What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (3 Viewers)

After a slow start I thought this season was solid. Loved last weeks episode but didn't care for the finale.

I wonder how this is going to go? Don giving up Madison Ave and reconnecting with his family and watching everyone else at the agency go up in flames or does Don go down in flames and every one else go on and do well?

As far as I can tell that's the set up.

Wait, Don is no longer with the agency?
sounds like he's on some kind of indefinite leave.. when the agency did the same with the guy who pissed himself and then never brought him back..

I think the chances of Don working for SC&P at the start of the season is 50/50

Good Posting Judge said:
Righetti said:
The agency lost Don, Pete and Ted within about two days, you wonder how long they stay as a top 30
:confused:

Stick to Jeter threads, plz.
:confused: too

The two creative directors are no longer at Madison Ave (Don is on some kind of leave, Ted has left for California and won't be nearly as hands on as before) and one of their top account men Peter is also on the west coast. I think it is not crazy to think that the agency will look very differently to clients when the dust settles

I know a lot of people (Sepi included) are saying that Megan is gone.. I believe she only said "I can't be here, right now" when she walked out.. not sure if they are going to separate, although that may be best for the show.

I know a lot of people (Sepi included) are saying that Megan is gone.. I believe she only said "I can't be here, right now" when she walked out.. not sure if they are going to separate, although that may be best for the show.
She said something along the lines of "what are we even trying to save?".

They're d-u-n.

They're d-u-n.
That was in the heat of the moment.

There's certainly a decent argument that Megan has served her purpose on the show. She represented the easy fix. That Don could get a new wife (possibly a new family) and he'd be able to make a fresh start without ever doing the hard work of coming to terms with who he is. So if they want to get rid of Jessica Pare, that's fine.

But Megan also loved Don. Even knowing about **** Whitman. And she tried hard to be there for him and for his kids. And Don seems to genuinely care for her. So it would also make some type of narrative sense to have Don see if Megan can actually love "poor **** Whitman." (as she said in last season's premiere).

I think the show ends with a clean ****, starting out "The Whitman Agency"

Too pat an ending? Too similar to the movie "Dave"?

I think I liked the season as a whole more than most people while watching it, but consequently might like it a little less than most people now that the arc has been completed. I found Don's arc moving, but I also thought that it was pretty obvious that was where the show was going (I was, of course, wildly wrong on the details, such as Don having a medical problem, but the progression through the nine circles of Hell and arriving out of it more secure in **** Whitman seemed pretty much telegraphed all season).

Even knowing the show's plan, it was frustrating seeing Don make the same types of mistakes again. And I've always found the flashback scenes to be gratingly on the nose.

They're d-u-n.
That was in the heat of the moment.

There's certainly a decent argument that Megan has served her purpose on the show. She represented the easy fix. That Don could get a new wife (possibly a new family) and he'd be able to make a fresh start without ever doing the hard work of coming to terms with who he is. So if they want to get rid of Jessica Pare, that's fine.

But Megan also loved Don. Even knowing about **** Whitman. And she tried hard to be there for him and for his kids. And Don seems to genuinely care for her. So it would also make some type of narrative sense to have Don see if Megan can actually love "poor **** Whitman." (as she said in last season's premiere).
I can see her going to LA, to follow her dreams but can also see her trying to save whatever she has.. especially with Don being more vulnerable and her (potentially) feeling like she can save him.

So Joan, her mom, Bob, and Roger had a foursome?

Pete crashed the Corvette in the Toyota showroom because he was drunk, right?

Did SC&PP get the Reese's account or what?

Who was that kid watching John Goodman throw the preacher out of the hotel?

Who was Dan talking to on the phone? I thought her name was Betty, not Birdy.

Why didn't my TVR record the new Breaking Bad episode? It was on next, right?

So Joan, her mom, Bob, and Roger had a foursome?

Pete crashed the Corvette in the Toyota showroom because he was drunk, right?

