What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[icon]'s whiskey flipping thread (1 Viewer)

I was about to go to bed, and then I saw this thread and all of a sudden there's a glass of Blanton's in my hand.

:wall:

GB Jack Daniels Single Barrel.
:jawdrop: i have actually gotten to the point where i only buy gentleman jack. even for mixing. :lmao:
Are you talking about Gentleman Jack (green) or Jack Daniels Single Barrel (small black label)?
seriously?there's regular old jack (black label), green label which is the irregular ####, sometimes good, sometimes bad; gentleman jack which is the twice filtered stuff, and then the single barrel, which is the longer aged, super smooth stuff.

:jawdrop: i have actually gotten to the point where i only buy gentleman jack. even for mixing. :lmao:
Are you talking about Gentleman Jack (green) or Jack Daniels Single Barrel (small black label)?
seriously?there's regular old jack (black label), green label which is the irregular ####, sometimes good, sometimes bad; gentleman jack which is the twice filtered stuff, and then the single barrel, which is the longer aged, super smooth stuff.
I'm confused, man. Somebody said they loved Jack Daniels Single Barrel (which I love) and you responded with Gentleman Jack (which I'm ambivalent about). It's a good point about me being ####ed up about green label. Just trying to figure it all out. In conclusion, I love Single Barrel. There's a lot of stuff I'd rather drink than Gentleman Jack.

Markers Mark and Wild Turkey 1000 times > Jack Daniels.

Knob Creek is better than all of them.
Two of these three statements are wrong. Maker's Mark is better than regular Jack Daniels. But, you're missing the point of this thread. It's to sit around, drink your favorite brown liquor, and reflect on the greatness of being a man that drinks brown liquor. Preferably straight up, but on the rocks is acceptable.
:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
:popcorn: i have actually gotten to the point where i only buy gentleman jack. even for mixing. :unsure:
I'm confused, man. Somebody said they loved Jack Daniels Single Barrel (which I love) and you responded with Gentleman Jack (which I'm ambivalent about). It's a good point about me being ####ed up about green label. Just trying to figure it all out. In conclusion, I love Single Barrel. There's a lot of stuff I'd rather drink than Gentleman Jack.
it's all good. i pretty much just buy gentleman jack for sipping and mixing at this point. black and green label are good for mixing with coke or shooting if you are drunk.single barrel is good for sipping.i consider gentleman jack good for sipping or mixing, so i just stick to that as a nice compromise right now.

When Im gettin drunk, its Early Times all the way

When Im just tossin a few back, its either:

Eagle Rare

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

Bourbon does a body good!!

When Im gettin drunk, its Early Times all the wayWhen Im just tossin a few back, its either:Eagle RareWoodford ReserveKnob CreekBourbon does a body good!!
I think Eagle Rare's a really good value. I'm picking up a bottle tomorrow to get me through the Texas-Texas Tech game tomorrow.

When Im gettin drunk, its Early Times all the wayWhen Im just tossin a few back, its either:Eagle RareWoodford ReserveKnob CreekBourbon does a body good!!
I think Eagle Rare's a really good value. I'm picking up a bottle tomorrow to get me through the Texas-Texas Tech game tomorrow.
Eagle Rare is an awesome valueShort story short, when I lived in Myrtle a couple years ago, I asked the cashier (smaller establishment, only 1 register) what she recommended bourbon/whiskey wise. Eagle Rare was her 1st choice, most bang for you buckOnly time I ever asked for a recommendation, and she came through mos def. For about 20$ for your typical bottle, its a great buy. Its also on sale a lot Ive noticed

Eagle Rare is an awesome valueShort story short, when I lived in Myrtle a couple years ago, I asked the cashier (smaller establishment, only 1 register) what she recommended bourbon/whiskey wise. Eagle Rare was her 1st choice, most bang for you buckOnly time I ever asked for a recommendation, and she came through mos def. For about 20$ for your typical bottle, its a great buy. Its also on sale a lot Ive noticed
i'm going to look for this the next time i'm at the liquor store.thanks!

Also, I recommend:

Buffalo Trace

Its got a flavor Ive never knew existed for liquor. Its also a great value as about 20$ a bottle

My dad is an Early Times man and has been for decades. I've tried to introduce him to better bourbons... some small batch stuff, etc., but he won't have it. He claims that he wants that bite that - to him - bourbon is supposed to have. :popcorn:Me? I'll take my Woodford/Maker's/Knob Creek/Booker's/Basil Hayden's.

My dad is an Early Times man and has been for decades. I've tried to introduce him to better bourbons... some small batch stuff, etc., but he won't have it. He claims that he wants that bite that - to him - bourbon is supposed to have. :popcorn:Me? I'll take my Woodford/Maker's/Knob Creek/Booker's/Basil Hayden's.
i've had maker's and knob's creek and just find them boring. maybe i'll have to try some early times too.

