What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (3 Viewers)

I have even better news, from Mr. Skin:
Sweetwater stars January Jones as a steely beauty in the Wild West, and she gives up the breast look yet at her double barrels an hour and 10 minutes in. January has slipped a nip before in The Three Burials of Melquaides Estrada (2005), but this nude scene is a full on funbags shot in broad daylight.
Hopefully her face is not frozen in this position ( :mellow: ) as always.

Sweetwater stars January Jones as a steely beauty in the Wild West, and she gives up the breast look yet at her double barrels an hour and 10 minutes in. January has slipped a nip before in The Three Burials of Melquaides Estrada (2005), but this nude scene is a full on funbags shot in broad daylight.
she gets a bad rap, but JJ's the best actress on MadMen. theyre subtle, but she's given Betty more shades than a lamp factory. i fell in love with January for the face she did watchin TV while getting slammed from behind in Three Burials and i have yet to find a reason to reverse that. she's not gonna stray too far from icequeen, but male actors from Nicholson to Murray to Michael Cera get a lot of miles out of a single gear.

she gets a bad rap, but JJ's the best actress on MadMen. theyre subtle, but she's given Betty more shades than a lamp factory. i fell in love with January for the face she did watchin TV while getting slammed from behind in Three Burials and i have yet to find a reason to reverse that. she's not gonna stray too far from icequeen, but male actors from Nicholson to Murray to Michael Cera get a lot of miles out of a single gear.
You're out of your mind...even more so than usual.

thank you for judging me - may i have another?

I :wub: you, bud... but Tanner is right. JJ is as plastic as they come.

I :wub: you, bud... but Tanner is right. JJ is as plastic as they come.
weak, man - Marilyn Monroe didnt know a line read she couldnt butcher, but she informed an entire culture of what a babe's mind is made. i see similar choices coming from GraceKelly-lite in MadMen and i dont think she gets enough credit for it.

Creator of LOST tweets about JJ's acting chops in X-Men:https://twitter.com/DamonLindelof/status/77165464731660288
not a master of subtlety for a source & i havent seen XMen. having not seen her in anything but the two things i mentioned meaning i could be wrong about her range, but she's mined farfarfar more about the Kennedy Age woman on that show than the mumbling dweebetticisms of the great Elizabeth Moss have in taking her churchmouse character nowhere.

I think Jones was cast in that part because she's so wooden. Which works for that character.
But even if you like her as Betty Draper, that doesn't make her a good actress, as is wikkid's contention.It simply means they chose an actress with no range to portray a character with limited a emotional scope.Perfect fit.

Creator of LOST tweets about JJ's acting chops in X-Men:https://twitter.com/DamonLindelof/status/77165464731660288
not a master of subtlety for a source & i havent seen XMen. having not seen her in anything but the two things i mentioned meaning i could be wrong about her range, but she's mined farfarfar more about the Kennedy Age woman on that show than the mumbling dweebetticisms of the great Elizabeth Moss have in taking her churchmouse character nowhere.
wat

wat
if you dont speak the language, dont order from the menu

wat
:lmao: I just started watching Mad Men after the last season.I've watched all 5 seasons twice now and DVR and watch the two that have shown each of the past 6-7 Sundays on AMC.The Paris episode was on last Sunday :wub: I think JJ does a very good job with her role. I give the nod to Moss though.I think all the characters have done very well with their roles.A zillion great lines, but "Just when he got his foot in the door" is my #1 still.

I think JJ does a very good job with her role. I give the nod to Moss though.
I've watched enough of the commentary trax to know in what esteem Moss is held by her peers and many of her reactions are interesting, but she's the lone detriment to my enjoyment of the show. Mumbling into one's blouse got Jessica Lange a long way, too, but it irritates me. Moreso, I had a lot of my counterculture hopes wrapped up in the kind of women who would best burst from liberation and Peggy supplies not the brass, revolutionary's trepidation nor commitment of any that i saw open doors during that time. Mice of the female gender got trapped or stepped on in her position and such lack of growth in a woman in a win-or-die postion rings false.

wat
:lmao: I just started watching Mad Men after the last season.I've watched all 5 seasons twice now and DVR and watch the two that have shown each of the past 6-7 Sundays on AMC.The Paris episode was on last Sunday :wub: I think JJ does a very good job with her role. I give the nod to Moss though.I think all the characters have done very well with their roles.A zillion great lines, but "Just when he got his foot in the door" is my #1 still.
You mean the Rome ep? I love that one. Or maybe you mean the one where Peggy wants to go to Paris and Don's not having it, to put it mildly. I did what you did, sort of; my first new ep was "Signal 8," the third or fourth one from last season, and then I went out and grabbed the S1 through S4 DVDs and devoured them in something like ten days, well before S5 was finished. Incredible show on every level there is.

Almost caught up on season 5. About to start the Codfish Ball episode. My wife and I love the show. She thinks Betty draper (pre fat) is the most beautiful woman in the world.

wat
You mean the Rome ep? I love that one. Or maybe you mean the one where Peggy wants to go to Paris and Don's not having it, to put it mildly. I did what you did, sort of; my first new ep was "Signal 8," the third or fourth one from last season, and then I went out and grabbed the S1 through S4 DVDs and devoured them in something like ten days, well before S5 was finished. Incredible show on every level there is.
It could have been Rome :bag:

'Getzlaf15 said:
It could have been Rome :bag:
:lol: It's Rome. Don goes there on business and takes Betty along, and they have this surreal experience there while he works and she hearkens back to her days at Bryn Mawr speaking Italian. Her line to him at the end of the ep is amazing. Great January Jones ep for her fans.

JJ is terrible. Check her out with Liam Neeson in Unknown and let me know if you still think she can act.

I think Jones was cast in that part because she's so wooden. Which works for that character.
But even if you like her as Betty Draper, that doesn't make her a good actress, as is wikkid's contention.It simply means they chose an actress with no range to portray a character with limited a emotional scope.Perfect fit.
It's like Sal Bonpensiero on The Sopranos. Adequate for the role.

Awful boring show.
:lmao:I'm sure there's an episode of "Two Broke Girls" out there for you.
Ah yes.........it's hard to grasp the intricacies of a bunch of guys in a room smoking. Genius level, really.
Exactly. "'The Godfather' was nothing more than a bunch of dudes in suits running around decapitating horses."
Almost as bad as that movie where De Niro just drives a taxi around. Or that other movie where he and Pesci shoot a few people and talk funny.

Awful boring show.
Ah yes.........it's hard to grasp the intricacies of a bunch of guys in a room smoking. Genius level, really.
Exactly. "'The Godfather' was nothing more than a bunch of dudes in suits running around decapitating horses."
Almost as bad as that movie where De Niro just drives a taxi around. Or that other movie where he and Pesci shoot a few people and talk funny.
Or that show where the Chemistry teacher just looks scared and that white kid talks like a gangster.

Awful boring show.
Yeah, occasionally they drink scotch, too.

Awful boring show.
Because that is all the show is. You just grasped it. Damn, you are really smart. We are so lucky to have someone like you on this board. Keep watching Logo channel Smoov, it's more your style

Users who are viewing this thread