Did SC&PP get the Reese's account or what?

Who was that kid watching John Goodman throw the preacher out of the hotel?

Who was Dan talking to on the phone? I thought her name was Betty, not Birdy.

Why didn't my TVR record the new Breaking Bad episode? It was on next, right?
Don't forget Jed Bartlett came to rescue his daughter

When did they get stairs?

When did Sal grow a beard?

:lmao: @ them hiring a negro. Come on!

Megan knows about Don and the lady with the mole but doesn't care? Is that why she left?

Why would Harry be in Albany and why would Becky go to meet him?

I know Pete is going to LA, but did they make it clear that he was to be working with Ted in the Sunkist project?

Also lemme get this straight, apparently there was talk among the partners that Don had to be put on a leave for his constant messups this season, so why did Ted even need his permission to go to LA, it sounds like he had enough pull to have the other partners have him go if he wanted instead of Don.

I know Pete is going to LA, but did they make it clear that he was to be working with Ted in the Sunkist project?

Also lemme get this straight, apparently there was talk among the partners that Don had to be put on a leave for his constant messups this season, so why did Ted even need his permission to go to LA, it sounds like he had enough pull to have the other partners have him go if he wanted instead of Don.
Because the final straw for Don wasn't until the Hershey meeting.

I have to think that having story-lines on two coasts for an entire season will start to feel tedious.. especially, as this was a time when phone calls across the country were pretty expensive.

I have to think that having story-lines on two coasts for an entire season will start to feel tedious.. especially, as this was a time when phone calls across the country were pretty expensive.
The guy who made a post for every seeing-eye grounder that Jeter hit over the course of four years is pontificating on one of the best shows in TV history having an as-yet unwritten season that is "tedious." This is rich.

I wonder how this is going to go? Don giving up Madison Ave and reconnecting with his family and watching everyone else at the agency go up in flames or does Don go down in flames and every one else go on and do well?

The Hershey scene, the Megan scene and then the final scene was telling me for me. He finally, and honestly with everyone was truthful about his past and has decided to own it and be responsible for it.

This year was about the process of him hitting rock bottom. I think the last year will be about the recovery process.

I'm at the end of two years of marriage counseling. And the biggest thing I had to deal with was the baggage given to me by my alki mom. There was a point where I had to own the damage I'd caused by behaviors given to me I never asked for. This is what Don has just started doing and you really can only do it when you hit the bottom of bottoms.

I've said this before, but Mad Men has been eerily similar to my life in just about every way. All the way down to my wife having an anthropology degree like Betty does.

The Hershey scene, the Megan scene and then the final scene was telling me for me. He finally, and honestly with everyone was truthful about his past and has decided to own it and be responsible for it.

This year was about the process of him hitting rock bottom. I think the last year will be about the recovery process.

I'm at the end of two years of marriage counseling. And the biggest thing I had to deal with was the baggage given to me by my alki mom. There was a point where I had to own the damage I'd caused by behaviors given to me I never asked for. This is what Don has just started doing and you really can only do it when you hit the bottom of bottoms.

I've said this before, but Mad Men has been eerily similar to my life in just about every way. All the way down to my wife having an anthropology degree like Betty does.
Ever bang a friend's wife?

Ever punch out a minister?

Ever assume another man's identity?

Ever marry a toothy secretary with an awesome rack?

before I got married, thought a friend was done with his GF (was told this) and found out later that they weren't done. oops. He was away for the summer.

minister? no

yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ever marry a toothy secretary with an awesome rack?
toothy? no.

I still like the rack after 29 years.

before I got married, thought a friend was done with his GF (was told this) and found out later that they weren't done. oops. He was away for the summer.

minister? no

yes.
:popcorn:

So Roger and Bert didn't know anything about Don's actual past? I thought perhaps they did based on when Pete confronted them way back when about it.

Users who are viewing this thread