What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (3 Viewers)

Good points. It is interesting that the soldier said "you should see what you look like". Don didn't look bad in the pool. What could he have been talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been a xouple episodes since we saw Megan with anyone else, hasn't it?
Was it last week where her cast mate came over and tried to kiss her?
In the speed episode, she was watching Don's kids and also was at the apartment when Don came home to the police in his house before passing out.

I don't see the "Megan is dead" angle at all.
Look harder
what do you mean?

It has been a xouple episodes since we saw Megan with anyone else, hasn't it?
Was it last week where her cast mate came over and tried to kiss her?
In the speed episode, she was watching Don's kids and also was at the apartment when Don came home to the police in his house before passing out.

I don't see the "Megan is dead" angle at all.
Look harder
what do you mean?
Look harder.

I don't see how it's necessarily a Lost or Twin Peaks thing if Megan is already dead. Don saw the ghost of Anne in his office the night before he got a call that she was dead. He's seen his dead brother numerous times. I think it's already been established that Don has some kind of visions of dead people who he loves.

He knew Anne was dead based on the message from her niece. He delayed all day to call and confided in Peggy during that time.

Seeing Megan dead would be a premonition and as I said we be kindof gimmicky for this show. Its not really about that.

He knew Anne was dead based on the message from her niece. He delayed all day to call and confided in Peggy during that time. Seeing Megan dead would be a premonition and as I said we be kindof gimmicky for this show. Its not really about that.
I don't necessarily disagree; I think Megan is still alive, at least for now. I just don't think it would be preposterous either.

great episode. Joan might be going all in with a pair of 7's, risky move on her part, but she probably feels she has to do something to change the status quo.

I was not sure about that speaker from the conference room in Joan's office, was that some covert system she had in place, or do the partners know about it and just dont care?
They all know about it.
I'd imagine it was for watching focus groups.
Right, but I doubt in the heat of the moment they put it together that Peggy was going to go in Joan's office and flip the switch on

He knew Anne was dead based on the message from her niece. He delayed all day to call and confided in Peggy during that time. Seeing Megan dead would be a premonition and as I said we be kindof gimmicky for this show. Its not really about that.
I don't necessarily disagree; I think Megan is still alive, at least for now. I just don't think it would be preposterous either.
Personally I would like to see Don's world unravel again with Megan finding out about his cheating, the business start to take a hit, those types of things. Having Megan die would just be a cheap soap opera type way to create drama.

Personally I would like to see Don's world unravel again with Megan finding out about his cheating, the business start to take a hit, those types of things. Having Megan die would just be a cheap soap opera type way to create drama.
Agreed. Mm is so good because it doesn't use cheap if last tricks. Truthfully, I thought the drug episode - as good as it was - was pushing it.

Agreed. Mm is so good because it doesn't use cheap if last tricks. Truthfully, I thought the drug episode - as good as it was - was pushing it.
Like I have said earlier this season, the writers seem to be running out of steam. This show was money in seasons 2-4. And the dialogue and storyline was pretty breathtaking from halfway through the second season to the middle of 4. Like Breaking Bad, I am glad they are ending it instead of making this a mockery.

The drug episodes, like you say, are pushing it a bit.

We've already seen this. Why would they do that again?

I see your point but some of the best acting and storylines was when he was cheating, the business sucked and he thought the feds were on to him. I also like Pete and Cooper playing verbal combat with what they know about Don.

In short Don doesnt handle pressure like that very well. Kind of opposite of how he is with clients.

I see your point but some of the best acting and storylines was when he was cheating, the business sucked and he thought the feds were on to him. I also like Pete and Cooper playing verbal combat with what they know about Don. In short Don doesnt handle pressure like that very well. Kind of opposite of how he is with clients.
Yea that was great but they're not going to do the same thing with 16 episodes left in the series. I think the real pressure starts to get ramped up on Don's life. Having a wife murdered is not unrealistic in 1968 New York and shows us another angle of Don dealing with trauma. And probably the beginning of his descent.

I wonder if Bob Benson's fortuitous opportunity will now mean that he leaves the day-to-day office scene and spends more time in Detroit (a la Kenny Cosgrove)

it was sort of foreshadowed by Joan saving him, saying that they agency would need him because Ken would be tied up with GM.

I don't see how it's necessarily a Lost or Twin Peaks thing if Megan is already dead. Don saw the ghost of Anne in his office the night before he got a call that she was dead. He's seen his dead brother numerous times. I think it's already been established that Don has some kind of visions of dead people who he loves.
I'm pretty sure Don already knew Anna was dead when he saw her in his office. At the very least he was pretty sure she was dead since he had the phone message from California.

Either way I don't see them pulling some "Sixth Sense" type of stuff.

I wonder if Bob Benson's fortuitous opportunity will now mean that he leaves the day-to-day office scene and spends more time in Detroit (a la Kenny Cosgrove)

it was sort of foreshadowed by Joan saving him, saying that they agency would need him because Ken would be tied up with GM.
IIRC, There was a scene where Bob and Ginsberg were in a hallway (Ginsberg is freaking out), that afterwards panned out to Bob standing next to Cosgrove's office. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that's where he was standing next to. May have to rewatch to verify

I'm pretty sure Don already knew Anna was dead when he saw her in his office. At the very least he was pretty sure she was dead since he had the phone message from California.

Either way I don't see them pulling some "Sixth Sense" type of stuff.
Yeah, same here. Not to mention that they'd have an entire season left of Ghost Don in 1969.

I don't think Megan gets killed either.

From Grantland

With Bob Bensonmania reaching such a fever pitch that answer-crazed Mad Men fans are injecting vitamin shots into their posteriors and rioting in the streets to demand any crumb of information about whether the charmingly wrong-floored enigma from Accounts is a government spy, time-traveling ******* (hi, Molly!), or a budding psychopath who always carries two severed heads in case someone needs one, showrunner Matthew Weiner briefly stepped out of his Internet-proof mystery box to address the hysteria surrounding his most baffling creation. He tells The Wrap:

I'm basically convinced from my Internet reading that he's a government spy.

[Laughs.] Okay.

He's always in everyone's business, he's always on the wrong floor, he never seems to be really jockeying for a better job, and he seems to have completely lied, about his father, for example.

Yeah. He's definitely a liar. I hope that you caught that. And I hope that you caught that he — you don't think he seems like an ambitious person jockeying for a job?

I thought he was at first, but then he made so little progress. But then he did in the last episode.

Uh, yeah! With Chevy? I think he's making a ton of progress. [Laughs.] I don't know, you know? We'll see. I'm not going to comment on whether or not he's a government spy, but James is a great actor, and he is definitely mysterious. And that's deliberate.

He has very good manners, and that seems to be working for him.

So there you have it: Bob Benson is definitely a time-traveling ******* spy carrying two severed heads around in case somebody needs one. Weiner's on the record about this. Now we can all safely put on our tiny white bathing suits and spend a relaxing weekend at the beach, insinuating ourselves into a busty, vulnerable partner's family, confident that the mystery has been solved.

I don't get the benson thing. He just seems like a major kiss ###. I've worked with hundreds of turds like him.

I wonder if Bob Benson's fortuitous opportunity will now mean that he leaves the day-to-day office scene and spends more time in Detroit (a la Kenny Cosgrove) it was sort of foreshadowed by Joan saving him, saying that they agency would need him because Ken would be tied up with GM.
IIRC, There was a scene where Bob and Ginsberg were in a hallway (Ginsberg is freaking out), that afterwards panned out to Bob standing next to Cosgrove's office. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain that's where he was standing next to. May have to rewatch to verify
Yup, good eye. I had to freeze it on rewatch and look closely to make sure, but the plate said it was Ken's office. Incidentally it appeared from the architecture that they have Kenny in a windowless office, which was strange to me. I totally do not get all the spec on Benson. Just seems like a noser to me. I'm far more intrigued by the possibility of Megan dying, even though I like Megan and Pare quite a bit.

So is BB giving it to Joan or is he just her beach buddy?

Edit to clarify - BB = Bob Bunson

Also:

-Don's not really dead. -Megan is not going to be murdered. -Bob Benson is just some dude who works there. HTH.
Agree with 2 of those, but Megan is about to be as dead as tupac dude.
And if you're wrong?
Umm. Nothing?Well then...Draper is going to come out of the closet.Pete is really an alien from the planet Melmac.Peggy starts doing donkey-shows for extra cash in Times Square.And Roddy Piper makes a guest cameo as "Chad, the negro CEO of Datsun".

Also:

-Don's not really dead. -Megan is not going to be murdered. -Bob Benson is just some dude who works there. HTH.
And if you're wrong?
Umm. Nothing?
Well then...Draper is going to come out of the closet.Pete is really an alien from the planet Melmac.Peggy starts doing donkey-shows for extra cash in Times Square.And Roddy Piper makes a guest cameo as "Chad, the negro CEO of Datsun".Are we under some obligation to be correct here? This is a message board right?

Also:

And if you're wrong?
Umm. Nothing?
Well then...Draper is going to come out of the closet.Pete is really an alien from the planet Melmac.Peggy starts doing donkey-shows for extra cash in Times Square.And Roddy Piper makes a guest cameo as "Chad, the negro CEO of Datsun".Are we under some obligation to be correct here? This is a message board right?
There is no cred above FFA cred

Also:

And if you're wrong?
Umm. Nothing?
Well then...Draper is going to come out of the closet.Pete is really an alien from the planet Melmac.Peggy starts doing donkey-shows for extra cash in Times Square.And Roddy Piper makes a guest cameo as "Chad, the negro CEO of Datsun".I don't think it's that insane for Don to be "dead"or drowned in the pool for 30 seconds and see two dead people. The comments "I live here" and "I was told you were here" probably shouldn't be that easily dismissed. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread