What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (4 Viewers)

Just got season 1 on blue-ray today. 3 years behind, looking forward to catching up. :)
Word of advice... the show doesn't come back until September of 2010... pace yourself. My wife and I caught up in like 3 weeks and now we're dying for the next season. This show rules.
:football:
My wife and i caught this train late and watched seasons 1 and 2 at the end of this summer and in the fall, then caught up on season 3 via on demand/dvr. today she's like "when's the next season coming out?" I said, "when the #### do you think, in August, just like every other season." She didn't take too kindly to that, so i also advise that you take it slowly.

Slowly :football: Got it last night and I'm flipping on episode 6 right now.

I'll probably wait a week or two before I buy season 2, but I'll be done with all of these by March, at the latest.

"I know what men think of you; that you're looking for a husband and you're fun...and not in that order"

"Peggy, this isn't China...there's no money in virginity"

Before I read through this thread, I thought Peggy giving birth when she didn't know of the baby was ridiculous. But I assume there is two years worth of stories to follow that up.

Geez for such a well-written show, that kind of sucked. No idea she's pregnant, and then boom......baby.

Loved season one, just finished it, but didn't care for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new here.

Just finished season two. Three can't be released soon enough.

The last 10 minutes of the final season two episode was as good of television as I have ever seen. Peggy telling Pete about the baby, and then Betty telling Don she's pregnant. Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new here.Just finished season two. Three can't be released soon enough.The last 10 minutes of the final season two episode was of television as I have ever seen. Peggy telling Pete about the baby, and then Betty telling Don she's pregnant. Amazing.
:thumbup:

Hi, I'm new here.Just finished season two. Three can't be released soon enough.The last 10 minutes of the final season two episode was of television as I have ever seen. Peggy telling Pete about the baby, and then Betty telling Don she's pregnant. Amazing.
Season 3 doesn't get released until late March. :cry:Don't spoil anything. Just answer one question for me. Is it awesome?

Season 3 doesn't get released until late March. :cry:Don't spoil anything. Just answer one question for me. Is it awesome?
Yes.

Season 3 doesn't get released until late March. :cry: Don't spoil anything. Just answer one question for me. Is it awesome?
Of couse it's awesome.Download the shows from the net, donk. The episodes are all over the place.

Season 3 doesn't get released until late March. :cry: Don't spoil anything. Just answer one question for me. Is it awesome?
Of couse it's awesome.Download the shows from the net, donk. The episodes are all over the place.
Thought about this, but I think I would prefer to watch them on blu-ray. There are very few tv shows I get into (over the past 10 years, it's this, the Sopranos and Lost) so I'd like to have the prime experience.

I just received a phone call from **** Whitman. I asked if he was a madman. He was not amused. I don't think he's going to hire me.

Mad Men Cast and Crew Sing ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ in Leaked Internal Video

Here's a huge treat for Mad Men fans: Some lovely person has just leaked a thank-you video for creator Matt Weiner made by the cast and crew of Mad Men (apparently at the season-three wrap party? Everyone seems a little loaded!) singing "Bye Bye Birdie," a song that played a big role last season. See Jon Hamm make silly faces behind a (disappointingly lip-synching) January Jones! Watch John Slattery sing in a long red wig! Giggle at the sight of Elisabeth Moss texting in her Peggy Olson costume! And much, much more (even the kids are in it, and there's even a blooper reel!). It's so great we're not even mad at the conspicuous absence of Christina Hendricks and Bryan Batt. See it here first!

Look, I want to tell you something because you're very dear to me and I hope you understand it comes from the bottom of my damaged, damaged heart. You are the finest piece of ### I ever had and I don't care who knows it. I am so glad I got to roam those hillsides

Look, I want to tell you something because you're very dear to me and I hope you understand it comes from the bottom of my damaged, damaged heart. You are the finest piece of ### I ever had and I don't care who knows it. I am so glad I got to roam those hillsides
:thumbup: forgot that line

Mad Men Cast and Crew Sing ‘Bye Bye Birdie’ in Leaked Internal Video

Here's a huge treat for Mad Men fans: Some lovely person has just leaked a thank-you video for creator Matt Weiner made by the cast and crew of Mad Men (apparently at the season-three wrap party? Everyone seems a little loaded!) singing "Bye Bye Birdie," a song that played a big role last season. See Jon Hamm make silly faces behind a (disappointingly lip-synching) January Jones! Watch John Slattery sing in a long red wig! Giggle at the sight of Elisabeth Moss texting in her Peggy Olson costume! And much, much more (even the kids are in it, and there's even a blooper reel!). It's so great we're not even mad at the conspicuous absence of Christina Hendricks and Bryan Batt. See it here first!
:thumbup: Awesome.I just found out that a guy I work with/for has a cousin who is some sort of crew member on this show. No idea what he does. I sent the guy a link to this vid to see if his cousin is in it.

Just finished Season 3.

Leaps and bounds better than Season 2, which was great tv in it's own right.

Finally got to see Don crack a little there, awesome, I was expecting something much darker to happen.

:lmao: forgot that line
:) classic Roger. Still want to tell a girl how glad I was to roam those hillsides but haven't found the right opportunity.

I finally have gotten into this show. Comcast OnDemand has all of Season 1 but only through the end of today. I was up until 3:30 watching all but the last episode.

What a great effen show. I will watch Episode 13 tonight and hope that Season 2 and 3 will be coming up soon

I have been streaming the seasons online... was scared around the end of season 2, beginning of season 3 as I was getting pretty bored. I'm 3 episodes left in season 3 and it's right where it should be. I'll be watching season 4.

I have been streaming the seasons online... was scared around the end of season 2, beginning of season 3 as I was getting pretty bored. I'm 3 episodes left in season 3 and it's right where it should be. I'll be watching season 4.
Was that the trip out West?

Was that the trip out West?
Yeah, though the change in scenery didn't bug me, it was probably more the Mom/Son relationship he forged w/ the real Don's wife. It just started to get annoying. I like the direction they take in the middle of season 3, though.

I finally have gotten into this show. Comcast OnDemand has all of Season 1 but only through the end of today. I was up until 3:30 watching all but the last episode.What a great effen show. I will watch Episode 13 tonight and hope that Season 2 and 3 will be coming up soon
I liked season 3 more than 2. But there's still plenty of goodness in 2.

All of Season 2 in on Comcast on demand. I imagine that it will be on for a couple of weeks then all of Season 3 right before the opener of Season 4

All of Season 2 in on Comcast on demand. I imagine that it will be on for a couple of weeks then all of Season 3 right before the opener of Season 4
yep, this is generally the trend. Great move to garner new viewers and let us avid fans refresh.

Question regarding Season 2. When Don visited Peggy in the hospital, did he know she was there because of the baby?
Yeah. Which is why his advice to her, to let it all go and pick herself up and move on, spoke to his experience of recreating himself in spite of having a secret life that would hold him back if he acknowledged it.

Users who are viewing this thread