What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (2 Viewers)

I knew there was something special about Meagan. Montreal. :(
Holy ####! I just realized that's Jessica Pare. As in Jessica Pare from Hot Tub Time Machine.Google her name + the name of that movie and become very, very happy. ;)

I didn't recognize her the first few weeks. The short brunette wig threw me off.

Not a great episode, though some good moments.

Nice touch of Roger sitting with Jane after she gets his book out and then Don sitting with Faye after she gets him an interview and both Roger and Don looking very guilty.

And Peggy talking very sensuously about Playtex gloves. :thumbup:

Also, Cooper telling Roger "Lee Garner never took you seriously because you never took yourself seriously"

But Roger and Joan sound forced and the baby story was forced also

I miss the funny witty previous seasons Roger. pathetic Roger hurts.

I want to go drinkin with Freddy, Lane and Duck.

Good episode, as usual. I really thought Don could resist temptation.
Who among us could resist that chick throwing herself at you and assuring you there will be no consequences?
Don's a smart guy. He knows there could be consequences.
Worst case scenario is Joan has to give him a new secretary and Faye dumps him. He can deal with that.
And a scorned Faye exacts revenge by outing **** Whitman...

Who among us could resist that chick throwing herself at you and assuring you there will be no consequences?
Worst case scenario is Joan has to give him a new secretary and Faye dumps him. He can deal with that.
I don't see it that way. Don clearly thinks that Faye is special. So since she isn't just another bimbo, he has a lot to lose.

jdoggydogg said:
Juxtatarot said:
I don't see it that way. Don clearly thinks that Faye is special. So since she isn't just another bimbo, he has a lot to lose.
But he banged her. If he bangs you, you're done.

the sound turned off for the last 10 minutes with Don tagging the hot-tub time machine chick.

this was the worst episode of the season and Sterling's acting is terrible (not the actor but the character)

Yet another great episode.

I'll miss this hour of sheer excellence after next week's finale.

Until next season, of course.

A subtle episode. With Sally and Glen, I kept expecting Glen to try and kiss her. That is why this show is amazing. It pushes you in one direction and then sometimes keeps going and sometimes pulls back.

Don from earlier in the year would have done Midge, but now was feeling sorry for her.

I hope that is not the last of Bert Cooper.

And the scene with Faye and Peggy, Peggy was genuinely interested in picking Faye's brain, but Faye was cautious and hesitant and really guarded

Has Midge been on before?
Season 1. He ended it when it was clear to him that she was in love with someone else (also, their worlds/values were clashing.)It was funny when the cops were raiding the building, and Don gets up to leave. The stoned guy says "you can't go out there"... to which Don replies, "no, YOU can't"

Last edited by a moderator:
Line of the night -- Roger: "Well, I've gotta go learn a bunch of people's names so I can fire them." Sterling's Gold, indeed.

The writers have outdone themselves this season, best one by far IMO.
I agree. I love the previous seasons, but this is the best season. I think this is definitely the peak, which means we probably have about one more really good season left before it starts to decline or Weiner calls it quits.

Has Midge been on before?
Season 1. He ended it when it was clear to him that she was in love with someone else (also, their worlds/values were clashing.)It was funny when the cops were raiding the building, and Don gets up to leave. The stoned guy says "you can't go out there"... to which Don replies, "no, YOU can't"
:thumbup: I loved Don's interaction with the beatnik who was giving him crap for being part of "the establishment".

Beatnik: You're in advertising. How do you sleep at night?

Don Draper: On a bed made of money.

A subtle episode. With Sally and Glen, I kept expecting Glen to try and kiss her. That is why this show is amazing. It pushes you in one direction and then sometimes keeps going and sometimes pulls back.

Don from earlier in the year would have done Midge, but now was feeling sorry for her.

And the scene with Faye and Peggy, Peggy was genuinely interested in picking Faye's brain, but Faye was cautious and hesitant and really guarded
So true. the Beatles tickets, the Bobby Kennedy phone call. This show is deprogramming me.

Barry said:
badmojo1006 said:

So true. the Beatles tickets, the Bobby Kennedy phone call. This show is deprogramming me.
They killed the Bobby Kennedy joke too soon though, with the over-the-top Bashhhhten accent.Errrrrr-ahhhhh.

Question - Why wasn't the head of API, after putting a hit out on Will, not surprised to see that he back at work? The night before he's shaking his hand, all but announcing that he's not going to be back in the office. Now, Will comes into work, and gets another job assignment from the big boss.

Question - Why wasn't the head of API, after putting a hit out on Will, not surprised to see that he back at work? The night before he's shaking his hand, all but announcing that he's not going to be back in the office. Now, Will comes into work, and gets another job assignment from the big boss.
:mellow:

Sure this doesn't belong in the Rubicon thread?

It's pretty simple. Tony had told Draper that he needed to take care of Titus Pullo before Schillinger could make the move on the Russian in the woods. But Swearengen and Sterling had already taken out Uncle Junior as per Spangler's instructions.

It's pretty simple. Tony had told Draper that he needed to take care of Titus Pullo before Schillinger could make the move on the Russian in the woods. But Swearengen and Sterling had already taken out Uncle Junior as per Spangler's instructions.
But where do Kenny Powers and Jimmy McNulty fit in?

But where do Kenny Powers and Jimmy McNulty fit in?
They were still cooking meth with Gary Shandling.

clearly

Users who are viewing this thread