What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[icon]'s whiskey flipping thread (5 Viewers)

I haven't had any in a while, but I was in the mood for some reason. I always drink mine neat.

GB Jack Daniels Single Barrel.
is this a lot better than standard black label?You and Icon have mentioned this.. but i cannot stand JD black label. any chance i'd like this?when it comes to bourbon.. i dig makers.

Chilled Makers on a Mckenzie boat - floating the N. Platte river - fishing for giant rainbow trout last weekend. :mmmmmmmmmmmm:

GB Jack Daniels Single Barrel.
is this a lot better than standard black label?You and Icon have mentioned this.. but i cannot stand JD black label. any chance i'd like this?when it comes to bourbon.. i dig makers.
Gobs better. I didn't fully appreciate it until a few months ago. One night I was in a bar and got the mood for a glass of Jack Daniels for some reason. So I ordered it straight up. I barely choked it down. The next day I decided to break out an unopened bottle of Single Barrel for comparison's sake. It was a thousand times better.

I'm buying a new place next month, and to celebrate, I've stocked up on booze. I grabbed some Jack, Glenfiddich, Blue Label, Macallan, Maker's Mark, Crown, Jameson, and just for laughs, a bottle of Jeremiah Weed. Something for everyone.

Also, bottles of Patron (not a tequila fan but it's something for the #####es), Bombay Sapphire, and Absolut.

Not a bad start for a bar. :shrug:

I'm buying a new place next month, and to celebrate, I've stocked up on booze. I grabbed some Jack, Glenfiddich, Blue Label, Macallan, Maker's Mark, Crown, Jameson, and just for laughs, a bottle of Jeremiah Weed. Something for everyone.Also, bottles of Patron (not a tequila fan but it's something for the #####es), Bombay Sapphire, and Absolut.Not a bad start for a bar. :shrug:
Good idea. We usually have the liquor cabinet pretty well stocked with a little bit of everything. Sometimes, we run low on particular brands (mostly Herradura Silver tequila because it's my wife's favorite and JD Single Barrel because it's my favorite). Yet that one bottle of Captain Morgan sits on the shelf full, just in case a non-discriminating rum drinker ever comes to visit.

I'm buying a new place next month, and to celebrate, I've stocked up on booze. I grabbed some Jack, Glenfiddich, Blue Label, Macallan, Maker's Mark, Crown, Jameson, and just for laughs, a bottle of Jeremiah Weed. Something for everyone.

Also, bottles of Patron (not a tequila fan but it's something for the #####es), Bombay Sapphire, and Absolut.

Not a bad start for a bar. :thumbup:
Good idea. We usually have the liquor cabinet pretty well stocked with a little bit of everything. Sometimes, we run low on particular brands (mostly Herradura Silver tequila because it's my wife's favorite and JD Single Barrel because it's my favorite). Yet that one bottle of Captain Morgan sits on the shelf full, just in case a non-discriminating rum drinker ever comes to visit.
:lmao: I have a bottle so old I don't even remember when I bought it. I know it was well before we moved to this house which was five years ago.

:lmao: Back in high school, before I knew any better, we'd drink Captain Morgan with Coke or Jolt Cola every weekend. Now I'm just a whiskey guy all around, except for the occassional gin and tonic during the summer.

proninja said:

One of these days, if you decide to start drinking like a man, we'll fire up some good tequila and if you need whiskey, I've still got a little bookers left.
Bookers is another one I've got to add to my collection. I've tried that before, and it's a good one.Tequila, though, I've just never been a fan. Cuervo was the only tequila my friends drank back in high school and college, and that swill was enough to make you gag. I tried Patron and some other not-complete-crap tequilas since then. Tequila is okay, I guess, but I could take it or leave it. I'm basically just keeping it on hand because girls seem to like it, especially Patron for some reason.

Tequila is for ladies? : (
I'm a big fan of good tequila. I have to admit that many nights that start with good tequila end up with me waking up disoriented with no recollection of the previous 12 hours and both the wife and the pets not speaking to me for whatever I tried to do to them the night before.

Tequila is for ladies? : (
I'm a big fan of good tequila. I have to admit that many nights that start with good tequila end up with me waking up disoriented with no recollection of the previous 12 hours and both the wife and the pets not speaking to me for whatever I tried to do to them the night before.
What kind of pets do you have?
Two cats. But one of 'em looks kinda cute when I've had enough tequila.

proninja said:
proninja said:

Not a bad start for a bar. :)
One of these days, if you decide to start drinking like a man, we'll fire up some good tequila and if you need whiskey, I've still got a little bookers left.
Bookers is another one I've got to add to my collection. I've tried that before, and it's a good one.Tequila, though, I've just never been a fan. Cuervo was the only tequila my friends drank back in high school and college, and that swill was enough to make you gag. I tried Patron and some other not-complete-crap tequilas since then. Tequila is okay, I guess, but I could take it or leave it. I'm basically just keeping it on hand because girls seem to like it, especially Patron for some reason.
Patron is meh. Girls like it because it's got cache, and they think it's expensive. Cuervo isn't even real tequila. Stuff's swill, and I won't drink it.Real tequila is the definition of awesome.
Please define "real tequila." So far, we like Herradura Silver as much or more than Don Julio and Patron. I'd like to try something else for comparison.

That's some good Jack. I have kept myself honest and not pilfered my wife's birthday gift of Single Barrel and I entertain that as one of my life's great accomplishments over the last few months. Perhaps she will someday finish it. I encourage it as much as I can. She gets frisky after a good double.

