Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I went fishing for safeties this spring

redman

I had a low draft position in my rookie IDP dynasty draft simply because I drafted 1.01 in the veteran draft. I noted that there seemed to be a lot of safeties left over, so I scooped up as many as I could to get a chance to grab some sleepers there. Help me make sense of who I should cut. FYI, we have deep, 45-man rosters and 3-man taxi squads, so I'm probably able to keep as many as six safeties if I felt that a couple of these rookies had big upside.

Assume that I'm starting two, which would almost certainly be the case. DB scoring is identical to LB scoring in this league; IDP scoring overall is slightly weighted towards linemen.

My definite keepers are listed first; the questionables are below, roughly in order of perceived value:

Adrian Wilson

Nick Collins

Sabby Piscitelli ®

Lawyer Milloy

James Sanders

Michael Johnson ®

C. J. Gaddis ®

Kevin Payne ®

Brandon Harrison ®

Milloy should be solid enough to keep this year. I see DB4 or so.

Sanders has never done much when he has played and I would cut him.

Brandon Harrison has the inside track...at least right now...to start at SS for Houston, so he should be a keeper.

Gaddis is behind an older player in Dawkins, so it might not be a bad idea to stash him. I like him some based on college (mild interest), however, I have not seen him play in preseason..

Johnson and Payne, I don't know enough about either to give a valid opinion.

EDIT: The Harrison comment...I have to find the link I saw regarding the comment about him having the inside track to start. Until then, proceed with caution.

Milloy should be solid enough to keep this year. I see DB4 or so. Brandon Harrison has the inside track...at least right now...to start at SS for Houston, so he should be a keeper.

I'm almost certainly keeping Milloy if there aren't good rookie prospects. I hadn't heard this about Harrison - in fact I thought other guy(s) were ahead of him even after Ellis(?) went on the IR.

Brandon Harrison has the inside track...at least right now...to start at SS for Houston, so he should be a keeper.

Link please?redman, if you think you're competitve this year, keep Milloy around, otherwise move/cut him. Sanders can go. I'd lean toward Gaddis and Payne of the rookies.

I don't think Gaddis is the guy you want on the Eagles. I think you want Mikell. He's more experienced, has played well when needed, and just signed an extension, and has been running as Dawkins' backup.

Gaddis could turn into something, but I think Mikell is a lot closer to the lineup, and is plenty solid. I was going to snag him if he left the Eagles this year.

Link please?redman, if you think you're competitve this year, keep Milloy around, otherwise move/cut him. Sanders can go. I'd lean toward Gaddis and Payne of the rookies.
I'll see if I can find the link and post it. Until then, feel free to proceed with caution.

Archived