Eagle Rare

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

My dad is an Early Times man and has been for decades. I've tried to introduce him to better bourbons... some small batch stuff, etc., but he won't have it. He claims that he wants that bite that - to him - bourbon is supposed to have. :shrug: Me? I'll take my Woodford/Maker's/Knob Creek/Booker's/Basil Hayden's.
So.........you really like Jim Beam's premium selection?

Eagle Rare

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

My dad is an Early Times man and has been for decades. I've tried to introduce him to better bourbons... some small batch stuff, etc., but he won't have it. He claims that he wants that bite that - to him - bourbon is supposed to have. :shrug: Me? I'll take my Woodford/Maker's/Knob Creek/Booker's/Basil Hayden's.
Really?

Eagle Rare

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

Really?
Yep. They make four premium offerings. Knob Creek, Bookers, Bakers, and Basil Haydens. That's why you often see them together on a display at a bar.

My dad is an Early Times man and has been for decades. I've tried to introduce him to better bourbons... some small batch stuff, etc., but he won't have it. He claims that he wants that bite that - to him - bourbon is supposed to have. :shrug:Me? I'll take my Woodford/Maker's/Knob Creek/Booker's/Basil Hayden's.
i've had maker's and knob's creek and just find them boring. maybe i'll have to try some early times too.
maybe Buffalo Trace should be your 1st try, but no, Eagle Rare will not leave you disappointed

And I forgot to mention, but I think my bourbon preferences have shown their credability, so:

Makers Mark is wayy overrated

I tastes like canadian whisky, and maybe it is, but if I wanted to drink that, Id drink Crown

Eagle Rare

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

Really?
Yep. They make four premium offerings. Knob Creek, Bookers, Bakers, and Basil Haydens. That's why you often see them together on a display at a bar.
Ahh, gotcha. Thought you were implying something else. You're absolutely correct - except that, strangely, I've never had Bakers... :shrug:

Im glad a texan knows bout Eagle Rare...most I tell about it have never heard of it, let alone tried itSo does that mean you think Tech is gonna win? Thats certainly what im hoping for, and likely what I expect. I might have to get classy for bourbon tomorrow as well if thats what happens

And I forgot to mention, but I think my bourbon preferences have shown their capability, so:

I tastes like canadian whisky, and maybe it is, but if I wanted to drink that, Id drink Crown
if you like canadian whisky at all, and like cheap stuff at a bar, get some Canadian Club. good stuff.

Im glad a texan knows bout Eagle Rare...most I tell about it have never heard of it, let alone tried itSo does that mean you think Tech is gonna win? Thats certainly what im hoping for, and likely what I expect. I might have to get classy for bourbon tomorrow as well if thats what happens
As a Texas Ex and Longhorn season ticket holder I'm not going to agree with that, but I'll have whiskey to deal with the outcome regardless. And I should go ahead and apologize for my behavior in the game thread in advance.

And I forgot to mention, but I think my bourbon preferences have shown their capability, so:

if you like canadian whisky at all, and like cheap stuff at a bar, get some Canadian Club. good stuff.
The thing about most bars is, you typically arent really saving all that much on your overpriced drink between something like CC or BeamAt a bar, I typically go for the low end stuff like Beam or JD bc its better than drinking CC for 50 cents less

...also, this thread is bumpin right now...must be a lot of whiskey drinkin goin on :shrug: :shrug:

I like me some Canadian- but generally prefer VO or even Schenley's OFC if I can find it.JB- Have you tried Sam Houston whiskey- I'm a fan of that.

I do not care for Beam or his ******* offspring

I like me some Canadian- but generally prefer VO or even Schenley's OFC if I can find it.JB- Have you tried Sam Houston whiskey- I'm a fan of that.

I do not care for Beam or his ******* offspring
Damon> Never tried it. Who makes it?And more importantly, when are we playing poker again? Name the day.

As a Texas Ex and Longhorn season ticket holder I'm not going to agree with that, but I'll have whiskey to deal with the outcome regardless. And I should go ahead and apologize for my behavior in the game thread in advance.
Ill rephrase that - I dont think Texas will lose, but I like its very possible. Ive thought this the last week, and it seems a lot have jumped on that bandwagon, but if they do lose before a bowl game, I think this is the weekAnd when I said thats what Im hoping for, its bc I went to PSU :shrug:

Ill rephrase that - I dont think Texas will lose, but I like its very possible. Ive thought this the last week, and it seems a lot have jumped on that bandwagon, but if they do lose before a bowl game, I think this is the weekAnd when I said thats what Im hoping for, its bc I went to PSU :popcorn:
Not sure who makes SH- but its in most decent liquor stores in our fair city.I'm having an election party Tue night if you want to come root for the Dems with a bunch of old hippies. You can bring your mom.I'd be down for some poker sometime. I finally sold that poker table tho, I got $175. I came out ahead on that, right?

Ill rephrase that - I dont think Texas will lose, but I like its very possible. Ive thought this the last week, and it seems a lot have jumped on that bandwagon, but if they do lose before a bowl game, I think this is the weekAnd when I said thats what Im hoping for, its bc I went to PSU :popcorn:
Not sure who makes SH- but its in most decent liquor stores in our fair city.I'm having an election party Tue night if you want to come root for the Dems with a bunch of old hippies. You can bring your mom.I'd be down for some poker sometime. I finally sold that poker table tho, I got $175. I came out ahead on that, right?
Judging by this reply....how much to mail me some Sam Houston?!?!??

I think so. $175 was about material costs.I'll have to talk to my pregnant wife. If she's in a reasonable mood, I'd love to come down there for an election party. I even voted for your guy this time.

Judging by this reply....how much to mail me some Sam Houston?!?!??
SAm's about $30 a 750ml bottle.PM me your address and I send you a bottle for xmas in return for future considerations.

I think so. $175 was about material costs.I'll have to talk to my pregnant wife. If she's in a reasonable mood, I'd love to come down there for an election party. I even voted for your guy this time.
IT will be a good time. LOTS of wine. I've got about 15 caqses I cannot fit into my cellars.

IT will be a good time. LOTS of wine. I've got about 15 caqses I cannot fit into my cellars.
I may need to ask about a sleepover in that case.

I may need to ask about a sleepover in that case.
not a problem

This just occurred to me in my half drunk bourbon state:

Anyone ever have George T. Stagg??

When I was about 19 or so, I cracked my pops bottle of this stuff. It was awesome. It didnt realize how awesome it was until I realized he bought it for the other Dr. in his practice as a gift and saw it was typically going for $100+ a bottle on ebay.

Its pret-tay good.

This just occurred to me in my half drunk bourbon state:Anyone ever have George T. Stagg??When I was about 19 or so, I cracked my pops bottle of this stuff. It was awesome. It didnt realize how awesome it was until I realized he bought it for the other Dr. in his practice as a gift and saw it was typically going for $100+ a bottle on ebay.Its pret-tay good.
Not fami9liar with that one.my favorite all-time is I.W. Harper. But it has all been sent directly to Japan since the 80s, except for a small stash I found in an old liquor store inSanFran about 10 years ago

I've officially Quit Drinking. But even when I was tilting them back I could only deal with beer and wine.

I just couldn't take the greasy taste of liquors.

Ahhh, what a great thread.

Blantons, Bookers, Rock Hill Farms. Three of the best under $60.

Now if you want to get into the good stuff - Pappy Van Winkle 20 year is amazing. Haven't had the 23 year since it's over $200/bottle.

Mud

Ahhh, what a great thread.

Blantons, Bookers, Rock Hill Farms. Three of the best under $60.

Now if you want to get into the good stuff - Pappy Van Winkle 20 year is amazing. Haven't had the 23 year since it's over $200/bottle.

Mud

This just occurred to me in my half drunk bourbon state:Anyone ever have George T. Stagg??When I was about 19 or so, I cracked my pops bottle of this stuff. It was awesome. It didnt realize how awesome it was until I realized he bought it for the other Dr. in his practice as a gift and saw it was typically going for $100+ a bottle on ebay.Its pret-tay good.
Not fami9liar with that one.my favorite all-time is I.W. Harper. But it has all been sent directly to Japan since the 80s, except for a small stash I found in an old liquor store inSanFran about 10 years ago
Not heard of that either...and I guess as an easterner I know why.Apparently the Stagg is only sold seasonly, briefly, in select places. Its about 140 proof (they actually write the proof to 1 decimal place on the label) and it still tastes like brown sugarI personally would never pay that much for some tasty bourbon, but this stuff was ridiculously good

I don't even bother keeping the stuff in the house anymore.

I plain and simply can't control myself.

Any other alcohol I'm fine around. We just had people over tonight for Halloween and there was still left over beers in the fridge from the last get together we hosted in mid September. Wine? There probably 15-20 bottles in the house that will probably still be sitting right where they are in March. There bottles of Gin, Vodka and Tequilla in my liquor cabinet that are over 6 months old that I'll probably never touch. They are only there for guests.

Put a bottle of bourbon in the house and I'm just a mess until its empty, which will be about 3 days max.

CC is $17 for a HANDLE at CostCo - that is huge value.

while crown is cool, the light mild flavor of CC (which some consider bland and call it "brown vodka" - but I digress) is really perfect for a nice mixed beverage.

CC and Coke Zero or CC and Sprite Zero are my drinks of choice when i'm just chillin' and not getting too serious about drinking.

Makers is my bourbon of choice.

I haven't really dabbled in the Irish genre.

while crown is cool, the light mild flavor of CC (which some consider bland and call it "brown vodka" - but I digress) is really perfect for a nice mixed beverage.

CC and Coke Zero or CC and Sprite Zero are my drinks of choice when i'm just chillin' and not getting too serious about drinking.
DUDE...

Users who are viewing this thread