What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mad Men on AMC (1 Viewer)

So Roger and Bert didn't know anything about Don's actual past? I thought perhaps they did based on when Pete confronted them way back when about it.
Bert knows about **** Whitman
That's what I thought. So, given that Bert is/was close enough to Don to know his past and Roger seems to have know something at least, why blindside him like that and embarrass him? The two of them could have just as easily told him he needed time off to clean up etc. and let him keep his dignity instead of ####### him over and having Duck bring in somebody.

So Roger and Bert didn't know anything about Don's actual past? I thought perhaps they did based on when Pete confronted them way back when about it.
That's what I thought. So, given that Bert is/was close enough to Don to know his past and Roger seems to have know something at least, why blindside him like that and embarrass him? The two of them could have just as easily told him he needed time off to clean up etc. and let him keep his dignity instead of ####### him over and having Duck bring in somebody.
Duck's a headhunter. Maybe the guy coming in was a temp. Although it does seem a bit uncouth to give Don the temporary boot and interview his temp-to-perm (?) replacement back-to-back.

Duck's a headhunter. Maybe the guy coming in was a temp. Although it does seem a bit uncouth to give Don the temporary boot and interview his temp-to-perm (?) replacement back-to-back.
I think Don needed to go down here, but I would rather have had Bert and Roger in his office waiting for him and confronting him about his actions and his identity and then asking him to take a leave, rather than how they all so coldly ####ed him over. I guess they just wanted to really drive home the point that nobody really cares about Don Draper, even after he stood up for Joan and volunteered to let Ted go to Cali to save his marriage, they still were in on it.

These guys don't exactly have a great track record of putting people's feelings before business.
True. But the way they handled the meeting in the first place was as respectful as possible, given the task.

Or maybe they just set it up that way so you can get the extra knife-twist of running into Duck on the way out, and the "Going down?" line.

Still haven't watched this. I heard the end of the last season sucked though? I like a show to be out 7-8 years minimum before I commit. However, since learning Gene Gene the Dancing Machine is part of this, I might have to make an exception.

"Why is Kent wearing an eyepatch?"

"How is Glen related to Sally now?"

"So is the black grandmother going to be a recurring character now? I don't get it."

"I just noticed that the guy that plays Cutter was also Xerxes in 'Remember the Titans'."

The funny thing is I didn't start watching til season three or four and didn't watch one or two until season four was over. So as much as I enjoyed the show I was wandering around asking things like "wait, don is really some guy named ****?" Wpuld have made your head explode.

"She loved the sea."

:lmao:

The episode should have ended with the elevator doors closing on Don.
Nah the ending with the kids was great.
We'll just have to agree to agree that you're wrong on this one. .
Nope. No way is an elevator closing better than that moment Sally and Don shared.
Was the elevator door closing better than the scene where Megan dies?
Is that not happening the most exciting thing that's happened to you this year Smoo?

"She loved the sea."

Nope. No way is an elevator closing better than that moment Sally and Don shared.
Is that not happening the most exciting thing that's happened to you this year Smoo?
Burn

"She loved the sea."

Burn
That not happening isn't that big of a deal to me. I'm excited for your big moment. Many congrats? :shrug:

These guys don't exactly have a great track record of putting people's feelings before business.
True. But the way they handled the meeting in the first place was as respectful as possible, given the task.

Or maybe they just set it up that way so you can get the extra knife-twist of running into Duck on the way out, and the "Going down?" line.
i think they're setting it up for Don to kick ### and take names at home and in the ad world

i think they're setting it up for Don to kick ### and take names at home and in the ad world

"What people really want, without even really knowing they want it, is more stories about whorehouse orphans! That's how we sell your refrigerators!"

"She loved the sea."

Burn
That not happening isn't that big of a deal to me. I'm excited for your big moment. Many congrats? :shrug:
Way to get the point, guy.

"She loved the sea."

Burn
That your life is boring enough that you need to hammer home a prediction not coming true on the message board?

"So is the black grandmother going to be a recurring character now? I don't get it."

"I just noticed that the guy that plays Cutter was also Xerxes in 'Remember the Titans'."

"Since when has Pete had an interest in Civil Rights?"
fyp

"She loved the sea."

Burn
That your life is boring enough that you need to hammer home a prediction not coming true on the message board?
And you making a prediction on the message board makes you Sir Edmund Hillary?

fyp
You did?
Yes, I added onr more example of stupidity at the bottom of your list

fyp
You did?
Yes, I added onr more example of stupidity at the bottom of your list
OK

"She loved the sea."

We'll just have to agree to agree that you're wrong on this one. LOL @ Both Sides Now. Embarassingly over the head.
haven't we seen the "going down" line enough times by an elevator. thought it was lame.

ending was good but I didn't like Both sides either. minor though.

great season.

Users who are viewing this thread