What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (4 Viewers)

the scenes with Sally and the fat kid are too forced..
:shrug: The fat kid (Weiner's own son) isn't a very good actor. Of course it works well since Glen is so creepy.On the other hand Keirnan Shipka, or whatever her name is, is awesome for her age.

pantherclub said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
THis show any good?
Its hard to explain. It not over the top good, but definitely addictive. It has a tendency to turn just at the right spots, just when it starts to get stale they brake hard and turn left or right.
pantherclub has a Mad Men avatar. I assume he's pulling your leg.

Corn Man said:
Righetti said:
the guy impersonating RFK sounded way too much like Quimby
I thought that was a great fake-out. Just when I was thinking "wow, they should have got somebody to do a better RFK impersonation," it was revealed that it wasn't RFK.
At least that's one reason why it was so funny. Having the impression be just bad enough that you catch on an instant before Don.

pantherclub said:
THis show any good?
Its hard to explain. It not over the top good, but definitely addictive. It has a tendency to turn just at the right spots, just when it starts to get stale they brake hard and turn left or right.
Wow I screwed this all up. I meant Officer Pete Malloy has a Mad Men avatar :thumbup:

pantherclub said:
THis show any good?
Wow I screwed this all up. I meant Officer Pete Malloy has a Mad Men avatar :thumbup:
He does? Sweet!

pantherclub said:
THis show any good?
Wow I screwed this all up. I meant Officer Pete Malloy has a Mad Men avatar :sadbanana:
He does? Sweet!
He's the least important yet most important piece around here.

I was definitely wrong about Joan. Color me surprised there.

Lot of sadness this season. And it seemed to end with more with Betty. She's clearly not happy. Not that she ever was.

What a dissappointing night of television. Boardwalk Empire becomes unwatcheable and Mad Men season finale lays an egg.

Seemed like the whole point of Don getting divorced was to get him single and womanizing. Megan's friend was right with teeth like that she shouldn't be an actress.

Also how do they not drop a bomb on Joan's husband at the end? Give us something. Jeez.

Great ending...

Meghan really surprised me. She was a lot more mature and worldly that she had let on. And I think she will keep Don interested. But we shall see if Don tells Meghan about his past. I was sorry to see Faye go. She did challenge Don.

Was sad to see the ####+Anna wall. :)

Loved the scene between Peggy and Joan. They finally talked as equals. Joan may finally get that female friend at work.

"That's Bull****" :thumbup:

Betty was a horrible person to fire carla and I think she really was hoping Don would stay single so they would eventually remarry. Her and Henry will be done next season if not sooner, LMO.

And yes, Joan kept the baby

Pretty disappointing finale I thought. I do love the fact that Draper pulled a Sterling by getting engaged to his pretty secretary although I'm fearful where that story line leads. Could be pretty boring.

Pretty disappointing finale I thought. I do love the fact that Draper pulled a Sterling by getting engaged to his pretty secretary although I'm fearful where that story line leads. Could be pretty boring.
We don't really know where the story will pick back up. I think there has been some period of story time elapsed in between all of the past season finales and the next year's premiere. So in the next episode Joan may have already had the kid, Don might already be remarried, Betty could be divorced again, and Glenn could be Sally's pimp.

What a dissappointing night of television. Boardwalk Empire becomes unwatcheable and Mad Men season finale lays an egg.

Seemed like the whole point of Don getting divorced was to get him single and womanizing. Megan's friend was right with teeth like that she shouldn't be an actress.

Also how do they not drop a bomb on Joan's husband at the end? Give us something. Jeez.
Not really.

You guys are nuts. That was a pretty damn good finale. Just like the last 3 finales they leave us not knowing what will happen between the end of this season and the beginning of the next...although we have a general idea.

You guys are nuts. That was a pretty damn good finale. Just like the last 3 finales they leave us not knowing what will happen between the end of this season and the beginning of the next...although we have a general idea.
The season overall was great. I thought the finale was decent, but not as riveting as last year. I guess I like the office stuff a lot and that didn't get a lot of attention in the episode last night. The whole firm is going under and Peggy and Cosgrove sign a tiny pantyhose company and now things seem OK?

The season overall was great. I thought the finale was decent, but not as riveting as last year. I guess I like the office stuff a lot and that didn't get a lot of attention in the episode last night. The whole firm is going under and Peggy and Cosgrove sign a tiny pantyhose company and now things seem OK?
I think that what is going to happen to the company is still up in the air. I don't think the Topaz pantyhose thing was supposed to indicate that things will be OK. It just leaves it open.

Love that shot of the empty kitchen with just a bottle of liquor and a plastic cup. Don's the bottle (drunk) and Betty's the cup (plastic and phony).

I think it was more that they simply signed business - they broke the "nobody will sign with us..." ice, which I'm guessing other clients deem important.

I thought the finale was solid. Single Don was fun to watch but I'm interested to see how different his new marriage will be compared to the old one. Megan is clearly a more nurturing figure than either that Doctor lady or Betty. She's hot (teeth and all) so I'm ok with her having a more prominent role next year.

Is Betty going to be written off?

And where the #### is Sep's write up? I have four hours to waste.

Edit: I didn't really care for Joan's storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it too. They didn't hit us over the head with cliffhangers, but for me there are three pretty good ones off the top of my head.Don's engagement- how and when does he break it off? Or does he actually go through with it and then break off the marriage a month in? When his ex said "I hope she knows you only like the beginnings of things" it was like Don had been hit with a lightning bolt, I honestly don't think that had ever fully occured to him, and he was immedietly thinking of what's going to happen when this engagement is no longer new to him. Joan + Roger's baby- does Roger go along with denying being the father after Joan tells him she kept it? What happens if Joan's husband gets hit by a bomb, does she have Roger step in and be the father or does she go the single mother route?Betty- she's falling apart and wants out of this new life, and more, she wants to be back with Don, if only so she can get her own stability back on track. Don obviously didn't want the divorce, is there a chance he ends up going back to Betty? And then of course, what happens with the firm?

I thought the finale was solid. Single Don was fun to watch but I'm interested to see how different his new marriage will be compared to the old one. Megan is clearly a more nurturing figure than either that Doctor lady or Betty. She's hot (teeth and all) so I'm ok with her having a more prominent role next year.

Is Betty going to be written off?

And where the #### is Sep's write up? I have four hours to waste.

Edit: I didn't really care for Joan's storyline.
:lmao: Better pack a lunch.

As for whether Joan kept the baby, I thought that last conversation with Roger made the answer obvious: "Life goes on."
Surprised this wasn't as obvious to the rest of you.
:lmao:
Granted I'm more or less an under thinker by nature when it comes to TV shows, so maybe that's why, but to me all the clues led to her having kept it, and if they were meant to suggest she didn't keep it they flew well over my head.

As for whether Joan kept the baby, I thought that last conversation with Roger made the answer obvious: "Life goes on."
Surprised this wasn't as obvious to the rest of you.
:thumbup:
Granted I'm more or less an under thinker by nature when it comes to TV shows, so maybe that's why, but to me all the clues led to her having kept it, and if they were meant to suggest she didn't keep it they flew well over my head.
I assure you that Elbow Truck Driver will do some serious gloating when he returns from his timeout in 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread