Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Rob Ninkovich

Potential? Looks like he is 3rd end behind Grant and Smith this year. Could an injury make this guy valuable?

Possibly. He looked like a player during the 2006 preseason. I don't think I'd bump anyone of value from my roster to get him, but would consider grabbing him when/if he looks in line to grab a bigger role.

I picked him up in my three leagues, and will see how training camp goes. I doubt I'll keep him in any of them, but you never know what will happen. He got very good stats last preseason.

He's a nice fourth option on a dynasty squad in a deep league. He's also someone who you might consider grabbing with the intention of throwing him onto your IR if he turns up gimpy for a week or two, depending upon your rules, in order to see how he develops. I wouldn't expect much out of him this year under most realistic circumstances though.

I like Ninkovich if he works his way into a third-down role, but his real-life value may be much greater than fantasy value.

The Saints also have another kid at DE, Josh Cooper, who performed really well last year and was basically the reason they cut Whitehead. He could cut into Ninko's playing time significantly.

• 1 month later...

Archived