What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Auctioneer Auction Draft Analysis Tool (1 Viewer)

gebz306

Footballguy
I swear that I laughed out in awe when I just visited Fantasy Auctioneer's website and saw their Auction Software they are selling for $9.99 a pop, which is rediculous! I cant believe how similar their software is to mine that I build last year. http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy They use variance, but I referred to it as deviation from your input $ amount for a player. This year I have added and currently adding many factors that will immediately show you what you should spend based on your "Tiers" rather than a ballpark value offered by Fantasy Auctioneer... Lets call theirs and mine from last year version 1.0.... wouldnt you rather have 1.1 for 2007! And ill send it to you free!

Free Enterprise baby...

Lemme know if yall want to take a look when I update it by the weekend... So far we have...

DawgStyle

Kais Hero

Lehigh98

TecmoBeast

King of the Wolfies

AnonymousBob

send my way too

we used fantasyauctioneer on Sunday and it glitched 3 times and made the whole draft 90 minutes behind schedule, a NIGHTMARE

send my way too we used fantasyauctioneer on Sunday and it glitched 3 times and made the whole draft 90 minutes behind schedule, a NIGHTMARE
Ugh...Thats Awful! Keep in mind that this does not use a clock system like the auctions at fantasyauctioneer, rather it is for personal and Overall League Drafts that ONLY requires you to plug in a $ value for the amount a player was sold for. It does eliminate players as you go :jawdrop:You may choose however to adjust YOUR enitial $ values for each player and adjust YOUR own Tiers (Tiers are very important, and a $ value for players are effected positively or negatively based on the overall draft, how many players of a certain tier are left and the amount of teams without a player per tier) I could go into more detail, but im confused already haha... I got my dry erase board out writing formula's then turn them into functions for excel lol:shrug:

gebz306 said:
Keep in mind that this does not use a clock system like the auctions at fantasyauctioneer, rather it is for personal and Overall League Drafts that ONLY requires you to plug in a $ value for the amount a player was sold for. It does eliminate players as you go :shrug:
Yeah that's the same thing :pickle:Your thing may be fine for what it does, but to imply it's so similar to FA.com seems a bit "rediculous."

gebz306 said:
Keep in mind that this does not use a clock system like the auctions at fantasyauctioneer, rather it is for personal and Overall League Drafts that ONLY requires you to plug in a $ value for the amount a player was sold for. It does eliminate players as you go :wall:
Yeah that's the same thing ;)Your thing may be fine for what it does, but to imply it's so similar to FA.com seems a bit "rediculous."
Point Taken...It was a deep Burn!

Does your spreadsheet take keepers into account?
Hmmm...Well.... After thinking about it for a bit, its almost like starting a draft in the 4th round and taking into account the amount of starting positions filled by the teams in your league and the amount of $ spent by each team and league. Prices for players would obviously be change... The overall and idea is for teams to get players left in the higher tiers, thus creating values for each based on the supply and demands of a league. So it wouldnt be that much different:moneybag:I would have to change some things though... Ill look at it next week when I am done with the regular auction draft and test it with my bro... keep in touch

I been in auction style drafts for 10 years and for 10 years have never found projections that match up to the real draft. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet to compare it to some data from prior years.

I been in auction style drafts for 10 years and for 10 years have never found projections that match up to the real draft. I would love a copy of your spreadsheet to compare it to some data from prior years.
:thumbup: Been in autions for close to 10 years and you can use all the projected values you want but I found out 2 things1 Starting NFL QBs will never go for the auction minimum especially in 16 team leagues2 Starting NFL RBs rarely go for less than 10% of your salary cap each and usually go for 15% and up.

I was mainly just curious. The Auction-Keeper is a bit of a rare animal so I wouldn't expect much to be out there. I have toyed with calculating values in the past and have come up really hit-or-miss.

Does your spreadsheet take keepers into account?
Hmmm...Well.... After thinking about it for a bit, its almost like starting a draft in the 4th round and taking into account the amount of starting positions filled by the teams in your league and the amount of $ spent by each team and league. Prices for players would obviously be change... The overall and idea is for teams to get players left in the higher tiers, thus creating values for each based on the supply and demands of a league. So it wouldnt be that much different :unsure: I would have to change some things though... Ill look at it next week when I am done with the regular auction draft and test it with my bro... keep in touch

I saw that site also and was just going to create my own excel spreadsheet to work with. I would love to take a look at what you've made up. :unsure:

Well done. Please add me to your list.

Thanks.

I swear that I laughed out in awe when I just visited Fantasy Auctioneer's website and saw their Auction Software they are selling for $9.99 a pop, which is rediculous! I cant believe how similar their software is to mine that I build last year. http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy They use variance, but I referred to it as deviation from your input $ amount for a player. This year I have added and currently adding many factors that will immediately show you what you should spend based on your "Tiers" rather than a ballpark value offered by Fantasy Auctioneer... Lets call theirs and mine from last year version 1.0.... wouldnt you rather have 1.1 for 2007! And ill send it to you free!

Free Enterprise baby...

Lemme know if yall want to take a look when I update it by the weekend... So far we have...

DawgStyle

Kais Hero

Lehigh98

TecmoBeast

King of the Wolfies

AnonymousBob

Bump...

I will be testing this weekend with my bro to give 3rd party thoughts/analysis... Please PM me with your E-mail addresses. I will be sending a mass emailer to all from my private email...

Yall could REALLY help me out if you could Reply to my email with an excel sheet containing:

1. Your leagues data(pts, roster details, draft etc...)

2. Your projected $ values for your personal league.

3. IF YOU HAVE A COPY of your 2004-2006 Auction Drafts..must be in Nominated Draft Order I would really appreciate it! (ofcourse include $ players sold for haha)

Users who are viewing this thread