That's some good Jack. I have kept myself honest and not pilfered my wife's birthday gift of Single Barrel and I entertain that as one of my life's great accomplishments over the last few months. Perhaps she will someday finish it. I encourage it as much as I can. She gets frisky after a good double.
When are we playing poker again? And, will you bring your wife? I'll bring the whiskey.

When are we playing poker again? And, will you bring your wife? I'll bring the whiskey.
The wifey is a Vanderbilt educated engineer with big hooters, Angelina Jolie lips, and she drinks whiskey on the rocks. Do you really think I'm going to let her out around FBG's? Even you Bentley, who poses no perceivable threat, you lilly-wristed, umbrella drink pansy man.(I'm sorry. I'm unemployed now and I have to front as much as I can to maintain my quickly depleting dignity and bravado. Is it dealer's call?) They are really quite remarkable hooters though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, I thought I was high rolling with Makers. :thumbup:

Don't know anything about Jameson - what's the damage and is it worth it?

1) If you love whiskey so much, why don't you marry it?

2) you know you've spent too much money in the karaoke bar, when they give your party a free bottle of Patron.

3) I have unexplainable fondness for Old Grand Dad, Old Grand Dad Bonded, and the elusive Old Grand Dad 114

4) Jack and soda has been my drink of choice for years now. delicious.

Hell, I thought I was high rolling with Makers. :thumbup: Don't know anything about Jameson - what's the damage and is it worth it?
Irish Whiskey is gooooood. Jameson 18 is significantly better than Jameson. The last bottle I bought was around $75.

Girls, and everyone else, likes Patron because pop culture tells us too, and rappers and stuff say to.

Much like Absolut is considered a premium vodka by many, when it really is the suk.

whoknew said:
tommyGunZ said:
Hell, I thought I was high rolling with Makers. :lmao: Don't know anything about Jameson - what's the damage and is it worth it?
Irish Whiskey is gooooood. Jameson 18 is significantly better than Jameson. The last bottle I bought was around $75.
I've had a bottle of regular Jameson for a while and it is almost gone, so I just picked a bottle of 12 year a couple days ago. I honestly don't think I noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some taste testing tonight.ETA: tommy, the bottle of 12 year was about $30.

Hell, I thought I was high rolling with Makers. :confused: Don't know anything about Jameson - what's the damage and is it worth it?
I've had a bottle of regular Jameson for a while and it is almost gone, so I just picked a bottle of 12 year a couple days ago. I honestly don't think I noticed much of a difference. I'll have to do some taste testing tonight.ETA: tommy, the bottle of 12 year was about $30.
Did a little taste testing this evening. Poured myself a glass of each. The 12 year was smoother, just not quite as much as I was expecting. It was noticeably darker in the glass, and had a different finish, but I'm not enough of a whisky connoisseur to define it. Either way, :coffee: . Might have to grab a bottle of 18 year for further study. :coffee:

Hell, I thought I was high rolling with Makers. :bag: Don't know anything about Jameson - what's the damage and is it worth it?
Did a little taste testing this evening. Poured myself a glass of each. The 12 year was smoother, just not quite as much as I was expecting. It was noticeably darker in the glass, and had a different finish, but I'm not enough of a whisky connoisseur to define it. Either way, :thumbup: . Might have to grab a bottle of 18 year for further study. :banned:
18 is delicious. I had it for the first time about a year ago and it was love at first taste.

Markers Mark and Wild Turkey 1000 times > Jack Daniels.

Knob Creek is better than all of them.

I have been drinking Jameson a lot lately. It just makes me feel good inside. I don't know if its 18 or not...what does that mean? I just buy that $23 bottle.

I have been drinking Jameson a lot lately. It just makes me feel good inside. I don't know if its 18 or not...what does that mean? I just buy that $23 bottle.
Its not 18. 18 means it is aged 18 years. Review

Jameson Irish Whiskey Introduces a Masterpiece

JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY INTRODUCES A MASTERPIECE

New 18-Year-Old Blend Fuses Innovation with Tradition

White Plains, NY, January 15, 2004– Pernod Ricard USA, importers of Jameson Irish Whiskey, announces the release of Jameson 18-Year-Old Master Selection, an artful blend of whiskeys aged principally in Spanish Oloroso sherry casks for 18 to 23 years and then finished in Bourbon barrels.

To create this masterpiece, master blender Barry Walsh identified three types of rare, old whiskeys–full-bodied pot-still whiskey; a lighter, more delicate whiskey; and a medium pot-still whiskey–and blended them together. He hand selected large casks of rich, full-bodied pot-still whiskey to create depth and intensity of flavor. Walsh then chose smaller barrels of rare, lighter whiskey to add fragrance and delicacy. The addition of another set of casks containing a smooth, medium pot-still whiskey enhanced the blend by providing nutty, toasted-wood flavors.

This special selection of casks of exceptional whiskeys was then additionally matured in Bourbon barrels for about six months to round off the flavor and help create a smooth, rich polish. The extra marrying time allowed the flavors to become even more complex and to mellow together harmoniously.

"Jameson 18-Year-Old is a result of the pride in our philosophy of fusion: combining innovation with more than 220 years of tradition," Walsh says. "The process of triple distillation in large, copper pot stills makes Jameson 18-Year-Old extremely smooth and approachable, while the age complexity and additional nuances from the Bourbon-cask finishing produce a unique and intensely flavored Irish whiskey."

Markers Mark and Wild Turkey 1000 times > Jack Daniels.Knob Creek is better than all of them.
Two of these three statements are wrong. Maker's Mark is better than regular Jack Daniels. But, you're missing the point of this thread. It's to sit around, drink your favorite brown liquor, and reflect on the greatness of being a man that drinks brown liquor. Preferably straight up, but on the rocks is acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread