia, nice"

Peggy "Well it's no Paris"

I caught a few reruns tonight and think this show looks pretty good. Would watching the finale tomorrow night ruin anything if I'm planning on starting the series from episode one in a few weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread